User Reviews for Humalog

Humalog has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings on Drugs.com. 54% of those users who reviewed Humalog reported a positive effect, while 15% reported a negative effect.

Diabetes, Type 2
6.5
Diabetes, Type 1
Summary of Humalog reviews 7.1 15 reviews

Reviews for Humalog

Vic April 6, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 1: “I have been using Humalog for approximately 1 year, in addition to Lantus. It has been working fine, but my complaint is in the pens. I have had 4 pens malfunction over the past year. I understand there are flaws in any item. But, when I called Lily to get replacements for the pens, they flat refused to stand behind their product. I just want to warn everyone who plans or is using this medication that Lily does not stand behind their product and you will be spending extra money in the event you experience a bad pen. These pens can get expensive. Buyer beware!!!”

Rick · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 3, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been on Humalog for several years, I've tried Novalog and Apidra and both have given me terrible side effects. Humalog also gave me side effects and have noticed that throughout the years it has gotten worse, the headaches start from the back of my head, then it works it way down the back of my neck and spine. It has also creates an upset stomach that leads to acid reflux, chest pains and an increase in blood pressure. It has sent me to the ER several times, at first not realizing it was the insulin causing all the problems. When I stopped it to use Apidra, all the symptoms disappeared for about a week until I started getting other side effects from the Apidra that were worse and I had no choice but to go back to Humalog, I seem to have run out of options, it's I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't...in search of a better solution before it kills me...”

Kathy · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 10, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been on Humalog for over a year and works well in dropping high sugar; however I started having fast pulse. EKG was done shows Sinus Tachyardia. I found on the PDR (Physicians Desk Reference) that Humalog causes Sinus Tachyardia. So I'm done with Humalog.”

Alx38 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have had diabetes for three years and I was not able to control it much, had been on Lantus and Humulin. Unfortunately my sugar readings were too high. It's been a month now since am on Humalog and my readings have never been better. Am so glad my doctor put me on Humalog, it really works.”

cat woman · Taken for 10 years or more April 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I used to have effective treatment of diabetes with humalog and lantus but recently the humalog is not working. I gave the humalog company a call but they said they had not recently received other complaints. I've been on the 100, 200, and now the 500 strength and none of them are working. Seems like the pens are filled with water, not insulin.”

LJS6182 January 13, 2012

For Diabetes, Type 1: “I've been using Humalog in my insulin pump for over 10 years. Humalog works well as a basal insulin as well as bolus for highs that may occur due to a variety of circumstances. I've found it very easy to adjust my blood glucose levels using Humalog.”

kjnk · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1: “I've been using Humalog for about 6 months so far. I was using Novolog before having to switch because of my insurance. I have found that I need to take more of the Humalog and the reaction time is also slower then Novolog.”

Dukster · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1: “62 year old male, pancreatic cancer patient. I am developing diabetes due to a partial pancreatectomy. Humalog works very well, and works exactly as described on the web, and in the instruction pamphlet. No surprises !!”

None · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “It did not work when I used it and it gave me high blood pressure. That was how I started taking blood pressure medication. When I stopped, my blood pressure got better but never went back to what it was prior.”

Anonymous May 18, 2011

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Good for treating post-meal blood sugar spikes.”

FAB · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Humalog has worked for me lowering my blood glucose. BUT....I gained 30 lbs and can not get it off.”

RTMc October 2, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Significant weight gain (10%) very soon after starting Humalog. Not a powerful reducer of sugar like I would have expected for the frequency and cost.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more October 6, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “The pen doesn't work right. The injection goes 10 units before insulin comes out not good thing its like full of air without the bubbles”

bnbloomi76 · Taken for 10 years or more February 20, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1: “I've been using Humalog for 15 years or so. I've never had a problem with it. I use an insulin pump and it works well with my basal dose.”

tired of trials · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I take after a meal and it does not work”