User Reviews for Novolog to treat Diabetes, Type 1

Novolog has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 1. 50% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Novolog Rating Summary

6.1/10 average rating

Compare all 55 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 1.

Hets January 9, 2021

“This insulin is terrible. My boyfriend almost died today because he took the normal amount of insulin and it was too much for his body and his sugar dropped to 26. When your sugar is that low it can cause fatal symptoms including passing out, disorientation, memory loss, seizures and even death. My boyfriend ending up an hour away in the middle of nowhere and he was lost. He was passed out and almost died it was lucky his parents found him. SWITCH brands this insulin is too strong and has too many side effects. My bf got lucky today maybe he won’t next time....”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 2, 2019

“I have used humalog, and novalog. They both work the same for me. Right now I don't have insurance so I get a insulin at Walmart called novalin R. It only cost $27.37 and it works great.”

DiabeticGod · Taken for 10 years or more January 29, 2019

“I have been a diabetic since I was 9 months old and still continue to use Novalog to this day and have never had any problems with the medication.”

Scallywag February 20, 2010

“Novolog works very well and very fast (3-5) hours in lowering sugar levels but for those w/out insurance be wary Novolog is very expensive, espicially when you have to couple the insulin w/ another slow-acting, such as Lantus. Together these are very effective however.”

Maerlias · Taken for 10 years or more June 18, 2015

“I was put on Novolog when I was diagnosed with Type 1 and have loved it ever since. I've never had any negative side effects and when coupled with the Omnipod it is phenomenal for me. It is important to note however that every person's body is different. My doctor recently had me try Humalog to which I had multiple negative side effects. This does not mean one is better than the other, just that for my own body the Novolog happens to be what it accepts and works with best. You should always tell your doctor how ANY medication makes you feel if you experience negative side effects. For me, the Novolog is a gods send and I love it :)”

Jjok72 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 15, 2018

“The insulin works but they leak and come apart inside and are HORRIBLE inaccurate because they leak and get air in them be very careful I rarely use them because of problems. A syringe is way more accurate because they don't fall apart get air in them like the other cheap ones”

Agatefairy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2018

“Hello, Novolog has worked for me so far. It does increase my appetite though. I got a sample from my doctor's office to begin. I then went to the pharmacy to fill my prescription and found that it costs over $500.00. I did find a discount RX card on Novonordisk´s website, but it states that you, "may pay as little as $25.00." I read the fine print and it states, "reimbursement $100 per prescription." Has anyone here ever used it? I had to find a card so I could afford my Lantus as well. I would just like to know what to expect. If it's $25.00 or only up to $100 per rx of what they cover. I'm newly diagnosed, and I would appreciate any help.”