User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"Me and my boyfriend ended up having unprotected sex i and wasn't sure if he pulled out in time. So he bought me this product the next day. I'm reading the box and I kinda refused to take it because I hate pills and the effect it said it would do, but I took it. Became dizzy and that was it. But I am still waiting for my period!"

Julie96 September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had unprotected sex on the 30th of August. I took the Plan B 1 step two hours later. About 3 hours after taking it I was getting a lot of discharge it wasn't brown but there was a lot of it but I was also 2 days before my ovulation (says my cycle tracker) and got horribly sick about 4 hours after when I first took it (which I took on an empty stomach). I was throwing up felt like like my head was in a bubble and then the migraine started. This lasted most the night and I felt lethargic the next day. I had a lot to write but this won't let me. Didn't get effects till 2 weeks later. Sore boobs and bleeding (light bleeding). It's September 19th it worked for me. Please don't freak yourself out! It works! Don't Worry!"

LadyFrazier92 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had sex with my boyfriend about a week after I got off my period (Sunday). We used a condom, but it broke. Even though he said he didn't finish yet, I was hella paranoid about pre-cum and stuff. (I also remembered that we had unprotected sex that Saturday but he "pulled out"). So we went half on a plan b pill. I took it the next morning (Monday) & I felt so sick for the rest of the week. My head was spinning while I was at work, my whole body was hurting, I was congested, had the chills, etc. Long story short I started spotting the next Sunday & now it's Monday and my period is SOOOOO heavy. Idk about you, but I'd rather pay $45-$50 for the pill than a lifetime full of payments for a child"

MM169 September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I told myself that if the pill worked for me, I would come back and share my experience to hopefully ease some minds! I've used this pill multiple times throughout high school, and now in college. Every single time it has worked for me, so I highly recommend plan b as a back up plan when necessary! This past time I used it I took it the following evening after the incident, a couple days passed and I did not experience many symptoms other then a little bit of cramping. A week later I was bleeding, I thought it may be my period, but it was very very light. So I began to worry that the blood may be on account of implantation bleeding. But a couple days after the bleeding, I had my period. My period was a little later then expected and heavier then usual."

Alexia BB September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used this twice now, this time much different. My period came 2 weeks early, blood flow like the Red Sea. Hormones out of control. Diarrhea. And severe cramps. But its worth it."

Invalid User_ September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was TERRIFIED to take this because I've had bad experiences with hormonal birth control pills. I took the pill last night with a meal, 24 hours after unprotected sex. I did wake up an hour after with some nausea- but honestly it wasn't that bad. This morning still a little nausea I am tired and slight abdominal discomfort but I wouldn't notice it if I was so worried about the side effects. Don't be afraid to take it! A few days of discomfort beats 9 months of it! So let's hope it works!"

A87 September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello ladies, well currently I am waiting the results of plan B since I had an incident this past SUN 9/10. so me and my bf always use condoms but this past Sunday alcohol was involved so we went ahead and had unprotected sex, he pulled out the first time but there's the matter of precum so of course this was the stupidest decision we both could've made, and I was expected to ovulate 3 days later. So the next morning. I went ahead and bought plan B and took it exactly at 9am (13-15 hours after). So here I am worried to the point of having a panic attack but I'm hopeful cause it's worked for me before! I'll be posting an update in 2 weeks when I take a pregnancy test. Good luck!"

199225M (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"On August 12 I had protected sex but we realized the condom broke. He came completely inside of me and I was freaking out!! I just got done with my period so I was close to ovulation. I got the pill the very next day and took it within 12 hours. 5 days after taking it I got another "period". It's actually your uterine line shedding tricking your body to think that you already ovulated. Don't freak out ladies!! Stay calm so your period doesn't get delayed! I just got my period 4 weeks after my induced period. So it's right on time. The side effects however were not pleasant. I've been having headaches and kind of nauseous. My period seems heavier (just got it today) and the cramps are worse but overall I'm just happy to have gotten my period."

$$ (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this pill 2 days after unprotected sex (July 16th) and bled a little 4 or 5 days later. I think it was just withdrawal bleeding not a period. So anyway August gets here and I still have yet to get my actual period. Didn't get one all of August so I bought a home pregnancy test beginning of September because at this point I didn't think Plan B had worked (although I had no typical pregnancy symptoms). Anyway I took two home pregnancy tests and they both came back negative. This morning I started getting bad cramps and finally I got my period. Now I know this pill is different for everyone but I'd say unless you absolutely have no other options then don't take this pill. Just get on birthcontrol or have the guy wear a condom. I am relieved I'm not pregnant though."

