User Reviews for Intuniv

Learn more about Intuniv.

ADHD 99 reviews 36 medications

6.4
Summary of Intuniv reviews 99 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Intuniv

For ADHD "I had been taking intuniv for a week at 10mg. 32 year old female, for add. Yesterday out of the blue at night I started getting brain zaps. My anxiety got so high I felt my heart was going to explode. I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin. It was an utter nightmare and I ended up in the ER. I was afraid I was losing touch with reality. I'm still feeling anxious now too. I am never touching this med again. I just hope it gets out of my system soon. I can't believe they give it to kids. I almost went psychotic! It was a nightmare drug for me. Be careful please. Even at a low dose it can cause a nasty reaction. I'm also bipolar so that might have played a role in it too."

Sarai888333 July 15, 2016

For ADHD "We began with night wakings then more aggression. He was never aggressive like this before. Raised to 2 mg symptoms increased again. Still hyper and seemed worse than before. Upon reducing back to 1 mg to none it's been a nightmare. Red red cheeks. Bouncing off walls. Bouncing Up till 3 am. Starting to come down a bit but oh my god the havoc on his mind and body and us plus no sleep. Doc said there wouldn't be any withdrawal "

Amays July 12, 2016

For ADHD "My daughter started this, she was tired and first but we moved it to a later time. After two months we moved her up to 2mg as she was still unfocused. Well I haven't slept in weeks, she is up alot at night won't sleep in her room anymore. We switched to taking it in the morning and thought it was a faze, i will be making an appointment to talk to her pediatrician. It was our choice as a nonstimulant and im not going to put her on one. Hopefully there is something else out there that will work as great during the day but not nightmares. We live in Canada and thankfully our insurance pays for it but that's not a reason to stay on it."

Very Tired mom June 6, 2016

For ADHD "Our 8 year old son started Intuniv the other day having been recently diagnosed with ADHD. His behavior during the day was definitely much less impulsive than ever, and he napped at 5pm (1mg administration at 9am). He awoke complaining of an upset tummy but ate dinner anyway. 2am & 5am vomiting. Poor kid. He doesn't know it's because of his new 'Vitamin'. Does the vomiting go away? Is there a way to preempt the nausea? We gave him plenty of water and healthy snacks when he was hungry...not up for doing this to him if this pattern sustains."

JenADHDmom (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2016

For ADHD "The best medicine for my child. Insurance will no longer pay for it so it costs $374.00 for 30 pills. Sadly, we cannot afford this, so my child is going to have to suffer. Life is going to be very hard. The drug companies and their price gouging need to be investigated."

jane doe doe February 16, 2016

For ADHD "This has to be taken at least 3 weeks to see if it works/get adjusted to the Body. This has been a Transformation for my Little brother Age 6 still in kindergarden he used to be very moody and seemed to get very hyper all the time. I would recommend this med to anyone suffering from ADHD and other behavioural issues. Side effects seem to be tolerable and gets less by time has had mild headaches and vivid dreams."

mary00 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

For ADHD "This medicine was magical! My husband and I were shocked how fast this medicine worked for our son who is 8 now. It literally worked over night we couldn't even believe it. This medicine was life-changing for our family and such a great way. Three years later he is still on it but he's on 3mg now because of his age and weight. The only problem I believe he did get from it was constipation. We have that under control now."

4bricks (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2016

For ADHD "My 17 yr old daughter has been on Ritalin XL for three years, after having tried Concerta and Adderral. The doctor switched her to Intuniv and its reeked havoc on her body. She developed constipation so quickly, we thought she had appendicitis--ended up in emergency room! To date she has slept about 18-20 hours per day, has eaten only 1/2 grilled cheese and some blueberries in 24 hours. She's also light headed and dizzy. Last night she thought someone was showering at 4am. From reading these experiences, I believe Intuniv isn't right for her body. We know many kids it's worked for--unfortunately, not ours."

JodyKay11 January 5, 2016

For ADHD "This medication had been a life changer. Adding it to the Concerta helped with the emotional sensitivity, fidgeting and focus. No side effects other than a little sleepiness and that wore off after a couple weeks. We recently got the generic and it did not work nearly as well. We had side effects from it, but not the brand name."

MomOf2ADHDers (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2015

For ADHD "My 8 yr son has high functioing Autism & ADHD.This is a blessing for him. He used to run all over the place before we found this. He drives us crazy! Now he's way calmer & doesn't run from me. I can now take him out without him driving me crazy. I'm Bipolar, so u know that it was hard on me. He has been on this for over a year now."

Mommatina (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 17, 2015

For ADHD "Hey, my 6-year old was on this medication for about 7 weeks when he began to hallucinate (2mg). So we had switched to something else which actually made him worse then he was with out any meds. So we put him back on intiniv and started back at 1mg... This was about 2 weeks ago... And he has been doing fantastic!"

Missmomma0915 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2015

For ADHD "My son was 6 when diagnosed. Adderall finally came to our rescue. Eventually it did not work long enough, so we give him a wake-up dose of 5mg IR, an 8am XR dose, then a 3pm IR dose to help with aftercare and homework. This has continued to work for 3 years. We tried Intuniv because his ODD and impulsivity was leading to threats of suspending him from school. After 2 days we realized his BP was lower (too low), but he didn't pass out. After 2 weeks, his reacting to people was no longer on the calm side, he was emotional about everything, more impulsive and more defiant, not him at all. We decided to take him off. At least we can say that we tried, but it just did not work for my son, but it may for others."

