User Reviews for Toradol IV / IM

Learn more about Toradol IV/IM.

Pain 7 reviews 1090 medications

8.6
Postoperative Pain 2 reviews 5 medications

6.3
Summary of Toradol IV/IM reviews 9 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Toradol IV/IM

For Pain "Was suddenly hit with debilitating pain in lower abdomen, back and pain under ribs on left. Was pain free at 5 pm. By 5:10 pm I was nearly screaming out from the pain. My husband took me to the ER. Was seen immediately by ER doctor and he ordered a CT scan and an IV was started. He was pretty sure I had a kidney stone which turned out to be shown on the CT. When I returned from getting the CT they gave me a large dose of IV morphine. It did absolutely nothing for my pain. A nurse kept telling me to "just relax and enjoy the morphine effects". When doctor came back and saw I was still in severe pain he told me that he was going to order an IV injection of Toradol. I didn't expect any relief but it was almost instant relief."

kidneystonepaingone March 30, 2016

For Pain "So far, Has helped a nasty frozen shoulder! Pain free for a few days. NOTHING took away the pain except for this. Felt like I have had child-labor-pain in my arm for the last five months. NICE!!"

Squid aline March 22, 2016

For Pain "I have hemiplegic migraines and end up at the hospital about once a month. Each time, with the exception of twice (given morphine - allergic reactions occurred), I was given a toradol cocktail through IV in the ER. After a few minutes, the pain began to subside and I went to sleep. I would recommend this if one is able to take it."

Reddddd (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2016

For Pain "I got Toradol IV for pain due to kidney stones and infection. It didn't help the pain very much, and it burned. After they took the IV out, I sprayed blood all over the ER. I bled from the injection site for many hours. Never again."

KidneyStoner (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Pain "Went to ER for infection pain and this worked within 15 mins. Swelling at infection site went down somewhat in half hour it worked for me."

MrAll (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2014

For Pain "For several years I ended up in the ER for severe migraine treatments. In the beginning I was always treated with a narcotic and anti nausea. After taking narcotic and triptan at home failed, usually vomiting uncontrollably. Now I take oxycodone daily. When it fails I go to the ER and now, I get Torodol. It works better than any narcotic. Very fast relief. I rarely get it i.v because now I go before I vomit. The shot in the butt does not bother me and fastest way to get rid of the pain. If I am already vomiting I still take the shot in the butt and the I.V with anti nausea separately. I.V is too slow for pain relief. Never had side effects. But I guess I am getting a mix between the narcotic at home and the shot. Never took it alone."

Mixed Headache disorder February 24, 2013

For Pain "I went to the ER with horrible pain in my side and abdomen (turns out I have gallstones) I can not take narcotics because I was addicted to Morphine in the past and currently take Suboxone. So, I was willing to just deal with the pain rather than take anything for it. So, the doctor said he can give me Toradol. They put it in my IV and within a couple minutes it took the edge off my pain. It went from an 8 to about a 6 on the pain scale. I some how managed to fall asleep and when they woke me up to go to ultrasound a little later, I had ZERO pain. It is truly amazing. They gave me a prescription to bring home - 5 days worth, and so far no pain. Hope it works this good after surgery!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2012

For Postoperative Pain "I was having so much pain following my 2nd surgery in a month and I was turning septic too. It took the final edge off all pain for me that nothing else was helping. I was on the max dose of morphine and they added the Toradol and I finally was able to sleep and move with out excruciating pain. It was a God-send."

Anonymous March 1, 2012

For Postoperative Pain "Allergic to Morphine. After major injury accident doctor hooked up IV Toradol and it was Heaven. Could not feel anything from the nose down. Perhaps I'm overly sensitive but it was a real relief."

Roamingdoc June 2, 2009