User Reviews for Plan B

Plan B Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"On April 26 my boyfriend & I had sex but although we did use protection, the condom broke right before he finished. To be on the safe side I went and got a pill about 2 hours later. This is my second time taking the pill. First time I didn’t experience any side effects but this second time I did get horrible abdominal pain & nausea. I got my period on Friday May 11 right on time. The pill works ladies just sit back & relax."

Jenny (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

"I’m 18 and had sex for the first time and the condom broke. As soon as we figured it out, we rushed to the drug store and bought a plan b. Friends told me I would experience terrible cramps before my period which was supposed to start in 15 days. For the next week and a half (dead week in college (week before final exams) ) I stressed about being pregnant, thinking I was getting bigger or whatever. I wasn’t. 11 days later, after reading a ton of reviews and stressing, I got my period. Which was light at first so I thought it was implantation bleeding, but as the day went on, my flow got SO heavy and my cramps got SO bad. Usually my period is bad but never this bad. I took 4 ibuprofen and felt better but period symptoms were multiplied. Besides that, I experienced the worst mood swings. My poor boyfriend was so sweet through it all and he told me not to worry and so did all of my friends, they were right:/ don’t worry, this thing works."

notreadymomtobe May 13, 2018

"THE PILLS WORKS!!! Relax ladies. I had unprotected sex almost 2 weeks ago. But my partner did not ejaculate inside of me. But I took the plan B just in case!! I took within 30 minutes or less. I had sex on the 19th of April and my period was scheduled to come May 11th but it came yesterday! 3 days earlier. Relax ladies!!! The pill just had the worse side effects such a nausea, fatigue and etc. but relax!! It works."

JAD (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

"I am 235 pounds and my boyfriend full on finished inside of me, I took a plan B pill 3 hours later and My period came right on time this month! I have taken this pill 3 times in one year and I’ve never gotten pregnant. So DONT' WORRY GIRLS IT DOES WORK ON 180 POUNDS AND OVER!"

It’s works May 6, 2018

"So over a month ago. My ex and I had sex. He didn’t ejaculate inside of me but I got scared because precum can have traces of sperm. About 30 minutes later I took Plan B. A week later I started bleeding it was a side effect of Plan B. (For all you women who use calendars to track your period I use this app it’s helpful. It shows you when you ovulate and when you’re fertile, it also logs all your periods.) The whole week of my period I was stressing I was pregnant and doing the math in my head when I was fertile or if I ovulated. After my period being 10 days late it finally came today and it’s such a relief. Please if you took Plan B and are scared don’t be. It’s a large dose of hormones which will cause pregnant like symptoms but changes are there is a 99% chance you aren’t pregnant. DO NOT STRESS it prolongs your period. Keep your mind off it. Just don’t go and think you’re pregnant because you most likely aren’t. Just let the pill do it’s job!"

Melissa April 30, 2018

"I am 18 and my girlfriend is 18. My girlfriend is not on any form of birth control. We had unprotected sex on September 8th at around 4 pm. One hour later, we engaged in unprotected sex again. On both of these occasions, I made sure to ejaculate away from her vagina. 50 hours later, she took a Plan B One-Step pill and reported mild nausea a few hours later. Now, on the day we had unprotected sex (September 8th) she was on day four of four of her regular period. Since she has a 28-day cycle, she was projected to start her period again on October 2nd. Instead, she had her period on October 14th (12 days late). She mentioned that she has never experienced cramps during her period. She felt no side effects besides mild nausea she felt a few hours after taking the pill. When she finally got her period, it was light and she experienced mild cramping. Do not fall into a deep state of denial but instead understand what decisions were made and prepare yourself to embrace the future."

Anonymous April 29, 2018

"I took the pill 26 hours after my boyfriend did things in me and I was ovulating during that time and I read that it wouldn’t work if I was ovulating. My body has always rejected birth control so I was so scared and I took my time reading reviews so I was stressing hard. I showed no symptoms at all. Not even bleeding until it was time for my period and my period was three days early. This pill really does work. If you don’t want to spend the $55 like I did you can get one day shipping on amazon and the pill is only $33"

1234566jsjsbd (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

"Had unprotected sex. Didn't pull out. Wasn't able to get the pill until nearly 24 hours after. But it worked."

