User Reviews for GlipiZIDE XL

Learn more about GlipiZIDE XL.

Diabetes, Type 2 3 reviews 138 medications

Summary of GlipiZIDE XL reviews 3 reviews 6.0

Reviews for GlipiZIDE XL

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking Glipizide ER initially with instructions to take it only if my blood glucose level was 180 or higher. I did not have to take it every day, but took it several times a week. Then I was started having a hard time controlling my daily glucose levels. My Hg A1c was higher, so the instructions were changed to 2 in the a.m. and 1 at night. I purchased the medication from a different source and it was a larger pill with now Glipazide XL instead of ER. I have experienced a number of side effects and feel worse with it than before I started taking it. The longer I have taken it the worse I feel. I feel drugged, want to sleep all the time, have a slight headache, more thirsty, constipation on occasion, dry eyes, and more. Yuck!"

SDee7 September 8, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have used Glipizide XL for about 6 years now as a secondary medicine. Glipizide helps to keep my blood sugar numbers within range and keeps me from having to use insulin as much as I would without it, which is a good thing. I haven't had any side effects from the glipizide at all. I'm very happy with this medication."

Loni Q (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken Glipizide and Glipizide XL in conjunction with metformin for a number of years with no side effects. Anyone taking Glipizide (not XL) should be aware that blood sugar levels can plummet quickly and that dosage timing may need to be readjusted. With Glipizide XL, I have not experienced these fluctuations; however, the positive control appears to take effect much slower as this is a time-released form."

mozayic November 3, 2011

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate