User Reviews for Fluocinonide topical

Also known as: Vanos, Fluocinonide-E, Fluex Dermacin

Fluocinonide topical has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 42 ratings on Drugs.com. 83% of those users who reviewed Fluocinonide topical reported a positive effect, while 15% reported a negative effect.

Psoriasis
10.0
Summary of Fluocinonide topical reviews 8.5 42 reviews

Reviews for Fluocinonide topical

B · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2021

For Eczema: “My skin felt like it was on fire. Eventually I washed it off and never used it again.”

sen · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 1, 2020

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I've used this medication on and off for eczema like flare ups for years. I have eczema but also a long list of allergies which cause skin rashes. It can be hard to tell the difference between an allergy rash (IDK what all my allergies are, constantly find new ones) or eczema, and sometimes I get both. This medication is the only thing that has ever helped and it works fast. I have found I have to be very careful not to over use it in the winter (aka don't use a few times a week for more than 2 weeks at a time) or else I get an insanely itchy/panful rash around my mouth jaw and neck that doesn't go away for about two months at a time. Long story short, this medication is excellent for brief/rare/short term use. Try not to make the mistake I made and use it as a "savior" lotion every time your eczema flares up if you get flare ups frequently.”

Camarl · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2020

For Psoriasis: “fluocinonide Worked amazing! In 2008 was prescribed for my Guttate (covering entire body 60%+ of skin) and my Plaque on scalp, Within 4 days I was almost 100% clear. Haven't been able to get since but would recommend every day of the week!”

Anonymous November 7, 2009

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Psoriasis: “Easy to use on scalp conditions compared to oils. Can burn a little, but two thorough applications will clear up the problem for 7 to 10 days. Apply once a week before a break out and it keeps the problem under control. I have been using it for 3 months and no side effects yet. I have a full head of hair, my scalp can get really bad and this works. I am a 62 yr. old white male.”

riccas77 July 2, 2008

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Dermatitis: “At the start of every summer for 5 years my son gets the worst mystery rash on his back (Contact Dermatitis) they call it. We just can't figure out what that contact is. It has itched so badly in the past that he had actually scratched himself bloody and had to be sedated at the ER. Finally his doctor prescribed Lidex 0.05% and almost instant relief. It's been amazing. No side affects to date for him. I don't know who created it but Thank you.”

RRRSSSKKK January 2, 2009

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Dermatitis: “My dermatologist provided me with several sample tubes of Lidex to treat a mysterious rash, which he thought was a fungal infection, that recurred in the same spot on my skin several times. It worked like a charm, and since then, I have used it sparingly whenever I get a stubborn jock itch that won't go away with anything else. My doctor warned me it can thin the skin, so I use it as little as possible but the good news is a single thin application is usually sufficient to knock out whatever is troubling my skin and soothes the itching in such a way that it doesn't come back again for months and months. I think it's a very, very good medication for stubborn itching, when other remedies aren't helping.”

Fionasmom January 17, 2013

For Lichen Planus: “I had a severe case of erosive Lichen Planus on the inside of my cheek and gum surfaces, painful and increasing in area affected by the day. This was the second steroid prescribed, the first was an oral rinse used 4-6 times per day. When no result was seen my oral surgeon prescribed fluocinonide get used 3-4 times daily. The lesions responded almost immediately to the treatment and after two weeks my mouth is healed and pain fee. I am using the gel once per day as a maintenance and go back to the doctor next week.”

Anonymous November 16, 2008

For Psoriasis: “I have used this medicine (by Taro) for more than 30 years, for psoriasis on my elbows, knees and ankles. I have experienced no side effects and for the last 2 years my psoriasis has gone. The coverage area was not great so I did not use huge amounts of this ointment. I still use it intermitently today.”

Itching scalp December 25, 2016

For Psoriasis: “I dye my hair, leaving my scalp itching and with bumps. This works great instantly. What I didn't know was 2 leave on for ONLY 20 mins then wash out. Not knowing this, it cause me to lose some and thinned out my hair.”

Nissi March 12, 2010

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Atopic Dermatitis: “I love this cream! I use it on my back where I had an acute case of Atopic Dermatitis, it cleared up in NO TIME. Since reading the other ratings, I will try it on my scalp where I have plaques of psoriasis. I have psoriatic arthritis and atopic dermatitis mixed in on my back and face.”

Gamecockgirl97 · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2017

For Dermatitis: “I developed some sort of skin rash that absolutely burned my hands and was inflamed. My family doctor had prescribed a weaker ointment that I had been using that had not seemed to help it much. I went to my dermatologist who told me to start using only dove soap and cerave or cetaphil lotion on my hands each time I washed them and then use this on my hands twice a day for two weeks. She also wanted me to make a follow up appointment in two weeks and told me to stop using my Bath & Body Works (that part has been hard). I started seeing results the next day, not a whole bunch, but some and it didn't burn as much. By about 3 days of using it, the difference was really noticable, and now, a week later, looks normal”

buzzy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 27, 2019

For Eczema: “This cream saved my life. I've had eczema since I was a child & used Triamcinolone cream. It was the worst when I was a child & teenager, but practically went away when I became an adult. BUT, when I turned 45 yrs. old (pre-menopause), it spread over my entire body; my triamcinolone cream no longer worked. That began a 7 yr. odyssey of literally trying everything. At one point I wanted to die when I lay on my bed covered from head to toe in Crisco. I had eczema on 98% of my body; my feet were spared. I felt like a monster, even some of my hair falling out. The only thing that worked to where I could function was Aquaphor + Apple Cider Vinegar, but I always wore hats & covered my body from head to toe. Finally, when I went through complete menopause at 51 yrs. old, my doctors suggested I try fluocinonide. I was hesistant at first because I had been steroid-free for 6 yrs., but decided to give it a try, and it worked! Thank you, God! I finally feel human again.”

