User Reviews for Fosfomycin

Bladder Infection
5.5

Reviews for Fosfomycin

Eleanor · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 6, 2021

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “This is about the fourth time I have used Monorol. Started fine and couldn’t believe how quickly it worked. I now find whenever I take Monorol I suffer from stomach pain and bloating about 2 weeks after. I am not only having that problem but now pain in right kidney and waking up nightly with it. Don’t know what I will do next as have found anti biotics in the past have made me ill.”

jmdjmd · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2021

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “Amazing. Suffered E.Coli infection of bladder for weeks getting treated with various antibiotics, which did nothing. Given eight sachets of Monurol to blitz the problem and I have never looked back, the relief after three doses was amazing never felt so happy.”

Flo · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2021

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “Horrible this Monurol my 4th day of taken it an I feel ill. My stomach is burning, pains in my kidneys, back pain, I can’t stop feeling sick have to go back to have my urine checked. Also my throat feels blocked can’t understand why they would give anyone with water infections this horrible drug will never touch it again .”

Lroos1 · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2013

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “Thank God, for this wonderful medication. I am allergic to literally every other medicine that may be used to treat bladder infections, I have allergies to almost all antibiotics making it very difficult to treat me when I get sick. I was told by my Dr there were no other options literally to treat me with when he took one last look before having to admit me to hospital for I.V. treatment when he said wait, there is one option left called Monurol and he prescribed it, I was a little hesitant at first due to the fact it is only a single dose treatment but I was wrong. Monurol started taking symptoms away in 5 hours after treatment, and by day 3 completely cured my severe urinary tract infection. This medicine is amazing. Thank God for Monurol.”

Julieeg · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2020

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “Absolutely amazing!! I'm allergic to PCN, macrobid, Sulfa,Cephalosporins,quinolones and erythromycin. I had a urine culture show E. Coli at the beginning of January, susceptible to everything but I'm allergic to everything. I took almost 2 rounds of macrobid but had to stop due to extreme SOB and throat tightening. I took D mannose and cranberry for 2 months with no improvement. The pain got so bad a doc I work with sent in Doxycycline - one pill and I broke out into hives with severe itching. I almost gave up until they sent in Monurol. It is absolutely amazing!!! Single dose a week ago and I'm completely better. No more leukocytes or flank pain. Worth the $100 with ZERO side effects. Single dose is sooooooo easy. I will refill just to have it on hand!!! Please try this it will help you!!”

TMS · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2019

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “I cannot possibly tolerate many of the antibiotics used for UTI's. Cipro is a dangerous antibiotic and it's no longer the gold standard for UTI's. I love Monurol medication because it is a one stop shop for a painful UTI. You pour the orange-flavored granules into 4 oz of room-temp water. You're UTI will start to go away within approximately 45 minutes. I recommend you NOT having sugar, bread, booze nor dairy for days after using the Monurol. Reason being that the Monurol seems to only clear up around 85% of the bacteria that is causing the UTI. Therefore, you will need to do vegetable juicing and maintain a super healthy diet to allow your own immune system to kick in and help with the Monurol. The beautiful upside is that she won't have any side effects like you would with Cipro.”

Inna · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2020

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “Lower UTI symptoms subsided 24-48 hours after taking Monurol. One dose is good for 3 days. Today is the 4th day and I don't need to take a second dose as I am relieved. However, the side effect is bothersome since I took this. I have extreme vaginal itching. Also slight abdominal tenderness and minor diarrhea. But the vaginal itching is problematic. I can't focus and can't sleep. Did anyone experience this? Is this normal? How long will I wait until this goes away? What can I do?”

Jo · Taken for less than 1 month February 29, 2020

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “This is as useless as teats on a bull! I am allergic to sulfa and I've had so many UTI's, 8 last year, that every other drug is now resistant to the bacteria. This stuff costs $94 a shot. I've taken it 3 times and I feel better for maybe a week then the UTI comes back. I've done research and in many cases people taking this drug get the infection back in less than a month. I'm at my wits end. I cannot afford this medication again. My only alternative is to go into the hospital for an IV! After doing research I've found that a high percentage of women getting UTIs can trace them back to an over the counter drug widely used for GERD. Esomeprazole which I've been taking for years. It effects the kidneys causing many women, especially in my age bracket, 77 years old, to get reoccurring bladder infections and in some cases, kidney failure! It is impossible to stop this med cold turkey but, unfortunately, there really is no other treatment for GERD. This is so depressing.”

