User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"I wanted to come back after I knew if I was pregnant or not because heaven knows these reviews made me feel so much better and I want to provide someone with that same relief. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend super close to the time I ovulated, he pulled out when he came but went back in for a second round right after. I took the pill the next day about twelve hours after this occurred. My period tracker said my period was due in a week (sometimes it's a week off which is why I was nervous about the ovulating) and I ended up getting it three days later than anticipated. (Thirty minutes ago!) Trust you will be taken care of and things will work out okay, the pill definitely works for the vast majority, be hopeful!"

LizbitFZ March 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had sex last day of my period, no condom. Finished completely inside. Took plan be 6 hours after incident. Abdominal pain, depression, and extreme tiredness. I kid you not, I slept a full day and into the evening. This weight limit crap that has been surfacing the internet is the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. Seriously, the average weight of a woman in the US is about 150-160 pounds, you do the math. I'm about 170. Anyways, experienced heavy spotting a week after taking the pill for about 3 days. Honestly was heavy enough to be a short period. My period was scheduled to start March 15th. It's March 24th, and I finally started (which is right on time if you count the number of days since the induced period from the plan B)."

BVB10 March 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had sex with my partner and the condom broke. This was right before I was supposed to ovulate and I took Plan B the next day, probably 12 hours after what I have been referring to as "the incident". I experienced slight cramping and minimal, barely there abdominal pain the day after taking the pill, and was more emotional and felt fatigued. My period came 5 days earlier than expected (almost two weeks to the day of taking the pill), with more only slightly more painful than usual cramps and a lighter flow. I'm so thankful that it worked and I was able to avoid an unplanned pregnancy because of this condom malfunction."

Yoot Eros March 20, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Okay so I had unprotected sex about 3 days into my period, 12th of Feb and then my period completely stopped. I took plan b about 3 hours after having sex and experienced some spotting but no other symptoms really. I had protected sex three times during I was waiting for my period. My period came over a month later. So I'd say 15th of March about and it's lighter than what I thought it would be. So ladies try not to panic it does work although I'm going to carry condoms and sort out my contraception!"

Lia99 March 19, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was a day late starting my next pack of birth control and did not double up, and then was 6 hours late for that Friday's, had a condom break the next day and immediately ran to get Plan B. No side effects. As unlikely it was that I could be pregnant, I stressed MAJORLY. missed a pill a week before my period was due and begin to have brownish breakthrough bleeding. Google of course told me brown blood a week before you period is implantation bleeding. The breakthrough bleeding did not stop until the day before I got my period, and then I got my actual period on the expected day. Please please please don't obsessively use google, it will only worsen things. Just pray and don't worry yourself sick like me. Best wishes!"

Worrieddsick (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medication was always my go to when I had unprotected sex and it ALWAYS worked for me. Just always remember, the sooner you take it the better. I had unprotected sex, my boyfriend came inside me twice, and I bought the pill the following morning 12 hours after sex. This pill always works for me but side effects that I have experienced are lightheadedness, extreme hunger, and often, a late period. I know some of you worry and that's why you're here but honestly, with this pill, the chance of getting pregnant after taking this pill is slim ! Just let the pill do its thing!"

mx123 March 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have taken Plan B twice (not planing on taking it EVER again, got myself a prescription for regular BC now). Normally my boyfriend and I always use condoms but this time made a egregious error in the heat of the moment. I took Plan B the next morning and was freaking out for a month because I read SO many stories about women getting pregnant anyways. Well today I just got my period and let me tell you it is the happiest I have ever been to get cramps. The only side effect I experienced from Plan B was gas which was uncomfortable but not painful. Minimal side effects and extremely effective. If you need to take Plan B RELAX it really works!"

booboobear110193 March 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I wanted to write a review on this drug whether it worked or not. It worked as intended. On February, 18, the condom broke and he finished completely inside of me. On the 17th of February I had finished my period. So I was on the 5th day of my cycle. Within 10 minutes I took the pill and I was side effect free until the 24th of February when I got my period again. The cramps were worse than before and the bleeding was pretty heavy. My period ended on March 1, 2017. Three days later my breasts were super tender and I had horrible cramps. On the 13th of March 13, 2017 I got my period again. I took two pregnancy tests just to make sure and they were negative. Wanted to share my experience with everyone. Hope it helped."

