User Reviews for Famotidine / ibuprofen

4.8

Summary of Famotidine/ibuprofen reviews 6.5 34 reviews

Reviews for Famotidine/ibuprofen

Relived · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 29, 2019

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Severe hip and back pain, spinal injections did no good. Dr gave me samples of duexis and it worked wonders! Insurance would not pay and substituted ibuprofen and pepcid. That resulted in severe indigestion. Finally was able to get insurance to pay for duexis! Whoever developed this medication is a genius! I am pain free with one pill per day. I am 83!"

Shel · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2019

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "This medicine has given me terrible cramps and diarrhea. I was not able to take for very long."

Elorea · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2019

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Four ibuprofen and one Zantac does not compare to one of these pills. I was told by my insurance company they would not cover cost of Duexis so I use them only if I know I'll be on my feet all day to keep my knee pain in check. With 4 Ibuprofen and 1 Zantac I have to take the dose 3x a day. With Duexis I only need 1 for my day, so there is definitely something else going on with this drug. Something else in the formulation. I'd be ecstatic if the insurance would cover this drug. 800mg/day Duexis over 2400mg/day Ibuprofen would be great."

DJ · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2019

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Duexis is a great pain relief for arthritis pain, truly an amazing drug! I take one pill a day."

Ricky T · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2019

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "I have arthritis on my left hip. I've been using this drug for a very short period of time and I must say it is working for me! But after reading all the reviews about long term use, I am now reluctant! I will consult with my DR. As for the price, yes very expensive but, I've been using capsule they are very reasonable with the price ! look it up !"

Michael J · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for : "I've have had a lower back issue, imaged on an MRI showing a bulging lumbar disc which I have had for a couple of years. Been treating it with injections that haven't been of much help. The initial pain was not severe but I took treatment. A few weeks ago, something happened and my lower back became sore to the point that I was ready to step in front of a moving train. I took an injection, made the pain worse. Saw a new doctor, planned weeks in advance. I was nearly immobile during the visit. We discussed treatment and the new doc provided a Duexis sample pack as well as Lyrica. I took the Duexis that night and woke to at least a 50% pain reduction. Added the Lyrica and several days later my pain is about 90% relieved. I've been Rx'd an opioid but haven't taken it as I feel so much better. I'm not a believer in this type of relief on this type of med with the incredible pain I had, but I can only say that the Duexis is responsible."

Mr.Sunnyside28 · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 3, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "DUEXIS prescription medication has been a miracle drug for me over the last couple of years. I was in the middle of a 5 car pile-up on a major highway accident a couple years ago, ....and was experiencing significant lower back pain for the first time in my life. My Primary care physician suggested Duexis , because x-rays showed visible arthritis in my back. This great drug combination is a patented formulation which is not the same as buying ibuprofen and famotidine over the counter.!!!! I wish the average person would learn what I just said, but sometimes it's hard for correct information. Duexis has been very good for removing my pains ...and I have very good regular visits with my Doctor, ...but I am seeing some side effects over the years. I usually take just one pill a day now , but after reading these reviews, I will also reduce it to 7 days on/7 days off. I will soon be 59. "

msjunior88 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 5, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "First - the cost is insane and ExpressScripts will not cover it although there is no FDA approved generic of this drug. Also, at first it seems to work like a magic little wonder pill and I felt great. When I got the second refill it seems like something has changed. It no longer works like it did. I truly feel the greedy people who make this insanely expensive ibuprophen have changed their formula to make you buy/use even more. I am considering not getting more and just asking my doc for something else."

Recruit · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It did not even touch my pain. All it is is ibuprofen!"

Cc · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for : "I was given this medication for treatment of bursitis in my shoulder. I'm 31 years old, healthy. Excellent medication, worked great to relieve my pain. Minimal side effects, none of which stopped me from doing daily activity--it did cost me extra toilet paper! My insurance did not cover this medication, it cost me 10 dollars a month thru the specialty pharmacy I had to get it at."

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Works great. I got a sample and it works great for pain relieve. However, it made me very dizzy and I had diarrhea and stomach cramps."

Dakota · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I got this med for my RA after naproxen was not longer doing the trick after 5 years. I’m conflicted on how to rate the medicine because there are pros and cons. For one, the price is ridiculous. It’s $5 to get the 2 meds, versus hundred for this “special one”. Also, the studies saying that Duexis is better at reducing ulcers than both meds separate aren’t statistically significant. Secondly, I did find this medicine to help my joint pain, but I was constantly attempting to take the lowest dose, as said on the warning labels. However, my doctor told me to take it 3 times a day, so I reluctantly downed 2400mg of ibuprofen a day. 2 months in, I’ve developed ulcers. It does seem counterintuitive to have patients with a lowered immune system take medications with such high rates of ulcers. I’ve never had a stomach ulcer, so I didn’t realize I was susceptible. But for others who have “strong stomachs”, this may help you."

