User Reviews for Insulin regular

Also known as: Humulin R, Humulin R U-500 (Concentrated), Humulin R U-500 KwikPen, Iletin II Regular Pork, Iletin Regular, Novolin R, Novolin R Innolet, Novolin R PenFill, ReliOn/Humulin R, ReliOn/Novolin R, Velosulin BR

Insulin Resistance Syndrome

1 review 8 medications
Diabetes, Type 1
9.5

Diabetes, Type 2
8.8

Summary of Insulin regular reviews 9.2 9 reviews

Reviews for Insulin regular

ReliOn/Novolin R (insulin regular) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have used a lot of pills and insulin over the years, but when I switched to Novolin R from Walmart, I had the best A1C tests of all. I never dropped below 7.3 with the other pills or Humalog or Lantus. My last two tests were 6.4 and then 5.3. I couldn't believe how well it was. Walmart also charges only $24.88 per vial where as a box of Humlog or Lantus pens was $110 to $120. The vial is equal to 3.3 pens from a 5 pen box."

jimofNevada (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 21, 2018

Novolin R (insulin regular) for Diabetes, Type 1: "My options were to either pay the $306 for humalog or wait and pay $25 for novolin R. Novolin R in my option is unpredictable and must be used in small increments. It will keep you alive but it will also make you feel slightly like a zombie at first. I believe you get what you pay for and if normally insulin is hundreds of dollars theirs a reason novolin r is sold for $25. Still, I'm grateful for the option until my health insurance clears up. I would just advise people to use extreme caution and not take over 6 units at a time. It takes sometimes 3 hours before the insulin even kicks in so be aware if you keep taking more and more it will have a rubber band effect,,once it kicks in your sure to get low."

Cara12 January 21, 2018

Novolin R (insulin regular) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just started novlin R and I'm weak and dizzy."

Sunrae 45 August 6, 2017

Humulin R U-500 (Concentrated) (insulin regular) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This has helped me to control my glucose better than any of the medications that I have tried in the past."

Cmbsharks (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2017

Humulin R U-500 (Concentrated) (insulin regular) for Diabetes, Type 1: "My Diabetes has never been in such good control ever since I started using Humulin R U-500 Insulin. I recently got an insulin pump and this is the insulin that was used. The insurance I have now will not cover any insulin so I had to stop taking Humulin R U-500 due to the fact I cannot afford the out of pocket costs. I am a hard working woman with a good job but because I am not at the poverty level I am unable to get assistance with paying for this insulin. I have been off of this insulin for 2 days and my blood sugars are rising 250-500. I need this insulin and I need help in order to be able to start using it again."

chicken legs April 14, 2016

Humulin R U-500 (Concentrated) (insulin regular) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Only improvement would be a pen"

Rford977 February 3, 2016

Humulin R U-500 (Concentrated) (insulin regular) for Insulin Resistance Syndrome: "HI<I am a 60 yr old female and have been diabetic since my early 20's.I have been on several medications and until this one I couldn't get my blood sugars under control. I am over weight and my body is resistant but 12 units of this drug and my sugars are great.a1c WENT FROM 7.8 TO 6.1"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2013

Velosulin BR (insulin regular) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Great medicine. No side effects."

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Iletin II Regular Pork (insulin regular) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Excellent for controlling diabetes."

Anonymous October 31, 2011