polaris914 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hi! I know that if you are reading this probably you are scared ! That's normal I did it too! But don't worry girls, I had sex with my bf a month ago and the condom slipped and he came inside of me...I was taking birth control pills at the moment but I was still don't sure about it. So, I was super stressed out and crying. He bought the Plan B pill. I didn't have any symptom and my period came even days before expected. Just don't worry and relax! Try to take the pill the sooner you can and you're fine ;) Believe me, I know how stressed you can feel right now!"

mmv97 March 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Plan B really does work , it's a huge dose of hormones . Hospitals use this pill for rape traumas , it's effective if taken as directed . So take it within the 24-mark. The best advice is don't stress , don't surf the web looking for answers , I did and I was miserable for TWO MONTHS . I actually took two of these pills (which I do not suggest unless advised otherwise by a dr or pharmacist) I did because I was worried about me being 170 pounds it wouldn't work , I bled two weeks later. Took tests every week , all negative , took a blood test , negative , I got my period two months later . It will come , take precautions , don't worry (easier said than done ) and talk to a healthcare provider on what happened."

lemonade57 March 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Okay I promised myself that if it worked that I would post a review on here. My fiancé and I had unprotected sex and he came inside me so I took Plan B right after, like an hour. I have taken Plan B two other times when I got scared and it never failed. I'm not ready to have another kid, as we have a 4 year old. I realized after that I was mid ovulation that night and due any time. I'm irregular so I can't pinpoint. I read online that Plan B will not work during ovulation and it will actually increase my chances of getting pregnant. So I came here and most of you eased my mind! So here I am 2 weeks later and my period is right on time. I will gladly take the most painful period taen by pregnant at my wedding! It does work!"

Whoaitsjess March 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and to be on the safe side I took the pill right away. It said within 72 hours. Well long story short I ended up pregnant!"

Dreakl March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had sex Jan 27, condom slipped and I used spermicide, regardless I panicked and took Pill 10hrs later. I had no symptoms of anything, no cramps or mood changes. A week later I bled for 3 days nothing remarkable: so did my period came early; I didn't know if this was good or bad, as I had implantation bleeding with my first child. Anyway; I chalk it up to a successful EC as I started another period 36 days later (normally spot on 28 days) I took several test and worried the entire time. We have since thought of vasectomy and I am not having sex anytime soon (Came to find CVS had a 2 pack for the same price as one at Walgreens plan b)"

Dolphingurl March 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"He pulled out, but he cummed a bit in me. I took the Plan B 26 hours later, and took a pregnancy test two weeks later - - I'm pregnant."

Scared1993 March 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had sex with my boyfriend two times n he came in me fully. After 6 hours of physical contact went to Walgreens to buy the pill. Side effects are kinda irritating makes you a demon for a week. Right on spot after a week my period came. Now it's been a month later my period came again . Took three pregnancy tests definitely not pregnant. Worries a side, take it as soon as possible n you be alright!!!!"

Dontworrynrelax (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Ok so just like all you I took plan B. Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex a day after I finished my period. Not sure if he came in me or not I IMMEDIATLEY went to walgreens to buy plan b. The waiting game was hard. I spotted a week after taking plan b and my actual period was 3 days late. Here I am sitting here typing this with such great relief. Guys I thought I was pregnant. I had ALL these terrible symptoms and signs of pregnancy but guess what PLAN B DOES WORK. DO NOT BE PARANOID JUST GIVE IT SOME TIME. YOU WILL BE OK I PROMISE. I hope this gives you guys the relief and peace of mind. I felt like a zombie for almost a month because I was terrified. IT DOES WORK. Sending good vibes to whomever may need it. Ps. Don't think the worst"

