User Reviews for Monovisc

Learn more about Monovisc.

Osteoarthritis 5 reviews 350 medications

6.3
Summary of Monovisc reviews 5 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Monovisc

For Osteoarthritis "Had shot 5/16/2017 felt instant relief after the 3rd day. As of 6/10/2017 I am noticing pain and swelling again. Sad... was hoping it would have lasted longer."

MickeyB1509 June 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I had been getting Orthovisc for a few years and found it had worked wonderfully to stave off knee deterioration and pain after having two previous surgeries for ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair. I then moved to a different state where their preferred drug was Monovisc because it's just the one injection instead of three. It has been almost two months and my knee and now calf, hasn't hurt this bad since my initial inquires: constantly swollen, can only minimally bend it and can't straighten it or put pressure on it to lay on my stomach. I'm not sure why there's such a huge difference, nor does my doctor who now just helps me manage the pain with cortisone, a brace and meds, but I will never have Monovisc again."

Bad knee May 30, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "About 11 months ago I received the single dose Monovisc. It was painful to receive the shot and the pressure was great as it was injected. It took about 3 weeks for me to feel better. Before the shot I had a high level of constant pain from bone-on-bone on the outer edge of my knee. A pocket of fluid had formed on the outside for weeks and I had been waking up with knee pain during the night for quite some time. This greatly improved my knee pain. It didn't take me to 0 pain but definitely reduced it. About 5 weeks ago, I felt the pain creeping up, the fluid forming and began to wake up during the night on occasion. I called the doctor and scheduled the next one, which I'll get in a few days. Better than pain or surgery!"

Library Lady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Monovisc combined with PT has significantly improved my knees after injuring an old torn meniscus. Arthritis was diagnosed as well on the MRI. Dr would not operate! I get injections every 4 months and pain is very rare...ice needed occasionally. Thinking of using it in my shoulder after RC surgery. Other shoulder has partial tear. Anybody have any ideas on this?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "My knee is worse since receiving the one shot 3 months ago. It is always swollen and stiff."

EllieEs August 27, 2015