User Reviews for Plan B

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"Took a plan b about 1 hour after unprotected sex. About 15 minutes after taking it I had cramps not sure if it had anything to do with the pill. I read reviews about how women said that after taking plan b their periods changed drastically and they bled heavier and for more days. Usually my periods last 4 days and I'm a light bleeder. I got my period last week and nothing changed. Very positive experience for me."

Kimberly Reznikov (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am in my early 30s and took Plan B after the condom slipped off. I took the pill about 1 hr after the incident. About 5 days after I took the pill, I started to experience a dark brown gooey discharge and this continued for about 5 days until I got my period (which was on time!). According to google, this discharge is normal but at the time, I was not sure if it was my actual period. I am 5'2 and about 100lbs. For about 7 days after I took Plan B, I was a complete emotional wreck because of the blast of hormones. Side effects for me included depression, extreme fatigue, and a tingling sensation in my face. Overall ladies, trust this medicine! And try to relax and keep calm :)"

Anonymous November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 18 year old girl that made a stupid mistake. My boyfriend and I never have unprotected sex but on November 3rd we did. I got my period October 28 and I was just finishing up my period the day we had unprotected sex. We ran to get plan b about an hour after that accident. I googled everything about plan b and I saw that apparently there is a 165 pound weight limit and I am really scared cause I'm over that. "

xooooooo November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worked all three times for me!!!"

Cole225 November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was extremely worried the first day I took the pill, so I wanted to ease the worry of others (: I took plan b on October 19th at like a hour & a half after the condom slipped off. I was even more worried because I was around my ovulation. My symptoms lasted for like a week & it was only mild cramping, EXTREME hunger, & a little weight gain/ bloating. I didn’t experience any bleeding that was caused by the pill. I got my period exactly on time (October 31st) & I know it wasn’t bleeding from the pill because it was really terrible cramping & heavy just like how all my periods are. My period is ending so I took a pregnancy test & it came back negative (: DONT STRESS. Stressing will only delay your period & make you even more worried!"

<3 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this pill in September of 2017 it broke my skin out soooo bad! I went to the doctor and they stated you have to let it go away on its own. Well that takes about 2 months and then it leaves you with dark spots all over your body. I tried every skin cream to get it to go away but Bathe with Ambi soap ($1.58) and get the Ambi Skin Cream for about $4 at walmart. My spots are disappearing fast and do not use this again."

Jahniqua (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this about 7 hours after unprotected sex and was really nervous about it not working because I read something online about this not being effective for people weighing 175lb+ DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS. If you take this within 72 hours you will be fine. I had cramps and was nauseous for the day after I took it (my body is not used to these hormones) and other than that, I started my period about a week earlier than I was expecting."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It worked for me! I had my period on October 13th. I then had unprotected sex October 22nd. We didn’t use a condom, and I wasn’t on birth control. This was my first time. He pulled out, but came on my inner thigh. I wasn’t sure if he pulled out in time so I bought myself a plan b. I was freaking out! Don’t stress ladies! The sooner you take the pill, the better it works. Must be within 72 hours of having sex. I took mine 2 hours later. Your period could come extremely early, normal, or late with this pill. Today I received my period. Extremely early, October 29th. Just a week after having intercourse. Be careful, and trust the pill."

Skyya99 (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I promised that when I found out I would share my experience. I started my period on October 5th and had unprotected sex on October 19th. I was on no other sort of BC and we didn’t use a condom. He claim he pulled out in time but just in case I took a Plan B right away. Couldn’t have been more than 30 mins later. Just got my period today, October 27 and I’m so thankful! Plan B works ladies! Just take it as soon as possible and don’t freak out! Trust modern medicine!"

KK701996 October 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Plan B did work but I took plan b because I was on the patch it was my week off and me and my boyfriend used protection but unfortunately the condom broke .. in a scare went and purchased plan b about 40+ hours later took it. I felt nausea and cramps - nothing unbearable. My cycle came few days early but when it was my next month cycle it took a little longer than expected it came a few days late in this process did take 2 tests to ensure a negative result. But I finally received my cycle. If u do not have to take it DON'T but its your choice. Don't rely on this pill as it also has bad side effects but continue birth control if you are on it and becareful never know what can happen.. Walmart for $46"

What a trip October 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I promised myself that I would leave a review when my period came on. I believe this is the 4th time that Plan B has worked for me. Had unprotected sex on the 8th of Oct and my bf finished inside of me. Took Plan B less than 30 mins after, I had nausea and one episode of vomiting three days later. My period was due on the 25th and it came right on time. I read all reviews and kept my cool all while trying to remain as stress free as possible which I think helped. Also, the accident happened the day before my ovulation day so I was very fertile and it still worked. Take the pill as soon as possible, the earlier the better and try not to stress yourself out. Best of luck to anyone reading this."

NS88 (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My partner and I had protected sex just, and the condom and everything was fine - He doesn't ejaculate inside of me as I'm tremendously paranoid. But when he pulled the condom off. So I decided to take Plan B. According to my period app I was five days late, but my period isn't completely regular throughout the months. I guess I'm still a bit anxious about the situation and have been overly-observant. Now I notice stringy pieces along with my menstrual blood and I'm not sure if it's uterine lining, or if something went wrong. I'm planning on taking a pregnancy test in about a week, just to make sure as everything happened about 8 days ago."

