User Reviews for Fluticasone nasal to treat Nasal Polyps

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Flonase Sensimist, Xhance, Ticanase

Fluticasone nasal has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 25 ratings for the treatment of Nasal Polyps. 68% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 28% reported a negative effect.

Fluticasone nasal Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 10 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Polyps.

Reviews for Fluticasone nasal

Gigi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 31, 2019

Xhance (fluticasone): “I have suffered with nasal polyps which have recurred each time I’ve had surgery (twice). I had severe sleep issues from difficulty breathing at night, and had no sense of smell for years. I was ready to go back to surgery when a doctor prescribed xhance 7 months ago. After 8 weeks I was improved, and now 7 months later I can smell and breathe easily through my nose. I’m so happy with the results, and avoided surgery.”

Anonymous March 26, 2021

Xhance (fluticasone): “I am 22 years old with AERD. I have severe asthma and allergies. I had surgery to remove my nasal polyps and reconstruct my sinuses when I was 18 and within a month and a half my nasal polyps came back. It has been 7 years since I lost my sense of smell and I have chronic congestion. My doctor put me on course of prednisone for the past 2 weeks and I have been on Xhance for the last week, and when I say that I have not gone more than a few days without using Afrin, I have not used Afrin once in the past two weeks! I stopped sneezing, I stopped waking up in the middle of the night because I couldn't breathe and I even have less asthma attacks, but most importantly I am starting to faintly smell things!! I am grateful for this medication. I will post an update when I have been on it longer.”

Harris · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2020

Xhance (fluticasone): “I have been on XHANCE for approx 2 weeks. I have nasal polyps and allergic fungal sinusitis. I have had 3 sinus surgeries. Frequent sinus infections. Always congested. I believed I would live with this condition forever. My ENT doctor at MUSC suggested I take this XHANCE nasal spray. I was reluctant for I had taken Flonase in the past and it had been unsuccessful. I am in disbelief how well this nasal spray has helped me. Although it has only been 2 weeks, I have seen a 98% improvement. No more sinus congestion or pressure. No more thick, green mucus coming from my sinuses. The spray doesn't sting or smell. I don't have a sore throat due to the medicine draining in my throat. I am able to sleep on both sides without issues. Life is so much better with XHANCE. If you have issues, have your physician prescribe this nasal spray. I also take Zyrtec and Singulair daily. I believe I would need this for the rest of my life. But at least it works!!!!”

fluticasone · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2019

Xhance (fluticasone): “CVS substituted $900 Xhance for the $30 generic fluticasone my doctor prescribed for my allergies. They must be in collusion with the manufacturer. This product does nothing more than the generic of fluticasone except include a $870 piece of plastic that breaks and looks like a sex toy.”

hermes · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2020

Xhance (fluticasone): “My doctor prescribed this medicine for me about 2 months ago after I tried many nasal sprays. I am completely free from congestion and very happy by the result. However, my sense of smell is not returned back yet. I am hopping that, I will be able to smell in the near future.”

Comic September 4, 2009

Veramyst (fluticasone): “I had four polyps removed two years ago. My physician prescribed Veramyst. I have really enjoyed using this medication once daily during the two years. No sign of the polyps returning. In addition, during the four years I haven't had a cold or a sinus problem. Prior I would be bothered with sinus problems during the winter season. I recommend this spray and will continue to use it myself.”

Worst sinuses EVER February 28, 2021

Xhance (fluticasone): “For years I have suffered from allergies and terrible swelling of sinus passages. I have tried countless other sprays, every allergy tablet on the market. My allergy specialist prescribed this and IT WORKS. This has been a game changer. We are talking quality of life changing!!!”

