User Reviews for Glyburide to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Also known as: DiaBeta, Glynase, Glynase PresTab Glycron

Glyburide Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 159 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Glyburide

teddy · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 25, 2019

“If I could have given a no star that would have been correct but I was for ced to put a number in. I see another person made the same comment regarding this medicine glyburide. Teva works best for me too and this manufacture cause a pretty severe side effects. I had the worst headache I have every had and I couldn't even touch the top of my hair. My hair strains was literally on edge just a gentle touch made the headache worse. I will never take this medication again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 14, 2019

“The n3445 glyburide 5mg Teva brand works way better for me than other brands so when they say the brand does not matter they are so wrong. I also had that problem with one other drug I take so keep that in mind. This one works good for me.”

Anonymous June 28, 2017

“Combine with actos my blood sure runs 120 or below, I love it!! I take a total 35 mgs of blood sugar meds and I have not had to have it changed in over 10 years. So with a good diet and lots of love it does make huge difference Actos is 30 mg and this one is 5 mg.”

Anonymous June 28, 2017

“I have been taking the medications 5mg with metformin 1000 mg and they not working for me I have to use other things and diet to lower my blood sugar .”

Troy467 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 12, 2013

“Glyburide 2.5mg works pretty well in lowering my blood sugar levels along with my metformin and Januvia.”

scare to death of insulin · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2013

“I am taking 1/2 pill twice a day (5mg total) with Fortamet, the difference is amazing!”

spkrdctr October 23, 2009

“Glyburide works VERY well. I take it with Metformin. This combination of drugs keeps my blood sugar in control. These drugs are life savers!”

Anonymous November 13, 2008

“This drug saved my life after being diagnosed when I was admitted to an ER with high fasting blood. I am off Insulin and only on this. I do get low blood sugar later in the day. All in all a great medication.”

Feeling Healthy August 12, 2008

“Have been taking 1.25mg Glyburide tablet twice a day for the past 2 years. I am not on a strict diet, but my food intake now includes a lot of non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli and dark greens (all types) and unsalted nuts and legumes. I also stopped drinking sodas and now drink plenty of water. This combined with an hour of aerobic exercise 4 days per week has decreased body weight by 50 lbs, and lowered my cholesterol and blood pressure too. Exercising and losing the weight especially around my tummy area really made a big difference as my body is able to process the medicine and food more efficiently. I haven't experienced any adverse effects from this drug, but then again I take the lowest dosage possible.”