User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"This pill does work girls !!! I took it right in time since I believe you have to take it within the 72 hour frame. It was expensive ( $50 ) but it was completely worth it! I did have a few side effects a few days after taking it like nausea and a few cramps. I started spotting brown before my normal period came . I was 2 days late on my period but it did come. Don't worry , as long as you take it in time and restrain from sexual intercourse while you wait for your next period & for the pill to do it's magic , the pill will be effective. Highly recommend this pill and it's effectiveness. I did learn my lesson though! Use protection ( condoms ) or birth control pills ladies."

AnonymousWoman1023 September 27, 2016

"Spermicide condom broke inside me during the last fertile day of my cycle around 8:30 PM but he did not cum inside of me. Went to by this @ Target at 9 PM so that was around a 30min-1hr time frame from the incident. Experienced extreme mood swings, sadness, anxiety, irrational, depression, fatigue, and etc. Happily got my period two days early. Always works, but extreme side affects. Would recommend having one at home in case all drug stores are closed! Good luck. It worked for me!"

Turtle Lord of the West September 26, 2016

"For any teenage girl who is worried right now, don't be. I did the deed on sept 16 and the condom slipped off in me and I was so freaked that I drove over to Walgreens and took the pill within the first 24 hours because I was nowhere near ready to have a baby or be a mom I am WAY too young for that. At first I was fine, I had no symptoms and was normal but the second day was when the horrors began. I went insane, my mood was so swingy and I was constantly stressed out and nervous and just angry and I cried so much thank goodness I have such a supportive boyfriend to help me be okay. I didn't get the cramping and nausea too bad but I broke out a ton on my face. But do not stress it works and everything will be okay!!"

All is well (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

"Dont stress! This pill worked, well at least for me. Whenever I feel stressed, i would read the reviews so here's mine. I took the pill 3 hours after condom breakage on the 11th, one week before my expected period(though mines abit irregular around 34days ). I experienced little to no side effect that week. Week passed and still no period but I did start experiencing abit of neasea and cramps. Nothing unbearable tho. I took a pregency test on the 24th n came out neg n that night I got my period! 2 week after the pill and 1 week late from expected period. My period started off light n slowly heading to the heavy side. It might make u come late so don't worry :) worth the 30 bucks"

Anonymous September 25, 2016

"I had a quickie n he decided to finish it off in me... Well IMMEDIATELY we went 2 our local pharmacy n bought this plan b 1 step pill.I took it immediately.2 weeks later,took a pregnancy test n got the world's BIGGEST POSITIVE. The small pill was $50.That was the 1st time in a year n a half that I had intercourse n the last after I had my first son. I honestly believe this pill is ineffective because they just want u to think it works when n reality, it would never work. Alot of women don't know their bodies when they ovulate so if your not fertile and he ejaculates n u and u take the pill n dont get preg., The pill is supposed to make u think it worked. DO NOT buy. Was NEVER effective. Thank u!"

Anonymous Lady (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2016

Anonymous Lady September 23, 2016

"I was sure I was ovulating when the condom broke, but I took Plan B 9 hours after the incident. I read on the Planned Parenthood website that if you are ovulating or have already ovulated, Plan B has no effect in preventing pregnancy. Luckily, I got my period on the exact day that I was supposed to. I rated 10 stars because if taken before ovulation, it is very effective as it mainly works by delaying ovulation. However, during or after ovulation it's not clear that it works to prevent pregnancy. I didn't get pregnant, and it may be because Plan B did it's job in preventing implantation, or it could have been because I was not actually ovulating. It is difficult to tell when exactly you are ovulating. Don't freak out just yet. Good luck!"

fertile myrtle September 22, 2016

"I had sex with my boyfriend on September 2nd around 3am. I then went the following morning and got the plan b pill and took it around 2pm. My period usually comes between the 6-8 every month. I have never been late or missed a period. However, I never got my period and was experiencing nausea, vomitting, headaches, and got a UTI (which I have NEVER had before!) I waited until yesterday, September 20th to take a test and it was positiv. I then took 3 more, all positive. The pill did not work for my boyfriend and I! Big waste of $55!"

