User Reviews for Glyburide / metformin

Also known as: Glucovance

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Glyburide/metformin.

Glyburide/metformin Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 162 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Glyburide/metformin to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"I was on metformin for over three years, it was working real well for a while then I end up in the hospital, I was so sick. I was tested for everything that they could think of in the hospital, My white blood cells went through the roof, indicating an infection, but there wasn't any infection, the results was a reaction from the medication. I was taken off of it and everything returned to normal."

seniorone November 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worked to reduce my blood sugar levels and sometimes caused low readings (into the 40s) but unfortunately I found I was allergic to the glyburide (sulfa-). After eliminating that part of the medication I no longer had an allergic reaction."

Anonymous September 17, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Glucovance (glyburide / metformin): "Better than glucophage alone."

hhc January 1, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Glucovance (glyburide / metformin): "I have noticed in my practice that a few patients on the Glucovance 500/5 combination have had fairly disturbing muscle aches without other symptoms of lactic acidoses. This has however reduced on continuing therapy."

dr sam odebeatu October 30, 2007