User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"I was honestly freaking out because I had sex 2 days before my period was due and we used a condom but he didn't tell me that it broke until I bothered him about it afterwards, I took plan b within that hour and then I missed my period...but it is now 4 days later and I have started my cycle and I'm so relieved. Thanks to everyone's good comments about plan B. It really relieved some stress."

Anonymous May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hello all! I am sharing this because I want to reassure everyone that this drug does its job extremely well. I recently had gone off the pill and hadn't had sex in a month due to me and my long term partner being split. We decided to get back together and have sex, however, it was unprotected and his sperm did go inside of me. I am almost positive I was on my most fertile day but here I am, 12 days later after taking the Plan B and I am not pregnant. I took it within two hours after having unprotected sex. I had lots of breast tenderness and swelling, mood swings, and right now I am experiencing heavy cramps. But I do want to ease people's minds that this medicine is highly effective and it has relieved me because I am not ready for a bab"

kittykat12345 May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have taken plan b 3x this year so far, Feb-April, 1 each month (I know I'm stupid for not using protection) BUT it has worked every time!! I don't recommend taking it more than 2x in such a close timing as in doses because it DOES mess up your cycle. I took plan b in April and I have yet to have a period but I am not pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Ok, look. If anybody is a pessimistic, anxious out of his mind stressed out person. It's me. I'm the guy in the situation, me and my girlfriend were having unprotected sex and using the pull out method (DUMB) and I wasn't sure if I pulled out in time, anyways we were already in a car so I just hopped in the front and drove to a Walgreens and got plan b. It was within 30 minutes or so, and she took and and that same day she had the most demonic mood swings you could ever imagine. Every little thing would put me on edge, cause funny enough plan b symptoms are identical to pregnancy symptoms, so it's pretty nerve wrecking for obvious reasons. Anyways she got the short period then the normal one, took test and all negative. Just relax and have faith"

Guy in the clear (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It worked perfectly . Recommend !"

Greatproducttt May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"In a nutshell, March 2017, I had a normal period; had intercourse with my husband around the end of March and took a Plan B the next morning. Within about 5 days I had another heavy period that lasted around 5 days. I figured this was due to the Plan B. A week later I took another Plan B around 10 hours after intercourse which caused me to have another 5 day long heavy period. This means in April I had what I thought was two heavy 5-6 day long periods. However, it is now the middle of May and I found out I am pregnant. According to my doctor I am around 7.5 weeks along which means I got pregnant during the first Plan B attempt. I don't understand how I had three full length heavy periods but I am still pregnant??"

Plan B did not work for me. May 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Thank you Plan B! on May 5th (Friday) I had intercourse with my boyfriend and he finished inside of me! a complete mess! I was sure I would of gotten pregnant off of that! I freaked out and ran to pharmacy and took the pill within 1 hour. On Sunday May 7th the same thing happen again! (I know I know shame on me!) but once again he slipped up and I took the pill within 1 hour again, I had no side effects expect tiredness and today I got my period May 12th! Thank god! I know plan b works because obviously I got my period so I'm not pregnant but I also know I'm very fertile so that fact that I'm very fertile and considering my boyfriend came inside of me and I didn't get pregnant thanks to Plan b that's a true miracle!"

Allison Kelley (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"hi guys, so I had sex May 5th around 1:00am( unprotected) and he used the pull out method, guys its really dumb and the stress isn't worth it- use protection, precum can get you pregnant! I freaked out because I realized I was ovulating, and bought plan b about 15 hours later. I was in a rush and took it with soda (it doesn't effect it) I got my period right on time, but those 6 days were torture, use protection to save sleepless nights, don't over research because you will convince yourself you're pregnant, it works guys"

kallyyyy May 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Just sharing to help a gal out. The bottom line: not pregnant. I had intercourse on April 16th, the condom slipped but it happened before he finished, we stopped right away anyways because that was our only birth control option. I took the pill anyways on the 17th, 12 hours after. No side effects. I started spotting on the 22nd and it lasted till May 4th. I knew it wasn't my period because the flow was a lot lighter but it was darker in color. On May 5th I took a pregnancy test b/c at this point I was already 5 days late on my expected period. The test came negative and on that same day I started to bleed again, this time it seems to be my normal period. I may take another test just to be sure. This was a wake up call. Good luck ladies!"

