User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"I've taken plan B in the past. Always worked! Minimal side effects . Well not this time. I had unprotected sex and the guy ejeculated in me. I was on the pill but wasn't taking it at the same time everyday. I took the plan be 24 hours after sex. The first 6 days I experienced a DRASTIC change in my emotional state. I felt sad and depressed every day! It was hard to be my usual cheery self! If felt like a cloud over my head that I couldn't get rid of. By the 7th day.I woke up to pain in my lower stomach and cramping in my back . I wanted to vomit and did several times with hot flashes and chills right after. Soon after my period started but the cramps and sick feeling did not go away! I was in bed all day. It works but can make you sick !!"

sharberry (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

"It works"

Yhhgfvh (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2017

"1/10/2017 I was ovulating. The sexual relations occurred that day. Plan b was taken 1/11/2017 around 6pm. On 1/21/2017 I got a positive pregnancy test. Plan b was not effective for me when taken during ovulation. If you are ovulating or near ovulation it is best to reframe from sex, get on birth control, use condoms, or any other birth control measure that would result in not getting pregnant. Placing your future in the hands of a pharmaceutical product is absolutely silly."

First Pregnancy January 21, 2017

"I'm 18 and I use the nuva ring to help my periods be more regular. Nuva ring is also what I use as birth control. My boyfriend and I had sex three times in the last 10 days (don't judge us that's actually really abnormal for us) and I realized I didn't have my nuva ring in for those last 10 days. Even though he was really good about pulling out every time, I immediately had a panic attack.So I got the pill and I just took it. Hoping the side effects won't be too bad/obvious to my parents. God, I really can't be pregnant right now."

37 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2017

"Girlfriend and I had a condom break on us. Clearly we panicked and ran to the drug store to get a plan b pill. after her period being late over a week we became worried but sure enough it came and everything was fine. Don't worry! It works!"

Anonymous January 20, 2017

"I had unprotected sex the day after my period ended (12/07/16) and took not one, but two Plan B pills to ensure that I was safe. I then bled from 12/15-12/18. Today is 1/19/16 and I haven't started my period since then. I have taken three pregnancy tests, all negative. The pill has prevented pregnancy but definitely destroys your cycle."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

" I had unprotected sex and my partner did not pull out in time. I wasn't on birth control and it had been 3 days after my period ended. I took the pill about 2 hours after and panicked for a whole month. The side effects definitely got to me, I was nauseous for four days and experienced dizziness as well and lost my appetite. I thought I was pregnant for sure. Even though my period was a day late, it still arrived therefore the pill worked!! Worth the money."

Kelsey893 January 16, 2017

"ITS OKAY. Tuesday last week (1/10/17) the starting of the END of my period and my boyfriend & I had an accident, another story of how the condom broke, he was worrying so much and looking up things on Google and so was I (I was mainly looking at these reviews because a lot of you ladies helped me to stay calm and that it would be OK) I would stray away from Google because you don't know what to believe!!! Anyway, we were both on edge until TODAY 1/15/17 I felt my lower back go into pain mode and I went to the bathroom and surely enough, MY PERIOD STARTED AGAIN! I cannot express how grateful I am for Plan B and for another chance. I'm going to go get on Birth Control sometime this week. If you aren't on it, please get on it & be SAFE!"

(taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

"Took after 10 hours after condom mishap.... didn't work."

Abc1235 January 14, 2017

"I took this pill back in October 2016. This pill was horrible. I had my period for 3 months straight because of this pill my doctor had to put me on birth control to stop the bleeding and the discharge. Horrible"

snowwwww January 13, 2017

"I had unprotected sex on Sunday 8 and my boyfriend did cum in me so we went out and got the plan b pill the next day (Monday 9). I felt fine the first two hours but bad cramps and nausea kicked in and hasn't left so far up to Wednesday 11. Hoping this pill works."

