User Reviews for Toradol

Learn more about Toradol.

Toradol Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1830 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Toradol to treat Pain

"I was given this medicine as an injection IM for severe migraine and inner ear pain. Nurse literally hit my nerve doing the injection causing pain so bad I can hardly walk even 4 hours since the shot and it had zero effect on my migraine. Now I am having explosive diarrhea. Never taking this drug ever again."

Miserable Mom (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ketorolac (toradol) is the ONLY medicine that provides me relief during a fit of migraines. It doesn't relieve physical body pain such as sore muscles, in my back or neck area however it relieves almost all of my migraine related pain and symptoms. For example: when I get migraines my neck will start to hurt, my eyes will go crazy, I'll get tunnel vision and specs everywhere and eventually it goes into a full blur, I get disorientated (not dizzy) very confused and slow... I can't focus because of the throbbing feeling under my skull and eventually I get sick and throw up. Ketorolac will help with all of those symptoms and make them disappear except for the neck pain. I will be feeling clear headed, have my vision back, no pressure in skull."

MigraineJS (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given this medication the first time in a walk in clinic in the form of an IM injection. I don't know the dose but it worked magically! I have been suffering from severe migraines for over 20 years. I also take Zomig as needed. I told my GP about the effects I had with Torodol. I have tried literally everything for my migraines from natural treatment to every recommended medication. Nothing works to stop like this medication and sometimes I have to combine with the Zomig. I'm happy it isn't a narcotic and doesn't give me that looped out feeling. I just want to feel normal and this seems to help when I have severe pain of migraines. The doctor gave me an oral prescription which isn't as fast as the injection but it still seems to work."

shaleblue April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have a herniated L5 degenerative disc disease and arthritis when this flares up I can barely walk! I will go to the ER and get the Toradol shot and within 24 hours I am good and it lasts me for at least 3 months!"

JaeTrem March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Approximately 3 weeks after having a posterior Foraminotomy / laminectomy I began having the same pain as I had prior to the surgery. The nerve pain & numbness became increasingly worse so I call the surgeon's PA at 4 weeks post op to find out if it was normal. He called in a Toradal script Friday. I took 2 pills (as prescribed) & 1 pill every 6 hours as needed for pain. It's Sunday & I'm extremely pleased with the result so far! I have complete pain relief taking this in combination with Percocet!"

JGfan (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have a slipped disc and they gave me toradol in the hospital and it did not help at all"

jennyalehosptialnewhaven February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was suffering from a somewhat severe case of costochondritis. Felt like a heart attack sometimes. Went to the emergency room and an IV injection of toradol was administered to me. Felt a buzz coming on. More pronounced than the saline solution injected into me. Other than that the pain was mostly gone within a few hours after I got discharged."

GethPrime (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have a long history with kidney stones and have been on every pain killer there is. Toradol is the only medicine that takes the pain away!"

Karen Ace (taken for 10 years or more) January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I receive Toradol in the ER for migraines when nothing else gets them under control. It is the absolute best treatment when needed."

MigraineTD (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been suffering from Tonsillitis for 5 days, my tonsils were extremely swollen and full of pus. I could not swallow without excruciating pain. I went to my primary care doctor and got a dose of Toradol. Along w/ IV fluids, antibiotics and steroids. Within 45 mins my throat was about 60% less painful. By the end of the day I could swallow completely without any pain. I'm sure both the IV and Toradol played parts in this, but I believe the Toradol was the extra punch I needed."

Oneofeach (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have about 8-10 migraines a month that leave me hugging the toilet, and/or hiding in the dark closet with a pile of blankets. Today was the first time they tried anything other than Excedrin Migraine. Toradol! A shot :-\...Oh my, for the first time since 2008 I don't have pain in my back and neck. She said it would not make me tired but I just spent a nice 4 hr nap in zero pain. Yes, the injection had a mild heat like pain for a few minutes. But to feel like this is pretty much awesome!"

Mermaid Mama (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I went to Urgent Care for what turned out to be a kidney stone. I was in severe pain and they finally (after begging) gave me Toradol in my IV. It took quite awhile to just take the edge off. It lasted about 3 hours. When I left, they gave me another pain killer that nicely did the trick!"

