User Reviews for Bupivacaine

Also known as: Marcaine, Marcaine HCl, Marcaine Spinal, Sensorcaine, Sensorcaine-MPF, Sensorcaine-MPF Spinal

Learn more about Bupivacaine.

Local Anesthesia 3 reviews 96 medications

9.5
Postoperative Pain 2 reviews 5 medications

7.5
Summary of Bupivacaine reviews 5 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Bupivacaine

For Postoperative Pain: "Husband had rotator cuff surgery and was sent home with an Ambit pump which automatically dispensed timed doses of bupivacaine (and had an option to dispense extra as-needed doses). He was actually quite comfortable and able to sleep, unlike 3 years ago when the other shoulder was done and this technology/drug was not available. At that time we had only pain pills and ice packs (sleepless nights and miserable days). Compared to then, the pain now was minimal. Yes, he has to remove the small plastic tube from the injection site, but he didn’t have a problem with that. No personality changes, no side effects. Our experience was quite positive. He is 56."

Helped greatly (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

For Postoperative Pain: "Had Rotator Cuff surgery and was not advised of the cardiac side effects. Felt like a heavy weight on chest and difficulty breathing. Scary! I'm good physical and mental health with a workout routine 3 days a week. As for the psychology effects, I'm ready to rip someone's heart out. This is a complete failure on the doctor's staff. I will definitely let him know. Been grouchy, and irritable and very little patience. But the capper is I'm supposed to remove the block myself. Found out after surgery that I could get a script for in-home nursing care which was not offered. I'm 73 and my wife is 68."

Tigercat2 May 16, 2015

For Local Anesthesia: "Had a lot of the side effects, tremors,headache, restlessness, insomnia, irregular heartbeat, red face and neck, feeling flushed. As of today, I have been up almost 36 hours, can not go to sleep. Will not have this injection again."

S.P.R. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2014

Marcaine (bupivacaine) for Local Anesthesia: "I had a severe case of hidradenitis, which had to be excised. The surgeon used this when closing to lessen the pain afterwards. It worked very well."

Anonymous December 7, 2011

Sensorcaine-MPF (bupivacaine) for Local Anesthesia: "I'm allergic to most -caines and Sensorcaine MPF makes it possible for me to be able to get dental work done without fear of an allergic reaction or having to be on a steroid regiment prior to having dental work done. Since being tested, it has been a wonderful find since not only have I had to have dental work done but also have had to have stitches and other medical procedures which required local numbing."

SLJohnson March 7, 2009