User Reviews for Glyburide

Also known as: DiaBeta, Glycron, Glynase, Glynase PresTab, Micronase

Learn more about Glyburide.

Glyburide Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 162 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Glyburide to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"Combine with actos my blood sure runs 120 or below, I love it!! I take a total 35 mgs of blood sugar meds and I have not had to have it changed in over 10 years. So with a good diet and lots of love it does make huge difference Actos is 30 mg and this one is 5 mg."

Anonymous June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking the medications 5mg with metformin 1000 mg and they not working for me I have to use other things and diet to lower my blood sugar ."

Anonymous June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Glyburide 2.5mg works pretty well in lowering my blood sugar levels along with my metformin and Januvia."

Troy467 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am taking 1/2 pill twice a day (5mg total) with Fortamet, the difference is amazing!"

scare to death of insulin (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Glyburide works VERY well. I take it with Metformin. This combination of drugs keeps my blood sugar in control. These drugs are life savers!"

spkrdctr October 23, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug saved my life after being diagnosed when I was admitted to an ER with high fasting blood. I am off Insulin and only on this. I do get low blood sugar later in the day. All in all a great medication."

Anonymous November 13, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have been taking 1.25mg Glyburide tablet twice a day for the past 2 years. I am not on a strict diet, but my food intake now includes a lot of non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli and dark greens (all types) and unsalted nuts and legumes. I also stopped drinking sodas and now drink plenty of water. This combined with an hour of aerobic exercise 4 days per week has decreased body weight by 50 lbs, and lowered my cholesterol and blood pressure too. Exercising and losing the weight especially around my tummy area really made a big difference as my body is able to process the medicine and food more efficiently. I haven't experienced any adverse effects from this drug, but then again I take the lowest dosage possible."

Feeling Healthy August 12, 2008