User Reviews for Humalog to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Humalog Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 161 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Humalog

Rick · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 3, 2019

“I've been on Humalog for several years, I've tried Novalog and Apidra and both have given me terrible side effects. Humalog also gave me side effects and have noticed that throughout the years it has gotten worse, the headaches start from the back of my head, then it works it way down the back of my neck and spine. It has also creates an upset stomach that leads to acid reflux, chest pains and an increase in blood pressure. It has sent me to the ER several times, at first not realizing it was the insulin causing all the problems. When I stopped it to use Apidra, all the symptoms disappeared for about a week until I started getting other side effects from the Apidra that were worse and I had no choice but to go back to Humalog, I seem to have run out of options, it's I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't...in search of a better solution before it kills me...”

Kathy · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 10, 2019

“I have been on Humalog for over a year and works well in dropping high sugar; however I started having fast pulse. EKG was done shows Sinus Tachyardia. I found on the PDR (Physicians Desk Reference) that Humalog causes Sinus Tachyardia. So I'm done with Humalog.”

None · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2018

“It did not work when I used it and it gave me high blood pressure. That was how I started taking blood pressure medication. When I stopped, my blood pressure got better but never went back to what it was prior.”

FAB · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2018

“Humalog has worked for me lowering my blood glucose. BUT....I gained 30 lbs and can not get it off.”

cat woman · Taken for 10 years or more April 23, 2018

“I used to have effective treatment of diabetes with humalog and lantus but recently the humalog is not working. I gave the humalog company a call but they said they had not recently received other complaints. I've been on the 100, 200, and now the 500 strength and none of them are working. Seems like the pens are filled with water, not insulin.”

tired of trials · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2017

“I take after a meal and it does not work”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more October 6, 2017

“The pen doesn't work right. The injection goes 10 units before insulin comes out not good thing its like full of air without the bubbles”

RTMc October 2, 2015

“Significant weight gain (10%) very soon after starting Humalog. Not a powerful reducer of sugar like I would have expected for the frequency and cost.”

Alx38 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2013

“I have had diabetes for three years and I was not able to control it much, had been on Lantus and Humulin. Unfortunately my sugar readings were too high. It's been a month now since am on Humalog and my readings have never been better. Am so glad my doctor put me on Humalog, it really works.”

Anonymous May 18, 2011

“Good for treating post-meal blood sugar spikes.”