User Reviews for Furosemide

Pulmonary Edema 5.0
Summary of Furosemide reviews 6.8 91 reviews

Reviews for Furosemide

tinman · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2020

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “Dr. has me back on lasix again for edema and will try another round. The first round was 20mg. X 2 for 6mo.s (damn I was patient) for the swelling in my feet. I was weeing a lot but it didn't hardly reduce the swelling. I've also noticed a significant increase in the cravings for potassium laden food so I believe it HAS drained me of that! Will try to get Doc to increase it to 40mg all at once as other reviewers have stated that 20mg is not enough... and it sure hasn't been for me.”

Anonymous May 23, 2020

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “My mom's legs swelled. I really do not like this medication.”

Sami May 5, 2020

For Edema: “furosemide worked very well, a few day's and swelling went down considerably, pain abated.”

Ninaeb · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Edema: “I had a hip replacement go real bad & had to have it replaced after 11 years. I had a home nurse who weighed me & I gained 18 lbs in 2 weeks. My blood pressure wasn't dangerously high but higher than normal & I was extremely short of breath. I was prescribed Furosemide 20mg & Potassium Chloride CRYS ER 10 TBCR. I've lost the 18 lbs over 4 days but it gave me a really bad bladder infection with fever. Now I'm taking Nitrofurantoin Monohyd Mac for infection. My blood pressure is normal & breathing better. I guess I'd say it is helping but watch out for the bladder infection.”

Bobb March 25, 2020

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “Bilateral edema knees to toes. Dr put me on 1 x a day 20 mg Lasix. Didn't work at all. Then put me on 2 x a day 20 mg Lasix. Might work a little, however, the problem is that 2 x a day of 20 mg Lasix does not mean you have a dose of 40 mg Lasix--you just have 2, 20 mg doses. So, I started taking two 20 mg at the same time to get a 40 mg dose and now my swelling is slowly going down. Dosage is important.”

Piper-Gracie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2020

For Edema: “I have read all these comments and have found all of them useful. I have questions for my doctor. Seems like there are issues with generic Lasix, and also Lasix doesn't work for everyone. I didn't take mine today and feel better than I have for the last 6 weeks. My legs were rock hard in the evenings, severe pitting, skin on fire and full of a tingling, rushing feeling. None of that tonight, but edema and pitting are still present. On Lasix, all the warning I would get was an extreme sudden urge in my bladder, like a shock from lightning and all the nerves in my core would go crazy. None of that tonight. I'm calling tomorrow for a doctor appointment.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2019

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “Been on these lasix pills for 5 days and I will not take them anymore. I am in the bathroom every few minutes. Sometimes I just sit on the toilet because I know in a few minutes I will have to go again. I will not live this way.”

J ss · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 30, 2019

For Edema: “I have sudden episodes of ankle and calf swelling and can gain around 8-12 pounds with in a few days randomly. Nothing works to reduce to bloat and painful swelling like lasix. I finally got a regular prescription from my doctor after explaining my symptoms. My doctor think the swelling is from over use of ibuprofen. Lasix 1 pill 20mg and -9 pounds. ( painful fluid ) No side effects.”

Borkin · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 26, 2019

For Edema: “If you want to pee, this drug will do it. A couple of hours after taking it, I start having to go about every half hour, sometimes less. I've kept track of my weight before and after it wears off and I can lose as much as 3 lbs in water weight in just one day. I also take spironolactone. One those days where I am seriously retaining fluids and feeling bloated, my doc told me to take a double dose instead and my calves and feet go from looking like engorged balloons to slim with the veins popping out. I have CHF and when I retain fluids, it becomes hard to breathe, so my Lasix is a lifesaver.”

Sunshine · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2019

Lasix (furosemide) for High Blood Pressure: “I was taking lasix twice day one morning one at night.I had bad side effects on it. Ask my Dr to take me off it she wouldn't said I needed for heart failure I told her I didn't care about my heart the lasix was conflicting for some other meds I was taking plus I wanted off it causing me a lot of side effects what did she do she terminated me told me I could find another Dr. So I don't have Dr. Now .”

