User Reviews for Unithroid to treat Hashimoto's disease

kingkrab · Taken for 10 years or more · December 28, 2019

“When the medication was made by Johnson-Stevens, it worked very well. I’ve been on it for over 10 years. The past couple years, something changed and it stopped working. After taking it in the morning, I had a metallic taste in my mouth and made me very tired. I will report these side effects to the FDA. Had to switch to another brand made in Austria, but works very well.”

Kk · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 31, 2021

“After 6 thyroid specialists, 3 hospital admissions, a gammet of various T4 meds at dosages ranging from 25mcg-125mcg and allergic reactions and increasing debilitating hypo symptoms. Unithroid is the med that FINALLY started bringing this nightmare under control. 50mcg + 5mcg compounded clean T3 3xday.”

MCL72 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · September 15, 2021

“I was seeing an endocrinologist that prescribed armor thyroid. She worked with me to keep my TSH at a 1.0. She retired and started seeing another endocrinologist. He put me on Unithroid and I felt awful on it. I was constipated, bloated, carpals tunnel in my hands, and major brain fog. I convinced my Primary care to prescribe armor for me and I feel so much better.”

Shafett · September 20, 2016

“I take it in the morning and with the help of my Dr. my numbers have been stable.”

Learn more about Hashimoto's disease