User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"So the condom broke and we didn't know until too late. Ran to the pharmacy to buy plan b for $50, and took it 2-3 hours after the condom broke. This was right after my fertile period, like only a day after, so there was a chance that I could have ovulated late and gotten pregnant. My period was a day or so late, most likely due to the insane stress I put myself through. First day of my period started normal, but for whatever reason all bleeding and cramps went away after around 4pm. This happened for all 4 days of my period, and I found it very odd. The cramps that I did have were excruciating, however. Today, a week or so later, I took a test- 100000% negative!! Plan b works!"

superscaredkid November 29, 2016

"I was with a guy for a pretty long time and this one time the condom broke and he had came inside... slowly he pulled out and that's when we knew that it broke. Well at that given moment, I freaked out and then a lot things were going through my mind. But my partner was there to calm me down. We then rushed to our local CVS and purchased the Plan B Formula. I took it an hour later after the incident. After 3 or 5 days I started experiencing some kind of brown/reddish color coming out my vag which was one of the symptoms I experienced. I also experienced headaches,nausea & minor cramps. But nothing I couldn't take. At the end I got my period a day later from usual."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2016

"I have a 5 month old, did the deed with my bf on November 15, after a failed pull out attempt, I went and got the plan b pill, took it within 12 hours of doing the deed, sure enough (bfp) big fat positive test yesterday on November 27th. It was confirmed through urine test, blood test, and pelvic exam. That was the only time we've done it since the birth of our daughter. It proved ineffective for me."

Ashijklmnop (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2016

"It works"

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh November 27, 2016

"Let me say this right now, my girlfriend and I had to use this one day after a bit of an accident. I said if it works I am writing a review. So I can happily say it did. She was really lucky in the sense there were no side effects other than some light nausea and fatigue. For everybody out there either panicking or debating, just let the drug do it's job. I'm also going to say right now that my girlfriend is 195 pounds and 6 foot tall. So she is above the weight limit people like to put on the drug. It worked for us."

Justonereview November 27, 2016

"*Not pregnant * I had unprotected sex October the 2 my partner did not finish inside me but ethier way you should never have unprotected sex : I learned my lesson so I took plan b 3 days after and I was stressing out so much I stopped eating that every morning after I took the pill I threw up stomach bile it was my worst nightmare and I started waking up before my alarm even hit and woke up every morning with a abnormal heart beat which I think was just all my anxiety and me not eating right and keep in mind I'm already skinny about 118 pounds after a week from taking the pill I bled at first is was brown the night before it started and then the next morning it went heavy bright red for 4 days but my period was due in 2 weeks and came again"

Lovelyv November 27, 2016

"Take action name brand. To the women that's going through what I've been through!! I had unprotected sex twice back to back November 11 2016 and November 12th 2016. I can say I took the first pill 6 hours later and the second 7 hours later.. after taking this pill I only became nauseous several times and a little cramping after I took it till now Nov 26th. I was a nervous wreck!! I read reviews after reviews I prayed and had faith and behold 2 weeks later (today Nov 26) my period is on. I will never do this again.. women! We have to start using our brains and not the frame!! My money was well spent!!! Good luck"

Me 3 November 27, 2016

"i promised myself if it worked, I'd write a review for all the ladies freaking out. personally, the condom had slipped off inside of me and was stuck in there for a bit. I took plan b within the hour and I had minor side effects. my period was a day or two late but for the most part perfectly fine. the whole time I was worried because the side effects make you feel like you're pregnant and i kept reading stuff online. trust the pill! It'll be nerve wrecking but just follow the instructions and be patient!"

Anonymous November 26, 2016

"My boyfriend and I were having sex and the condom broke. I freaked out as soon as it happened! It was about 3:10 pm and I took plan b around 4:30. I didn't really feel any side effects until the next day when I had a headache, super tired and extremely moody. The moodiness might've been because I was due for my period in a week and a half and I was PMSing but the moodiness was bad. I got my period yesterday and I told myself I would right a review if it worked for me. My period came 3 days early and it's extremely heavy with bad cramps, but that's how it normally is but I'm never early. Also, the things that say it doesn't work for people over 176 pounds is a lie, I'm 210 pounds and it worked for me! I hope this helps someone!!!"

