User Reviews for Toradol

Postoperative Pain
6.6

Summary of Toradol reviews 7.2 181 reviews

Reviews for Toradol

For Pain "I pulled the stent from my ureter after having a stone removed and within minutes I was in severe pain. After 2 hours of worsening pain I drove to the urologists office and begged to help relieve the enormous treachery I was enduring. They gave me a shot to my hip and within minutes the pain level dropped from 9 to a 5. The relief was a Godsend. The anti-inflammatory in the drug opened the ureter and allowed blood clots and other debris to filter into the bladder. I was then prescribed toradol in pill form. This got me through the horrific ordeal I had experienced. "

Youks (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

For Pain "I was given a toradol shot for severe sciatica pain. Might as well have given me an injection of water--NO pain relief whatsoever."

still hurting (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2019

For Pain "I suffer from Chronic kidney stones. The first time I was given Tordol interveniously and it literally worked within a minute!! I was in so much pain and vomiting from the pain. After the Tordol it relieved the kidney pain immediately. Now when I’m rushed to hospital or walk in clinic, it’s the first thing I ask for! I’ve never had it as a shot in my muscle, so I can’t give my opinion, but through an IV was awesome. I have had no side effects from it either!"

MJ (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2019

For Pain "I have chronic kidney stones and they always want to give me toradol IM for the pain. First off, the standards for what constitutes a properly sized muscle need to be reviewed, because 1/3 of the time, they'll give it to me in the deltoid, while the rest of the time, they insist on the gluteus medius. Regardless of where they put it, it doesn't help much with the problem at hand. If I happen to have a headache or sore back at the time, the toradol clears it right up. The severe pain it's meant to treat, on the other hand, barely has the edge taken off. The worst thing is that it causes intense soreness and cramping in the injection site for hours, far worse than a tetanus shot. Some people have good experiences, so it's worth a try to dodge opioids, but don't be afraid to tell them it doesn't work."

Mike (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Pain "I have MS and pinched nerve in my C spine . When I have a flare up or bad spasticity this drug works great ! Go in , get a shot and literally 1 minute later the pain is relieved ."

Boxerdog (taken for 10 years or more) November 29, 2018

For Pain "They gave me this drug for a pulled muscle in my back, it helped with the pain, but the side effects were not worth it, terrible stomach pain, burning in my stomach, belching, bloating, 3 days since the injection, and my stomach is still not back to normal, I will never take this drug again"

Dee November 9, 2018

For Pain "I had a heart attack in March 2018. In the hospital, they were giving me Morphine for pain. I hated the way it made me feel and it did nothing for the pain. After a day of Morphine I asked that I be given something else, thus my introduction to Toradol. I wish I'd known about Toradol before being given Morphine. It made me feel so much better, without the horrible side effects of Morphine."

ICE QUEEN (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Postoperative Pain "This was given to me after multiple surgeries stemming from a botched gallbladder removal. This drug gave me horrible hallucinations and extremely vivid dreams. It scared me to death out and made me sweat profusely. I don’t ever want anything to do with this drug again."

Gallstonegirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Pain "I get a toradol shot when I get a migraine that lasts longer than a day and when naproxen hasn't help. I have had them help and sometimes they do not. Got one today and the pain was gone within an hour. Plus the nurse did a great job, no burning sensation after injection. I have been lucky lately, not having a bad burning sensation. I once had a nurse inject it quickly and had the worst burning sensation from it. I think when it is injected slower it's better. Overall the toradol shot is good for me. I also take hydroxyzine (anti anxiety, antihistamine) at onset of migraine too. The NASID and antihistamine work very well for me."

autunm17 September 28, 2018

For Pain "They always try to give me this when I have a migraine. It has never worked for my pain. They still make me try it before they will even consider giving me anything else. It is no better than 800mg of Advil or Cambia. And I can take that stuff at home without having to pay a copay! So frustrating that this is the first line of defence for a migraine that won’t go away."

allenwaa (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2018

For Pain "Toradol right into my sciatic nerve worked for 18 months. Tonight they want to put toradol in my shoulder. Seems dumb to put toradol into my bloodstream and not where the pain is."

Skohotentot September 6, 2018

For Pain "I got a injection of Toradol when I was admitted the night before I gotten my gallbladder out. I was in so much pain and Dilaudid only helped me for a hour at the most. My nurse finally gave me a shot of Toradol and I could finally sleep. Having a gallstones attack was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. It lasted until I woke up after surgery and was in my room. I am so grateful that it helped!"

