User Reviews for Monovisc

Osteoarthritis
5.1

Summary of Monovisc reviews 5.1 12 reviews

Reviews for Monovisc

For Osteoarthritis "Had my first monovisc shot, which was also my first gel shot ever. It didn’t hurt too much to get. Six hours after I got the shot I was in the ER with feet Mickey Mouse would have envied, having an asthma attack and with my throat partially swollen shut. It was not fun times. Worse, after a week of pain but decidedly less creaking, my knees hurt worse than ever, and now when they buckle the pain is excruciating for hours instead of a few seconds like before. It’s truly miserable. My allergist said there’s no data on allergies to monovisc, but that is all I can think it was since everything started an hour after the shot and deteriorated rapidly."

DragonCaneLady (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I got a painless shot at the end of March 2018, and I had relief for about a month. Since then (June), my knee has steadily worsen...pain, stiffness, waking up at night to apply an ice pack."

alex (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I received the Monovisc shot today 05/09 didn't hurt one bit. 2 1/2 hrs later. I was driving my car my knee started hurting it got worse as 15 minutes went by. Within 45 min. I couldn't walk at all. Called my doctor, he said he might have ruptured a vein with the needle. This started at 2pm this afternoon. It's now 10 pm I have had the leg elevated since 3pm I still can't walk and in extreme pain!! Going back to see Dr. tomorrow. This better get better : ("

Kitty May 10, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I would not recommend Monovisc. I'm 37 years old with significant OA in my knee, and it started with a bone chip injury when I was 21. The injection itself was painful enough to make me cry, and I'm not a crier. (note to Orthopedics - cold spray before injection does NOTHING!!) I experienced extreme pain in the 2 weeks following the injection. Four and a half months later, my knee is worse than it was before - more acute pain, joint feels weaker, and I need to rest and wear my knee brace more often. I love to be active, and OA hinders this. :-("

AundreaR (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Had pain relief within in a couple days and it lasted for about 5 1/2 months. I'm now waiting for 2nd shot scheduled next week."

gramps (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Drug was painless with no swelling after first injection but wore off in 4 months. SynviscOne lasts 6 months. I will return to that despite pain & swelling the first day of treatment."

Arno (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Amazing result for my OE knee . I have severe osteoarthritis in my knee do to ACL . I received one full dose of 20 mg injection on January 2nd, 2018 . I went to fracture clinic in hospital to receive injection . Treatment wasn't painful at all . After 2 days of resting and applying ice on my knee , all my old pain and discomfort was gone . I wish that I knew about Monovisc much earlier . It is nice to live without pain again . I just hope that will lost at least six months."

Bennie M January 13, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Had shot 5/16/2017 felt instant relief after the 3rd day. As of 6/10/2017 I am noticing pain and swelling again. Sad... was hoping it would have lasted longer."

MickeyB1509 June 11, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I had been getting Orthovisc for a few years and found it had worked wonderfully to stave off knee deterioration and pain after having two previous surgeries for ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair. I then moved to a different state where their preferred drug was Monovisc because it's just the one injection instead of three. It has been almost two months and my knee and now calf, hasn't hurt this bad since my initial inquires: constantly swollen, can only minimally bend it and can't straighten it or put pressure on it to lay on my stomach. I'm not sure why there's such a huge difference, nor does my doctor who now just helps me manage the pain with cortisone, a brace and meds, but I will never have Monovisc again."

Bad knee May 30, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "About 11 months ago I received the single dose Monovisc. It was painful to receive the shot and the pressure was great as it was injected. It took about 3 weeks for me to feel better. Before the shot I had a high level of constant pain from bone-on-bone on the outer edge of my knee. A pocket of fluid had formed on the outside for weeks and I had been waking up with knee pain during the night for quite some time. This greatly improved my knee pain. It didn't take me to 0 pain but definitely reduced it. About 5 weeks ago, I felt the pain creeping up, the fluid forming and began to wake up during the night on occasion. I called the doctor and scheduled the next one, which I'll get in a few days. Better than pain or surgery!"

Library Lady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Monovisc combined with PT has significantly improved my knees after injuring an old torn meniscus. Arthritis was diagnosed as well on the MRI. Dr would not operate! I get injections every 4 months and pain is very rare...ice needed occasionally. Thinking of using it in my shoulder after RC surgery. Other shoulder has partial tear. Anybody have any ideas on this?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "My knee is worse since receiving the one shot 3 months ago. It is always swollen and stiff."

EllieEs August 27, 2015