User Reviews for Famotidine / ibuprofen

Also known as: Duexis

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Famotidine/ibuprofen.

NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis

5.5

2 reviews
Summary of Famotidine/ibuprofen reviews 7.5 19 reviews

Reviews for Famotidine/ibuprofen

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "This medicine worked wonderfully for my pain from Undifferentiated connective tissue disease . I am 49 years old. After taking it I had virtually no pain which gave me the energy to get things done. Unfortunately after taking it as prescribed 3 times a day for a few days, I had a bowel movement that was black diarrhea. So I’ve been afraid to take it anymore."

Anniebobannie (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed Duexis for intense menstrual cramps caused by a large cervical cyst. This medication made the months waiting for a diagnosis and surgery much more tolerable. It was pricy (the insurance company did not want to pay for it!) and a little hard to get."

Justonegal (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "this really works for my tendonitis so well it is a amazing drug that actually works !!!!!!!! pain almost gone !!!!!!!!"

mexski (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "Am using this for post-surgery of my Cervical area. It does a good job on my headaches and throat pain.. It is a lot better than Tylenol. and safer than Hydrocodone"

Gunga Din (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "As a lunch lady, I use my hands extensively & they ache! Also have severe arthritis in my AC joints. I tried many cheap, generic meds for OA, with no relief. Doc gave me a sample pack of Duexis & I've been taking it ever since. Only thing that works for me. With the co-pay coupon that is offered, it's a no brainer!"

Gulch (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "This medication has been wonderful or me. I take it for menstrual cramps, fibromyalgia and CFS symptoms, and headaches. It also is my go-to for my newly diagnosed illness costochondritis (painful chest wall and rib pain), which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Starts working in about 30minutes. I have multiple medical issues and take many medications daily, taking Duexis eliminates the need for a separate PPI (proton pump inhibitor). I highly recommend this medication, especially in the prevention of ulcers if taking NSAIDS will be a part if your daily life !"

kismetangel (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "This medication has changed my life. I was in so much pain day and night that I had trouble sleeping. I didn't go places because my pain was so bad. Now I can sleep at night and most important to me is that I can play with my grandchildren again"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Over priced for what is essentially 4 Advil with a Pepcid."

Pain in the mid back (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 48 & have OA in both thumbs, neck, lower back, both hips, both feet, & both SI joints. I am prescribed Norco 10's 4x/day & Zanaflax at night. This is the 2nd time my pain management dr has given me samples of Duexis. It is simply Pepcid & Ibruprofin so im not sure as to why some people would say it's so bad, unless they are have a drug interaction with whatever else they are taking. As for me it didn't help anymore than just taking any other OTC pain reliever. On this 2nd time after starting my feet & ankles have been swollen. I'm gonna stop taking it for a while & see what happens. Might just be a vein issue. My ins would not cover (medicaid of course)"

KimNJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have degenerative joint due to arthritis and was given samples by physician worked fine. The joint is in my foot so walking was improved"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "I have 5 lumbar 5 cervical bulging discs = left sciatic, left hip pain, bilateral wrist to above elbow pain. The pain is severe. Per MD orders, I took Duexis 7 days on/7 days off for two cycles. When I stop, within 3-4 days pain makes my life dysfunctional. Within 2 days of starting, the pain decreases significantly. The drug is extremely expensive so MD ordered 800 mg tablets ibuprofen and I bought over the counter 10 mg famotadine tabs. I have been taking that duo twice a day and the Duexis once a day. I am very reluctant to take this med long term because of my age (70 ), IBS, and possible liver/kidney problems. However, it is the ONLY regime right now that relieves the pain."

careful nurse January 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for : "I have had injections for a severe lower back injury and have tried many different pain meds. Nothing helped me until My Dr. prescribed Duexis. This medication has given me my life back! I do think it might make me retain a little fluid and I maybe gained a few pounds but nothing significant. Also causes some gas. Nothing severe though! My pain level went from a 9/10 to a 2/3 sometimes even a 1 on this medicine!"

Releived (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I use this med for lower back pain."

SpeedyRecovery (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I had a sample and the first time I took it mypain was gone in 2 hours. For almost 2 days I hardly had any pain."

Wendelle October 29, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for : "I was prescribed Duexis for bursitis and IT Band syndrome. After taking five tablets over two days, according to the directions and always with food, the effects were unbearable. I first noticed rapid weight gain then severe stomach pain, and ultimately diarrhea which was black and sticky. Wicked stuff. Stopped immediately, will resume with low doses of ibuprofen and naproxen. The only good thing I can say about it is that it did control my pain and provided a deep, restful sleep."

Fitness Buff (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Took for a week, within 3 days I had major bloating and gas. Each day got worse and stomach pain unbearable. I'm On my way to urgent care now."

TMJones May 1, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "After taking one pill twice per day for three weeks I suddenly experienced in the middle of the night an excessive amount of blood being discharges with diarrhea. This continued every two to three hours until mid-morning when I was admitted to a hospital. I was dx with diverticulosis and admitted over night. Was treated with antibiotics. The bleeding stopped by midafternoon. The following day I was discharged and then went to see my family Dr. He did not believe that I had diverticulosis as I had NO pain associated with the episodes. After reviewing my meds he told me I should contact the prescribing Dr(knee specialist) regarding the episode and continuing the meds for pain. I was told by the surgeons nurses to stop the meds."

Yankguy70 March 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "I was prescribed this after a car accident. Worked so well and I no longer had to take Pepcid AC 2 x a day!"

Decatladt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 25, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Easy to take, no side effects, but did not relieve pain and discomfort as well as expected. Did not seem to be any more effective than Advil Liqui-Gels, which have been taken for the pain condition for several months."

ChrisN22 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2014