User Reviews for Insulin lispro to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Also known as: Humalog, Admelog, Humalog KwikPen, Lyumjev, Humalog Junior KwikPen

Insulin lispro Rating Summary

4.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 161 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Insulin lispro

Sweet girl August 15, 2020

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “I never had problems with novalog pens but this humalog pen is horrible! I watch my diet carefully so I don't have to use as often but when my blood sugar shoots up I need it. Twice the same pen stopped working so I had to take of back to the pharmacy. Every humalog pen I have used since you have to keep pumping and twisting so that you end up with bruises! It never delivers what you put it on so you actually don't know how much you are injecting! This product is horrible and those making it should either make it right or be accountable!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 17, 2020

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “The Humalog KwikPen insulin works well but I have had the issue of my pens jamming, sticking, and just not working. I called the number on the paper that was in the box with the pens. I spoke to the nicest young man and he helped me fix my pen then gave me some advice on how to avoid these issues in the future. He even got me a replacement because I ended up throwing a broke pen away before I could finish using it (~100 units left).”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

“I have used the cheapest insulin in the world but this is not insulin this is 100 percent rubbish and someone is making a lot of money off a product that doesn't work”

LOST.CUSTOMER April 6, 2020

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “I've been using these Humalog Kwikpens for almost 2 years. I have had issues with half of them. They won't inject correctly!! I've tried different things like doing less for each press and sometimes that helps. I've jiggled & moved it and nope.. what annoys me even more is looking at a brand new pen I have to throw away because IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!! I've talked to the pharmacist and they say to contact Novalog, I sent info to novalog and no response.. I will have to ask my doctor to put me on something else. This feeling that you paid for a cheap toy that breaks as soon as you get it home. I do not recommend this AT ALL!!”

Jayno8 · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 13, 2020

Admelog (insulin lispro): “This is unacceptable to give people this medicine. Playing with others life for money. My blood sugar have been over 290 every day no matter what I eat. I could eat a salad and check and it goes from 136- to over 200. What is this stuff? It is making the pancreas weaker or destroying it slowly while slowly destroying us body and falling apart. Back was ok for awhile but since my body went into keto acidosis its severe back degenerate. Ketoacidosis It destroys the muscle and fat. Never had that in my life. I lost so much weight and in so much pain.”

Deb February 27, 2020

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “These pens are terrible. The company should be closed down. They malfunction and some times have to inject my self 3 times to get my dosage. My insurance made me get these but I we I'll pay to use lantis solostar. Dont get this product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!”

c&j · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 5, 2020

“This is life threatening, do not trust this medication. I have been on insulin since the early 90's and on my (many) versions of insulin I have been able to somewhat control my sugar. I have had many times in which my levels would climb to over 400-500 and had emergency care. I have been on this for a few months and I cannot control my levels, some days I will use a pen and all is OK, but then 50% of the time I get a pen that does nothing, tonight for example I took my normal amount at my normal time, I felt bad so I check my sugars, 3 hours after taking the injection and my meter read high glucose over 600 on multiple tests to ensure machine did not error. This stuff is dangerous to the point of being life endangering. It has put me in the ER 3 times in the past 5 weeks. I am contacting the company on this issue as it has become a liability”

chagent · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

Admelog (insulin lispro): “My experience in the last few hours: At 8:29 pm my BS was 101. I then took 30 u Admelog (a huge amount). I ate a big bowl of Cheerios with a banana, some sugar, and ingested about 15 oz of rice milk (I drank half of that). THREE HOURS and 23 MIN LATER, at 11:52, MY BS was 218! I just took another 30 units of it. I've had no further carbs. I received and opened the styrofoam Admelog case on November 8. See how unsatisfactory the Admelog is?”

Hawaiian girl November 10, 2019

Admelog (insulin lispro): “Started Admelog 6 months ago for insurance reasons. I developed shortness of breath, increased heart rate, sinusitis and the feeling like I had something in my throat when I laid down. I also had severe lumbar sacral back pain. I could only stand or walk for about 10 minutes. I had to stop insulin for insurance reasons and that is when I realized it was the insulin. Symptoms stopped within about 24 hours.”