Regimin · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 6, 2019

Lasix (furosemide) for Heart Failure: “I have found that I need 30 mg in the summer during high humitidy and normally 20 mg the rest of the year....wish I didn't need to cut the pills (no 30mgs available”

Sis · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 2, 2019

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “I have been on lasix for about a year. I think its amazing! It's does make my blood pressure a little low and I've had problems with my potassium levels but it's worth it for how well it works. I ran out of my medicine and couldn't fill my script yet. So I was with out it for a week. I had severe edema. I mean I could barely climb stairs or take the one step on the porch with out almost falling. Got my script and the water was just falling away like magic.”

goodselfme · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 25, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “After furosemide was increased from 20 mg per day to 40 per day it caused me Gout and the uric acid level measured 10.7 which is very high results.”

janet June 25, 2019

For Pulmonary Edema: “I tried Furosemide 54/583 by Roxane Labs for treatment of CHF and edema. Response was zero. Pharmacy said pill was a generic lasix, which I doubt.”

Jim - male · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2019

For Edema: “Worked for the first week now I am still in pain in my feet and calves. I am asking doctor why, so I need to find out. Not curing me, which I hoped.”

Jan · Taken for 10 years or more May 17, 2019

For Edema: “Lasix (furosemide) works brilliant then some days nothing I often wonder why. Then when on holiday it works brilliant the difference being on holiday get up take medication in empty stomach when home have breakfast then meds”

Big Spurg · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2019

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “So I came into the hospital on a Thursday evening for shortness of breath, and two weeks later I'm being treated for edema. I weighed 636lb when I was admitted. Today I weigh just north of 500. 136lbs gone just from fluid my body was storing do to my diagnosed CHF. Most of the weight came off during my 2nd week on the Lasik IV drip. We have been going slow so that I don't get cramps and dr is doing blood work every morning at 4am.”

Lea · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2019

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “Seems the more I take it the worse the swelling”

Sara · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2018

Lasix (furosemide) for Pulmonary Edema: “I have been taking lasix for 2 days now. My swelling seems to come and go. I was swollen in my stomach, thighs, ankles and feet. I couldn't walk and I was short of breathe. Thankfully with lasix I am able to walk and swelling going down. I take 40mg in the morning time”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2018

For Heart Failure: “I'm only 32 years old and I have been diagnosed with severe CHF, they prescribed me furosemide 40 mg twice a day and spirrolactonone in the morning. Yet the furosemide only becomes effective when I must check in with ER to have fluid removed. I'm still coughing constantly, out of breath and nauseous. It's terrible till I get to hospital. They'll get average of 7 liters of fluid and I'll skip out of there singing like I never had a heart problem to begin with.”

chris · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2018

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “I was put on the med and I became extremely confused (couldn't even remember what house I lived in) and I was at home. So weak I could hardly get out of bed. 3 weeks later I was changed to hydrochlorathiazide for 2 weeks with the same effect, just not quite so severe . I quit all this type of med and within 24 hours I could tell a difference. I even did some grocery shopping today. The first time in 6 weeks I was exhausted to say the least but at least I was able to do it. No I didn't carry them in , nor have to them put away. But I was able to do it. I can't wait to see the progress tomorrow. So in conclusion BE CAREFUL”

Toni · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 28, 2018

For Edema: “My optimum dose is 120mg every morning along with 20mg potassium chloride and another 80mg furosemide at 4 pm.”

Nicky · Taken for 10 years or more August 14, 2018

For Edema: “Furosemide is a drug that needs better regulation. Only Mylan brand is effective, all other generics have zero results for me, as if they are fake, not containing any actual medicine. This is a life threatening problem for people who need a diuretic, one that the FDA should have addressed years ago, bad generics.”

cat16davis · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: “I have developed peeling of skin on my legs. I have bilateral leg edema.”

Renee · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2018

For Edema: “For me Lasix only work good through IV I barely pee at times. On 80mg twice a day. Still have very much edma. Feet and ankle goes down after 9 hours of elevate time. Need something better. I been on it a month. Hospital arrival weight 209lb The time I finally gotten a room. Down to 204lb. Left hospital week later 200lb”