RB (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2018

"This website really helped when I was soo desperate and depressed. SO FIRST OF ALL PLEASE TRY TO STAY CALM LADIES. So my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex about 2 weeks ago. (ladies please take care and use protection always loves) He didn‘t come inside me, but I still freaked out because I read about precum having sperm. I was ovulating at that time, as my app said so and I also usually get mittelschmerz (ovulation pain). I took plan B within an hour after that. I was so depressed cause I was not looking forward to having a child, since I‘m still a (late) teen. To the side effects: I hardly had any side effects except for fatigue 2-3 hours after takin the pill. I had no spotting, no nothing. I was depressed though but I guess that was me worrying too much. But finally today, 2 weeks later I got my period just on time! Surely not pregnant so I am so thankful to this pill . So ladies stop looking up stuff on google. My first and last time taking this pill though. I'll be careful next time."

Yasss April 26, 2018

"OMG!! Sit back and relax ladies. l am here to ease your mind and let you know that this pill works. On March 18 around 3:30 am I had unprotected sex that was the last day of my period. I was drunk and I remembered when I woke up from my nap that we didn't use protection. I was freaking out. My cousin drove me to rite aid that morning around 11:00 am to get the plan b pill for $55. I took it instantly. After I got home I started having nausea, headache, and that week I had intense back pain. March 19 I started light bleeding brown for 3 days. After that I started stressing so much. My period was supposed to get here April 13 and nothing while waiting I Became so emotional, had such bad mood swings, and my mind was playing games making me think I was pregnant. Luckily 12 days late I get my period. DO NOT STRESS. I KNOW YOU'RE PROBABLY LIKE HOW CAN I NOT STRESS. STRESS WILL DELAY YOUR PERIOD. JUST PRAY YOU'LL BE FINE TRUST ME."

asshsdgd (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

"Alright ladies.... if you’re in the place I’ve been, laying in bed, researching this pill after doing something dumb, or having a condom malfunction, listen to me: GO GET THIS PILL. I’m 28 and weigh 200 pounds (I’ve heard it doesn’t work if you are over 175) and I track my period meticulously. I also am very consistent. 24/25 day cycles each month. I have (stupidly) had unprotected sex 2 times in the last 6 months within the 24 hour window of my supposed ovulation date and taken plan B both times. It worked! Both times I took the pill within 4-6 hours of the act. Both times I woke up the middle of the next night with moderate but not severe cramping. I would compare it to really bad gas pain honestly. I went back to sleep eventually and the next day was completely fine. My periods came about 2 or 3 days early each time and they were normal. If you’re really worried, ask the guy to buy it to save yourself the 50 bucks. Good luck and don’t stress."

Lstizzle April 26, 2018

"Hello everyone My experience after taking Plan b is amazing!! So we did unprotected on April 10th, I took plan b within 24 hrs and got my periods on 22nd . No side effects at all!! Thank you Plan B for being thr!!"

Sunny (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

"Oh my! Guys I was so scared I had unprotected sex and I was almost certain I was gonna get pregnant I took plan B two days after because I could get it in my own so a friend had to bring it to me. Well I took it and got my period 6 days early but I’m not pregnant and that what matters thank you plan B you saved my life in more than one way... but always remember guys it’s so much stress - just use protection in the first place so you don’t have to worry or spend $60 on a pill ❤️"

Dawsonsprincess (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

"I took plan b on the 11th day of my cycle after a stupid night of rekindling the fire with my ex. I took the pill 30 minutes after. Now let me tell you the pill does work, but for some of us it creates the worst side effects. I woke up the next day with diarrhea, nausea, and cramps. 6 days went by and life was fine until I woke up a week after taking the pill to my bed soaked in blood. My bed literally looked like something out of a Stephen King novel. This happened for 3 days. Then I full well expected to get my period 10 days after that. I didn't. I spent the next 12 days freaking out. Took a test, it was -. Well, finally today, 1 month to the date after the event happened I finally got my period. I literally got it as I was about to head out the door to go to Planned Parenthood (ironic). Now the only reason I am posting about this demon pill is because it works, it just messes with your body. "

Emmvvvvvvv April 24, 2018

"I took Plan B within less than 48 hours and still became pregnant."

grace (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

"I like to start out by saying thank you. Ok so my boyfriend and I had sex on the exact date that I was ovulating and the condom broke and he finished inside of me. So we went out and he bought me the pill (which was the plan B one step) and I took it between 45 minutes of it happening. The symptoms start with a couple of hours which was just breast tenderness and headaches. But 2 or three days later I noticed an extreme increase in my appetite. Come week 2 my breasts were very tender and I kept on feeling like I was on my period but I would check and it would only be clear thick fluid. So I look up that symptom and early sign of pregnancy, stress, and some other stuff popped up. So I thought I was pregnant cause so many of my symptoms match up with it. I was so scared and stress myself out for the whole two week but thankfully my period came in exactly two weeks. The good reviews on there really held me together so thats why I wrote one myself to give some of you some hope."