Wildsky November 4, 2010

Veramyst (fluticasone): “I have extensive sinus disease and so many polyps that a CT could not pick up if part of my sinuses even existed anymore. I've also had 2 surgeries with no relief. My quality of life has been VERY poor. My ENT just put me on Veramyst and after 2 days I noticed a big relief. I don't feel like a colony of giant polyps are invading every orafice in my head. I haven't had a migraine, earache or retro-orbital headache in over a week. I haven't regained my sense of smell, however, I'm still discovering the pro's and con's of Veramyst. My neck, back and other body pain is worse but I don't know if that's because the focus has been taken off my face and head. Right now I'm just thankful for some relief and delaying frontal sinus obliteration.”

CandiCollins March 10, 2015

“For the last few years my allergies/sinuses have become really bad, due to the forced dry heating system where I live. I started taking Loratadine 10mg which helped some with congestion but it just wasn't enough. I ended up getting nasal polyps that made my nose bleed, obstructed my smell and sense of taste, caused difficulty in draining of my sinuses, and made it hard to breath in through my nose, so I started using Flonase. I am only on day 6 and the feeling of my skull bursting slowly went away, I can breathe easier and smell again, it already started to shrink the polyps and the nose bleeding stopped, feeling much better.”

Mahad dheere · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone): “I tried several different nasal sprays, all of them did nothing but worsen my problem. Eventually I discovered the Flonase nasal spray in 2015 and in the first use it worked for me in my best remembering.”

Wendy · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2020

Xhance (fluticasone): “My ENT put me on this about 3 months ago for Extreme sinusitis terrible allergic rhinitis and I haven’t sneezed 10 times or taken a Claritin in months!!!! This is a complete game changer... best thing ever! I am so thankful for this Xhance Spray. I read a few of the reviews and saw where someone said that their glass vial broke and where concerned about glass being sprayed up their nose. My vial was dropped last night and sad to say it did shatter but I know not to use this now and just ordered a new vial. I like the glass vial as it makes it easy to see how much product is left...although maybe they could look at a clear plastic dispenser in the future!”

Martin K July 3, 2021

“I developed nasal polyps years ago and couldn't breath through my nose, smell or taste anything for over a year. Believe me life was pretty grim. I had my polyps removed and apart from being recommended a daily nasal saline wash no other preventative medication was suggested to help prevent the polyps returning. After a couple of years they came back after being diagnosed by my GP. After using useless sprays I was given a product called Flixonase, which is made by Glaxo Wellcome and contains Fluticasone propionate. Each box contains 28 nasules, I shake up the contents, break the sealing cap, lie down on the bed with my head hanging over and share the contents of the drops between my nostrils. The results for me were amazing, I could smell, taste and breath like never before. I now take one capsule per day and I've had no further problems. I'm not saying they get rid of the polyps but they will or should definitely shrink them enabling you to get on with your life.”

jasmine · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2020

Xhance (fluticasone): “My 3rd week on Xhance and there is no change at all. I have never missed one day. Besides the fact that I don't think is doing anything, it takes few minutes to place this on the right spot so then I can blow air. I have watched videos on how to spray the medication and yet can not do it right. Why? Because you have to bend the piece the goes into your mouth in order to blow air up your nose.. I have poked my nose every time and it hurts like anything when I use it. Come on for 3 weeks?!! I would have figured out how to used it. It' s a pain in the butt.”

HarmonyDelong · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2018

Xhance (fluticasone): “So far this medication is working pretty well. I had sinus surgery in December 2017 to correct a deviated septum, nasal polyps, and congestion. I've been taking Xhance for about a month now, and I've had no breathing issues except minor congestion, which is a side effect of the medicine. I don't have the seasonal allergies I normally would have this time of year. The part that you blow into became blocked (I couldn't blow into it.) after a few days of use, so I just use it like you would Flonase instead. I've gotten a nose bleed, which is also a side effect.”

cloudscraper February 13, 2010

Veramyst (fluticasone): “I had a FESS due to massive polyp growth which completely blocked my nasal passages - so I couldn't breath through the nose anymore. After the surgery I started taking Avamys (=Veramyst for Europe) for 6 months to prevent nasal polyp growing. First of all I have to say that I felt great relief. My nose never hurt, and I had no congestion or any other sinus problems. However after taking the spray for 3 consecutive months I felt that my nose got dry and I noticed some blood in my nasal secretion. In addition my eyes felt more sensitive and I felt more tired than usual but I have no clue if the last two effects were Avamys side effects. Avamys gave me relief in allergic rhinitis as well even though it didn't completely stop the symptoms.”

A · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2020

“Decided to try Flonase after my left nostril got completely blocked by an inflamed polyp that was growing right behind the narrow opening of my left nostril ( I’ve had deviated septum since 14 or 15 years old). This blockage led to the worst sinus infection I ever had, yellow mucus that can’t drain, constant headaches, complete lost of smell and hardly any taste left. This has been going on for 3 months now but last weekend it became impossible so I decided to try Flonase as I knew that nasal steroids is the first thing doctors prescribe. It’s day 3 today and the polyp shrunk in size already allowing me to irrigate the left nostril. I might be experiencing side effects like dizziness and back pain/ headache but nothing can compare to the completely blocked sinuses full of disgusting yellow mucus. I hope it will get better soon since now I can flush it 2-3 times a day now. Flonase definitely helped with polyps. A lot.”

Dmac · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 6, 2020

“Long time sufferer of sinusitis and then what I call uncontrollable drippy nose. Self medicated for a while to no avail. Eventually ended up at GP who referred me to ENT for endoscopy etc. Polyps!!! They were the cause of all the problems, not hay fever, not rhinitis, not colds - just polyps!! Treatment.. nasal douches.. and Avamys (fluticasone) nasal spray on a daily basis for extended time. Did it work? Drippy nose vanished fairly quickly sinus problems definitely reduced but not gone and the indication is that the polyps are shrinking. I no longer douche my nose but have to remain on Avamys. I would recommend it.. if it works for me who knows who else it may help. Surgery not an option for me.. at 74 years young I am happy to go with the relief attained so far.”

Eli · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2020

“I started using it after my doctor prescribed it for nostril swelling which makes it hard to breathe. I’ve been using it for a few months and I’ve been having terrible side effects. I started having extreme anxiety, insomnia, back pains, muscle spasms, chest pain and just realized it’s the medication, I stopped using it 2 days ago and hope the symptoms go away soon.”

al · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2020

Xhance (fluticasone): “Nasal polyps out of control so I asked the Doctors to allow me to try Xhance. Pressed to actuate and the canister broken cutting my fingers. Oh well I thought, but then was curious if I inhaled the glass/plastic. Curious for response. Please....this company's engineers need to spend a bit more time on "doing no harm"”

Anonymous January 17, 2021

“Beware of nose sprays that contain polysorbates! If you are allergic to polysorbate ,as I am, it is quite probable you will develop nasal polyps, if you haven’t already, this will compound your condition. Polysorbate is in nearly all prescription drugs, ice creams, salad dressings, dill pickles (Bicks), tooth pastes, ointments etc. Read the label or google!”

Scott · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 8, 2021

Xhance (fluticasone): “While the Xhance flucanazole delivery system is indeed a plus, certain insurance plans ( medicare in particular) do not cover the cost. The average retail price for this Rx. is $475.00. While the company offers assistance to those who "can't afford the Rx.,"the reality is the average income to qualify is below the poverty line. In summary, if you're prescribed this medication, (and it is a brilliant delivery design), just make sure you can afford the cost.”

spudman2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2013

Flonase (fluticasone): “Nasal polyps were better after 1 month of use.”

Shelby · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 31, 2019

Xhance (fluticasone): “Tried a plethora of sinus meds over the years. Xhance is the only that works!”

Zoe · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2018

Xhance (fluticasone): “Used in conjunction with prednisone, I can finally breathe on both sides - first time in many years.”

Al · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2021

Xhance (fluticasone): “An obscenely expensive delivery system for Flonase that doesn't work as well as over the counter Flonase.”

Learn more about Nasal Polyps