Molly Ann (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

For Pain "I got a shot of toradol after I went to ER for nerve pain. As soon as she stabbed it in my arm I felt pain. My hand is cramping and have tingling all over my body."

B (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Pain "I had daily headaches resulting from a concussion. A neurologist put me on Toradol and I could not wait to wean myself off. I had such stabbing pain in both eyes from it I could barely function. I now take Elavil and am very excited not to have headaches! Fingers crossed!"

Gingergirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Pain "Toradol worked right away on back pain. The shot hurt a bit, but now, the next morning, I can't go to work as I have got diarrhea, chills and fever, heartburn. Just like the side effect list."

Ms Writer (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Pain "I suffer from severe kyphosis (my spine spine is bent forward) which leads to severe migraines I've been prescribed everything in the book even sumatriptan referral to go to pain management, orthopedic surgeon, neurologist, ears neck and throat docotrs. Nothing has helped until I switched my PCP and my first walk in visit she gave me torodol literally worked in 5 minutes I felt brand new. I felt the pressure on my neck gone. A month in a half later I recieved another migraine went to ER they gave me torodol shot and the pills. This stuff is amazing."

Aisha (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

For Pain "Went to the ER with a migraine, second day of migraine and had to get relief. I had to fly the next day. Was given Toradol, Benadryl and an anti nausea medication. Left the ER two hours late and felt much better. Still experienced some mild nausea the next day but the pain was gone. I do not tolerate Imatrex so this drug helped me without making me feel any lingering side effects. I plan on asking my doctor for a prescription if I ever need it again."

Cltcqeen (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

For Pain "I was given Toradol injections to help with both sciatic and c-spine pain. It worked great."

Beth (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

For Postoperative Pain "Toradol can be very dangerous and the drug company is trying to make it sound like it is the "cure all" for narcotic pain control. Did they tell you that Toradol is like ibuprofen? Did they tell you it can cause ulcers? This is not the drug for pain control. We have morphine and dilaudid, which provide excellent relief without gut bleeds and ulcers, along with blood thinning. All the hospitals are worried about is the opioid crisis (that they created by handing them out like candy), but no one wants to talk about the methamphetamine crisis that is ruining this country. How about dealing with that, and let me give my poor patients some pain relief with morphine or dilaudid."

Lucygirl RN May 7, 2018

For Pain "Got injection yesterday for multiday migraine and I don't feel any relief."

Anon (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

For Pain "Used for really bad headaches"

Anonymous February 8, 2018

For Postoperative Pain "Given to me in an IV immediately after laparoscopic hysterectomy. Don’t know if they gave me too much or not but I could not stay awake for a few hours. They had to increase my IV just to flush it out. But I will say one thing....I had absolutely NO PAIN that evening, the next day, or even the following week. Excellent."

Sharon R. (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2017

For Pain "I have the equivalent of Sciatica, in my arm. Cannot move it without severe pain, (typing now with one hand!) I have had Sciatica in my leg also, but was able to do stretches to relieve the pain. Cannot find stretches for my arm that work...so on to the Doctor. She gave me a shot of Toradol 15mg/4units...knocked it right out! but a day and half later it came back. I'm taking steroids now, on the 2nd day of the med pack, and still miserable.... Wouldn't wish This on my worst enemy!"

Chele600 November 30, 2017

For Pain "I had this drug given to me when I was hit by a car as I walked across the street. I couldn’t take meds I was given due to side effects. My pain was so severe I was given a shot of Toradol. What relief! It worked extremely well for me. Four years later I had sciatic nerve pain. I asked my doctor for a shot of Toradol. After three days and nights of extreme pain and discomfort, the Toradol shot took it all away. I am so relieved. No side effects- just good old pain relief!"

Feride (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

For Pain "So, tonight I decided to go to an E.R for my extremely awful wisdom tooth pain that started about 4-5 days ago. I've not eaten solid foods in 3 days because of it... and the nurse comes in and gives me the shot in my arm. First of all, why give someone a shot that causes pain, when they're already in pain? It felt like the nurse pulled my shoulder out of place when she injected me. I literally could not move my arm for like 20 or so minutes. So yeah, tooth hurt less because I was busy with the awful shoulder pain. Second, did absolutely nothing for my wisdom tooth pain. Now, I'm having pain in my kidney area and soaking in a hot bath trying to figure out why I'd been given this shot, and 800mg of ibuprophen when it clearly says not to mix."

Punk1234 November 13, 2017