User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"I had unprotected sex for literally 5 mins and I wanted to stop cause it didn't feel right, took plan b pill literally 12-15 hours later and I still got pregnant! Not to mention, the side effects are HORRIBLE. Felt dizzy, nauseous, and extremely tired for a few days. Pill doesn't always work, cause I still got pregnant!"

Lululeee July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had unprotected sex which was so so stupid, and didn't even think about taking any emergency contraception until a good 36 hours later. Another addition to the mess was I'm almost 100% sure that I was ovulating and I read that your odd's of success go down if you're ovulating. The symptoms mimic pregnancy which makes sense because it tricks your body into thinking that you're already pregnant so don't freak out over those. I took mass doses of vitamin c everyday (about 4,000 mg) because it helps you get your period, just don't get vitamin c with additives like rose hips, just straight ascorbic acid. Anyways I got my period today so it worked! Don't stress too much and good luck!"

Notpregnant (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Give it faith it really works. Had unprotected sex June 12th plan B 11 hours later. Took 2 pregnancy test ( different times over the course of the month) both negative excepted my period a month later July 10 my period never came. Took another test it was negative but still no period. 9 days later July 19 got my period! Give it time!! It really does work!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This worked completely for me! I took plan b 2 hours after the accident happened. I personally did not experience any side effects. A couple of weeks later I received my period and it was completely normal. The only complaint I have is the price for such a tiny pill."

AriH July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was still nursing my 11 month old when my husband and I had unprotected sex (normally he pulls out, however this time, didn't). I checked my ovulation app to see what phase of my cycle I was in and it was close to ovulation, so I took Plan B about 18 hours later. I had no side effects or adverse reactions. Now 3 weeks later and I have taken two positive pregnancy tests. We obviously should have been more careful, as we weren't prepared to have another child so close in age to our first. Please be aware that this is not 100% effective."

Kb05092015 July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Like many of you, I COULD NOT STAY OFF THE INTERNET AND MAKING MYSELF SICK WITH WORRY. My experience didn't sound like the typical "spotted a week later" story, so to ease the minds of others out there, here it is: My last menstrual period began June 8th. On the 27th day of my cycle, I had unprotected sex. I freak and get the pill about 35hrs after the fact, because my periods are irregular and I don't track. No adverse reactions except maybe a breakout. A week passes and I start having odd cramping and bloating. Not a drop of blood. Over a week, the cramps turn into more like PMS cramps and I have my period 13 days after taking Plan B. That's also about how many pregnancy tests I took. HAPPY ENDING."

:) (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I promised that I would share my testimony with others if the pill worked, and so here I am! Guys, let me just say that this is my second time taking an ECP (the first time using the generic brand "take action"), but this time I used Plan B. I was intimate only July 1st (which according to my period app, I was not ovulating and had most likely ovulated June 27th) however, you can never be too sure as period apps are not always THAT accurate. Anyways, I was intimate July 1st and my bf swears that he did not ejaculate in me, but you always have to worry about precum as well..so in a panic, I took Plan B the next day about 16 hours later. Needless to say, the pill worked! My period came on today..two days late! Just pray and try not to worry!"

don't want to share my name July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used PlanB July 1st the the condom broke.Sperm was involved when the condom broke. So I went to the 24 hour pharmacy and got the brand PlanB pill. I took within 40 minutes after the incident. After taking that morning my stomach start tightening like a contraction. A week later I felt a little sick to stomach. I had cramping like my cycle was about to start. My cycle started on time like it was suppose to. I took pregnancy test 13 days after incident and test is negative. On the day when incident happened I when to dollar tree and took a ovulation test to make sure I wasn't ovulating that day. And I wasn't ovulating when it happened.So probably worked but the key thing was I not ovulating so I couldn't get pregnant in the first place."