Strawberry Jam April 17, 2018

"***LISTEN*** there are not many posts from the guys side of the story so here it is: my girlfriend and I had sex for the first time ever on April 2 and unfortunately the condom broke both panicked in immediately she went and got a Plan B and took it with in 45 minutes long story short she got her period A day after it was expected thank you Lord. But during that time of waiting it was the worst time of my life I can tell you that the hardest thing was to keep those thoughts out of your head where you think your girlfriend is pregnant when actuality she probably isn’t. Here’s some huge advice: Don’t let your emotions control your thoughts, let your thoughts control your emotions and just wait it out and keep reassuring her that everything will be fine. I asked five of my friends who’ve had to use it this pill multiple times it has worked every single time for them that was the only way that I could stay calm trust me it works."

The voice April 15, 2018

"I took plan b after the condom broke so I wanted to make sure that I wouldn’t get pregnant. A few weeks later after taking the pill I had frequent lower abdominal pain but I thought it was my period. A week later my period still didn’t come so I became concerned because I still had lower pelvis and abdominal pain. I went to the doctor and tested positive for a uterine Infection and a yeast infection. I do not recommend plan b because there are side effects that are not listed. If you are worried about being pregnant go to your doctor. Plan b made things worse for me"

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

"The only good thing about this pill is that it works. But then from the symptoms that I'm experiencing I'm not even sure that is a good thing. I took Plan B two weeks ago exactly 6 hours after having had unprotected sex. Got some sort of weird heavy period about 4 days after I took it and I've been bleeding ever since. That is 10 days of bleeding and I feel weak, I can't sleep more than 4 hours each night, my boobs are sore, my cramps are worse than I could ever imagine and I was so hormonal the first 2 days that I went into depression. I will never take this pill again I would rather end up pregnant than go through what I am feeling right now."

Corie (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

"I had a good experience with Plan B pill and I never had any of the side effects. However when it came to getting my period my cramps were so bad. So much worse then I’ve ever had before. I wouldn’t wish these cramps on anyone they hurt so bad!!!"

Rayne (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

"Ladies!!! this pill works!! I had unprotected sex on February 10th, took Plan B February 11th and got my period extremely heavy March 15th a few days late because of the timing of me taking the pill the day my period ended during my previous cycle. I worried myself sick the days following taking the pill even though before I took it I ate something and didn’t have any side effects, did have spotting for a few days following but that’s normal. Please don’t do what I did and spend your days googling reviews and stories because I think I prolonged my period of not showing up by stressing myself out. the pill works and you just need to take a deep breath and relax."

L March 15, 2018

"I took this 7 hours after the condom broke and I still ended up pregnant. It does not work. $50 pill and it didn't work!!!"

Anonymous March 14, 2018

"I’m 18 and me and my boyfriend had sex on January 27th which was 5 days after my period ended. The next morning about 5 hours later I took the pill. About a week after I took the pill I had light bleeding. After that I began having cramps that lasted a week but no period came. I was very bloated in the weeks following and I became very nervous and scared reading things online until my real period finally came on February 28th about a week and a half late. Ladies, the pill DOES work!!! Try not to worry and get yourself worked up because over those longggg weeks of waiting I became very paranoid and my mind was making me believe that I was pregnant but just try to be patient because you are most likely not. Ps. I did experience mood swings towards the end of the time it took the medicine to exit my system. Best of luck."

Emma (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

"My husband and I had sex and condom broke. We realized that after the fact. I was on my 20th day of my cycle. We went to the store and got Plan B within 45 min. I developed lower abdominal cramps for several days. I got my period one day late. Don't stress it does work"

Stacy March 11, 2018

"I have had to use EC 3 times in the last 3 months (terrible I know!). I am regular and have a 26 day cycle. The 1st month I had sex on Day 4 using the pull out. I usually ovulate between days 7-12 so I took plan B 12h later. I had dark brown spotting 4 days later that lasted for 3 days. I got my next period 26 days after the end of that spotting. The next month I had sex on day 24-25 using the pull out. I took Take Action about 12h later. I started my period that night. It was longer (I bled 8 days instead of 5) but otherwise no side effects. The 3rd month he finished inside me on day 20. I took plan B 5h later. I again had unprotected sex on day 21-22 this time using the pull out. I had terrible mood symptoms which didn't end until I started my period on time. I was probably only at risk of getting pregnant even without plan B the first month since I had already ovulated in months 2 and 3 and it was low risk in month 1 given he didn't finish inside me and it was potentially before my fertile window. I am definitely going to get on proper contraception"

Anonymous1 March 9, 2018