User Reviews for Glyburide / metformin to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Also known as: Glucovance

dr sam odebeatu · October 30, 2007

Glucovance (glyburide / metformin): “I have noticed in my practice that a few patients on the Glucovance 500/5 combination have had fairly disturbing muscle aches without other symptoms of lactic acidoses. This has however reduced on continuing therapy.”

Anonymous · September 17, 2010

“Worked to reduce my blood sugar levels and sometimes caused low readings (into the 40s) but unfortunately I found I was allergic to the glyburide (sulfa-). After eliminating that part of the medication I no longer had an allergic reaction.”

seniorone · November 21, 2016

“I was on metformin for over three years, it was working real well for a while then I end up in the hospital, I was so sick. I was tested for everything that they could think of in the hospital, My white blood cells went through the roof, indicating an infection, but there wasn't any infection, the results was a reaction from the medication. I was taken off of it and everything returned to normal.”

hhc · January 1, 2009

Glucovance (glyburide / metformin): “Better than glucophage alone.”

Mercedes Ham · Taken for 2 to 5 years · November 15, 2021

“This medication has a TERRIBLE smell! It has never smelled this way before. I am afraid it is a generic medication (or whatever they put in it)! I am planning to take it back to the pharmacy.”