Anon1458 January 12, 2017

"I had an horrible experience with this pill. My now husband and I have been together going on 7 years this Aug 2017. While we were dating. We did slip one time during Thanksgiving 2010. Thankfully CVS/Walgreens was open for us to go get the pill. I wasn't ready to be a mama and he just had his 3rd child in Jan. that same year. This pill is crap!!! Two weeks after I took the pill I had a extremely heavy cycle... To the point that I had to go home from work... Was unable to walk or anything.. And that was the last time I ever had a cycle... Jan. 2, 2017... I finally started to get a cycle... After almost 7 years without one... I have spoken to doctors about it and they didn't know what was wrong.. Please be careful with this pill..."

UnknownAuthor (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

"I'm writing this to calm the nerves of the constant Internet searches during this uncertainty period between taking plan B and waiting for your period. I had sex a day before my ovulation day, the condom broke and we didn't realize till he finished. I started freaking out since I knew that plan B worked by delaying ovulation, though my calendar said I would ovulate the next day it wasn't 100% certain that I was already ovulating or finished ovulating. I took plan B an hour after intercourse and asked the pharmacists if it would work during ovulation and the pharmacist told me that it is recommended at any time of the cycle. I experienced headache, bloating, nausea, breast tenderness/swelling and pre ovulation discharge till I got my period!"

AuntFlow19 January 7, 2017

"My intention is not to freak anyone out, but just to encourage people to discuss the possibility of conception, even with emergency contraception. Is Plan B effective? Yes. Is it 100% effective? NO! So please consider the possibility instead of listening to someone on the internet who tells you not to worry, and that this pill works without a doubt. This is your life and you need to be safe and take care of yourself. Don't stress, but don't put all your faith in what some users seem to consider a "magic pill"."

cc1093 January 5, 2017

"If you are scrolling down at these reviews panicking wondering if this will work then stop it. I was in your shoes not that long ago. I took plan b on the 29th of January after having unprotected sex my boyfriend came inside me 100% I took it about 20 minutes after the incident was okay. The next day ... we had more unprotected sex (yeah I'm aware how dumb we are) so I went to get plan b again couldn't find it so we had to settle for my way ( took it 2 hrs after) I was just really tired and had crazy cravings.. my period was late and I was so afraid but it came 2 days late and I was extremely happy! Don't stress it ! This works !!"

Kikikikiuiuouuiu January 5, 2017

"OMG if you are freaking out relax I know your pain but it works.. so here is my experience, my period came Nov 13-19 the 20th I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend (I know stupid) and he finished inside me a little I was freaking out so I sent him to buy me the pill and I took it 2 hours later, 6 days later I was bleeding (apperently a side effect of the pill) I bleed for 6 days from Nov 26 to Dec 1st, I was supposed to get my period Dec 28th and it never came until today 8 days later !!!! I was finally ready to take a pregnancy test and I was freaking out, relax girls this pill is a hormone bomb and it can alter your cycle"

Bernice1221 January 5, 2017

"Being 18 and having the condom break in your gf is scary... we both freaked out and tbh I was more terrified then she was. We took the pill 1-2 hours after it happened and for a week I was on pins and needles. She had lower back pain, sore breasts, nausea, and even vomited 3-4 times a few days after taking the pill. It was starting to take affect on the relationship as we both would flip out on each other about it.. (not good I know) but I'm happy to say on 1-4-17 she received some spotting and the start of a period. The pill works! Do not freak about it, there's a reason they make it!!! Good luck"

NotADad January 5, 2017

"So me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex and he wasn't sure if he finished or not so to be safe I took a pill. I've had zero side affects but I've felt odd. I'm going to take a pregnancy test next week just to make sure that I'm not pregnant. Should I be worried I haven't had any side affects or should I calm down and trust it worked??"