Anonymous October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had unprotected sex on September 9th, and took Plan B six hours later. I have hormonal imbalances in the first place so the side effects made me hella exhausted and hungry. However, after the longest two weeks of my life, scrolling through this website and driving myself insane, I got my period this morning! Trust me, this pill works. I know it's hard but try not to worry, or at least take your mind off it and let it do its work. At the end of the day, a $40 pill is way less expensive than a child."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken the Plan B pill on two seperate occasions in 2015 and 2017, both times the pill was taken after contraception failure (condom breaking) during charted fertility window. I have given the pill a 5/10 review as I have had two contradictory experiences. 2015: Plan B taken 8 hours after contraception failure during fertile window. ~5 days after taking the medication, bleeding resembling the flow and duration of a period occurred. No other symptoms noted. Induced period came approximately 1.5 weeks early. Not pregnant. 2017: Plan B taken 30 minutes after contraception failure during fertile window. Sore breasts and bloating within a week of taking the medication. Missed period. Pregnancy confirmed by store test and physician."

Bella93 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I had unprotected sex a month ago (September) & my period ended about 4 days before so I took a plan B pill about 18 hours after having sex & let’s just say I’m worried because I still don’t get my period"

Yuhh (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"As I posted last September 25, 2017 being worried of getting pregnant coz I took the pill during my ovulation day and do our lovemaking again the next day. Well, Plan B saves me. I'm not pregnant. I don't feel any side effects.My period came on the same day as I expected and complete the 4 days cycle, its lighter than my usual menstruation but I did not have bad cramps, headache and dizziness. Everything is fine. And Plan B really works. Girls don't panic just take it as early as possible wait and relax. Be smart and be safe."

B24 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was super nervous cause I thought I was pregnant. I hooked up with a guy and he just pulled out. I took the pill about 4 hours after. I was nervous for the rest of the week and then I got my period. Try not to be too nervous!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took it yesterday after our little "oops" and had waited a little over 24 hrs before taking it. Woke up this morning with a terrible yeast infection. So far not all that great but I guess I'll figure out if it worked sooner rather than later."

Ilovetremaine01 October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just wanna add to what everyone else is suggesting if you take this within 72 hrs It Really Does Work & Just Breathe !! I can't stress that enough! I took this pill 25 hours after intimacy & was scared to death for like 2 weeks! The nausea side effect was lasting more than the 5 days it read on the paper or maybe I just freaked myself out.. However it's always good to practice forms of protection. But I am totally happy. Menstruation came very early for me as well. Best menstrual day ever lol lol !!!"

Nausea October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This pill works but differently to for different bodies. I took it within 24 hours of having unprotected sex . In 5 days I had slight bleeding and thought was a symptom of pill. I was little relived but was waiting for my period to come which I was suppose to get on 08.20.17 but it didn’t so thought as a side effect probably it will delay and didn’t have any signs of getting period, like cramps even a week passed. So I though I am pregnant so I had home test but negative. But I was not getting period but after 10 days of delay which was yesterday 08.30.17 all of a sudden I had cramps and got my period.I am so happy and relieved So ladies please try to be stress free if you take a pill within 72 hrs it will work!!"

Elena1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I had unprotected sex a few days after my period. My boyfriend wasn't sure if he came a little inside me so I took the plan b a few hours after! Then a few days after I started spotting for like 3-4 days brown blood. I was freaking out because I have taken plan b before & never spotted! So I was waiting for my period and it never came after that! I took 4 pregnancy tests which all were negative as I was paranoid I was pregnant since I've never missed a period! I was late by 4 weeks from my expected date of period. Reading all these comments I started freaking out even more. Well I just got my period finally! So try to stay calm and use condoms! My cycle & hormones are imbalanced now!"

Emmy7777938393 September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had sex on September 15 at night and I took the pill September 18 early in the morning. He pulled out but I was still scared. I had been freaking out and googling all my symptoms and convinced myself I was pregnant. Yesterday I got my period (it’s pretty light.) Take it as soon as possible and try not to stress ladies!! You’ll be okay."

Liveloveplanb (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had unprotected sex in June 2017 the next day I took plan b. Had what I thought was my period a week later but then got told it was probably only from the pill. I was freaking out waiting for my period. I took four pregnancy tests about 2 months later, all came out negative. I still had not gotten my period though so I was convinced the tests were wrong. I was dwelling on the situation so much I convinced myself I was showing when it really was just bloating. Four months later after taking plan b I finally got my period! This pill really does work and really messes up your cycle. Just give it time and try not to stress because stress really does delay it more. Take pregnancy tests if you're really concerned and trust them!!"

PlanBWorks September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had Sex on 09/14/17 around 12 am. I took Plan B One Step 12 pm. So after 12 hours after sexual intercourse, I took the pill. Side Effects that I had was lost of appetite. And I received my period 09/22/17, so eight days after sexual intercourse. Hours before I received my period, I had cramps, bearable cramps. I didn't want to take any pain killers or anything, which I thought would've intervened with the process of the Plan B. But, I googled & it says you can take whatever you want, 24 hours after you've taken the Plan B One Step. & my period ended 09/26/17. So my period lasted five day's, after taking the Plan B One Step. & I had already had my period from the beginning of the month of September. So I had 2 periods"

Kellykellygreenn September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Condom broke on us, so took Plan b immediately and waited. We were freaking out for weeks then period. No pregnancy, it worked for us."

Billybob94 September 27, 2017