User Reviews for Insulin lispro

Also known as: Humalog, Humalog KwikPen

Learn more about Insulin lispro.

Diabetes, Type 1 3 reviews 70 medications

9.4
Diabetes, Type 2 6 reviews 136 medications

7.1
Summary of Insulin lispro reviews 9 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Insulin lispro

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I've been using Humalog for 15 years or so. I've never had a problem with it. I use an insulin pump and it works well with my basal dose."

bnbloomi76 (taken for 10 years or more) February 20, 2016

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My insurance company, Aetna, switched from the Novalog Flex Pen to the Humalog KwikPen and I've had nothing but problems ever since. The Novalog Pen worked very well and I never had any issues with it. Since switching to the Humalog Pen, I've had constant problems getting it to work properly. The part that gets pushed down often gets stuck and it becomes impossible to administer the insulin that I need to manage my Type 2 Diabetes. I don't understand why the insurance companies have to change from a perfectly good product to one that is substandard. I'm contacting Aetna to see if there is any way to switch back to the Novalog FlexPen."

BigDeal January 24, 2016

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Significant weight gain (10%) very soon after starting Humalog. Not a powerful reducer of sugar like I would have expected for the frequency and cost."

RTMc October 2, 2015

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The pen normally gets stuck in the middle of the each pens use. I normally throw away 1/4 to 1/2 of the medicine"

knack July 6, 2015

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have had diabetes for three years and I was not able to control it much, had been on Lantus and Humulin. Unfortunately my sugar readings were too high. It's been a month now since am on Humalog and my readings have never been better. Am so glad my doctor put me on Humalog, it really works."

Alx38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2013

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I've been using Humalog in my insulin pump for over 10 years. Humalog works well as a basal insulin as well as bolus for highs that may occur due to a variety of circumstances. I've found it very easy to adjust my blood glucose levels using Humalog."

LJS6182 January 13, 2012

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Good for treating post-meal blood sugar spikes."

Anonymous May 18, 2011

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 1: "This handy little device is great for vacation or just the diabetic on the go."

Anonymous March 17, 2011

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "It is the only insulin that gives me instant results (within 5 minutes)."

ad.briggsyahoo.com May 22, 2009