User Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/telmisartan to treat High Blood Pressure

Also known as: Micardis HCT

Hydrochlorothiazide/telmisartan Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/telmisartan

Judy January 29, 2020

“Dr. upped my dosage from 40 to 80 mg a day. BP is good at my morning reading but at the afternoon reading it's sky high again. I guess this drug doesn't work for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2019

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “I have been taking this drug for a month. It controls my blood pressure, along with two other medicines, but I’ve been so dizzy and tired that I discontinued it today.”

JNelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2017

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “I did not get any blood pressure lowering effect from Micardis. I took it for four weeks at 80mg per day. I had no side effects, but put simply, the drug just did not work. I went back to Toprol 50mg one daily. Still searching for something better.”

77varbed · Taken for 10 years or more April 27, 2017

“Very satisfied, I've been using Micardis Plus 80 mg/12.5 mg for the last 15 years and still going.”

MalMoore · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 27, 2016

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “I lost 3 years of my life on this medication. My blood pressure was controlled but I had chest pain, I could not think properly, I could not sleep, I had severe fatigue, I could not function. My wife thought I was just lazy. Lucky I found someone else on the internet with similar symptoms and persuaded the doctor to change medications. After going on Karvea I got my life back. I hope this can help someone else who is suffering on Micardis.”

Maryk59 · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 20, 2015

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “Now that I being told by my primary care Dr. And an ENT that this drug I have taken for three years is the cause of breathing difficulty, a chronic cough, hoarseness, and extreme fatigue, I should be relieved but I am really angry. I've been told my symptoms were those of a panic attack twice. I have had numerous tests, prescriptions from several different doctors with no relief only to find out that I have diabetes II and should never have been put on Micardis HCT to begin with. Trouble with sleeping was caused by severe sleep apnea... I could go on and on, but the cough and hoarseness is still a big problem. How long will these symptoms continue?”

PBMonk · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 28, 2013

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “I've been on it for five years. Works great. Dropped the hydrochlorothiazide (HCT) because my blood pressure was controlled without it. Then the first substitute I tried is Amlodipine and I now have swollen feet and ankles so guess what, until I can see my MD I'm back on MiCardis.”

Anonymous June 4, 2012

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “I like this medicine much better then my old one. Hold my blood pressure steady. I dropped 20 lbs and was able to go to half a pill wish I like because the dizziness went away.”

mehinindiana September 18, 2010

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “Just started Micardis. I will add more later to see if it works but I want to say that the packaging is difficult - hard to remove bubble packs. I have already pulverized two tablets removing them from the blister pack .”

Anonymous December 10, 2009

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “I find that the medication works very well and have had little side effects until I was out in the sun for an extended period of time and fainted. Have never fainted before and attributed it to dehydration. Drink lots of water!”

Anonymous June 11, 2009

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “I took this medicine for two years and it worked great but I developed a cough then I had to change it for another.”

Anonymous February 16, 2009

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “I have been on this medicine for about a year. Great medicine. Blood pressure went from 160/94 to 110/72 also lost about 25 pounds.”

Pepsv8 July 7, 2008

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “I have been on Micardis for over 1 year now and I can honestly say that my blood pressure is regulated. I have loved the convenience of just taking one pill every 24hrs and have never had any side effects at all.”

Anonymous July 1, 2008

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “I've been taking 80/25 for over a month and it's working fine. Only side effect I've experienced is slight dizziness at times. Micardis is wonderful.”

Anonymous June 25, 2008

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “This is very effective, safe and well tolerated medicine. Preferred in Metabolic syndrome.”

Anonymous May 6, 2008

Micardis HCT (hydrochlorothiazide / telmisartan): “Immediate results in lowering my blood pressure and holding steady after 2 weeks. Having feeling of light-headedness but doesn't last very long. Seems to be a great drug...so far so good.”