User Reviews for Toradol

Pain 7.0
Postoperative Pain 6.0

Reviews for Toradol

pandabear · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2020

For Pain: “I have a severe case of mono and my tonsils swelled up to the point of not being able to swallow, talk and could barely breathe. was in 9/10 pain and swallowing felt like swallowing knives which is very unbearable. I was given steroids and toradol shot to reduce swelling and for pain. The injection itself was very uncomfortable but within 15 mins I was able to move and open my mouth and it took away my my pain to where I was finally able to swallow solid foods!! I'd say it lasted about 6 hours. It did make me a little drowsy which was nice bc U hadn’t been able to sleep. My arm is still very sore from the injection but was so worth it!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Pain: “I’m a recovering addict (8 years clean) So I can’t risk taking opioids. Thought that I tore ligaments behind my knee, was in constant pain for 3 days before finally I couldn’t take it and went to the VA hospital ER. Turned out I had a massive blood clot and was immediately given a shot of Toradol in my ass cheek for the pain. About 20 minutes later in the blink of an eye my pain vanished. Just gone, for about 12 hours. Something morphine and oxy failed to do after earning 2 Purple Hearts.”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2020

For Pain: “I fractured my L1 vertebrae and got a Toradol injection at the urgent care - the doctor then gave me a three day supply of pills of Toradol 10 mg three times a day - it really did nothing to relieve my pain. I’m going to the orthopedic spine doctor tomorrow and hopefully he can prescribe something that will relieve the pain until the fracture heals”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

For Pain: “No pain relief with Toradol at all for sciatica back, hip, groin and leg pain. Absolutely NONE,”

Kaiser Oregon · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

For Pain: “Went to pick up a large garbage bag full of glass bottles. The bag was probably around 50-60 lbs and I carried it with one hand while I maneuvered around my house with it. Walk to my car and up my stairs and boom!! Back gave out. Worst pain I have felt since fracturing my hand. Did the traditional icing, laying down and taking some leftover opioids so that I can walk to bathroom and kitchen. 3 days no change, back still slanted from the hip to the chest so I decided to go to urgent care. They gave me the shot of toradol and my pain when from 10 while standing/walking to a 3. Combined that with muscle relaxer my pain level is 1 right now because of random nerves shooting. I recommend to get this shot. I’m a 27 year old male”

Cookie · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

For Pain: “This medicine helps me tremendously with my lower back pain. It is given to me through a shot form. Although it makes me sleepy I would say it takes away my pain about 80%. Highly effective for me.”

C16 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 19, 2020

For Pain: “I have had 4 Torodal injections over the course of 10 months, the first 3 were for sciatica and the 4th one was for a ligament tear in my knee. The first 3 did wonders for me with no pain at the injection site and almost instant pain relief. However this last time was awful, the injection site burned so bad for around 2 hours, it took 4 hours to work and then I had terrible back pain for the next two days. It's definitely a hit or miss medication.”

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

For Pain: “dr gave me a toradol shot before a (medically necessary) 16w3d dilation and evacuation (D&E) to relieve pain during the procedure. 1- it stung for about 30 minutes, about the pain/intensity of a severe chemical burn. 2- it DID NOT provide any pain relief, I had to reschedule and return for a week later so they could figure out a safe way to sedate me with my previous bad reactions to sedatives. 3- the injection site still hurts, over a week after. It’s tender, sore all the time... I can’t lay on my left side (which is how I have slept for 20 years), It feels like there’s a bit of a lump at the site, and it hurts more when I walk because my muscles move. The pain from the D&E is already gone, and it’s only been 1 day with no pain meds whatsoever, not even a Tylenol or ibuprofen. But over a week after the injection and it still hurts excessively.”

Kidney Stone · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2020

For Pain: “I frequently suffer from Kidney Stones that ultimately pass. Christmas Eve I was hit with the worse back pain ever and my urine output was bright red blood. I was at the E.R within 30 minutes. I went through triage and they immediately gave me a shot of Toradol. Within 10 minutes the pain reduced to a very manageable “2.” A CAT-scan confirmed a 17.8 x 12.2 triangular stone that no way would pass. It was stuck at the urethra junction reducing my flow. No Urologist was available so they gave me another shot and sent me home with a prescription for five days. I reached a Urologist the day after Christmas and was immediately scheduled for surgery. Toradol kept me sane and able to focus for the three days. I dislike Opiates and would never accept Fentanyl or Morphine (which have both been offered in the past.)”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

For Pain: “I was given Toradol when I had a severe kidney stone attack. It worked immediately, as well as a morphine injection had worked for an earlier kidney stone. I never go out of town without packing my Toradol. Reading these reviews indicates it doesn't work for everyone, but it was a God-send for me.”

JB · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2019

For Pain: “Went to urgent care with a migraine for the 3rd day. Got Toradol shot and its been 3 hours with NO relief.”

Headache November 14, 2019

For Pain: “I constantly surprise medical staff when I tell them what drug always works. I start to tell them, wait for the eye roll as they expect me to name some narcotic or opioid. Nope, Toradol. Headaches so bad I am literally throwing up, wearing sunglasses into the dr office and walk out smiling and pain free. Amazing medicine!”