Lively04 (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

"i said i will write a review if it worked so here i am. It all happened when the condom broke and my boyfriend finished inside. We took action right away and got the pill. Took it the next morning and got my period a week and a half later."

Anonymous November 24, 2016

"I had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend on Oct. 7 (a week after my period) and only got the plan b pill the next day, approximately 30 hrs later. the first 2 days I did not get any symptoms at all, but from the 3rd day on, I felt nauseous, extreme fatigue, and I have been burping A LOT. 2 weeks after taking the pill, on the 24th of October, I got a really bad cramps and I would say a really light period. however it got lighter and lighter that seems to be spotting and I continue to experience symptoms. A month after the incident still no period so I took a HPT and it came out negative. Fortunately after this, the symptoms starts to lessen but had a very tender breast with some cramping as well and today Nov 22 I finally got my period."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

"It works. I took the pill somewhere 14-15 hours after the incident. Me and my bf had sex on the day i was ovulating (14th day of my cycle, 5th day of my fertility). I had all those side effects that were incommon with being pregnant symptoms. But i got my period today on my 28th day of my cycle (wich is so precise btw, I Always get my period on time) Now if u took the medicine on time, and you are under that weight limit (it doesnt work for people over 176 pounds), relax and let the pill do its work. AND most important: Until you missed a period, stop reading about pregnancy symptoms because that can make u so paranoid, and u begin to belive u are experiencing all those things"

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

"this pill got the job done but i've never felt so sick in my life. i couldn't sleep for 2 days because i kept waking up sweating. i felt very nauseous and fatigued. i threw up twice. honestly just make sure you have condoms so you don't have to take this pill. it really isn't worth the side effects."

haileebrooke1 November 21, 2016

"You are probably on here reading all these reviews panicking whether the plan b pill is working for you or not. I'm here to calm the nerves, plan b does work!!! I am a teen and me and my boyfriend made the huge mistake of having unprotected sex one night. He pulled out but just to be sure I purchased a plan b the next day. About 1-2 days later I began experiencing symptoms. Fatigue, nausea, back pain, all symptoms that mimick pregnancy://. But do not worry! I got my period even earlier than expected and everything was completely normal! Calm those nerves ladies, plan b does work((:"

Anonymous November 21, 2016

"RELAX!!!!! Plan b works. I too was worried for my life that it wouldn't but fortunately it did. Long story short I had intercourse with my gf. The condom broke and we didn't use birth control. Plus I made the mistake of finishing inside. I thought I was done for at the time. Until I realized that she was on the 8th day of her ovulation cycle when we had intercourse and that on the 9th day I gave her that single plan b pill. About a month later her period finally came and it all was behind us. Best $50 spent."

Ryryryry November 20, 2016

"My boyfriend and I had sex on October 28th, it was both our first time. Well, the condom slipped and he finished in me so he rushed to the store and got plan b and I took it about 2-3 hours later. The thing is, my period was due on October 22nd and it never came, when we had sex my period was already a few days late. Well last week (2 weeks after plan b) I got a period, it was a bit lighter but the same length, maybe even a bit longer. Does this mean I am ok? I plan on taking a test anyways soon but I just need some input.."

cmayyy November 20, 2016

"I've reached out to plan b 3 times, the last one i took was about 3 years ago so it definitely works! I have no kids. After the last one i took i still went later to get a PT (which of course came out -) but the nurse told me to try and not take these pills anymore if in the future i wanted kids, not because it would be impossible but it would make it a bit harder for me to conceive. . so here i am, been 7 months TTC and nothing, it might be me who knows but i always think about what the nurse told me... plan b's are great when you think you need them but dont make them a habit.."

Cinthiaa (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 19, 2016

"Ok so I'm over 230 lbs and was super worried that Plan B would not be effective (as I had unprotected sex and he came inside of me around the time I was suppose to be most fertile) Just got my period! Hope this helps anyone who might be as worried as I was because of weight issues and pill effectiveness. I've taken this 3 times now and it's never failed me."