Elle27 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So this is for you girls that are panicking right now because you had an "accident", RELAX. This works. Me and my boyfriend were having sex and the condom broke and we didn't notice. It was a day before my fertile period began (according to my period app which can be wrong). I took the pill after about 9 hours of the incident and got my period 2 weeks earlier than when I was supposed to. It was such a relief! Just make sure you take it within 72hours and it will work! Don't worry!"

Rchica September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 22 years old. I had sex for the first time and it was unprotected. I panicked a lot because he did finish in me. I couldn't tell any one because I don't really trust a lot of ppl. I made him pay for the pill. I had sex around 11pm on August 4th 2017. I didn't get the pill till 10am the next day. I did as much research as I could. All I would read was don't panic believe you are not pregnant. So I did, I tried to stay calm. I then had my period and then September came around and got my period again. It works just relax"

Anonymous September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Well just sharing my experience. I had unprotected sex so I went and got the plan b pill 9 hours later. I didn't eat anything I just took it then immediately I felt tired I took a nap. As a week or two weeks went by my stomach became very bloated and today I just got my period but still my breasts are bigger and my stomach is still very bloated. I haven't had any severe side effects from it and this was my very first time taking it. I hope the bloating will go away soon bc basically it looks like I'm pregnant but I have my period so maybe I'll take a test later on in the month just to make sure. But the pill was pretty decent I didn't get sick at all."

Silver1877777 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Not sure if I'm pregnant yet or not, but what I do know for sure is that the day after I took plan b I felt nauseous, feverish, and I had extreme body pains. It has now been 3 days since I've taken plan b & my symptoms only seem to be getting worse."

123456789abcdefghijklmnop September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took it the very next day. I got my period, but just found out 8 weeks later that I'm pregnant. Did not work!! Don't take this."

Danielle90042 (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was just like all of you guys all scared saying what should I do if it doesn't work? How am I gonna tell my parents?. The day I needed plan b one step it had worked. That day me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex and I came inside of her. We took the drug within 30 minutes and ate something with it because it will give you nausea if you don't. The pill worked and it wasn't the 1st time it ever did. You guys are going to be fine I guarantee you just take it within the 1st 24 hours"

Big boi123456 September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I had drunk unprotected sex August 13 2017 and when I woke up I started to panic and made my boyfriend leave work so we can go buy this pill. I took the pill 12 hours after sex, I took it with food and right after fell asleep. A couple days after taking the pill those side effects hit me crazy I was feeling so bad it was the worst, from horrible cramps/abdominal pains to being tired all the time to getting headaches eating a lot and getting depressed out of no where. That happened for about two weeks the third week I experienced tender breasts and I started spotting brown/red blood I was a bit relief once I saw almost all the people that took it bled to. It was a good sign so I bled for about four days and it led to my period!!"

It worked!! Be patient!! Pray! (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had unprotected sex a few days (2 or 3 days) before my expected ovulation. The condom broke, so if I was fertile, I was definitely going to be pregnant. But we went to Walmart and bought the plan B; I took it after about 3 hours because I had been reading reviews and got scared about the potential side effects. But I didn't get any horrible side effects from it; only light cramping at random times. I started bleeding about a week afterwards. It didn't feel like a normal period. I'm pretty sure it was just my uterus shedding itself. This lasted a week. It was kinda heavy at first and began to taper off each day that went by. And there was only light cramping (thankfully). My normal period came after 4 weeks. (So it was a week late.)"

MarzYo August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This stuff does work. I took it 12 hours after having unprotected sex and I got my period about a week and a half later. Don't stress I didn't even worry about I literally forgot I took it."

