User Reviews for Cozaar to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 2)

Cozaar Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Cozaar

Mark Andrew November 24, 2010

“I have been taking generic Cozaar for about 3 months. Taking 25mg one time a day along with 12.5 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide. It mildly lowers my BP. I get readings near 120/80, but also get high readings some time as well. Dr wants to up dosage to 50mg per day. I want to wait a while as my BP isn't that bad yet and I am trying to slowly adjust to the side effects. I am constantly "dry" and thirsty for water. I have bad dizziness that gets really bad on occasion. The side effects are much less to me than Lisinopril which had me coughing 24/7 and gave me bad angioedema after 3 months.”

gregtheegg September 30, 2010

“Real brief history: Doctor wanted me to go on blood pressure medicines for a while, finally got her to write a script for 25 mg Cozaar. Went to work on Sept 21 and blood pressure was 156/93, thought well, this is as good a time as any to start taking it. That night, resting in front of the T.V before bedtime it was 102/64. Quite a drop. After the first week it averaged 121/76. Have had no real bad side effects but I seem to feel hotter than I used to. Live in Virginia Beach and the A/C set at 73 most of the time but still feel warm, don't know if this is Cozaar or not. Am also a runner and after the first mile I feel this warm rush course through my body, also seem to sweat buckets now. ”

Blticknor September 25, 2010

“I have taken 50 mg Cozaar daily since it was released. I have had no problems at all. My BP maintains at about 98/66 with a range of 86-114/56-68. I am 71 years old and had a massive heart attack 21 years ago.”

Blticknor September 25, 2010

“I'm 71 years old and have congestive heart failure. I had a massive heart attack 21 years ago. I have taken 50 mg of Cozaar and 100 mg of Coreg daily since each has been available, with no side effects. Initially my LVEF was about 20. It is now about 30-35. My blood pressure runs about 98/66. I have had no remodeling. My heart has stayed at the upper limit of normal size all this time. I feel I owe my life to these two medicines.”

michael hinton July 26, 2010

“Cozaar did not help my blood pressure and the side effects were bad. I had headaches from day one, nausea, low back pain and nonstop trips the toilet. My doctor wanted me to try Cozaar because my medicare provider wouldn't cover my Diovan. I have been taking Diovan for years. It took forever to find a drug that worked on blood pressure without side effects. Diovan is expensive at $80 for a 30-day supply, but it works.”

Mark58 June 1, 2010

“I took Cozaar 50mg drug for one week and yes it was very effective in lowering my blood pressure to normal. However, it gave me terrible insomnia so if I got two hours sleep a night I was lucky. Also upset my stomach and gave my heart a big 'thump' every now and again. Also vision became fuzzy.”

anasant May 18, 2010

“I was taking enalapril for about six months and was coughing a lot. I just switch to Losartan potassium and so far it lowered my blood pressure better than enalapril, however, I am still coughing. It is very annoying and I will probably ask to be change again to another medicine.”

Anonymous May 13, 2010

“I've been on Cozaar for a number of years after doing a study for hypertension. It works great for me! My blood pressure is consistently 115/70 everyday. I have not experienced side effects from it. My dosage is 50 mg/day.”

Anonymous May 6, 2010

“I had been taking Benicar 20/12 mg for about 5 years, as there is no generic substitution for Benicar and it was very expensive I asked my Doctor for another drug. Cozaar was suggested and it had just become generic the week before. I have been taking it for about 6 weeks. I don't feel any negative side effects. So far so good.”

Anonymous March 26, 2010

“Cozaar 25 mg was effective in reducing blood pressure but very expensive and possibly caused dizziness. It was replaced with Amiodipine Besylate 5mg (generic for Norvasc), and it works just as well at a much, much lower price. Dizziness has eased.”

Anonymous November 17, 2009

“My MD put me on Cozaar for my hypertension and rapid pulse. I also take Verapamil. I have a condition called Marfan's Syndrome and Doctor hopes this medicine will help prevent any further dilation of my aorta. I had to go off the hydrochlorothiazide and now have a lot of edema in my legs to above my knees so started on Lasix today also. But it's worth using in order to protect my blood vessels.”

siemprepaciente October 28, 2009

“I thought this drug very effective bringing down my blood pressure from an average 146 over 89 to 120 over 70. After three days I began to get more and more nauseous until I called the Doctor on the ninth day. He said we would change to another prescription.”

John Howard Norfolk October 21, 2009

“No discernible side effects. I have taken it for more than 3 years and it works for me. I now have blood pressure less than 120/80 which was previously 140/120, although I watch my diet and exercise now, which helps.”

Anonymous October 9, 2009

“This medication caused me to have severe muscle pain and tightness in my thighs and back. It was debilitating. This was an immediate side effect I experienced. I was only on it 3 days.”

zinzan August 28, 2009

“I do take Cozaar 25mg four times a day. Taking it once a day did not work for me but my doctor agreed to my suggestion to quarter the 100mg size and my blood pressure has come down well. I do also take Clonidine with it. This combination has brought my blood pressure down to 128/76. I must say I am lucky in that my doctor was prepared to go along with my suggestion of using these amounts rather than larger doses. Yes, one pill a day would be great, but these suit me better.”

kimbari August 15, 2009

“Started 25 mg Cozaar for hypertension when 100 mg atenolol 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide didn't lower my blood pressure and after lisinopril had me coughing 24/7. A couple of days after I started taking it, the tops of my feet and my ankles started to swell, I couldn't wear my shoes. I quit taking it, but when my doctor found out, she made me go back on it. I was okay for a couple of weeks, but the swelling came back, slightly mitigated by compression hose but only slightly. Back to the drawing board.”

EDMARSHALL August 11, 2009

“Very bad sore throat, cough and terrible headache. Lisinopril did the same thing. Micardis worked better but very expensive.”

Anonymous August 4, 2009

“Has left me with a persistent cough.”

Anonymous July 20, 2009

“Very good for me, the only complaint I have is that it's expensive and a premium co-pay on my Insurance. ”

TJBRE July 15, 2009

“I used 2 tablets of Cozaar 25 for 2 weeks with no results. Dosage was raised to 4 tablets which I took for 2 more weeks with no results. ”

LYNN6 June 4, 2009

“Side effect - cough all the time.”

nebp55 May 1, 2009

“I have had high blood pressure for years and have just started a medicine routine. I tried Zestril and had great results but did not like the cough. So, my doctor switched me to Cozaar. This makes me cough, makes me tired, dizzy, and constipated.”

msgtb April 22, 2009

“Works great and does not cause erectile dysfunction like other classes of blood pressure drugs.”

Anonymous April 7, 2009

“This medicine helped my blood pressure and was used with Indapamide.”

Anonymous February 6, 2009

“I have been taking this for over a year with no side effects at all. Seems to work well. I also take 2.5 mg of Amlodipine with Cozaar.”