User Reviews for Advair HFA

Asthma, Maintenance
6.5
COPD, Maintenance

Nat · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I’ve only been using advair for a month for asthma and COPD maintenance, and it has been driving me crazy!! The side effects have been torturing me and I wish I never starting taking it because it does more harm than good. It can hospitalize and make you worse, and even give you pneumonia and vision problems. What a terrible way to combat asthma, an inhaler that gives you worse asthma...”

Al · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Did not improve my breathing at all. It actually worsened my condition. In addition my vision was damaged, my inner ears and head are under constant pressure. I have stopped the advair but I am still experiencing the negative effects.”

There are no nicknames left!! November 15, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance: “I used to take the Advair in Diskus form. I couldn't breath in fast to get enough med so they switched me to the aerosol type Advair. This one works well for me. The thing is, some Drs do not tell you you MUST rinse your entire mouth and gargle after every use. It can cause thrush, which is awful, and voice loss, hoarseness, coughing, and mouth sores too if you leave residue within the mouth or throat. This has a corticosteroid in it so please rinse well! Avoid side effects. It will help you breath because its a beta antagonist blocker or something, which relaxes the lung muscle. Take care of your mouth! I have dentures so I must rinse even MORE but never had thrush in 9 years over it and can breath easier now.”

Anonymous January 16, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This is my second experience using Advair inhaler. The first time I used it, it was like a miracle. My asthma disappeared. After using the inhaler for about 1 year, my asthma returned and worsened. I visited a naturopath and was advised to change my diet. I stopped gluten, citrus, soy and dairy foods. Once again, my asthma disappeared for about a year. When it returned to the point that my rescue inhaler was being used too frequently, the Dr. recommended that I return to advair. Once again, it worked. But, here I am three months later and my asthma is worsening. What is one to do?”

Lpit180 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 16, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This is so great! I used the diskus for years but I have both copd and asthma and could not inhale the med as well from the diskus so doc put me on this one. Same great control and I can use it with a spacer to get more effective delivery of the med. I have had to go a day or so without as my pharmacy was out and I know that this works well as I could not wait to get back on it. It helps my breathing so much.”

servewithmintsauce · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance: “NOTE: I live in the UK, where GSK calls Advair 'Seretide'. It's the same thing. --- I struggled for control until I was given Seretide 50/25, 2 puffs twice a day, on Christmas Eve 2014. One of the best Christmas presents ever! I got a bad chest infection about 6 weeks later and had to move to Seretide 125/25, 2 puffs twice a day. Now controlled on Seretide 125/25 and Montelukast 10mg daily. Also have to use Salbutamol inhaler regularly during allergy season or when I'm ill/coming down after an allergic reaction. Prednisolone for latex allergy reaction, and Pred. prophylactic antibiotics if I'm bad.”

Dwm42 October 22, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance: “For years I have been a prisoner of rescue inhailers and nebulizers. This along with absacor as a daily inhaler were not controlling my problems. Over 10 years ago my doctor put me on advair 100/50. I now have not use my rescue inhaler or any other product other than the rescue inhaler in the airport in Rome a couple of years ago as it is no where close to being smoke free.”

ariel120 September 10, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance: “It works well as a maintenance medicine. I take it morning and night but it doesn't replace your emergency inhaler.”