A18 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If this was going to work I promised I would do a review. This is my 2nd time using plan B in about 9 months. I don't use birth control & never have but now I just might. I had been celibate for 9 months until recently having unprotected sex with a guy. I was barely off my period. I didn't think about the risk of me being fertile. He ended up cumming on my leg & I was almost confident none of it went in me. That was until about 39 hours later that I started to get paranoid so I bought Plan B & drank plenty of vitamin C. I was super stressed & the internet + my dreams at night didn't help the paranoia. I ended up getting my period 8 days early! This pill works ladies!"

Nomorefvckboys August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So my husband and I have five children. So we get pregnant very easily. After baby number four my husband had a vasectomy....I have five children so you can see how well that turned out for us. After the birth of my son and after the waiting period we had an intimate moment but I hadn't started any birth control yet. Being terrified that I could get pregnant again I took plan B. The side effects started about three days later and I haven't been that sick ever! It was awful. I felt very pregnant as well. But after thtat week I got my period. It was very heavy and I had read that it might just be withdrawal bleeding so then I worried for another four weeks before my next period finally came. So I'm not pregnant. IUD appointment already set"

Anonymous August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is for all the worried gals reading these comments like I did- On August 6th, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he COMPLETELY finished inside me. He thought I was on the birth control pill bc I previously was, but I got off of it (stupid ik). Within an hour, I took Plan B. I got MANY of the symptoms. Cramps, bloating, nausea, sore breasts etc, all over the course of a week. I was scared it wasn't going to work because this was all around the time I was going to be ovulating AND I was definitely fertile. It was also my 4th time taking plan b. My period wasn't supposed to come for another two weeks which is today, August 21! It was a very long awful wait, but I just got my period!! Plan B WORKS, just be patient"

Anonymous August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

" I am not the type to, but recently single, I hooked up with a guy. We had sex twice and he half-finished inside me the first time, and then went right back in for a second round an hour later & claimed he pulled out but there was alcohol involved so we both weren't 100% sure. Worst thing was it was either the DAY I was ovulating or the day before I was supposed to ovulate. I took Plan b 13 hours later. I had minimal side effects, mainly mild cramping. I had sex on August 14th and got my period a week earlier than I was supposed to, on August 20th. Do not stress - this pill works and is recommended at any time of the cycle!!!"

Jshegehsjdjsbsnd August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Last weekend Me and My Girlfriend was having sex but the condom broke. Even though I didn't cum , I was scared for pre-cum so next day she got Plan B & this was 27 hours later . I don't know if she was ovulating or not but she was tired and having the side effects on the box like nausea , acne , abdominal pain (cramps ,stomach aches) but that's all she told me . I was so freaked out I couldn't eat , I was researching everyday & the internet was scaring me about other people experiences that didn't work . 10 days later she texted me and said she has her period ! This is the greatest relief I've ever had ! So the pill works ! It's worth the money . Don't go on google or anything because you will be freaked out! It will be okay"

Notthepapi (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I'm here like many of you to sing the praises of this product. I'm 32 5'9" and a good 270. Me and my boyfriend got a bit carried away for our first time together and long story short no protection was used. I was super freaked out as I didn't want to have a baby with a guy I haven't been with six months yet. When I got home and looked at my period tracker I realized that I was smack in the middle of my high fertility time. I got to Walgreen's and took this pill within 12 hours of intercourse (and after a long sleepless night worrying). I didn't have the worst side effects but I did have cramps, nausea, extreme breast tenderness and major bloating and fatigue for a week or so. I'm having a period right now so I'm happy!"

Miss 720 August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken this medicine several times now over the last few years. My husband and I have unprotected sex but he usually pulls out in time unless we're trying to get pregnant. Every now and then he doesn't pull soon enough and I have to take the pill for safe measure. It truly works. Some side effects I typically experience are: nausea, heavy or late periods, prolonged periods (up to 14 days long), sore/tender breasts, and cramps. I also get super moody and very impatient. Although they aren't the most pleasant, it's worth it if you're not planning on have a baby. It works. This last time I took it a little after 48 hours of having sex, 3 days before I ovulated and we're in the clear :) good luck"

LK2006CAC August 17, 2017