Sunshinechild February 28, 2017

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Now I know a lot of women out there are scared. I was terrified that I was ever in the position where I had to buy myself this pill. Long story short, the day after I ended my period, I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom slipped. It was my first month off birth control so I was very nervous. I ended up taking the pill 4-6 hours after the incident. We did a lot of research on it and I experienced a few symptoms within the next couple days such as nausea, a little bit of cramping, and I had an induced period from the pill a week later. It was like a regular period except it last roughly four days(short for me). Then the waiting began. I had nearly forgotten about it until I realized it was a past my normal expected period date. I began to panic, even though off my regular pill my periods are irregular. I read too many message boards about taking plan B and still getting pregnant and I had a lot of cry sessions because the only person I could talk to was my boyfriend. I then realized I hadn't been counting from the induced period date and having a normal cycle after that period. I was right on the edge of it being seven days past what my new expected date was and I started to panic again. Let me tell you, it was the most welcomed pain in the world when I finally got it eight days past the expected date a month after the induced period. I had bad cramping for a week leading up to it and really painful cramps the day of. I think stress played a huge role in delaying my period also because I was thinking about it every second of every day. My advice is to try to relax, take a deep breathe, and let the medicine do its job. Please try not to put yourself in this position, it is not worth the stress if you aren't on birth control!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"There's a lot of talk that this pill is not as effective for larger ladies, so I want to make it clear that I am approximately 280 lbs. I had unprotected sex approximately 3 or 4 days after my menstrual cycle ended, so I was considered very fertile at the time, and I am a highly fertile person in general, my partner ejaculated inside of me. I went to the store and purchased a Plan B pill and took the pill approximately 35 - 40 minutes after sex. A few days later I started having pregnancy like symptoms, lots of gas, breast tenderness, mild nausea.. I was freaked out!! I got my period 2 weeks later (a week early for me).. THIS PILL WORKS! EVEN FOR PLUS SIZE LADIES!! Take it ASAP after sex, I'm going to buy one to have on hand for the future!"

XoMissLissXo February 24, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My fiancé and I have only ever used condoms as protection during sex. One afternoon, while we were intimate, the condom broke and neither of us realized it had happened until after the fact. As we are not in a position where we are ready for children, we turned to Plan B. I took a pill within an hour of the condom breaking; and being the nervous and paranoid mess that I was, I took a second at the 24 hour mark. As it was the second to last day of my period when we had sex, I wasn't sure how long it would be before I saw a sign that it had worked; but within a week I was bleeding again. After that, my cycle returned to normal. The only other side effect I experienced was severe fatigue; but that only lasted a week."

EARood (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was reading many reviews of this pill whilst being scared out of my mind. I'm sure many people reading this are in the same boat. I'd post on here and here I am. I had sex after realizing I missed pills in the third week of my previous pill packet. I missed 1 pill in week 3 and doubled up the next day but completely forgot and then had my usual 7 day break. I then started my next pack and on the evening of the first pill day I had unprotected sex. Only after 36 hours did I remember I had missed pills before my period and that it could lower my protection so I took plan b (Postinator-1 in New Zealand). I got my period a day later than normal (on 4th sugar pill not 3rd) and negative pregnancy test."

Anonymous February 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hey Ladies! (Or Gents) So I made the dumb decision to have sex with my ex-boyfriend but I at least had sense to use a condom. Only problem: the condom broke and he came inside of me. I took plan b within 30 minutes after the incident. I felt okay, but then I began to read online about all these weight constraints (if u weigh more than 176 lbs that the pill in ineffective) and I weight 186lbs. Being on the safe side I called my doctor and asked her about it. She said I would be fine and that the company says that to cover their ass. BUT then later that day when I used the bathroom, I noticed the other part of the condom with sperm fell out of me! I then took another plan b (directed by doctor) and waited. My period came 2 days before expected"

Anonymous February 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Relax, if your reading this! The pill worked after I bought it for my gf. She got her period on the expected day and may have been a day earlier honestly! I was on pins and needs for 2 weeks but it came! Thank to Lord and pray! The pill does wonders! Good luck!!!"

Me19 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had an accident Jan. 11th I believe I was ovulateing because it was 3 days after my period took plan the very next day within the 24 hour time frame. Experienced nausea and very light to very bad cramps for about 2 weeks when I started to to have very light brownish discharge on the third week it lasted about 5 days at first Ibthought it was implantation bleeding because I never got what I consider a" real period " all I had was brown discharge. About 2 weeks later I have taken about 3 pregnancy all negative I think all the stress I was experienced just caused me to not have a normal period. The pill has worked for me but I wouldn't want to go through this again getting on some type of birth control soon."

1234ab February 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Already posted about my side effects from the pill but that was before I got my period so I wanted to share the rest of my experience. Did not get my period until exactly 1 month after taking plan b. Had a terrible headache and nausea all day, which isn't a common PMS thing for me. It was 2 weeks late! I know it's hard but don't stress, it will do weird things to your body. Good luck!!"

Gbrheusngie (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So me and my boyfriend had sex, he thinks he ejaculated inside me so I took the plan b right away. The symptoms are terrible. I had lower abdominal pain, fatigue, dizziness nausea, I was so tired all I wanted to do was sleep. Today is February 11 2017 just one day after I took the pill. it's a great backup but to be honest I will never take it again. I experienced all of the symptoms at the same time. Not a great feeling."

adessa (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017