User Reviews for Insulin regular to treat Diabetes, Type 1

Also known as: Humulin R, Novolin R, Humulin R U-500 (Concentrated), Myxredlin, ReliOn/Novolin R Humulin R U-500 KwikPen

Insulin regular has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 1. 83% of those users who reviewed Insulin regular reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Insulin regular Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 55 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 1.

Petie · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 30, 2020

Novolin R (insulin regular): “I have been un-insured for about 5 years now. Novolin R has been a life-saver for me. I do not feel that Wal-Mart would open themselves up for suit if they thought the product was inferior. I HAVE TO EAT RIGHT AND NOT POLLUTE MY BODY. When I act right and take care of myself, my sugar readings stay in check. When I don't, I pay the price no matter what insulin. I highly recommend this product if you are un-insured. $28 a month has saved me.”

Lala · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2020

“I just got on this med and I was 9 weeks pregnant now I find out I lost the baby at 11 weeks - feeling heart broken”

Dan Cooper · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 17, 2019

Novolin R (insulin regular): “Novolin R...have to buy because it is the cheapest without insurance, I believe Humalog R is the best insulin to take, however if is over a $100, while Novolin is 25$. Asked my Dr. for Humalog, will give me however the insurance company won’t pay for it!! They make you get a generic generic insulin “Admelog” it is better than Novolin, however not close to Humalog in quality and reliability.......I agree w the first review, Cara, what she stated about novolin kicking in later on I have also experienced. I have had times where it doesn’t seem to absorb!!?”

Cara12 January 21, 2018

Novolin R (insulin regular): “My options were to either pay the $306 for humalog or wait and pay $25 for novolin R. Novolin R in my option is unpredictable and must be used in small increments. It will keep you alive but it will also make you feel slightly like a zombie at first. I believe you get what you pay for and if normally insulin is hundreds of dollars theirs a reason novolin r is sold for $25. Still, I'm grateful for the option until my health insurance clears up. I would just advise people to use extreme caution and not take over 6 units at a time. It takes sometimes 3 hours before the insulin even kicks in so be aware if you keep taking more and more it will have a rubber band effect,,once it kicks in your sure to get low.”

chicken legs April 14, 2016

Humulin R U-500 (Concentrated) (insulin regular): “My Diabetes has never been in such good control ever since I started using Humulin R U-500 Insulin. I recently got an insulin pump and this is the insulin that was used. The insurance I have now will not cover any insulin so I had to stop taking Humulin R U-500 due to the fact I cannot afford the out of pocket costs. I am a hard working woman with a good job but because I am not at the poverty level I am unable to get assistance with paying for this insulin. I have been off of this insulin for 2 days and my blood sugars are rising 250-500. I need this insulin and I need help in order to be able to start using it again.”

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Velosulin BR (insulin regular): “Great medicine. No side effects.”

Rford977 February 3, 2016

Humulin R U-500 (Concentrated) (insulin regular): “Only improvement would be a pen”

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Iletin II Regular Pork (insulin regular): “Excellent for controlling diabetes.”