User Reviews for Admelog to treat Diabetes, Type 1

Admelog has an average rating of 1.8 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 1. 0% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 89% reported a negative effect.

Admelog Rating Summary

1.8/10 average rating

Compare all 55 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 1.

Reviews for Admelog

Renee · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2019

“I have been diabetic since I was 12. Getting an insulin pump was the best thing I ever did. Then, my insurance decided to no longer cover Humalog, which has been working great for me for years. They put me on Admelog. I was on it a month before I called the doctor and told them it did not work. They blew me off. Now, several months later, I have called again. I have left messages at my doctor's office, I have talked to my insurance company, I have called the pharmacy, and I have called the FDA. Admelog DOES NOT work, and not just for me. I have taken at least 200 units of insulin today, and my blood sugar is still 297. If you take Admelog and it is not working for you, please go to the FDA MedWatch page and report it.”

Type 1 February 26, 2020

“My sugars have been terrible since switching from Humalog to Admelog as a Type 1 diabetic. It may be equivalent to others but is not for me. My A1c is through the roof and no one will listen because of $$$ I may go to Canada to get Humalog just so I can live longer. Is anyone listening????”

K · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2019

“Insurance switched me over to this without even letting me know. My sugars on Humalog were very stable, but the second I switched over to Admelog I couldn't get them under control. I was never in my target range, no matter how much insulin I gave myself. The last straw was when I was at work and became extremely nauseous and started throwing up because I couldn't get my sugars under control. This insulin is not the same thing as Humalog as I was told, it's just a way for insurance to cheap out at the expense of its users.”

Damo91 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 15, 2019

“I have been type 1 diabetic for 22 years now and my insurance recently had me switch to Admelog a month ago. This insulin IS NOT THE SAME as Humalog, as the doctor's still try to convince you. It is very slow acting compared to Humalog and it takes 2-3 hours for blood sugar levels to lower, even a little bit. For example, every day on this insulin I have blood glucose levels to (BGL) of 260+ and after taking Admelog and fasting, 1 hour later my BGL only drops by 10 points. Wait another hour, still haven't ate anything, 10 more points. I have also had my BGL rise while on it. While on Humalog, my BGL drops and regulates within half hour. Admelog will kick in in over 3 hours and give me a very low BGL. This insulin has made me very sick and nauseous!!! I have done so well managing my BGL to be under 180 every day in the past and now on this insulin it to goes up to 400 constantly!”

Sarah · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 12, 2020

“I have had type 1 diabetes for 10 years and was originally using Novolog then Humalog but was recently switched to Admelog. This insulin is by far the worst I have ever used. It is extremely unpredictable. Right now I cannot get my blood sugar under 400 mg/dL no matter how much of this insulin I take. There are days when I am nonstop low. My endocrinologist knows that this insulin is garbage but my insurance will not switch me no matter what. I've complained to the FDA but it probably fell on deaf ears. I'm not even sure how this was even approved by the FDA considering that there are numerous complaints about it.”

notachance · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2019

“Worst insulin I have ever taken. My dose of insulin has more than tripled since I started taking it. It has always made my blood sugars rise. I can eat nothing and take insulin to correct the high - it doesn't fall it raises more. I carb count correctly, use the correct dose and again my blood sugar rises. This "follow on" insulin is not like the more expensive insulins.”

Duracell · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2020

“My daughter was on Humalog and doing well with her levels. I went to the pharmacy to pick refill and without notice our insurance switched her to Admelog. She has been on it for 3 weeks. Her levels will not come under 300, ketones, nausea, headaches. Also NO ONE keeps the vials in stock for the pumps. Not CVS, Wal-greens, Wal-Mart etc. It has to be ordered DAYS ahead and thats IF they get it in. One of the above pharmacies was suppose to have it in in 2 days went to pick up and they said SORRY we are not sure when it will get her. We had NO insulin over the weekend. Now my daughter is sick. We never had issues with Humalog. THIS insulin is HORRIBLE. FIGHT IT!”

Sara · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 24, 2020

“I was switched to Admelog from Novolog last year and my A1C has gone from 6 to 9% and has stabilized to over 8% since. My endo knows it is due to Admelog not being a good insulin but his hands are tied. Unfortunately my insurance will not switch me back to Novolog no matter what. This is by far the worst insulin I have ever used and I have used Novolog, Humalog, and Fiasp. The last few months have been the worst as I absolutely cannot get my blood sugars under 200. I am terrified I am going to die of DKA because of this awful insulin. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against the makers of this horrid insulin and it needs to be take off the market and studied more.”

cicinla · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2020

“My insurance won't pay for Humalog anymore, switched to Admelog about 4 months ago. I have been a juvenile diabetic for 49 years. No problems at all with dosing or it not working BUT when the vial fell off counter it broke! I probably drop a vial once every 2 months on my kitchen floor. After 49 years I broke a vial? Oh great, my insurance will not pay for a new vial after 3 weeks and on labor day weekend. No, I'm not switching, I hate pens. I can take 1/2 unit at a time with a .30 syringe.”

Emmie · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2020

“So I know I literally just started using this insulin today, but I didn't make my blood sugars go up as the others here I've read reviews about how it doesn't work for some. I know I just started but I must say I was super scared and nervous when I was told I would have to use this insulin , due to the fact that my insurance didn't want to cover Novolog anymore, I couldn't sleep thinking about it last night , because I knew today was the day I would have to change my Insulin cartridge today , I'm currently on the tslimx2 and at first I didn't like it the pump of course but now I love it . It maybe It depends on each person perhaps that's the case”