User Reviews for Admelog

1.8
Diabetes, Type 2

Reviews for Admelog

Kate · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 17, 2021

For Diabetes, Type 2: “This medication was prescribed to me with instructions that I should use it on a sliding scale, depending on what my blood sugar is reading and what I'll be eating. I've discovered that if I follow this guideline closely, it works great. For example: A BS reading of 124 just before eating an apple calls for me injecting 4 units of the medication, just enough to keep the natural sugar of the apple pushing me too high. Yet, that same BS reading of 124 just before eating a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with whole milk...well, that requires me to inject 10 units to compensate for all that fake sugar. When that is kept in mind and closely monitored, this medication is a winner. As for side effects...I developed an occasional case of nasal and throat congestion due to taking it, but a very minor dose of any OTC decongestant takes care of that.”

Sarah · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 12, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 1: “I have had type 1 diabetes for 10 years and was originally using Novolog then Humalog but was recently switched to Admelog. This insulin is by far the worst I have ever used. It is extremely unpredictable. Right now I cannot get my blood sugar under 400 mg/dL no matter how much of this insulin I take. There are days when I am nonstop low. My endocrinologist knows that this insulin is garbage but my insurance will not switch me no matter what. I've complained to the FDA but it probably fell on deaf ears. I'm not even sure how this was even approved by the FDA considering that there are numerous complaints about it.”

Duracell · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 1: “My daughter was on Humalog and doing well with her levels. I went to the pharmacy to pick refill and without notice our insurance switched her to Admelog. She has been on it for 3 weeks. Her levels will not come under 300, ketones, nausea, headaches. Also NO ONE keeps the vials in stock for the pumps. Not CVS, Wal-greens, Wal-Mart etc. It has to be ordered DAYS ahead and thats IF they get it in. One of the above pharmacies was suppose to have it in in 2 days went to pick up and they said SORRY we are not sure when it will get her. We had NO insulin over the weekend. Now my daughter is sick. We never had issues with Humalog. THIS insulin is HORRIBLE. FIGHT IT!”

Renee · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1: “I have been diabetic since I was 12. Getting an insulin pump was the best thing I ever did. Then, my insurance decided to no longer cover Humalog, which has been working great for me for years. They put me on Admelog. I was on it a month before I called the doctor and told them it did not work. They blew me off. Now, several months later, I have called again. I have left messages at my doctor's office, I have talked to my insurance company, I have called the pharmacy, and I have called the FDA. Admelog DOES NOT work, and not just for me. I have taken at least 200 units of insulin today, and my blood sugar is still 297. If you take Admelog and it is not working for you, please go to the FDA MedWatch page and report it.”

Type 1 February 26, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 1: “My sugars have been terrible since switching from Humalog to Admelog as a Type 1 diabetic. It may be equivalent to others but is not for me. My A1c is through the roof and no one will listen because of $$$ I may go to Canada to get Humalog just so I can live longer. Is anyone listening????”

K · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1: “Insurance switched me over to this without even letting me know. My sugars on Humalog were very stable, but the second I switched over to Admelog I couldn't get them under control. I was never in my target range, no matter how much insulin I gave myself. The last straw was when I was at work and became extremely nauseous and started throwing up because I couldn't get my sugars under control. This insulin is not the same thing as Humalog as I was told, it's just a way for insurance to cheap out at the expense of its users.”

Sara · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 24, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 1: “I was switched to Admelog from Novolog last year and my A1C has gone from 6 to 9% and has stabilized to over 8% since. My endo knows it is due to Admelog not being a good insulin but his hands are tied. Unfortunately my insurance will not switch me back to Novolog no matter what. This is by far the worst insulin I have ever used and I have used Novolog, Humalog, and Fiasp. The last few months have been the worst as I absolutely cannot get my blood sugars under 200. I am terrified I am going to die of DKA because of this awful insulin. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against the makers of this horrid insulin and it needs to be take off the market and studied more.”

Damo91 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 15, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1: “I have been type 1 diabetic for 22 years now and my insurance recently had me switch to Admelog a month ago. This insulin IS NOT THE SAME as Humalog, as the doctor's still try to convince you. It is very slow acting compared to Humalog and it takes 2-3 hours for blood sugar levels to lower, even a little bit. For example, every day on this insulin I have blood glucose levels to (BGL) of 260+ and after taking Admelog and fasting, 1 hour later my BGL only drops by 10 points. Wait another hour, still haven't ate anything, 10 more points. I have also had my BGL rise while on it. While on Humalog, my BGL drops and regulates within half hour. Admelog will kick in in over 3 hours and give me a very low BGL. This insulin has made me very sick and nauseous!!! I have done so well managing my BGL to be under 180 every day in the past and now on this insulin it to goes up to 400 constantly!”

chagent · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My experience in the last few hours: At 8:29 pm my BS was 101. I then took 30 u Admelog (a huge amount). I ate a big bowl of Cheerios with a banana, some sugar, and ingested about 15 oz of rice milk (I drank half of that). THREE HOURS and 23 MIN LATER, at 11:52, MY BS was 218! I just took another 30 units of it. I've had no further carbs. I received and opened the styrofoam Admelog case on November 8. See how unsatisfactory the Admelog is?”

notachance · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1: “Worst insulin I have ever taken. My dose of insulin has more than tripled since I started taking it. It has always made my blood sugars rise. I can eat nothing and take insulin to correct the high - it doesn't fall it raises more. I carb count correctly, use the correct dose and again my blood sugar rises. This "follow on" insulin is not like the more expensive insulins.”

Hawaiian girl November 10, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Started Admelog 6 months ago for insurance reasons. I developed shortness of breath, increased heart rate, sinusitis and the feeling like I had something in my throat when I laid down. I also had severe lumbar sacral back pain. I could only stand or walk for about 10 minutes. I had to stop insulin for insurance reasons and that is when I realized it was the insulin. Symptoms stopped within about 24 hours.”

cicinla · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 1: “My insurance won't pay for Humalog anymore, switched to Admelog about 4 months ago. I have been a juvenile diabetic for 49 years. No problems at all with dosing or it not working BUT when the vial fell off counter it broke! I probably drop a vial once every 2 months on my kitchen floor. After 49 years I broke a vial? Oh great, my insurance will not pay for a new vial after 3 weeks and on labor day weekend. No, I'm not switching, I hate pens. I can take 1/2 unit at a time with a .30 syringe.”

Jayno8 · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 13, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “This is unacceptable to give people this medicine. Playing with others life for money. My blood sugar have been over 290 every day no matter what I eat. I could eat a salad and check and it goes from 136- to over 200. What is this stuff? It is making the pancreas weaker or destroying it slowly while slowly destroying us body and falling apart. Back was ok for awhile but since my body went into keto acidosis its severe back degenerate. Ketoacidosis It destroys the muscle and fat. Never had that in my life. I lost so much weight and in so much pain.”

Emmie · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 1: “So I know I literally just started using this insulin today, but I didn't make my blood sugars go up as the others here I've read reviews about how it doesn't work for some. I know I just started but I must say I was super scared and nervous when I was told I would have to use this insulin , due to the fact that my insurance didn't want to cover Novolog anymore, I couldn't sleep thinking about it last night , because I knew today was the day I would have to change my Insulin cartridge today , I'm currently on the tslimx2 and at first I didn't like it the pump of course but now I love it . It maybe It depends on each person perhaps that's the case”