thegirlyscientist May 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"About a month ago me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. We are only 19 and not ready to be parents so I did some research and found plan b as an option. Still I was scared because it was only our first time... I bought it that same day about 5 hours later I took it. I really thought it wasn't going to work, and about a week later I started feeling like crap. I started spotting, I felt bloated along with being gassy, breast tenderness, cramps, headaches and nausea. I was freaking out when I saw all of those were signs of pregnancy. I was sooo stressed but then my period came. So DO NOT STRESS or look up anything to freak you out! It's not worth all of it.. let God do his job and you'll be fine.."

Plan B (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"46 hrs after unprotected sex that occurred on day 14 of a 28-30 day cycle. It was within the ovulation window and the "pull out" method was used. Had what looked like implantation spotting day 10 and a period 15days post, it lasted about a wk, heavy w clotting. It is now 6 wks after.. I did not end up pregnant! I did on the other hand have pretty intense side effects. First 24hrs; very fatigued, depressed mood, very painful lower abdominal area, and vaginal discharge from clear to creamy, yellow and burned. 2 wks after still had lower and pain and burning. Got tested, no infections. I had 3 ovarian cysts, and vaginal burning for 6 wks w no explanation other than it being from taking plan b. Emotional well being is altered as hormone levels adjust back."

Emergency situations only! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I promised myself (like many others) that if this worked I would write a review just because I know how scary it is! Honestly, I would not worry at all:) Had unprotected sex (not on birth control) and he pulled out. I was still super scared (because I realized I was ovulating) and so I bought and took plan b within 2 hours of unprotected sex. This was on a Sunday. The following Tuesday I went and started birth control, which made things even more terrifying because it completely messed up when I was supposed to start my period. The weeks of waiting for my period were absolute hell, and trust me when I say things will be okay! This really does work! I got my period right on time during the second sugar pill! Ladies do not worry !"

Maddy3432 May 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My boyfriend and I had sex during my mostly fertile period. The condom broke and he came inside me. We freaked out and went to buy the pill plan b within 30 minutes after having sex. I don't want to say that it works all the time but it worked for me. I took plan b and the next Sunday I had a "fake period" with brownie discharge. I guess that is was the pill working messing with my body. My period came one month late and I took two pregnancy test just to make sure that I was not pregnant. Please girls I know it's hard, but don't stress yourself and keep calm, if you do it right plan b should work. Try not to freak out and be patient! Everything will be fine!"

Anonymous131 April 28, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I promised if it worked I'd write a review. I took plan b after me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex he said he pulled out but I needed to be sure. I took it maybe a week and a half before my period was scheduled that whole week I was scared and praying to see my period and it came on right on time. My period lasted about 2 and a half weeks. While I had all the symptoms of being pregnant I was scared and convinced that it didn't work. I soon after went and took a pregnancy test I took two actually and they both said I wasn't pregnant. So I took that and ran with it. I took another one a week later just bc I was still scared that came back negative. Don't stress yourself out like I did.. it does work. Wish u the best."

Anonymous1234099 April 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"If plan B worked for people it's because they were not meant to be pregnant in the first place. I took plan B within one hour and it failed. The condom slipped off but he mostly ejaculated in the condom. I was sure I had some sperm left around my vaginal walls so I took plan b. I suffered the worst abdominal cramps and it did nothing to prevent pregnancy."

DO NOT recommend April 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"At first I was really curious about taking it because I was way over the the weight limit (235) to be exact. But it worked I was really worried I cramped really bad like my first pregnancy so of course I thought it didn't work but I wanted to wait to see if I got my period and I did. Great product if you need back up 5 thumbs up"

Tessa kay April 25, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This was such a never wracking experience . I'm 18 and the guy I was with was 21 ...We decided to have sex however I consented to "PROTECTED SEX". After we're done . I realized there was nothing in the condom and I asked him why . He tells me that in the middle of sex he took it off because I would squirm around and he couldn't get it all the way in so he finished in me ... long story short I went the next day I bought something similar to plan b (same ingredients) however my period did not come ... on time !!! It came on 2 weeks later than usual ... IT WORKS !!! I'm 5"8 210 pounds ... DONT WORRY LADIES IT WORKS !!!"