Mustang · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

For Pain: “Today I got a toradol shot in my hip for my arthritis and Now the pain is 10 times worse it’s shooting down my leg and when she gave me the shot almost 10 mins later I passed out and my blood pressure dropped super low then the doctor let me drive home....?!”

LS1990 · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2019

For Pain: “I injured my back this weekend and endured the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life. My lower back muscles cramped up so bad, I had ribs out, sharp pains, etc.. all at once. I went from fine to being in the floor in tears. The pain even got so bad that it made me sick twice. I finally went to the hospital yesterday because I couldn’t handle it anymore. I was in agony. After doing tests, they gave me a Toradol injection. I went from extremely heavy breathing and not even being able to talk or sit up from the pain being so bad to feeling back to normal in less than 10 minutes. It was like day and night. It was seriously a miracle and such a relief. I’m so grateful I was able to get this injection. I’m still recovering from my injury, but the inflammation went down so much and my chiropractor told me he doesn’t expect it to come back and said the Toradol really helped. I’m just so happy with this medication that I had to leave a review. I definitely recommend it!”

Be Warned · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2019

For Postoperative Pain: “I was given IV Toradol in hospital. After 2 days of this drug I developed a severe gastric bleed. Do not take this drug.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2019

For Postoperative Pain: “I was given Toradol following an appendectomy (via my IV) & was impressed with how well it worked. It did make me sleepy, but it also helped my stress-induced migraine! Will have to discuss this option with my neurologist.”

Amy · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2019

For Pain: “I got an Toradol injection in my hip to help with migraine pain, and I felt so tired all day afterwards. My stomach hurts, and my entire lower back is tensed up and cramping from the injection. I was worried about this, but I saw others posting about it. My migraine is gone but the side effects are uncomfortable. I could have dealt with the migraine pain instead of the side effects from the shot. I was too exhausted to function and get any work done all day.”

BabyGirl · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2019

For Pain: “This medication cannot be compared to any opioid or acetaminophen, because neither of those things reduce inflammation. This medication works against swelling and inflammation, which is why it works better for treating stuff like that. It can be used along with an opioid as well, if needed!! Depends on what you're treating. I see a lot of comments saying that this medication works better than opioids, there's a reason for that though!”

BabyGirl · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

For Pain: “I suffer from upper back pain that occasionally flares up pretty bad that sends shooting pain into my left shoulder blade and this time up into my head. I had pain in the back on my head for about 3 weeks, then it moved to my left temple where it throbbed so bad, I finally went to the ER, they gave a muscle injection of Torodal and a Norflex (muscle relaxer) injection. The pain went from a 9 to a 1 within 15 minutes. Wish I would've went in sooner. I'm glad I figured out that this drug is an option. Normally ibuprofen works for me but sometimes it doesn't at all, the nurse said this is a "souped up version" of ibuprofen.”

Angie · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

For Pain: “They gave me this Toradol shot and man this shot hurt me. I couldn't move my arm for an hour!!! And really didn't feel a significant relief I swear the shot was not worth my time !!!”

Pauly · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

For Pain: “The ER Dr gave me Toradol for L1 fracture pain. I hadn't slept in 48 hrs. It was useless.”

Jenni · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2019

For Pain: “On 8/11/19 I was in a car accident. I was diagnosed with, Cervical Spine Sprain and Strain. Thoracic Spine Sprain, as well as a left hip strain. I’ve been to the ER twice. Along with the dr through my work as this accident happened while I was working. My second time in the ER was last night. They gave me IV Toradol, along with IV Valum. (I’m a cancer survivor so I’m also on Dilaudid and Gabapentin at home. I couldn’t get my pain under control with these medications.) I waited for my MRI and was in pain awful. Once this medication kicked in I was shocked at how well it worked!!! MRI revealed that everything else is okay. However the dr said my muscles and tendons etc were so tight!!! This medication helped so much that it’s now the next day and thankful my muscle spams have not come back! I’d ask for this medication anyway before pain meds for my back pain!”

Gigi · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2019

For Pain: “I have chronic pain every day with back problems and suffer migraines as well. I'm in pain management I do take opioids for my pain, but this morning terrible migraine 2 days in a row Dr got me in and gave me injection of toradol and instantly migraine gone and also helped with my back pain today. So from someone that takes pain meds and getting this injection I say wow Toradol does work!!!!!!!!”

Leash August 7, 2019

For Pain: “I have been given this medication countless times and I'm yet to have it EVER work.”

Mommabear July 23, 2019

For Pain: “I went to a carnival with my family and hurt my back on one of the rides. I found out later they weren't even supposed to let people on that part of the ride due to the possibility of injury. So I went to an urgent care clinic as soon as they were open cause my pain hadn't got any better. They gave me Toradol it hurt at the injection site and made my back pain about 2x worse than it already was. It took over an hour to kick in and only gave me relief for about 15 min I then had to wait 2 hrs at a hospital with orders for xrays in severe pain all because I live an hour away from the hospital. My husband called and complained about it and we found out that because we went in with orders we should have been seen right away. I'm stuck with a useless hospital system that taking over every clinic and service possible in my area.. And since we live in an area with a lot of addicts and pill seekers its impossible to get help when its really needed”