User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"Long story short, me and my bf made a mistake while I was on my period. We didn't want to risk it so I took plan B the following night. My period lasted an additional 10 days... I guess symptoms and their severity differs. I had non stop migraines and cramps during the 10 extra days. Felt nauseous, and started bursting into tears at odd moments. I felt depressed and my mood kept changing uncontrollably. I wasn't sure what was happening. My friend asked if I was pregnant (I'm not the pill worked) but looking deeper into the reviews and side effects... I wouldn't have taken it."

ReedLee Sarah July 26, 2016

"Guys!!! Calm down, my girlfriend and I made the dumb decision to not use protection, so I bought the pill immediately after intercourse. I pulled out but I wouldn't risk it THAT much. This was on July 5 and two days ago she got her period, and currently is. It might mess her cycle but remain calm. The best thing to do is to relax and just use it as an experience to get on better birth control. DONT LOOK AT REVIEWS AND PRAY!"

Boii July 26, 2016

"My boyfriend and I had sex 4 days after my period. It was protected sex but unfortunately the condom broke. He did not cum but I totally freaked out after I read about precum. I took plan b 20hr later and I started to bleed 6 day after. I had terrible back pain and became extremely bloated. My period was 11days late . Plan b worked ."

Kvngloki July 25, 2016

"I'm writing this because I haven't seen many reviews after the first cycle. My fiance and I had sex the day I ovulated and the condom slipped off without us knowing till it was too late. I waited about 24 hours because I didn't want the side effects to ruin the weekend, and it says you have up to 72 hours to take it. (Although the sooner the better it says) I took it at night with food and didn't have any side effects until about 4 days later. I had about 2 weeks of bad pms symptoms and fatigue, then I got a very heavy period. I am also over the weight limit at 175. About 23 days after that period started, I started spotting brown blood and have been doing that for almost a week and now the flow is heavier like a real period. It works."

Also not pregnant! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

"I had sex on the day of my ovulation. I took a plan b as instructed, no later then 8 hours. I am now 5weeks pregnant. I have done some research and I found that if you are ovulating it will only delay it. So the next three days the sperm can still get to the egg. I'm happy but I'm fortunate to be in a good place... Just be careful out there!"

I'mpreggos July 18, 2016

"I'm only 18 my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom completely broke. Definitely not ready to have a kid. I took the pill about 1 hour after the accident. I am over the weight limit for sure. I had awful awful stomach pains. Sharp pains. Cramps. Breast tenderness. I was so scared I was pregnant. I stressed for a while and waited for my period. It came! 1 day late!!! I read a ton of reviews because it helped me with the stress. and I never believed everyone when they said don't stress it will be okay. Especially since I'm over the wait limit. But the pill really does work! So thankful for this pill! Now I can go on stress free! I can't tell you to not stress because you will stress about it anyways. but everything will be okay! goodluck!!"

Anonymous July 16, 2016

"Had drunk unprotected sex with my boyfriend on July 3rd. Freaking out we drove to a walgreens and he bought me Plan B took it within 5 hours after intercourse. I did actually ovulate a couple days before having intercourse so I thought it wasn't going to work. The first couple nights I felt very fatigue, to be honest I was also very nauseous. After a week I developed sore breasts and mild cramping today July 16th I woke up with my period, thank god! Guys use protection always. If you can withstand a bit of nausea and fatigue this works wonders."

AlexisRusset July 16, 2016

"Chill guys! The condom broke the other night and I ended up big time inside her.i was freaked too but just got this so all should be OK . GL"

straightoutatrouble July 16, 2016

"me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on the last day of my period. I knew the chances of getting pregnant on the last day of your period are slim but I didn't want to take any chances. Therefore 30 minutes after I went ahead and bought plan B. The only side affect I experienced at first was a slim headache and it only lasted the first day. The pill also messed with my hormones and I had a huge break out on my face. The closer I got to my period I stated stressing more and the pill delayed my period by 6 days. So if you already took the pill and you're late don't worry it's the pill doing its job."