Rick · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 3, 2019

Humalog (insulin lispro): “I've been on Humalog for several years, I've tried Novalog and Apidra and both have given me terrible side effects. Humalog also gave me side effects and have noticed that throughout the years it has gotten worse, the headaches start from the back of my head, then it works it way down the back of my neck and spine. It has also creates an upset stomach that leads to acid reflux, chest pains and an increase in blood pressure. It has sent me to the ER several times, at first not realizing it was the insulin causing all the problems. When I stopped it to use Apidra, all the symptoms disappeared for about a week until I started getting other side effects from the Apidra that were worse and I had no choice but to go back to Humalog, I seem to have run out of options, it's I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't...in search of a better solution before it kills me...”

JJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 22, 2019

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “The Humalog drug works very well. The Humalog Kwik Pen SUCKS. The pens stick and are very inconsistent with the ease of injection. I used Novalog until I went on Medicare and my drug plan switched me to Humalog. Never had a single problem with the Novalog pens.”

Kathy · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 10, 2019

Humalog (insulin lispro): “I have been on Humalog for over a year and works well in dropping high sugar; however I started having fast pulse. EKG was done shows Sinus Tachyardia. I found on the PDR (Physicians Desk Reference) that Humalog causes Sinus Tachyardia. So I'm done with Humalog.”

None · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2018

Humalog (insulin lispro): “It did not work when I used it and it gave me high blood pressure. That was how I started taking blood pressure medication. When I stopped, my blood pressure got better but never went back to what it was prior.”

FAB · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2018

Humalog (insulin lispro): “Humalog has worked for me lowering my blood glucose. BUT....I gained 30 lbs and can not get it off.”

cat woman · Taken for 10 years or more April 23, 2018

Humalog (insulin lispro): “I used to have effective treatment of diabetes with humalog and lantus but recently the humalog is not working. I gave the humalog company a call but they said they had not recently received other complaints. I've been on the 100, 200, and now the 500 strength and none of them are working. Seems like the pens are filled with water, not insulin.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 23, 2017

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “While this medication works well, the KwikPen is terrible! It gets stuck before the insulin can be used. Having to throw away insulin is just ridiculous, especially at the prices charged! I'm going to ask my doctor for an alternative.”

tired of trials · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2017

Humalog (insulin lispro): “I take after a meal and it does not work”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more October 6, 2017

Humalog (insulin lispro): “The pen doesn't work right. The injection goes 10 units before insulin comes out not good thing its like full of air without the bubbles”

Tony Glasscock September 18, 2017

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “Called Eli Lilly about their humalog 50/50 pen being stuck on 42 and not moving (still has over 180 units left), I was called a cow (slander) by their agent. Won't use their products anymore, still have the pen lost money on it. Shame on you Eli Lilly”

MacDreamz65 July 6, 2017

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “My 3rd pen in 2 months. The pens are awful and after a short use will only dispense half the med then jam.”

asiaexec October 28, 2016

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “My insurance company changed to Humalog KwikPen; my short response - IT SUCKS! The medicine works well, when I actually get it administered, but their crappy pen just does not work properly. I take 5 to 8 units a few times per day but the pen does not seem to develop enough pressure to push the med into my body.”

BigDeal January 24, 2016

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “My insurance company, Aetna, switched from the Novalog Flex Pen to the Humalog KwikPen and I've had nothing but problems ever since. The Novalog Pen worked very well and I never had any issues with it. Since switching to the Humalog Pen, I've had constant problems getting it to work properly. The part that gets pushed down often gets stuck and it becomes impossible to administer the insulin that I need to manage my Type 2 Diabetes. I don't understand why the insurance companies have to change from a perfectly good product to one that is substandard. I'm contacting Aetna to see if there is any way to switch back to the Novalog FlexPen.”

RTMc October 2, 2015

Humalog (insulin lispro): “Significant weight gain (10%) very soon after starting Humalog. Not a powerful reducer of sugar like I would have expected for the frequency and cost.”

knack July 6, 2015

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro): “The pen normally gets stuck in the middle of the each pens use. I normally throw away 1/4 to 1/2 of the medicine”

Alx38 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2013

Humalog (insulin lispro): “I have had diabetes for three years and I was not able to control it much, had been on Lantus and Humulin. Unfortunately my sugar readings were too high. It's been a month now since am on Humalog and my readings have never been better. Am so glad my doctor put me on Humalog, it really works.”