User Reviews for GlipiZIDE XL

Diabetes, Type 2
5.4

Summary of GlipiZIDE XL reviews 5.4 7 reviews

Reviews for GlipiZIDE XL

For Diabetes, Type 2 "When I first started taking Glipizide-ER 5mg along with Trulicity- once a week, also metformin 1000mg in a.m. and 1000 mg at night. My blood sugars (BS) was dropping to 100-110. I also have insulin as needed on a sliding scale. I refilled my medicine, but maybe a different manufacturer, my BS are reading 195-255. I'm constipated, moody as heck, dizzy in the morning. I bounce off the walls like a pinball machine, not to mention that I have gained a lot of weight. I have not changed my diet, not much exercise because I feel like rubbish all the time. Tonight I threw the medicine in the trash. It's bad stuff with too many side effects."

IpsoFatso (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was originally on metformin 500mg one daily when my A1C went to 7%. This didn't help so my doctor added glipizide 5mg once daily to my regimen. Both my sugars and A1C did not come down. Then again I didn't change my eating habits or start exercising (but I am tall and thin, no weight problem here). After too much GI trouble I stopped taking the metformin and told my doctor I'd never take it again. So, he upped my glipizide to ER 10mg once daily. After changing my diet pretty dramatically (cut out refined sugars and carb intake) my sugars came down. However, now I'm having quite a few hypoglycemic attacks. Scary ones like with a BS of 31. And I live alone. So that's worrying me now. Maybe my adjusted diet has resulted in me not needing 10mg but maybe 5mg daily again? It's kind of scary though. I moved so I have to find new doctors and get new blood work so I'm hoping to hang in there and then learn possibly to not be so extreme in my eating and if the dose should go down."

sugarboy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Took this med for diabetes for almost two years. I found that it contributed or fungal infections in genital areas. This was not listed as a side affect. After I stopped taking it I no longer have this condition. It also caused sudden drops of my glucose levels."

Wayo (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Fabulous drug. My patients are doing so much better with Glipizide XL. Getting them to goal. Easy to take and no pre meal dosing."

Diabetes RN (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking Glipizide ER initially with instructions to take it only if my blood glucose level was 180 or higher. I did not have to take it every day, but took it several times a week. Then I was started having a hard time controlling my daily glucose levels. My Hg A1c was higher, so the instructions were changed to 2 in the a.m. and 1 at night. I purchased the medication from a different source and it was a larger pill with now Glipazide XL instead of ER. I have experienced a number of side effects and feel worse with it than before I started taking it. The longer I have taken it the worse I feel. I feel drugged, want to sleep all the time, have a slight headache, more thirsty, constipation on occasion, dry eyes, and more. Yuck!"

SDee7 September 8, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have used Glipizide XL for about 6 years now as a secondary medicine. Glipizide helps to keep my blood sugar numbers within range and keeps me from having to use insulin as much as I would without it, which is a good thing. I haven't had any side effects from the glipizide at all. I'm very happy with this medication."

Loni Q (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken Glipizide and Glipizide XL in conjunction with metformin for a number of years with no side effects. Anyone taking Glipizide (not XL) should be aware that blood sugar levels can plummet quickly and that dosage timing may need to be readjusted. With Glipizide XL, I have not experienced these fluctuations; however, the positive control appears to take effect much slower as this is a time-released form."

mozayic November 3, 2011