Camille123 July 15, 2016

"If you're reading this, it's most likely bc you're freaking out. You took it wanna know if it works or deciding if you should take it, so I'll share my story. Had my period 6/11, had sex 6/28. Realized the jerk had taken the condom off during some point of the intercourse once he "pulled out" and his business was all over me. The next day about 22 hours later, I took plan b. Felt NOTHING. No bleeding, no cramps. Kinda felt like my period was coming but it never did. 16 days later it finally came! Plan B works! Also as a tip, stay calm and if necessary try to induce your period."

Lala12 July 14, 2016

"This was first time taking plan b, I was very nervous. I only had a few side effects and I thought I should share. Week one: very emotional. Started crying on a plane for no reason. Week two: beard, noticed hair on my under chin. Week three: normal menstrual cycle. I highly recommend plan b"

T the bearded lady July 12, 2016

"I had unprotected sex on July 3rd and my partner and I used the pull out method. He didn't know if he pulled out quick enough so I knew I could be in deep trouble. I took plan b 16 hours after the incident. From my period tracker that I have on my phone I was said to be ovulating on that day. I have been worried sick ever since I took the pill because it's said not to work during ovulation/post ovulation. Fortunately, I got my period today, July 12th. It was a few days early so it did mess up my cycle a bit. I also had some side effects like cramping and fatigue. I am so relieved and I can say that this pill works for sure. Just try to calm yourself the best you can and wait for your period."

asdfgghjkl (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

"If you're worrying about if this drug works or not... RELAX. I was in the exact same boat as you! I was so stressed that it wasn't going to work but this pill is a life saver. With all of the stress I searched every single website I could find and still thought to myself that I was going to be one of the unlucky ones. I also thought that my period would be delayed due to stress and the pill but I was wrong. I didn't have any symptoms from it and my period came 2 days before it was expected. Just try to relax and let the pill do its job."

heffem15 July 12, 2016

"I had a condom break on June 30 and quickly took plan B within 2 hours of the accident. I was freaking out because I read that it doesn't work after ovulation and my last period was on June 10 and I am pretty sure I had already ovulated. On July 9 I took a pregnancy test because my period was a couple days late and it was negative and finally today July 11 I got my period this morning. So yes this does work even post ovulation. Some side effects I had were nausea, period like cramping, lots of white discharge, sore breasts,delayed period and fatigue. And now heavy heavy HEAVY period. Worth the side effects though."

Allykat9 July 12, 2016

"I took the day after pill and it did what it was supposed to, but i have had bad acne and didnt have my period for two months though i wasnt pregnant. One werid thing i did notice though is my mood stabilized until i started my period again."

Ashlee406 July 11, 2016

"I'm sharing my experience because my number one fear when taking the pill was the severity of the side effects everyone talks about. The way people have made it sound I would be sick all the time and I felt that was something to worry about with my busy life. Me and my bf had sex and didn't realize until it was over that it had broke. I took it maybe an hour after it happened and received light bleeding for no more than two days and then recieved my period ON TIME two weeks later. I'm sure I had symptoms but to put it in perspective I didn't have anything that felt out of the ordinary from an occasional headache or diarrhea from eating something bad and I'm not even sure those even correlated with the pill."

Mrit (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

"Hey everyone! So i had sex and the condom happened to break! I was near my ovulation time. I took Plan B maybe 30 min to an hour after it happened. The next day I felt super nauseous. I worried myself to Death looking at reviews. But please just relax!!!! Reviews will just worry you and make things worse! I ended up getting my period on time, but it came 2 days early. I had brown spotting a few days prior to getting my period. My breasts were SOOOOOOOO sore. But hey I'm not pregnant! And I'm getting on birth control this month. I wish the best of luck to all of you! And please be safe! I know a friend who took plan B and it didn't work :("

