User Reviews for Toradol

6.3

Summary of Toradol reviews 7.0 189 reviews

Reviews for Toradol

Leash August 7, 2019

For Pain "I have been given this medication countless times and I'm yet to have it EVER work."

Mommabear July 23, 2019

For Pain "I went to a carnival with my family and hurt my back on one of the rides. I found out later they weren't even supposed to let people on that part of the ride due to the possibility of injury. So I went to an urgent care clinic as soon as they were open cause my pain hadn't got any better. They gave me Toradol it hurt at the injection site and made my back pain about 2x worse than it already was. It took over an hour to kick in and only gave me relief for about 15 min I then had to wait 2 hrs at a hospital with orders for xrays in severe pain all because I live an hour away from the hospital. My husband called and complained about it and we found out that because we went in with orders we should have been seen right away. I'm stuck with a useless hospital system that taking over every clinic and service possible in my area.. And since we live in an area with a lot of addicts and pill seekers its impossible to get help when its really needed"

In pain · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2019

For Postoperative Pain "This medication doesn't work for my pain, I don't want or need narcotics just want something to relieve my pain so I can slep"

Ginnykay1 · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2019

For Pain "I have shingles, these things always crop up on a weekend, when your primary care physician isn't available. Went to an urgent care clinic and this is what they gave me for pain. Seems to be working. I think I can get some sleep anyway."

A · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2019

For Pain "I was given IV Toradol for severe pain while in the ER after a bad neck injury . The injection hurt my vein so bad I thought I was going to pass out. Took all of my neck pain away for about 30 seconds, then I was back up to an 8. I was really hoping it would work."

SpinalTap May 9, 2019

For Pain "I was in the hospital for meningitis and all they would give me for pain was this rubbish Toradol and Tylenol ! Really? I didn't receive any noticeable benefit from this medication and thanks to the opioid crisis this is all they would give me! I wouldn't give this stuff to my dog."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2019

For Pain "Toradol didn’t relieve any pain"

Daisy · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2019

For Pain "Was given a toradol shot for sciatica yesterday…totally useless. Still in pain."

Youks · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

For Pain "I pulled the stent from my ureter after having a stone removed and within minutes I was in severe pain. After 2 hours of worsening pain I drove to the urologists office and begged to help relieve the enormous treachery I was enduring. They gave me a shot to my hip and within minutes the pain level dropped from 9 to a 5. The relief was a Godsend. The anti-inflammatory in the drug opened the ureter and allowed blood clots and other debris to filter into the bladder. I was then prescribed toradol in pill form. This got me through the horrific ordeal I had experienced. "

still hurting · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2019

For Pain "I was given a toradol shot for severe sciatica pain. Might as well have given me an injection of water--NO pain relief whatsoever."

MJ · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2019

For Pain "I suffer from Chronic kidney stones. The first time I was given Tordol interveniously and it literally worked within a minute!! I was in so much pain and vomiting from the pain. After the Tordol it relieved the kidney pain immediately. Now when I’m rushed to hospital or walk in clinic, it’s the first thing I ask for! I’ve never had it as a shot in my muscle, so I can’t give my opinion, but through an IV was awesome. I have had no side effects from it either!"

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2018

For Pain "I have chronic kidney stones and they always want to give me toradol IM for the pain. First off, the standards for what constitutes a properly sized muscle need to be reviewed, because 1/3 of the time, they'll give it to me in the deltoid, while the rest of the time, they insist on the gluteus medius. Regardless of where they put it, it doesn't help much with the problem at hand. If I happen to have a headache or sore back at the time, the toradol clears it right up. The severe pain it's meant to treat, on the other hand, barely has the edge taken off. The worst thing is that it causes intense soreness and cramping in the injection site for hours, far worse than a tetanus shot. Some people have good experiences, so it's worth a try to dodge opioids, but don't be afraid to tell them it doesn't work."

Boxerdog · Taken for 10 years or more November 29, 2018

For Pain "I have MS and pinched nerve in my C spine . When I have a flare up or bad spasticity this drug works great ! Go in , get a shot and literally 1 minute later the pain is relieved ."