Aloni April 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I said if I dodged the pregnancy bullet I'd write this review because I stressed out for merely four days with panic attacks because I wasn't mentally nor financially stable to have kid and the fact that we neglected to use protection made my anxiety sky rocket. He didn't have a condom so he decided to bite the bullet and just acquire a plan b! I thank sweet baby Jesus that it worked, but I highly recommend using protection because the stress is unbelievable. I got my period which is really untimely a few days early and I took a pregnancy test that gave me a negative and the side effects were barely there. I testify to this effectiveness. I'm just happy I'm not going to have a kid."

Green183y3i4y2uu1 April 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have taken plan b multiple times and for the most part it worked. However the last time I took it I started what I thought was my period and went to go have a surgery. They tested me and found out I was pregnant. Moral of the story is even if you think you got your "period" take a test to be safe."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was in the same spot you are at this exact moment about 2 weeks ago . Just know everything is going to be okay & Plan B does work ! I have an irregular period which made tracking the effectiveness really complicated . I was supposed to get my period close to the day me and my BF had sex . I think I was already a few days late , which is normal for me since I'm always late.One thing led to the other & somehow the condom managed to stay inside of me.So my BF took the condom out & obviously I panicked right away because something like this had never happened . The next morning my BF got me the pill . My period didn't come until about a week and a half after taking the pill . Mind you I was already late when we had intercourse . You are ok!"

flower-child333 April 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had sex on the first day of the month. After we had finished he had told me the condom broke and he had finished inside me. I was not on any form of birth control at the time. Immediately our first thought was plan b. I took plan b about two and half hours after I had sex. The pill was very strong and left my system messed up but to think positively I kept telling myself, " it's because the pill is working". 6 days after taking plan b I got my period, it was a huge relief. Try and focus on something else other than this, and do not worry until you know you need it. This pill is very affective."

k200 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I told myself if the pill worked for me I would write a review to settle someone else's worries. I am 19 years old and my boyfriend and I were having unprotected sex, he did not ejaculate in me but I took the pill just in case. A week later me and my boyfriend had sex with a condom and it completely broke and he ejaculated in me while I was ovulating. I took the pill twice within two weeks and I freaked out until I got my period. I wasn't eating or sleeping or doing well in college, then my period came right on schedule. To any girls reading this who are losing their mind, relax. The pill was created and works for a reason."

No Worries April 12, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My boyfriend and I were having protected sex, the condom ripped and I sent him to the drugstore after a minor freak out because we are no where near ready for children. I am on birth control but missed my pill that day so I took plan B just incase. I took it within 2 hours post unprotected sex. The side effects I experienced were cravings, discharge, fatigue, cramps and mood swings. I looked at reviews for hours and hours, and was confused because the side effects for periods and early pregnancy are very similar, which was scary to read while so stressed. The wait for your period is the most killer part of all, mine came 3 days late but its here!!! Trust me ladies you will be fine."

stressedasf (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Normally I do not share my reviews but this contraption has done me so good that I felt obligated to let others know my experience. First off, THIS DOES WORK. A month ago I had sex with my boyfriend the last day of my period, the condom broke, and he came all through me... and I mean it was a lot. Right away we went and bought Plan B and I took it within 30 minutes after that incident. I was so worried but luckily a month later today, I got my period. This was my second time taking Plan B and it was just as effective. Remember to take it ASAP and not to worry, just BE PATIENT! IT WORKS!"

bmh468298 April 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm not sure if I exactly needed Plan B, but I stressed after reading forums about pre cum having sperm in it, so I bought it and took it 27 hours after the unprotected sex. I was so worried but once I got my period I thought that I probably had nothing to worry about in my situation. So I'm writing this review to share my symptoms to those who like me were worried I didn't get many of the symptoms. So my symptoms started about the next day after taking Plan B. I was bloated, and I felt a pain near my left ovary, cramping, and breast tenderness. I did not spot up until my period came which was a little under 2 weeks since taking the pill. I hope this helps you in your quest to see if you could be pregnant."

Figigirl2010 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017