User Reviews for Advair HFA

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Advair HFA.

COPD, Maintenance

1 review 47 medications
Asthma, Maintenance
8.9

Summary of Advair HFA reviews 8.9 6 reviews

Reviews for Advair HFA

For COPD, Maintenance "I used to take the Advair in Diskus form. I couldn't breath in fast to get enough med so they switched me to the aerosol type Advair. This one works well for me. The thing is, some Drs do not tell you you MUST rinse your entire mouth and gargle after every use. It can cause thrush, which is awful, and voice loss, hoarseness, coughing, and mouth sores too if you leave residue within the mouth or throat. This has a corticosteroid in it so please rinse well! Avoid side effects. It will help you breath because its a beta antagonist blocker or something, which relaxes the lung muscle. Take care of your mouth! I have dentures so I must rinse even MORE but never had thrush in 9 years over it and can breath easier now."

There are no nicknames left!! November 15, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "This is so great! I used the diskus for years but I have both copd and asthma and could not inhale the med as well from the diskus so doc put me on this one. Same great control and I can use it with a spacer to get more effective delivery of the med. I have had to go a day or so without as my pharmacy was out and I know that this works well as I could not wait to get back on it. It helps my breathing so much."

Lpit180 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "For years I have been a prisoner of rescue inhailers and nebulizers. This along with absacor as a daily inhaler were not controlling my problems. Over 10 years ago my doctor put me on advair 100/50. I now have not use my rescue inhaler or any other product other than the rescue inhaler in the airport in Rome a couple of years ago as it is no where close to being smoke free."

Dwm42 October 22, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "NOTE: I live in the UK, where GSK calls Advair 'Seretide'. It's the same thing. --- I struggled for control until I was given Seretide 50/25, 2 puffs twice a day, on Christmas Eve 2014. One of the best Christmas presents ever! I got a bad chest infection about 6 weeks later and had to move to Seretide 125/25, 2 puffs twice a day. Now controlled on Seretide 125/25 and Montelukast 10mg daily. Also have to use Salbutamol inhaler regularly during allergy season or when I'm ill/coming down after an allergic reaction. Prednisolone for latex allergy reaction, and Pred. prophylactic antibiotics if I'm bad."

servewithmintsauce (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "This is my second experience using Advair inhaler. The first time I used it, it was like a miracle. My asthma disappeared. After using the inhaler for about 1 year, my asthma returned and worsened. I visited a naturopath and was advised to change my diet. I stopped gluten, citrus, soy and dairy foods. Once again, my asthma disappeared for about a year. When it returned to the point that my rescue inhaler was being used too frequently, the Dr. recommended that I return to advair. Once again, it worked. But, here I am three months later and my asthma is worsening. What is one to do?"

Anonymous January 16, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "It works well as a maintenance medicine. I take it morning and night but it doesn't replace your emergency inhaler."

ariel120 September 10, 2009