User Reviews for Insulin lispro systemic

8.5

Diabetes, Type 2

Summary of Insulin lispro reviews 6.9 21 reviews

Reviews for Insulin lispro

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Humalog has worked for me lowering my blood glucose. BUT....I gained 30 lbs and can not get it off."

FAB (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2018

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I note there are comments on the sticking of Humalog Kwik pens which is also my experience with them. I have been using Humalog (Lispro) pens for a long time. Recently in the past 3 months I have had 4 pens sticking while injecting. The rest of the insulin in the pen goes waste. I would like to send the pens back to Lilly but I do not know how. Like others I had to switch over from a smoother Novolin pen to the Humalog pens due to insurance cost agreements with lilly. Having worked in management positions at manufacturing industries, I can see how these deals of price reduction compromise quality and cost to the customer while filling the pockets of executives in the drug company and Insurance companies. FDA is useless."

simon (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2018

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I used to take Novolog, was forced to change by my insurance provider. This does not work as well as Novolog. The delivery system is shoddy I have had more pens jam and become unusable in the 1 year of using the kwikpen than in the 10+ years I used a Novolog FlexPex."

SBMc (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2018

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 1: "These pens are horrible! I went to use it when my type 1 daughter's pump failed, and it did not administer correctly. The pens she used in the past were great. They made a clicking sound for each unit delivered, where these quick pens were silent and barely had pressure enough to indicate whether she got proper dosage, if any at all. They also don't have half units, and rounding up or down to full units can be very dangerous. These pens also create excessive waste. The previous pens themselves were reusable! Would love to go back to them!"

Lynn May 29, 2018

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I used to have effective treatment of diabetes with humalog and lantus but recently the humalog is not working. I gave the humalog company a call but they said they had not recently received other complaints. I've been on the 100, 200, and now the 500 strength and none of them are working. Seems like the pens are filled with water, not insulin."

cat woman (taken for 10 years or more) April 23, 2018

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "While this medication works well, the KwikPen is terrible! It gets stuck before the insulin can be used. Having to throw away insulin is just ridiculous, especially at the prices charged! I'm going to ask my doctor for an alternative."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 23, 2017

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I take after a meal and it does not work"

tired of trials (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The pen doesn't work right. The injection goes 10 units before insulin comes out not good thing its like full of air without the bubbles"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) October 6, 2017

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Called Eli Lilly about their humalog 50/50 pen being stuck on 42 and not moving (still has over 180 units left), I was called a cow (slander) by their agent. Won't use their products anymore, still have the pen lost money on it. Shame on you Eli Lilly"

Tony Glasscock September 18, 2017

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My 3rd pen in 2 months. The pens are awful and after a short use will only dispense half the med then jam."

MacDreamz65 July 6, 2017

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I've been a T1 diabetic for 52 years, & am a retired Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE). I and my patients have all had a problem w/Humalog KwikPens: Sometimes a box has not one pen that works. I have followed their (Lilly, the manufacturer) directions (try a new needle, etc), but sometimes you get a batch that doesn't work. You can't get a refund either, so we're "out" hundreds of dollars in co-pays. I've tried several times to contact Lilly and they keep referring me back to the website for answers, which is useless. They also imply that the customers aren't able to use the pens correctly. Amazing that I've been successfully teaching patients for decades on using pumps, pens, etc and never had ANY problems except with these KwikPens. They're unpredictable!"

RetiredCDE&T1Diabetic (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 27, 2017

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My insurance company changed to Humalog KwikPen; my short response - IT SUCKS! The medicine works well, when I actually get it administered, but their crappy pen just does not work properly. I take 5 to 8 units a few times per day but the pen does not seem to develop enough pressure to push the med into my body."

asiaexec October 28, 2016

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I've been using Humalog for 15 years or so. I've never had a problem with it. I use an insulin pump and it works well with my basal dose."

bnbloomi76 (taken for 10 years or more) February 20, 2016

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My insurance company, Aetna, switched from the Novalog Flex Pen to the Humalog KwikPen and I've had nothing but problems ever since. The Novalog Pen worked very well and I never had any issues with it. Since switching to the Humalog Pen, I've had constant problems getting it to work properly. The part that gets pushed down often gets stuck and it becomes impossible to administer the insulin that I need to manage my Type 2 Diabetes. I don't understand why the insurance companies have to change from a perfectly good product to one that is substandard. I'm contacting Aetna to see if there is any way to switch back to the Novalog FlexPen."

BigDeal January 24, 2016

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Significant weight gain (10%) very soon after starting Humalog. Not a powerful reducer of sugar like I would have expected for the frequency and cost."

RTMc October 2, 2015

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The pen normally gets stuck in the middle of the each pens use. I normally throw away 1/4 to 1/2 of the medicine"

knack July 6, 2015

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have had diabetes for three years and I was not able to control it much, had been on Lantus and Humulin. Unfortunately my sugar readings were too high. It's been a month now since am on Humalog and my readings have never been better. Am so glad my doctor put me on Humalog, it really works."

Alx38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2013

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I've been using Humalog in my insulin pump for over 10 years. Humalog works well as a basal insulin as well as bolus for highs that may occur due to a variety of circumstances. I've found it very easy to adjust my blood glucose levels using Humalog."

LJS6182 January 13, 2012

Humalog (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Good for treating post-meal blood sugar spikes."

Anonymous May 18, 2011

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 1: "This handy little device is great for vacation or just the diabetic on the go."

Anonymous March 17, 2011

Humalog KwikPen (insulin lispro) for Diabetes, Type 2: "It is the only insulin that gives me instant results (within 5 minutes)."

ad.briggsyahoo.com May 22, 2009