Loving life rn July 8, 2016

"so my boyfriend and I had sex, the condom broke, and we didn't realize until after he had finished inside of me (mega bummer). I took the plan b pill probably 30-45 minutes after we realized what had happened. the side effects hit HARD starting the same day. nausea, lower back pain, sore boobs, absolutely killer cramps, headache, fatigue, the whole thing. it made me feel like I was actually dying, but then 5 days later I got my period. it's super heavy flow and I have the worst cramps I've ever had, but I'm assuming this means I'm not pregnant. rather the side effects than a child :-)"

freakin spooked July 7, 2016

"Hello all! I didn't see enough ovulation plan b stories, so I thought I would share my experience. After the deed was done, I noticed the condom was broken, I checked to see if I was ovulating (which I was). I got upset and made my boyfriend drive to the nearest pharmacy and pick up plan b. I took it within 2 hours of the condom breaking. It thickened my cervical mucous and kind of expelled the left over semen. The next 2 weeks was filled with cramping, nausea, headaches, breast tenderness and anxiety. The cramps felt like implantation cramps (one side and sharp). Also turned out to be NOT PREGNANT :)"

Ceecee6547 July 7, 2016

"If you're a teen like me and you were bein stupid and didn't use protection you're probably terrified. I was too. Plan b works 100%. Don't stress it. You will get your period. Stressing with make it late. I took plan b an hour after the occurance and got my period 9 days later. Use protection. Be careful but if you're not. This is a great back up plan for a mistake. You'll be okay. Take it with ginger ale though because it makes you have a bad tummy ache. Better than being pregnant."

Anonymous July 6, 2016

"I took this 2 hours after the condom broke, I got my period only 1 day late. I'm very happy with this product. the first few days I was drowsy and bloated but it got better."

Anonymous July 5, 2016

"Hi everyone! So I had my period on June 6th and the very last day my boyfriend and I had sex with a condom and some how we both finished without realizing that the condom slipped off into me. And my boyfriend wasn't sure if he came inside me or not and I didn't see any cum. This was about midnight when it happened and I will as freaking out. The next morning I went to CVS bought it for $53. Ate something then took the pill 8am. (8 hours after the incident) I felt so tired the first week that all I did was want to sleep. Then the following weeks I would feel nauseous and had stomach aches. To me I rather have all that then get pregnant. So I'm on birth control pills so i continued to take them then on July 4th I got my period! stay positive! xo"

xodomixo July 5, 2016

"I am 16. It was on June 29th when this happened. Me and this guy were making out when we decided to take our clothes off and not have sex but just touch skin on skin and while we were doing this he pushed me off and told me he had come and I was totally freaking out. The next morning (within 12 hours) I bought plan b and took it. The only symptom I received was nausea and a little cramping. I read reviews online most saying it works and others were stating it didn't work but it is now July 4th and I got my period. I am thankful and relieved. If you are in a situation like me don't stress the chance of getting pregnant is so small I only took it to be safe bc well im Only 16. I hope this review helps. :)"

Happygirl3213 July 4, 2016

"Ok so I was active on 5/20 and wasn't sure if he ejaculated inside of me so I took plan b a few hours later just in case. I'm writing this because I think my story is alittle different than most. I didn't know what to expect so I read some reviews and expected nausea and visiting and to get my period a few days later. But because the last day of my period was just the day before I took the pill, I didn't get my period until TWO weeks after taking the pill. I also didn't have many side effects. I was bloated and alittle moody, also, my discharge became inconsistent and was more watery. Then when I got my period, it looked more mucusy. Sorry for the visuals, it's just that usually these aren't very specific. Point is, it works!! Don't stress"

Cheese123 July 4, 2016

"To cut the story short got sex with my husband on my fertile day (14th day) most fertile period, so worried that I might get pregnant took the pill 14 hrs later. Feel nauseated, tender breast and severe headache but luckily after a week have my period now."

vc02052016 July 3, 2016