Nhbc · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "I thought this medication was improving my condition but as time went by it it only got worse when I just saw the bill from Aetna and saw what they were charging for this medication I would not have even taken the first pill. Oh my feet became very sore swollen and made walking much worse so I would not really recommend this to anybody. The cost is outrageous! Even though my out of pocket was low - it pushed me into the coverage 3 level."

Drea · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Was taking this medication for tendinitis. After a couple of months of taking 800mg once a day my resting heart rate increased from 67 to 75. Haven't been able to check my blood pressure yet while increased BP can be a side effect. Also have been experiencing chest pain and I know heart attack and stroke and blood clotting can be a side effect. I will stop taking this medication and see if my resting heart rate decreases and pay attention to continuing chest pain. I’m gonna have to experiment with anti inflammatory foods and spices."

Avalon1 · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2018

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "It doesn't work at all for pain."

Sherryc · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2018

For NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "Bulging disc/sciatica/uterine fibroids I take this as needed for pain associated with all of the above. Taking it 2x/day right now for cramping. Scheduled for hysterectomy next week. This works well but doesn't last until next dose."

Jack March 8, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was prescribed Duexis for chronic pain. I took this for a couple of days. I had shortness of breath, stomach pains and I thought I was going to have a stroke. I immediately stopped taking this. I'm disappointed as I have had chronic pain for over 5 years and was hoping this would help. But the feeling of about to have a stroke is worse than my chronic pain."

2 resdads · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 18, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain and this works better than plain ibuprofen for some reason. I also don't get stomach upset, etc. I have Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) because I have taken so much ibuprofen over the last 30 years to control my pain in the jaw and face which moves down to neck and shoulders and downward if I don't stop it as soon as I can once it begins."

Heather D. · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This prescription is absolutely amazing for my MIGRAINES/FIBRO/MENSTRUAL CRAMPS! Despite taking the full gamut of migraine medicines prescribed by a neurologist, I had to resort to my husband's prescription when the pain was just too much to take. Really takes the edge off a major migraine in full effect -- usually gets rid of it completely. I see alot of reviews for taking this 3x a day with bad consequences. Taking ibuprofen 3x a day (no buffer) made my stomach bleed in the same way they describe. I never use more than one of these a day--never need more because they work so well! :) Unfortunately Duexis is no longer available and the regular price is outrageous without the $off rebate via Chicago pharmacy. My dr prescr the drugs separately and it doesn't work as well."

Anniebobannie · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "This medicine worked wonderfully for my pain from Undifferentiated connective tissue disease . I am 49 years old. After taking it I had virtually no pain which gave me the energy to get things done. Unfortunately after taking it as prescribed 3 times a day for a few days, I had a bowel movement that was black diarrhea. So I’ve been afraid to take it anymore."

Justonegal · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed Duexis for intense menstrual cramps caused by a large cervical cyst. This medication made the months waiting for a diagnosis and surgery much more tolerable. It was pricy (the insurance company did not want to pay for it!) and a little hard to get."

mexski · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "this really works for my tendonitis so well it is a amazing drug that actually works !!!!!!!! pain almost gone !!!!!!!!"

Gunga Din · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "Am using this for post-surgery of my Cervical area. It does a good job on my headaches and throat pain.. It is a lot better than Tylenol. and safer than Hydrocodone"

Gulch · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 12, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "As a lunch lady, I use my hands extensively & they ache! Also have severe arthritis in my AC joints. I tried many cheap, generic meds for OA, with no relief. Doc gave me a sample pack of Duexis & I've been taking it ever since. Only thing that works for me. With the co-pay coupon that is offered, it's a no brainer!"

kismetangel · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2017

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "This medication has been wonderful or me. I take it for menstrual cramps, fibromyalgia and CFS symptoms, and headaches. It also is my go-to for my newly diagnosed illness costochondritis (painful chest wall and rib pain), which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Starts working in about 30minutes. I have multiple medical issues and take many medications daily, taking Duexis eliminates the need for a separate PPI (proton pump inhibitor). I highly recommend this medication, especially in the prevention of ulcers if taking NSAIDS will be a part if your daily life !"