Nickelz November 16, 2016

"My husband & I had unprotected sex on the Nov 5 2016 at 4 am that morning. I remembered I was ovulationing the day before. I told my husband about the pill & he didn't want to hear it (he said it sounds like a abortion) anyway after trying to convince him I wanted this (we have 4 kids already, youngest is 4months) he finally told me to do what I wanted. Got the pill on the 7th, took it at 4pm and got my period on the 13th (yesterday) 3 days early! The day before I started it I felt awful! Nausea, headache, no appetite, with little cramps. (I'm bleeding heavy with a few pea sized clots) I took it at the 62 hour mark & it worked! Never been so happy to get my period! I'll never put myself in that situation again, I go this week for BC!"

MamaBearX4 November 15, 2016

"I know I was very stressed and anxious when researching Plan B, so I made sure to come back to share my positive experience! I took Plan B approx. 9 hrs after unprotected sex. I got my period almost two weeks later (and two days early). However, I did experience minor side effects. I don't typically have to endure PMS or cramps during my period, but this time around I had tender breasts in the days leading up to my period and minor cramps during menstruation. Small price to pay for avoiding pregnancy! Good luck, and don't worry."

Symie November 15, 2016

"Whomever is reading my experience I just wanted to first off say that Plan B is absoultly phenomenal and worked 100% (in my case) I usually get my period on the 12-14th of the month, had unprotected sex on November 5 and 6, took the pill on the 7th and got my period around my usual time (November 14 on the dot). I experienced barely any side effects right after taking the pill, aside from a mild side effect (slight dizziness for less than 10 minutes) but aside from the dizziness, the point is that it worked! I was so relieved when I got my period. So dont you worry girl ! Dont stress this pill is great and works! Its not a scam, its not a lie and it doesnt claim false information about anything. Thankyou Plan B !"

Gigi99 November 14, 2016

"I had unprotected sex a few days before my period and took plan b the same day. I was freaking out from reading all these crazy reviews and stories of it not working. It worked for me I'm over 185 lbs and over the "weight limit" for effeftiveness. 2 days after the pill I had severe cramps and threw up, then the next day more cramps and a very heavy clotted period. Then a normal period the next month. Personally it worked for me but I took it the same day."

allym4225 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2016

"Hi, I took plan b approximately 24 hours after unprotected sex during one of my high fertile days ( 13 days past last period) I felt some pressure cramping on my left side a few hours later. I didn't get any other side effects until exactly 2 weeks after taking the pill ( which also happened to be the day my period was suppose to start). ThAt morning I woke up with sore and full breasts, slight cramping, and a tiny bit of brown discharge that was present throughout the day. I had a little streak on my panty liner and I could see a clearish/brown discharge when I would wipe. The brown discharge was on and off for 2 and a half days. It has now been 4 days since I should've started my period and I'm constipated, , my boobs still feel hard and full, I'm tired, not feeling motivated and hungry for junk food. If I don't start my period in a couple more days I'm gonna to take a pregnancy test just to make sure. Has anyone else had any of the same symptoms as I've had? I've done so much research online and most girls have some sort of symptoms, bleeding and/or discharge from a few days- a week after taking pill not 2 weeks after. Not sure if anyone will read this but I will be back to update if pregnant or just plan b messing me up."

Joanjett1969 November 13, 2016

"So, the boyfriend and I had a slip up when the condom broke and he finished before we knew the condom had broke. Almost exactly 24 hours later I took Plan B one step. I had felt fine until about 2-3 days later I had experienced mild cramping and nausea. This eventually left. When my period was due I had sore breasts and mild cramping. I was a WEEK LATE. It's normal. When my period finally arrived it was the worst cramps I've ever felt. The blood was dark brown and eventually through out the day turned dark red. It is a very heavy flow. Do not worry if you're 1-3 weeks late guys. Maybe take a pregnancy test after a week of a missed period. This pill is highly effective. Good luck."

Kait6670 November 13, 2016

"I'm writing this to the ladies who are looking for some relief because I know how you feel! First off take a pregnancy test before you take the pill b/c it will NOT work if you already are pregnant! But I had unprotected sex on 11/1 , took the pill within two hours of the time & I got my period the 11/11 ! I didn't experience any symptoms the first couple days I took the pill but 3 days before my period I had terrible cramps & felt really dizzy. The thing is ladies do NOT stress AT ALL!! I kept myself occupied & didn't even think about it. I know it's scary but next time we all will learn to practice safe sex:) good luck to you all!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016