Cathy13033 November 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Take the shot once a month for knee pain. It helps a lot and I could feel the difference in just hours."

OSCAR 78 November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffer from chronic migraines and every dr wants to give toradol shots to stop them. Toradol is not FDA approved as a treatment for migraines. It does not work."

Jennings1213 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had severe debilitating migraines and chiari headaches for over 30 years. Nothing worked...until the miracle of Torodal. I am finally a NORMAL human being!!!!"

Chiarian (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was given an im injection in the buttocks for migraines and it was completely ineffective. The pain that the injection caused was infuriating considering there was absolutely no relief of the headache."

Collegemigraine (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was in the middle of passing a kidney stone. I was admitted to the ER with severe pain in right side, tremors, cold sweats, nausea, vomiting, feeling of full bladder and need to urinate but inability to urinate. I was given IV toradol and the pain subsided within a minute. I was even able to get some shut eye on and off for maybe an hour. Of the IV drugs I have received, this one had me the most clear headed, functional, aware. It staved off the pain for about 3-4 hours, after which I asked for another injection before being released from the ER, as the pain was returning with the nausea. NOTE: I have been having severe (2 or 3 at rest, 7-9 in wrong position) right leg pain for a few months. Toradol ineffective. Nerve pain?"

JCDS (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have been suffering with a severe throats infection for 3 nights now. Been on antibiotics, aspirin and ibuprofen. Saw a Dr today and was given this injection of Tiraspol. Have been pain free for hours and able to finally eat something. I don't typically take any drugs but this one I am glad I did!!"

CynthiaBerto October 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After ending up in the ER with the worst migraine I've ever had, the doctor gave me 3 different meds, all through an IV. None of them made a difference. He then gave me Toradol. It took the edge off right away, and after about 10 minutes my migraine was gone. I have taken it ever since. It's the only thing I have found that helps. I wish it worked for everyone as well as it works for me."

AdamApril4GD September 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffer from chronic migraines. More than 15 days a month of constant pain where more than 4 days are full on migraines. .Toradol is one of the drugs in a cocktail I take through IV all at once. Combined with the other drugs it is amazing..alone Toradol, even if I wait the 1 hour, has not successfully reduced my migraines."

Migraine1506 August 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had migraine for 5 days ----- they gave me Toradol injection --- it's been 2 hours and I do not feel any better. ...why is that?"

Wendy D July 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I received this injection last night at VA hospital in Philadelphia. I just couldn't deal with peripheral neuropathy pain anymore. I hate narcotic medicine. So this was a great alternative it took a lot of pain away, I still feel light tingles but nowhere near what is was feeling prior. I have MRI done to see where my nerve is trapped. I hope it's something I can resolve permanately, My girlfriend ask to describe pain, I told her basically it's a never ending root canal, and she immediately felt horrible for me. I urge people who have this don't delay treatment it jus gets unbearable, but this shot does work decently. However, it won't last more than couple days so make sure u get scripts for meds needed until u get MRI done."

TJ1981 July 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Get this injected when I have a particularly bad migraine and my hydrocodone and imitrex are not helping. Works like a charm every time. Other meds haven't helped when they get this bad. Plus it's cheap which helps when having to go to a clinic/er."

Migrainesufferer6878 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I Judy had a shot of Toradolcin my right button. I don't feel the severe pain in my shoulder & back. The pain is still there, But not a severe. I have not had any adverse reaction."

Brownbottom (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had come down with a very bad sinus infection that caused me to have a migraine like headache. It was extremely unbearable. So I had my spouse take me to the emergency room and the doctor gave me a shot in the rear and within seconds I felt immense relief. The next day the headache came back and after eight hours of dealing with it, I went back to the ER and got another shot. It was fabulous and it allowed me the ability to keep down my antibiotic so I could kick the sinus infection. I don't know why they don't make an injection pen for Migraine sufferers to keep around. Worked way faster than Imitrex ever did for me in the past."

Shannydoo June 20, 2016