babymomma20 September 21, 2016

"My experience was eye opening for me. I had sex with this guy around the time I was ovulating and the condom broke, he finished in me. I took the pill 14 hours later and thought I'd be pregnant either ways. After about 4 days I started experiencing dizziness, abnormal bleeding, and nausea. I love to eat so I knew that something was wrong. I was beyond moody and I felt extremely distracted from everything. I was positive I was pregnant. Thankfully I got my period 2 days early and even though I have severe cramps it's all worth it!!"

Anonymous911k September 20, 2016

"I did ''it'' on september 12,2016 & on september 17 I recieved brown spotting slightly pickish I thought it was implantation "period" I started to freak out really bad but SO HAPPY IT IS NOT. I NOW HAVE MY HEAVY PERIOD with fatigue the pill works! Just take it as soon as it happens or within the 24 hour range best.drink warm teas for the cramping! Or hot baths. Love you all! Be careful!"

Septembereighteengirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

"It works!!!!!!"

Anonymous September 18, 2016

"September 5th 2016 at 4:30 p.m. It was me and my fianc"

Plan B Works Relax! September 18, 2016

"I told myself if I didn't have a kid then I would write a review.My ex and I had a hook up, he had a condom on and then not long after came inside me. So I took the pill even though the condom didn't break or anything but I was scared that he did not have the condom on right ( he's not to smart)I took the pill 12 hours after sex. A week later I started to bleed, this happened for about 6-8days, well that wasn't my period cuz I had asked my doctor,she just said It was the pills bleeding out process?So then came the long month from the 13th of August to the 8th of September I did nothing but wait for a period and it sucked, my real period was 2 weeks late. But the pill worked, just only take if needed! Good luck lady's. Your period will come."

Crazy nervous September 17, 2016

"I had sex for the first time ever, unprotected, on my day of ovulation. He pulled out but I was still anxious because I knew that my sisters and I were all a result of the pull out method... So we got Plan B and I took it probably an hour and a half after sex. I was really worried because I had no immediate side effects and I had "the feeling that I was pregnant." (The only side affect that I ever got was bloody noses for about six days after I took the pill.) After reading the reviews on here I felt a lot better, but the thought of pregnancy still nagged at me. A week after sex I took two tests, both negative. My period started about five days early. Try not to stress out, this pill actually works"

Thankful888 September 17, 2016

"I had unprotected sex August 29 which was a Monday and after we finished he told me that he came inside me, and let me tell y'all I was fertile and i ovulated on Wednesday!! Well I started freaking out and took the pill 40 min after. Tuesday morning I did feel some of the side effects but nothing too major!! Your period is either going to be early or late but i wasn't supposed to get my period until 2 weeks from the day I had sex. Fortunately I got it early six days later so it does work!! Also they say that if you weigh more then 160 or so it won't be as effective and well I'm a pretty curvy girl I weigh 250 and it worked on me so Don't believe that stupid theory!!! Hope it was helpful!!"

CR21 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

"So me and my BF had sex but the condom failed he ended up finishing in me, I automatically started to freak out bc I'm not ready for a child just yet. So we rushed to the closest pharmacy and found plan b. I took the pill 1 hour after the accident and I was desperately waiting for my period to arrive. It came 1 day earlier than expected however it's heavier than usual. But don't worry have faith in the pill it works don't doubt the pill"

ITTAKESTIME September 16, 2016

"I got my period august 4th-8th, a week later i had unprotected sex with a dude I had barely met , eventually some things led to another and it was literally a 5 minute thing! In the end I was not sure if he came in me, obviously every guy will say no but I still was not sure, I took the pill about 1 hour after it happened , I bled about 1 1/2 week after taking the pill (which you are suppose to & no it wasn't my period which I thought it was). I was expecting my period in the beginning of september and it never came... I was afraid with a thought in the back of my head telling me yes he came in me, no this pill didn't work, yes I'm pregnant... Luckily today i got my period! Take the pill even if you aren't sure about it! & don't stress!!"