Christitis August 18, 2015

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “Don't know what I would do without Monurol. I get a small supply from Spain whenever I go there (or ask a friend to bring some back for me) because it is available without a prescription there and I can't get it in the UK. I keep a packet with me wherever I go, just in case I get a cystitis attack. Maybe only twice a year but oh the relief take it as soon as an attack starts and it is effective within two or three hours. Many other antibiotics just don't work for me. This has worked for me every time, thank God.”

FireworksPrincess · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 24, 2018

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “I love Monural! I have had a constant battle with UTIs, some landed me in the hospital, so I was put on Monural, It's great! I have my life back! This drug actually works! Thank you Monural creators! ”

Smec · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “My dr gave Monurol to me over a week ago for urine infection, I took it, excited I would start feeling better over the weekend. I felt better for about a day and a half . Then it got worse!!!! My dr sent me for tests because she thought maybe something else was wrong , but as I waited for results, the pain became unbearable and I bagged for a new Rx . She gave me a second dose of this - two days after taking it I felt like I was getting better.!! This morning however - my back is in so much pain , I’m pretty sure the infection has spread to my kidneys. I tried to be proactive - the second I noticed the bladder infection symptoms to AVOID a kidney infection , as I have had one once before and I guess the jokes on me . If I need to go on another med it will not be this one!!!!”

IBJK · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 13, 2020

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “Monurol works right away. Take it before bed and you're a new person the next morning. Doctors in US don't prescribe it, so I get mine in Eastern Europe, no prescription needed. Please be wise stay away from sweet and spicy, salty, marinated food for a long while to help your body recuperate after the infection.”

Anonymous May 16, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “Although the bladder infection went away after I’d finished the treatment, the side effects of this drug are horrible - I had diarrhoea for 3 days and the UTI infection symptoms didn’t get better until after I had finished the treatment.”

P.K.S · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2018

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “When the doctor prescribed me this I thought "Woah, how simple? How has no other Doctor prescribed me this before?" I have had enough bladder infections in my time to be well versed in the medications they commonly prescribe, so when I found this I was a bit shocked I have never heard of it. Now I know why... It made the burning sensation go away for about a half a day (which cranberry juice can also do) and it made me painfully bloated. The bladder infection was seeking vengeance the next day -- I will never touch this medication again! What a waste of time - only made things worse!”

ham May 8, 2019

For Bladder Infection: “I suffered my first UTI a couple weeks ago and because of my history with stomach problems regular antibiotics scare me and since I can't take swallow pills (Macrobid) and am scared of Sulfa drugs I took this. Hard to find BUT AMAZING. I did not have the typical UTI symptoms (burning) I had sudden leg pain and then progressively lower abdomen tightness and pain and then severe back pain. I took this and felt some immediate relief. I still had back pain for a couple days but I drank tons of water and it went away. This tastes super good (can't even tell your taking an antibiotic) because of some bad reviews and because I'm squeamish taking new meds I had a panic attack when I took it like right after, but my mom calmed me down and I had no side effects. Was a little tired and IF YOU HAVE LOOSE STOOLS consider taking a Probiotic with this or any antibiotic. I loved how it was one dose and how it tasted good. Please make this available in all pharmacies and not so hard to find.”

Diya April 25, 2019

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “Monurol worked for like 2 days only! Burning came back, foul smell in urine came back after the 3rd day. Will not recommend this medication. It gave me the worst diarrhea of my life. First, I was dealing with infection now I have to deal with diarrhea as well. My dr will be prescribing another set of antibiotics. What a waste of my time and money.”

Anonymous March 24, 2008

For Bladder Infection: “I became ill on a trip to Europe...The pharmcies there are allowed to dispence certain medications without a prescription...This medication in one night completly eliminated all symptoms..I am amazed that we do not have the same system here in the states....I suffer frequently from UTIs and have not had this medication prescriber before....What doctors prescribe in the States takes at minimum 3-5 days to feel better. This medication worked on the illness and pain and was simple to take...”

LuckyMe · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2019

For Bladder Infection: “Because of an underlying medical condition I get e-coli UTI often. I have tried every antibiotic applicable with varying results. Fosfomycin is the only antibiotic that clears the UTI every time and quickly, much better than the 10 day courses of other antibiotics I've taken, very happy with it.”