Anon please January 5, 2017

"OK so I'm going to start this off by saying like everybody else I promised to write a review if this were edited so here I am writing well both of our experiences. I'm a guy I'm writing the experience I had with my girlfriend on December 20 me and my girlfriend had sex with a condom that came off and I finished inside of her we both started freaking out so immediately I went to go get the Plan B bill my girlfriend took it and she experienced lower abdominal pain nothing else she will schedule to get her period on the 5 or 6 of January For 15 days we were both freaking out if the pill is going to work or not and thank God it did she get her period A day earlier we were both so happy and here I am writing the review today on January 4"

Javi59 January 5, 2017

"Had sex on ovulation day and condom broke. He didn't finish inside me, only a little got in me as he pulled out. I had just began my bc a couple weeks prior and was scared my antibiotics I was on could have interactected with my bc. So I took plan b 30 minutes later and started my period 2 weeks later on the predicted date! It was extremely stressful. I convinced myself at times I was pregnant by googling everything possible. I know it's hard not to do that but try not to! If you take it in enough time it should work. I had minimal side effects. Lots of stretchy white discharge for two weeks and my period started as a dark brown discharge that was minimal and turned into a period. Good luck!"

28482048382 January 2, 2017

"Had sex and condom broke. On ovulation day. He pulled out as he was finishing and most didn't get in me but some did. Got plan b 30 minutes later and again 24 hours later. Took 2 doses, don't recommend cause medically doesn't do anything different than 1 dose. I only had been on be for 2 weeks and was on antibiotics (amoxicillin). Barely had side effects. Minor moods and headaches. Had ovulation like discharge for 2 weeks. 2 weeks after plan b I got very light brown discharge and was the start of my period which was the expected day of my period. My periods are irregular and I freaked out the whole time. Took a pregnancy test 10 days after and prepared to take another 14 days after but period started. Googled way too much (stressful!!!)"

Meesh22 January 2, 2017

"I've had to take plan B twice (well, technically the off-brand they have at my pharmacy), both times during or after ovulation. The first time I hardly experienced any side effects other than my period coming two days early, and I didn't get pregnant. The second time was a couple weeks ago after my boyfriend and I had been going at it, and when he pulled out to switch positions I heard him say "...oh" and he pulled the crumpled condom out of me. About 20 hours later I went and got plan b. I was nauseous and cramping the next day and had more cramps for three days leading up to my period but it came on time! The pill works, don't worry yourself."

robinmarshall January 2, 2017

"I said to myself I would write a review if this worked for me and my girlfriend so here it goes. I am a guy writing this and trust me I was probably more nervous then my girlfriend when the situation happened. We were having sex and the condom broke. I had pulled out but we weren't sure if anything got in so we drove to the store 30 mins after the incident and got the pill. Her period came a week late but the pill works. I'm here to say RELAX, the pill will work do not stress out over this. And if you're a guy reading this comfort your girl, don't be distant, be there for her and don't make her go through this situation alone."

Average Dude1 (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

"Be patient and calm, I was in your position freaking out and worrying but relax, my girlfriend ended her period December 5th and we got too into the moment and had unprotected sex and after we rushed to get plan b and took it within the hour, she didn't feel much effects but had the brownish bleeding 5 days later and freaked out, took a pregnancy test and it was negative, December 12th we had unprotected sex again , took the pill within the hour again and both were freaking out again (we have learned our mistake), she still didn't have any effects which was freaking me out but her period came December 24 right as she was supposed to get it, pray and be patient, the pill works we took it twice in a month and were ok, we are happy, good luck"

Justrelax17 December 29, 2016

"Girls before you read this, TAKE A BREATH! I My boyfriend and I had what we thought was protected sex on November 29th, however after he finished inside of me, he noticed that the condom had broken. We immediately rushed to the nearest CVS and bought plan B and I took it within about 25 minutes of the incident. For the next few days, I felt so awful- I experienced headaches, anxiety (not caused my the pill, simply my own anxiety), and exhaustion. I wasn't quite sure where I was in my cycle since it is only 23 days long, but I assumed that I had just ovulated the day before the accident and I wasn't sure if the egg was still fertile. But after a lot of sleepless nights I am happy to say that I got my period on its scheduled day, November 8th"

Anonymous December 27, 2016