Ckkkkkkk July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had sex on June 24 He came inside of me at least a little bit, I'm not on the pill and he wasn't wearing a condom (obviously) we soon realised the mistake we had made and so 12 hours later (June 25) I took "the morning after pill" for the first 5 days I had no symptoms at all then on day 6 I had spotting then all of a sudden I started bleeding really heavy I wasn't sure if it was my period because it was 2 weeks early. I've since found out that it wasn't my period it was just the effects of the pill. I started freaking out that my period wasn't coming and I started feeling sick in the mornings, sore breasts, lethargic, headaches, tiredness, took a test and it was negative!! It works don't stress!!!!! The Dr assured me its from the plan b"

Shannnon14566666 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Well I'm taking the time outta my day to ease the minds of all the people that stumble across this post. Well lets get right into it. There was this instance that happened 2 days after my period (May 30th), on day 8 of my cycle. After looking at every store that had a self checkout we finally came across target! I took the pill about 2 hours after the incident. About a day after I had some cramping but nothing terrible. 4 days after taking the pill I had heavy bleeding for a few days. I still had a ways to go before my period came again (June 24th). Took a pregnancy test on June 27th, negative. So on July 7th, 2 weeks late on my period, took another pregnancy test also negative. Later that night it finally came. The pill seems to work even if it does push your periodback"

kelsely July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If you are reading this and are currently freaking out, please stop! I was in your same position. I had sex with my boyfriend on June 26, and the condom broke. Immediately after, I drove to the store and bought Plan B. I took it within the hour. Over the next couple of days, I experienced mild cramps and a little dizziness, but other than that, I felt completely fine. I began to wonder if the pill didn't work because I wasn't having any other side effects. Today is July 8 and I got my period, only 2 days late! I know you're reading all of these reviews and hoping to make everything okay, but I promise you that the pill WORKS. Don't stress out. Just be patient and give it time!"

kissesfrommcami (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This product works wonders. Had unprotected sex after I had missed a few of my birth control pills. My period arrived at its usual time of the month, and it was not a heavier or lighter flow than usual...just normal. I did experience some bad pains and nausea in my stomach for about 6 hours after taking the pill. I also threw up two days later out of no where. Other than that, it did what it's supposed to do."

T5K3 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

" On May 18th this guy came completely inside of me and he wasn't wearing a condom/I wasn't on birth control. Around 5 hours later I took plan B. On May 22nd I got my "period" which I later learned was withdrawal bleeding but anyways it was really heavy for a few days and then got progressively lighter. I had spotting for about a week and a half after the heavy days which has never happened to me but I read the pill can make your cycle irregular so I didn't worry too much about it. Around 11 days after the 'act' I took a test and it was negative. I waited a week and took another test (so 18 days after the 'act') and it was negative! Not pregnant!! Yay!!"

Anonymous July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was terrified. I had Every symptom it had to throw at me. If you're worried about taking Plan B during ovulation, or if you're worried its not going to work. Calm down. I was in the same predicament just a little over a week before I got my period. I had unprotected sex. He came in me and then we had unprotected sex again right after that. About an hour later we ran to the store and got Plan B. I was so scared cause I had not been on any kind of birth control. I had nausea, throwing up, bloated. headaches, fatigue, dizziness, ect. As I waited for my period it was stressful. 12 days later I got it. Calm down don't stress. Plan B works! the wait for your period is stressful, but you just have to be patient. I went thru 5 test.. all negative"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"You're here b/c your freaking out.. you messed up and think your screwed. You took plan b, but you're questioning everything happening to your body. I know b/c that was me just a day ago and a whole three weeks before. I read all these reviews too. I was relieved by all the positive feedback but so mortified by the occasional bad one. I had sex June 12, while I was ovulating, and the condom broke & he came in me (worst case scenario). I took plan b within an hour. Luckily my period came today, July 3, a week late. It was the longest wait of my life, as I had many signs of pregnancy, which is common!! My advice is stay busy, trust the process & stop researching. It's 95% effective, the 5% is just so that one girl who threw it up doesn't sue lol"

anonymousxoxoxoxox July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and although he pulled out, I wanted to be careful so I took Plan B about 8 hours later. I felt fine after taking it but did get a little nauseous about 10 hours later. Happy to report my period came yesterday which is a week earlier than normal. It is a lot heavier than my normal one though. I couldn't be more relieved. It's a scary process to go through, but go about your days normally and don't stress about it."

