User Reviews for Bupivacaine

Also known as: Marcaine, Xaracoll, Sensorcaine, Posimir, Marcaine HCl, Sensorcaine-MPF Marcaine Spinal

Bupivacaine has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings on Drugs.com. 67% of those users who reviewed Bupivacaine reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Local Anesthesia
7.8
Postoperative Pain
8.3
Summary of Bupivacaine reviews 8.0 9 reviews

Wehttam17 · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2020

For Local Anesthesia: “Was given a shot of this bupivacaine which I call the goodstuff it works great for dental extractions that can be extremely painful such as Molar extractions or partial boney or full boney extractions. Because the numbness can last 7-15 -/+ hours. You should get at least 7 hours of numbness outta it however. Works great for short term dental use.”

GeauxTigers · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2019

For Postoperative Pain: “Just had rotator cuff surgery. Excellent experience with the Ambit device and bupivacaine. Had no pain during the 3 days post op. and no issues removing the tiny needle. I wish this technology had been available in the past. This is a huge benefit over oral pain medications which dull the senses without really stopping the pain.”

Jc · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2019

Sensorcaine-MPF (bupivacaine) for Local Anesthesia: “I went to ER for a scalp laceration that required stitches. The ER doctor used sensorcaine to numb the area before suturing. I started feeling sick like the energy was draining out of me. He began the stitches but didn't get to finish before I totally passed out. Doc said I was "snoring up a storm" which meant I was having trouble breathing. Took a couple off hours to be able to get off the bed afterwards. Awful experience!”

Tigercat2 May 16, 2015

For Postoperative Pain: “Had Rotator Cuff surgery and was not advised of the cardiac side effects. Felt like a heavy weight on chest and difficulty breathing. Scary! I'm good physical and mental health with a workout routine 3 days a week. As for the psychology effects, I'm ready to rip someone's heart out. This is a complete failure on the doctor's staff. I will definitely let him know. Been grouchy, and irritable and very little patience. But the capper is I'm supposed to remove the block myself. Found out after surgery that I could get a script for in-home nursing care which was not offered. I'm 73 and my wife is 68.”

S.P.R. · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2014

For Local Anesthesia: “Had a lot of the side effects, tremors,headache, restlessness, insomnia, irregular heartbeat, red face and neck, feeling flushed. As of today, I have been up almost 36 hours, can not go to sleep. Will not have this injection again.”

Helped greatly · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2016

For Postoperative Pain: “Husband had rotator cuff surgery and was sent home with an Ambit pump which automatically dispensed timed doses of bupivacaine (and had an option to dispense extra as-needed doses). He was actually quite comfortable and able to sleep, unlike 3 years ago when the other shoulder was done and this technology/drug was not available. At that time we had only pain pills and ice packs (sleepless nights and miserable days). Compared to then, the pain now was minimal. Yes, he has to remove the small plastic tube from the injection site, but he didn’t have a problem with that. No personality changes, no side effects. Our experience was quite positive. He is 56.”

SLJohnson March 7, 2009

Sensorcaine-MPF (bupivacaine) for Local Anesthesia: “I'm allergic to most -caines and Sensorcaine MPF makes it possible for me to be able to get dental work done without fear of an allergic reaction or having to be on a steroid regiment prior to having dental work done. Since being tested, it has been a wonderful find since not only have I had to have dental work done but also have had to have stitches and other medical procedures which required local numbing.”

Anonymous December 7, 2011

Marcaine (bupivacaine) for Local Anesthesia: “I had a severe case of hidradenitis, which had to be excised. The surgeon used this when closing to lessen the pain afterwards. It worked very well.”

Mort · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2018

For Local Anesthesia: “This medication was the worse medication I have been on caused really bad anxiety, numb mouth, caused high heart rate, high BP. Metallic taste in my moth made my taste go numb nasty stuff”