Dee November 9, 2018

For Pain "They gave me this drug for a pulled muscle in my back, it helped with the pain, but the side effects were not worth it, terrible stomach pain, burning in my stomach, belching, bloating, 3 days since the injection, and my stomach is still not back to normal, I will never take this drug again"

ICE QUEEN · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2018

For Pain "I had a heart attack in March 2018. In the hospital, they were giving me Morphine for pain. I hated the way it made me feel and it did nothing for the pain. After a day of Morphine I asked that I be given something else, thus my introduction to Toradol. I wish I'd known about Toradol before being given Morphine. It made me feel so much better, without the horrible side effects of Morphine."

Gallstonegirl · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2018

For Postoperative Pain "This was given to me after multiple surgeries stemming from a botched gallbladder removal. This drug gave me horrible hallucinations and extremely vivid dreams. It scared me to death out and made me sweat profusely. I don’t ever want anything to do with this drug again."

autunm17 September 28, 2018

For Pain "I get a toradol shot when I get a migraine that lasts longer than a day and when naproxen hasn't help. I have had them help and sometimes they do not. Got one today and the pain was gone within an hour. Plus the nurse did a great job, no burning sensation after injection. I have been lucky lately, not having a bad burning sensation. I once had a nurse inject it quickly and had the worst burning sensation from it. I think when it is injected slower it's better. Overall the toradol shot is good for me. I also take hydroxyzine (anti anxiety, antihistamine) at onset of migraine too. The NASID and antihistamine work very well for me."

allenwaa · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 18, 2018

For Pain "They always try to give me this when I have a migraine. It has never worked for my pain. They still make me try it before they will even consider giving me anything else. It is no better than 800mg of Advil or Cambia. And I can take that stuff at home without having to pay a copay! So frustrating that this is the first line of defence for a migraine that won’t go away."

Skohotentot September 6, 2018

For Pain "Toradol right into my sciatic nerve worked for 18 months. Tonight they want to put toradol in my shoulder. Seems dumb to put toradol into my bloodstream and not where the pain is."

Molly Ann · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2018

For Pain "I got a injection of Toradol when I was admitted the night before I gotten my gallbladder out. I was in so much pain and Dilaudid only helped me for a hour at the most. My nurse finally gave me a shot of Toradol and I could finally sleep. Having a gallstones attack was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. It lasted until I woke up after surgery and was in my room. I am so grateful that it helped!"

B · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2018

For Pain "I got a shot of toradol after I went to ER for nerve pain. As soon as she stabbed it in my arm I felt pain. My hand is cramping and have tingling all over my body."

Gingergirl · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2018

For Pain "I had daily headaches resulting from a concussion. A neurologist put me on Toradol and I could not wait to wean myself off. I had such stabbing pain in both eyes from it I could barely function. I now take Elavil and am very excited not to have headaches! Fingers crossed!"

Ms Writer · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2018

For Pain "Toradol worked right away on back pain. The shot hurt a bit, but now, the next morning, I can't go to work as I have got diarrhea, chills and fever, heartburn. Just like the side effect list."

Aisha · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2018

For Pain "I suffer from severe kyphosis (my spine spine is bent forward) which leads to severe migraines I've been prescribed everything in the book even sumatriptan referral to go to pain management, orthopedic surgeon, neurologist, ears neck and throat docotrs. Nothing has helped until I switched my PCP and my first walk in visit she gave me torodol literally worked in 5 minutes I felt brand new. I felt the pressure on my neck gone. A month in a half later I recieved another migraine went to ER they gave me torodol shot and the pills. This stuff is amazing."

Cltcqeen · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2018

For Pain "Went to the ER with a migraine, second day of migraine and had to get relief. I had to fly the next day. Was given Toradol, Benadryl and an anti nausea medication. Left the ER two hours late and felt much better. Still experienced some mild nausea the next day but the pain was gone. I do not tolerate Imatrex so this drug helped me without making me feel any lingering side effects. I plan on asking my doctor for a prescription if I ever need it again."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)