ClaireW July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Like many other on here, before I went to go get plan b I said that I would write a review when I get my period. First, let me say, STOP READING SO MUCH - AND CALM DOWN. IT WORKS!!!! take it as soon as possible. Let me explain my situation, boyfriend wanted to see me, I kinda knew I was ovulating or in my fertile window at least because those online trackers aren't accurate, anyways. It said I was ovulating that day, and I had unprotected sex-but- my boyfriend did not cum inside of me. So of course, after I got home, I was up all night long googling and reading and made myself sick over it. So girls (or guys) please don't sweat it. I got my period a day early. I took it 14 hours after I had sex. Take it asap and calm down. Everything will be ok"

Iusedplanb July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The last day of my period was on the 2nd and had unprotected sex( wasn't thinking) on the 4th of June, took plan b the next day after 17 hours. One week later my nipples and breast started hurting like crazy and I spotting a little , started to feel nauseous ( didn't need a pad ) got scared about my period and did some research I started drinking parsley tea on the of 25 of June and was expecting my period on the 30th of June. Drink the parsley tea three times a day and on the 27 I got my period. Parsley tea also helped a little with the cramps. But please don't drink parley tea If you are pregnant cause it can lead to a miscarriage. That's my experience. Please feel free to ask any question. I know the stress"

Alwayshappy (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A really good friend of mine and I hooked up one morning and accidentally finished without pulling out. I took Plan b about 45 minutes later. That was May 3 and I am now 7 weeks pregnant... Plan b does NOT work so don't waste your money! Stick to the old reliable condom "

Amber Leah June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

" On April 29 I had unprotected sex , my partner and I were both really drunk and I wasn't sure if he pulled out in time I took plan b on May 1, then I had spotting May 11 but missed my period for about 7 weeks. I actually thought I was pregnant I took about 6 pregnancy test they all came back negative but I was still really scared today June 23 my period came and I couldn't be any happier I know it's hard but just relax ladies this pill really does work"

Cindyy123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had 6 instances of unprotected sex where he finished inside of me towards the tail end of period and days leading up to ovulation. Took Plan B on day 10 of my cycle. One week after taking Plan B I felt very emotional, angry, bloated etc from the hormones. After one week I started spotting a very dark brown that lasted a few days. A few days later my period came a week earlier than usual and it's been extremely heavy. Thankful it worked!"

Yeesh23 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 19. My boyfriend and were having unprotected sex and he finished inside me. I was very upset considering the fact he swore to me he would pull out on time. He quickly went to the store and bought me the pill. I took the pill not more than an hour of the accident. I was late for my period and was sure I was pregnant because I was throwing up. But thankfully my period came and I know I'm not pregnant! Trust me I know how stressful it is waiting for your period but it will come! Plan b does work and has not failed me the two times I have used it."

Ana17 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm just going to start by saying that I was one of those people who promised that I would do review if this worked. Fortunately for me, it did. Me and this chick I was seeing decided to hook up one day (May 9th) and we had unprotected sex (DUMB), I can honestly say that I didn't finish inside of her but I know there is ALWAYS a possibility of pregnancy with unprotected sex. So I went to the pharmacy store (May 10th) the next morning and got her plan B within 20 hrs. After 8 dreaded long days of waiting she finally had her period (May 17th). Guys, use protection. It only takes a second to put on a condom, it takes a lifetime to raise a child. All I can say is relax and let the pill do what it's supposed to, and hope for the best."

Lucky217685 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I promise to write about this if it work Girls I know you are worried, I swear I was like that when my bf ejaculated in me. At first I thought this pill work all year around so I allowed him but I later read that if you ovulated, it might not work so I was freaking out for months and I went through like 20+ pregnancy tests. I took plan b in February and now it's July so I can say this pill works. It does made me have PMS/pregnancy symptoms, I was spotting and my period was light. That alone made me wonder is this was implanation bleeding, luckily it's not. For me, it affected my period for so many months, it was much lighter and shorter before. Again I recommend this for emergency only. I now practice NFP or natural family planning."

Intheflowbaby June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello ladies! As like everyone else I'm here to share my story to help ease some minds. I had unprotected sex on June 11 at about 4 or 5 in the morning. I took the pill on June 12 at approximately 11:30am, so a little over 24 hours but under 48. I had no symptoms at all, absolutely nothing. No bloating, spotting or stomach cramps. I was supposed to start my period on June 19. (Keep in mind I track my period so I wasn't ovulating or supposedly fertile at the time we had sex). Here I am on June 20th writing this review because I just Started my period earlier in the day, my period was only a day late. Plan B does it's job. Try not to stress because stressing does no good. Good luck everyone ❤️"

Justagaltryingtohelp (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017