Erine · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2020

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “Got given Monurol after taking Ciprofloxacin 500 MG 2x day without much improvement. I have Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, a type of UTI that is uncommon, especially in healthy people. I went to the hospital and was prescribed Monurol. Last night I took it and went to sleep. This morning, I don't feel any better, and my body still hurts internally. On the flip side, I have had no side effects other than numbing of the tongue for 2h upon oral administration which makes sense since I'm allergic to the fake sugar used in the packet. If fake sugars make your tongue feel numb, don't be scared if Monurol has this effect.”

Tommy · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2020

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “My UTI seemed to improve slightly the first 24 hours after taking Monurol, but after 48 hours I had developed back pain along with a high fever. Returned to clinic and was put on Cipro which was much more effective.”

Magz · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “I was prescribed this med a week ago.Felt better after 3 days.After a week plus few days the bladder infection symptoms are back and horrible. I can't take the pain, its horrible. Now tomorrow I have to go see a doctor again and let her check my urine to see of the bacteria are still in bladder which I am sure they are. I guess the first time you use this medicine, it will be okay but afterwards, its useless.I will let you guys know what I was given after and if it helped me or not.”

Jr · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2018

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “I was prescribed this one dose antibiotic by my doctor. How convenient I thought. Really potent stuff that did nothing for me but made my symptoms worse. I was surprised that after 5 days, no sign of it working aside from a violent twitch in my eye, bloating, urinating up to 6 times in a row in pain and a bit of diarrhea. Also surprised not finding anything on what I have experienced. Also surprised that no one in the reviews suggests alternatives. After five days of pain, I went to my pharmacy because I was running out of toilet paper, and in the natural products section a man told me to take VitaCist, Sisu vitamine C and probiotics. After the first dose of VitaCist considerable improvement.”

noel February 9, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “I was told that Fosfomycin is as effective as Macrobid, is a one-time use medication, and is a powder that dissolves into 1.5 cups of water. However, my urine would need to be tested to see if I have any culture that could prevent the antibiotic from working. This medication works after 72 hours and is ingested on an empty stomach. If you are prescribed this medication, you're honestly better off receiving an antibiotic that is stronger and not a one time use prescription. Today, I went into another walk-in clinic, explained the situation and the Doctor said that Fosfomycin is not a strong medication. Again, try if for yourself with the chance of this antibiotic not working. The side effect symptoms I had were, stomach cramps and diarrhea. It did subside other symptoms: after one day I didn't feel sick and by day two, I had no burning sensation. However, by this weekend my left side became sore (which is where your kidneys are) and that was enough for me to go see the Doctor.”

trusg September 15, 2020

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “I took Monurol for first time in March 2020 and the relief I got from urine infections and urgency frequency was incredible. I went from 15 pads a day to 5 and no pelvic pain. Nitrofuratine and trimethoprim after 24 odd years not doing its job. Taken Monural today as had infections last 2 months and back on the above mentioned drugs with no joy..so Dr let me have Monuril 3g today. Fingers crossed same results.”

Rizzle · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2018

For Bladder Infection: “Horrible experience. Within hours of taking it I had severe indigestion, trouble breathing, bloated stomach, chest pain, diarrhea and my heart rate has been between 90-120 all day and I could feel it pounding all day. Medicine hasn’t seemed to be efficient either. Would not recommend, the side effects are scary.”

Dinelle · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2020

Monurol (fosfomycin) for Bladder Infection: “My Dr.prescribed me a monurol along with a regular antibiotics, I take it at bedtime and the next morning all the pain while urinating is gone. It works for me there are no side effects for me.I love this drug.”

Black lab Rocks · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “I was prescribed this because the walk in doc thought I had a UTI (it was actually and allergy to pads). In the end it was $32 spent to get a week of misery. Started getting yeast infection two days later which is to be expected with antibiotics . Thought nothing of it . The next day started feeling nauseous but didn’t vomit ..still thought it was a one off deal . Then the nausea wouldn’t stop and I couldn’t get down two bites of food without gagging. Went to the ER and had to get bloodwork and ultrasound to make sure nothing else was causing the prolonged nausea . Finally relieved to get my appetite back a week later good grief.”

RaisinNYC May 4, 2017

For Bladder Infection: “Have taken this medication several times before. This time it cleared my UTI up in 3 hours. It is available in the U.S. but requires prior authorization. I will never take anything else. No side effects.”