User Reviews for Glyburide / metformin
Also known as: Glucovance
The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care.
|Diabetes, Type 2||4 reviews||145 medications|
|Summary of Glyburide/metformin reviews||7.1||4 reviews|
Reviews for Glyburide/metformin
For Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on metformin for over three years, it was working real well for a while then I end up in the hospital, I was so sick. I was tested for everything that they could think of in the hospital, My white blood cells went through the roof, indicating an infection, but there wasn't any infection, the results was a reaction from the medication. I was taken off of it and everything returned to normal."
seniorone November 21, 2016
0 users found this comment helpful.
For Diabetes, Type 2: "Worked to reduce my blood sugar levels and sometimes caused low readings (into the 40s) but unfortunately I found I was allergic to the glyburide (sulfa-). After eliminating that part of the medication I no longer had an allergic reaction."
Anonymous September 17, 2010
4 users found this comment helpful.
Glucovance (glyburide / metformin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Better than glucophage alone."
hhc January 1, 2009
16 users found this comment helpful.
Glucovance (glyburide / metformin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have noticed in my practice that a few patients on the Glucovance 500/5 combination have had fairly disturbing muscle aches without other symptoms of lactic acidoses. This has however reduced on continuing therapy."
dr sam odebeatu October 30, 2007
29 users found this comment helpful.
Learn more about
Micromedex® Care Notes
- Diabetes And Your Skin
- Diabetic Gastroparesis
- Diabetic Hyperglycemia
- Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Hypoglycemia In A Person With Diabetes
- Non Insulin Pen Devices For Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes In Adults
- Type 2 Diabetes In Children
Drugs.com Health Center
- Diabetes Symptoms & Complications
- Diabetes Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diabetes Treatment
- Which Prescription Drugs Cause Weight Gain?
- Top 6 Breakthrough Diabetes Treatments You May Have Missed
Mayo Clinic Reference
More about glyburide/metformin
- Glyburide/metformin Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 4 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antidiabetic combinations
Other brands: Glucovance
- Glyburide and Metformin (FDA)
- Glyburide and Metformin Tablets (FDA)
- Glyburide and Metformin (Wolters Kluwer)