Mary Chi December 10, 2015

For ADHD "My 8 year old son is on this medication. I get it with a coupon and pay $28 for it. My son was on Adderall 5 mg, however developed tick so he was switched to Intuniv. He isn't as focused. Really miss the Adderall. His grades have declined. Wish there was something else I could try."

SingleMomInWI (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2015

For ADHD "My 8 year old son was prescribed 2mg in the morning. He has been on it for two weeks. At first it helped him concentrate in school but he was still aggressive with his sister and others. Week two, he now cries almost everyday at school and at home. He constantly talks about death. He keeps asking me if I will wait for him in heaven when I die. It is awful to see my innocent little boy go through this. I took him off of it right away. Vyvanse worked for him a lot better at the lowest dosage."

caused Major depression! September 23, 2015

For ADHD "My 6 year old son is on the 1mg for his short attention issues. He does complain sometimes about the tummy ache but it goes away. I have seen a big difference in his school work and his able to stay focus. How ever I have to try other meds because my insurance will not pay for the medication. they feel as if its to expensive."

lovely mom August 5, 2015

For ADHD "No side affects on my six year old the first two weeks except for a tummy ache, the last two nights she has woke up screaming completely tripping throwing pillows scratching her head hallucinating and seeing stuff I do not recommend this pill to anyone.!!!! Expecially a kid she is on the lowest dose 1 mg. she won't be taking it anymore!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For ADHD "I took this for tics and ADHD. I went up to 3 mg a day and felt horrible. Very tired and body aches. It helps somewhat with nervous tics but not that great and side effects were bad. I quit it after 1 week at 3mg. And I am 200 lb man and it still was too much for me. The 1 mg and 2 my doses didn't really do anything positive or negative."

Bad experience (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

For ADHD "I don't care for this medicine I developed a rash on both my arms and was so confused I don't suggest adults use this for adhd"

Linda jm June 17, 2015

For ADHD "My 8 year old daughter has been taking the medication for 4 months now and although we have seen a good improvement in her behavior, the weight gain has been substantial. She has gained over 10 lbs in 4 months which is incredibly unhealthy. Her blood pressure has also been on the very low side. Unfortunately for us we can't risk the bad side effects even though we have seen a positive behavior change."

CSL2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2015

For ADHD "28 yrs old I couldn't take it I was tired all the time"

h83p4x March 13, 2015

For ADHD "Hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy: My son is 8 years old and has started taking Intuniv for his behavior, concentration and mood swings. He does have CP. He has never been diagnosed with ADHD so that concerned me when the neurologist wanted to put him on Intuniv. He's taking 1mg at night and I have to tell you he is a new boy! He's cooperative, sleeping well and he is doing better in class."

Concernedatfirstmom (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

For ADHD "I am 21 year's old- this medication is not just for young children- it has taken away the side-effects of my ADHD medication. The only side-effect I was aware of was auditory! When I took the 1st 1mg pill, my hearing was heightened and exhaustive (sounds dragged out) for an hour or so. When I increased to 2mg the same thing happened: a noticeable difference in my hearing for just a short hour or so. My doctor prescribed this to me when the side-effects of Concerta did not leave me; I had anxiety that was clearly not situational but from the drop-off of Concerta in the middle of the day as it is not a steady released medicine but a ADHD medication that releases a dose twice."

Julie3377 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2015

For ADHD "At 7 yrs old my son was diagnosed with ADHD. We tried a few medications like Concerta & Vyvanse. Both were terrible & either made him a zombie or completely took his appetite away. I discussed with his doctor my concerns about his lack of weight gain & she suggested Intuniv. We started at 1mg, increased to 2mg & finally settled on 3 mg. He's done wonderful with this dose for almost 2 & 1/2 years. Since last Christmas things have taken a downfall & so now we're looking at increasing to 4mg. It makes me nervous. I just hope I'm making the right decision for him."

turtlemama (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I notice that my daughter was having problems in fifth grade would not sit still and would always be getting up to throw paper out and would know who was the last one that went to the restroom. I spoke to the teacher and told them to please evaluate my daughter cause it seems like she has ADHD. They said she was fine. When I started to see her grades they were dropping. I immediately took her to Miami Children's Hospital to the neurologist and they tested her, filled out some papers and yes she was has ADHD. I've tried Concerta, Strattera, Vyvanse and Adderall but the best medicine that has worked for my daughter is Intuniv! She had all F's and now 15 years old and first year of high school she has all A's and B's. Thank you Intuniv!!!"

Yvette/Honey February 2, 2015

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "My 9 year old son has been taking Intuniv for about a year now and has greatly improved his behavior, mood, impulse control and more. Both myself and his dad suffer from ADHD as well but need Adderall to manage. I was so happy to see a non-stimulant medicine work so well. The only problem we've had is excessive weight gain (excess of 30 lbs in 1 year). To the point its very worrisome. Appointment is set to switch to something new."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 26, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next