Anonymous September 14, 2016

"I have used this pill twice. My boyfriend and i have been havjng unprotected sex for about 2 yrs. We usually use condoms and sometimes we do it without one. The first time i took the pill we weren't sure if he had came in me. I took it the next morning and had no symptoms at all. Got my period on time. This is the second time i take Plan B. I took it after 30 mins of having sex. And a week later im getting the worst cramps ever. I hope it works because I'm stressing out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

"I took Plan B on August 23 exactly an hour after the incident! I was freaking out that it didn't work because I wasn't experiencing any symptom. A week later I had major cramping. Then on Sept 3 I started to spot and on Sept 8 I finally got my period. I was a week late. The pill works ladies so just be patient. The anxiety will make you think the worse so relax!"

College girl 14 September 9, 2016

"I took the pill 30 minutes after my boyfriend came inside of me. I was totally freaking out. A day after I took the pill I felt tired. I also had nausea, fatigue, and cramps. I honestly thought I was pregnant. I got my period 6 days later. Please don't stress! The pill works."

BettyG04 September 9, 2016

"The side effects for this pill are horrible. I took it within 24 hours of having unprotected sex. It made me dizzy, nauseous right after I took i . A week layer, my right ovary starts hurting me and now I am getting awful hives all over my body, very itchy . I've been spotting for 3 days now. Waste of money."

Bella_cp (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2016

"Had a condom mishap with a guy I was dating. I'm on birth control but had missed a pill that week and was worried that I wasn't protected. Took the pill 16 hours after the incident. Had no side effects for a few days, but was extremely anxious as I waited for my period which was two weeks away. After 3 days I did have some abdominal cramping that felt like bad period cramps. That went away around day 6 at which point my skin broke out with acne. I continued taking my seasonique birth control during this time. Finally, 16 days after the incident my period started. I took several pregnancy tests to make sure that I was not. Not sure how helpful the pill was in the long run, but it was a good lesson to really be diligent with your bc pills."

Izzy333 September 5, 2016

"Take the pill as soon as you can and don't stress! Trust me stress will only make it worse! I took the pill within 70 hours and I was a wreck ! The pill works . But it does have its side affects !! which can be a pain but it's better than having a baby your not ready for ! ❤️"

Amill September 3, 2016

"I had unprotected sex on August 10, also the last day of my period. He told me he pulled out but I wanted to just be on the safe side since I wasn't very safe with just word of mouth. Took the pill about 3 hours after the incident, and had no side effects. The only side effects were headaches, occasional cramps, and VERY SORE BOOBS about 2 weeks after taking, also had no spotting which worried me Bc seemed like everybody had that. Since my period wasn't due for another month, the waiting killed me. Last night I was cramping and woke up this morning to my period, 2 days early! Don't stress, as I did every night and day and didn't make the situation better. The pill WORKS."

Not stressed anymore! (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

"I read these reviews daily when I was stressed, so I thought I'd leave one.I had to take Plan B after a condom broke on Day 12 of my cycle (so I was fertile & close to ovulation). I took it 45 minutes after the incident, and had no symptoms for around a week. After a week, I started bleeding. more than spotting but less than my normal period. It lasted around 5/6 days. I also had severely sore breasts, on and off cramps. Around a week after that I also had a lot of discharge (clear). These symptoms lasted on and off until I got my period yesterday. MY PERIOD WAS 23 DAYS LATE. Don't absolutely freak like I did. I went to the doctors and took pregnancy tests and still wouldn't calm down. Try to relax this works! Symptoms suck but not prego!"

NotPregnantButOWWW (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016