User Reviews for Humalog to treat Diabetes, Type 1

Humalog has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 1. 50% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 13% reported a negative experience.

Humalog rating summary

6.8/10 average rating

Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 1.

Truth2021 · Taken for 2 to 5 years · August 28, 2021

"I have used Humalog for 5 years. My insurance company told me I could no longer use any other insulin. Why they told me that, only they know. It appears to be a result of Lily's sales team. Humalog worked good for a few years. Last year it suddenly stopped working well. I suddenly needed TWICE as much insulin for each dose. I count carbs and use 1 unit of Humalog for every 10 carbs eaten. Suddenly, my BG was thru the ceiling. On a guess, I increased my Humalog by 60%, my BG went down considerably. I increased it more until my BG was back to normal. You can blame whatever reason you want, but I think Humalog has been altered by Lily. It just isn't as effective for me, it goes bad twice as fast, it can NOT be allowed to get to room temp. (warmer than 75 F) or it stops working at all. I stopped using Humalong. I use Novolog. Novolog works better, quicker and is more dependable than Lily's altered Humalog. If Humalog works for you, great. It is terrible for me."

Vic · April 6, 2021

"I have been using Humalog for approximately 1 year, in addition to Lantus. It has been working fine, but my complaint is in the pens. I have had 4 pens malfunction over the past year. I understand there are flaws in any item. But, when I called Lily to get replacements for the pens, they flat refused to stand behind their product. I just want to warn everyone who plans or is using this medication that Lily does not stand behind their product and you will be spending extra money in the event you experience a bad pen. These pens can get expensive. Buyer beware!!!"

LJS6182 · January 13, 2012

"I've been using Humalog in my insulin pump for over 10 years. Humalog works well as a basal insulin as well as bolus for highs that may occur due to a variety of circumstances. I've found it very easy to adjust my blood glucose levels using Humalog."

kjnk · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 27, 2019

"I've been using Humalog for about 6 months so far. I was using Novolog before having to switch because of my insurance. I have found that I need to take more of the Humalog and the reaction time is also slower then Novolog."

Dukster · Taken for less than 1 month · March 1, 2019

"62 year old male, pancreatic cancer patient. I am developing diabetes due to a partial pancreatectomy. Humalog works very well, and works exactly as described on the web, and in the instruction pamphlet. No surprises !!"

Joy joy · Taken for 10 years or more · December 28, 2021

"I have been on humalog for at least 15 years with my insulin pump , 770G it works really well, yes the diabetes sugars goes up and down but not due to the humalog my body, stress bad back stress, infection , various reasons for the fluctuations and I don’t blame the insulin at all."

66 year insulin · Taken for 10 years or more · November 17, 2021

"I find the pen does not dispense accurately. I have to leave the pen in more time than should be necessary to accommodate for leakage."

bnbloomi76 · Taken for 10 years or more · February 20, 2016

"I've been using Humalog for 15 years or so. I've never had a problem with it. I use an insulin pump and it works well with my basal dose."