User Reviews for Famotidine / ibuprofen systemic

Rheumatoid Arthritis
4.8

Summary of Famotidine/ibuprofen reviews 6.3 29 reviews

Reviews for Famotidine/ibuprofen

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "DUEXIS prescription medication has been a miracle drug for me over the last couple of years. I was in the middle of a 5 car pile-up on a major highway accident a couple years ago, ....and was experiencing significant lower back pain for the first time in my life. My Primary care physician suggested Duexis , because x-rays showed visible arthritis in my back. This great drug combination is a patented formulation which is not the same as buying ibuprofen and famotidine over the counter.!!!! I wish the average person would learn what I just said, but sometimes it's hard for correct information. Duexis has been very good for removing my pains ...and I have very good regular visits with my Doctor, ...but I am seeing some side effects over the years. I usually take just one pill a day now , but after reading these reviews, I will also reduce it to 7 days on/7 days off. I will soon be 59. "

Mr.Sunnyside28 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "First - the cost is insane and ExpressScripts will not cover it although there is no FDA approved generic of this drug. Also, at first it seems to work like a magic little wonder pill and I felt great. When I got the second refill it seems like something has changed. It no longer works like it did. I truly feel the greedy people who make this insanely expensive ibuprophen have changed their formula to make you buy/use even more. I am considering not getting more and just asking my doc for something else."

msjunior88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It did not even touch my pain. All it is is ibuprofen!"

Recruit (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for : "I was given this medication for treatment of bursitis in my shoulder. I'm 31 years old, healthy. Excellent medication, worked great to relieve my pain. Minimal side effects, none of which stopped me from doing daily activity--it did cost me extra toilet paper! My insurance did not cover this medication, it cost me 10 dollars a month thru the specialty pharmacy I had to get it at."

Cc (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Works great. I got a sample and it works great for pain relieve. However, it made me very dizzy and I had diarrhea and stomach cramps."

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I got this med for my RA after naproxen was not longer doing the trick after 5 years. I’m conflicted on how to rate the medicine because there are pros and cons. For one, the price is ridiculous. It’s $5 to get the 2 meds, versus hundred for this “special one”. Also, the studies saying that Duexis is better at reducing ulcers than both meds separate aren’t statistically significant. Secondly, I did find this medicine to help my joint pain, but I was constantly attempting to take the lowest dose, as said on the warning labels. However, my doctor told me to take it 3 times a day, so I reluctantly downed 2400mg of ibuprofen a day. 2 months in, I’ve developed ulcers. It does seem counterintuitive to have patients with a lowered immune system take medications with such high rates of ulcers. I’ve never had a stomach ulcer, so I didn’t realize I was susceptible. But for others who have “strong stomachs”, this may help you."

Dakota (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "I thought this medication was improving my condition but as time went by it it only got worse when I just saw the bill from Aetna and saw what they were charging for this medication I would not have even taken the first pill. Oh my feet became very sore swollen and made walking much worse so I would not really recommend this to anybody. The cost is outrageous! Even though my out of pocket was low - it pushed me into the coverage 3 level."

Nhbc (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Was taking this medication for tendinitis. After a couple of months of taking 800mg once a day my resting heart rate increased from 67 to 75. Haven't been able to check my blood pressure yet while increased BP can be a side effect. Also have been experiencing chest pain and I know heart attack and stroke and blood clotting can be a side effect. I will stop taking this medication and see if my resting heart rate decreases and pay attention to continuing chest pain. I’m gonna have to experiment with anti inflammatory foods and spices."

Drea (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "It doesn't work at all for pain."

Avalon1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "Bulging disc/sciatica/uterine fibroids I take this as needed for pain associated with all of the above. Taking it 2x/day right now for cramping. Scheduled for hysterectomy next week. This works well but doesn't last until next dose."

Sherryc (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was prescribed Duexis for chronic pain. I took this for a couple of days. I had shortness of breath, stomach pains and I thought I was going to have a stroke. I immediately stopped taking this. I'm disappointed as I have had chronic pain for over 5 years and was hoping this would help. But the feeling of about to have a stroke is worse than my chronic pain."

Jack March 8, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain and this works better than plain ibuprofen for some reason. I also don't get stomach upset, etc. I have Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) because I have taken so much ibuprofen over the last 30 years to control my pain in the jaw and face which moves down to neck and shoulders and downward if I don't stop it as soon as I can once it begins."

2 resdads (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This prescription is absolutely amazing for my MIGRAINES/FIBRO/MENSTRUAL CRAMPS! Despite taking the full gamut of migraine medicines prescribed by a neurologist, I had to resort to my husband's prescription when the pain was just too much to take. Really takes the edge off a major migraine in full effect -- usually gets rid of it completely. I see alot of reviews for taking this 3x a day with bad consequences. Taking ibuprofen 3x a day (no buffer) made my stomach bleed in the same way they describe. I never use more than one of these a day--never need more because they work so well! :) Unfortunately Duexis is no longer available and the regular price is outrageous without the $off rebate via Chicago pharmacy. My dr prescr the drugs separately and it doesn't work as well."

Heather D. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "This medicine worked wonderfully for my pain from Undifferentiated connective tissue disease . I am 49 years old. After taking it I had virtually no pain which gave me the energy to get things done. Unfortunately after taking it as prescribed 3 times a day for a few days, I had a bowel movement that was black diarrhea. So I’ve been afraid to take it anymore."

Anniebobannie (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed Duexis for intense menstrual cramps caused by a large cervical cyst. This medication made the months waiting for a diagnosis and surgery much more tolerable. It was pricy (the insurance company did not want to pay for it!) and a little hard to get."

Justonegal (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "this really works for my tendonitis so well it is a amazing drug that actually works !!!!!!!! pain almost gone !!!!!!!!"

mexski (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "Am using this for post-surgery of my Cervical area. It does a good job on my headaches and throat pain.. It is a lot better than Tylenol. and safer than Hydrocodone"

Gunga Din (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "As a lunch lady, I use my hands extensively & they ache! Also have severe arthritis in my AC joints. I tried many cheap, generic meds for OA, with no relief. Doc gave me a sample pack of Duexis & I've been taking it ever since. Only thing that works for me. With the co-pay coupon that is offered, it's a no brainer!"

Gulch (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "This medication has been wonderful or me. I take it for menstrual cramps, fibromyalgia and CFS symptoms, and headaches. It also is my go-to for my newly diagnosed illness costochondritis (painful chest wall and rib pain), which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Starts working in about 30minutes. I have multiple medical issues and take many medications daily, taking Duexis eliminates the need for a separate PPI (proton pump inhibitor). I highly recommend this medication, especially in the prevention of ulcers if taking NSAIDS will be a part if your daily life !"

kismetangel (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "This medication has changed my life. I was in so much pain day and night that I had trouble sleeping. I didn't go places because my pain was so bad. Now I can sleep at night and most important to me is that I can play with my grandchildren again"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Over priced for what is essentially 4 Advil with a Pepcid."

Pain in the mid back (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 48 & have OA in both thumbs, neck, lower back, both hips, both feet, & both SI joints. I am prescribed Norco 10's 4x/day & Zanaflax at night. This is the 2nd time my pain management dr has given me samples of Duexis. It is simply Pepcid & Ibruprofin so im not sure as to why some people would say it's so bad, unless they are have a drug interaction with whatever else they are taking. As for me it didn't help anymore than just taking any other OTC pain reliever. On this 2nd time after starting my feet & ankles have been swollen. I'm gonna stop taking it for a while & see what happens. Might just be a vein issue. My ins would not cover (medicaid of course)"

KimNJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2016

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have degenerative joint due to arthritis and was given samples by physician worked fine. The joint is in my foot so walking was improved"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "I have 5 lumbar 5 cervical bulging discs = left sciatic, left hip pain, bilateral wrist to above elbow pain. The pain is severe. Per MD orders, I took Duexis 7 days on/7 days off for two cycles. When I stop, within 3-4 days pain makes my life dysfunctional. Within 2 days of starting, the pain decreases significantly. The drug is extremely expensive so MD ordered 800 mg tablets ibuprofen and I bought over the counter 10 mg famotadine tabs. I have been taking that duo twice a day and the Duexis once a day. I am very reluctant to take this med long term because of my age (70 ), IBS, and possible liver/kidney problems. However, it is the ONLY regime right now that relieves the pain."

careful nurse January 22, 2016

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for : "I have had injections for a severe lower back injury and have tried many different pain meds. Nothing helped me until My Dr. prescribed Duexis. This medication has given me my life back! I do think it might make me retain a little fluid and I maybe gained a few pounds but nothing significant. Also causes some gas. Nothing severe though! My pain level went from a 9/10 to a 2/3 sometimes even a 1 on this medicine!"

Releived (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016