RobConcillado December 30, 2016

For Psoriasis: “"Started applying two days ago, bingo my psoriasis on my belly started to fade the redness. At first it feels itchy, on the third day it seems great. Praying forward for more positive result. This cream versus my ointment, not bad.”

Filipino Francophile · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2019

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Eczema: “This medication worked like nothing I've ever used before. It took a little over two weeks of treatment every night to make a rash that I'd had for two years disappear. I was warned that if I don't use it sparingly, I will experience a burning sensation, and I would recommend the same care to anyone else using it.”

Mickeyob October 5, 2018

For Eczema: “I don't like taking anything internal and this topical cream works amazing! I would get severe eczema on my fingers and legs and unable to touch a lot of things, this works to sooth the cracked and open skin overnight. Not sure if that's only with me, but I would use (sparingly) they way you would apply hand cream. It's my go to!”

Anonymous February 28, 2010

For Dermatitis: “Works very well for contact dermatitis etc., better than any store bought cortisone. One rash I had for years was cleared in 1 use. Now I use on occasion at first signs of re-occurrence. I had some conditions that it did not help. If it does not clear in a week or so, get the doctor to do some kind of test to find out whats really wrong (most likely virus or fungus). 45 year white male. No obvious side effects.”

ziz j April 16, 2015

For Granuloma Annulare: “Went to the derm dr, she gave me an rx for Vanos and a coupon for a free trial..... loved it , it works great for my condition..... need more but no coupons available at this time from derm dr.... and my insurance is bad. It would cost me over $1250.00 I can not afford that, so I am suffering with flare ups and I am out of medicine....”

JoannieO · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

For Eczema: “Wonderful cream to apply sparingly, as the other commenters stated. I had a rash on my left elbow, so that I itched liked a dog with fleas :+\ , but this cream worked like a lucky charm-rash cleared- after only one week, upon the advice of using by the physician's assistant. Full 10 out of 10 rating!”

Jfk423 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 13, 2017

For Dermatitis: “I had Chemo induced itching/inflamation .I struggled with the side effects of perjeta (pertuzumab) to the point were I was considering stopping treatment. My arms were completely scabbed from scratching in my sleep and I was not finding relief from other options. Within a week of using fluocinonide, the constant itching stopped and within three months all my scabs were healing. I still have scars, but the constant itching is gone.”

jazziecat · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2016

For Psoriasis: “I had psoriasis of the scalp and after applying this gel one time, the scales began falling off and the terrible itching went away. I now only need to use it weekly and it keeps the itching, scaling and redness under control.”

ShelG June 5, 2015

For Psoriasis: “I was diagnosed with psoriasis about 3 yrs ago after years of being told it was dandruff on my scalp and eczema on my face. When I told my doctor it seemed to flare up when my arthritis did he realized I had Psoriatic Rheumatoid Arthritis. Long story short...he told me to use this and every time my face flares up I use it the night before and in the morn it's 90% gone. I'm only 38...I know the shot would be better but I have no side effects from this. The shot I would. I recommend the solution over the cream or gel.”

Anonymous June 26, 2011

For Dermatitis: “I have contact dermatitis on my elbows and armpits and the cause is still unknown but the doctors gave me fluocinonide ointment to put on it and all it did was take the redness away, it didnt stop the itching or take away the raised bumps.”

My Uncle Bob November 23, 2015

For Dermatitis: “I use the 0.1% stronger version of fluocinonide and it works like a charm every time, and in just a few days! No side effects, no problems at all, it works so well I can see it getting better day after day. Highly reccomend!”

realunlucky August 23, 2014

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I've been using it for 5 months now for atopic dermatitis and it doesn't work. Sure it makes you feel good having a prescription medicine and applying it to the infected areas, but the truth is I am no better than when I was using over the counter tar products. I've been through 8 tubes of this cream 0.5% cream and have one more refill to go. What's next?”

Female57 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2014

For Dermatitis: “Given for Poison Ivy rash and does seem to deaden the itchiness exceptionally well. I received relief within about 15 minutes. It almost numbed the overwhelming itch which I had on my nose. Fantastic results and highly recommend. My skin is very sensitive to most items but this cream doesn't bother me at the .05 strength. ”

Burro · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2015

For Dermatitis: “Cleared up the eczema sores & eliminated the itching within 2 weeks....unfortunately , the condition started to reappear a few days after I stopped using it. After a 2 week break, my Dr. wants me to try another course of it.”

Relieved · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

For Dermatitis: “For the last 2 years I have suffered with extreme itching in my crotch area. Embarrassed, I put off going to see a dermatologist for a year and a half. I'm a 59 year old male with some weight on me. Finally I could not take it anymore. I went to a dermatologist in October 2019. I was told it was a yeast infection. Medications given to me did not work. I went back in January 2020 and was given a different treatment. Again it did not work. I went back in June and was given this medication. The first application I put on before bed. The next day, my symptoms were gone. No itching and burning. I had eczema when I was younger that would come and go. I guess dermatitis is similiar. Finally relief after 2 years of suffering. This stuff is great”

sidebottom · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2014

For Psoriasis: “I always have had psoriasis of the scalp but recently it has started on one armpit. It is very uncomfortable so my mom who is a nurse gave me a tube of this. It worked within a day but I lost out and it broke out terribly bad like I thought nothing could help it. I found the tube and it looked awesome after just one day. Just finished my second day and it had faded quite a bit more. I'm sure it won't be long till its completely gone. Can't wait. It's the summer and I can't always keep my arms down.”