User Reviews for Low-Ogestrel-28

Birth Control 22 reviews 281 medications

5.3
Summary of Low-Ogestrel-28 reviews 27 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Low-Ogestrel-28

For Birth Control "I've been on these for 6 months, I'm a very petite person and ever since I was 17 I've had crazy bad cramps and acne. I've tried a few different kinds of pills but the low- Ogestrel 28 pills made me sick, cramps never went away and even got worse. My acne got good within a few months but then got bad again. My sex dive has decreased and I hate that, it also has messed with my hormones and I'm already emotional so I'm ten times more upset when I don't need to be. I don't have a good appetite anymore and it making me more sick, also made me throw up when I take them to late. My period goes from 4 days to 2 days, then a week, its all over the place and I would like a steady cycle. so in all these pills are to over the place not really helpful."

DarlingB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I've only been on this pill for a week now and my breast have become bigger I was in a C and D in some but non of my C's fit me anymore. And I don't know if this effects it or not but I started the pill on the Sunday my period was on. i also am very nauseous when I wait up or stand up for a long time. My hips have hurt very badly in the past couple of days. Really thinking about stopping this medication"

HNMB June 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on the pill when I was 16 for a possible ovarian cyst. I was on it for about a year or so before I came off of it for the negative side effects. My body went back to normal straight away and didn't think anything of it. When I met my husband, we talked and decided that it wasn't the right time for us and went back on it. I was on it for 14 months and got off of it for the same reasons as before and also we want to try to concieve. I have not had my period since November. I went to my doctor in January who put me on Provera for ten days and finally got a withdrawal period. It's mid April and still nothing. Don't do it."

Anonymous86135654 April 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I got switched to this pill because I was beginning to have severe cramps on my lutera pill. I liked this pill for the first 3 months as I noticed my boobs grew, my acne completely cleared up, and I my cramps were gone. However, during this time period I noticed about a 10 lb weight gain that only occurred while I was on the pill (I lost 8.7 pounds while on my sugar pills one week). I also noticed that I was really emotional and got upset about everything and I never cry, ever. I know everybody has different reactions to medications, but I would suggest not even trying this pill because the pros were not worth the cons."

wd10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I was very fond of this birth control for many reasons. I was put on it a few months before I turned 17, and since I was about 12 my skin had been very bad. This medicine combined with my dermatological medicines kept my skin smooth and completely clear for months on end. My periods were never very painful and only started on Wednesday or Thursday with light bleeding and cramps. I was never moody and did not gain any weight at all, it might have actually regulated my weight. The only downside (and reason I'm switching) is that I had extreme vaginal dryness to the point where during intercourse we had to reapply lube at least three times. Sex became painful and unenjoyable for me so I am switching to a birth control with less estrogen in it."

olivestaff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am so satisfied with Low Ogestrel! I am only a teenager, just using this birth control for period management; not actual birth control. Before I was on this pill I had the worst periods ever. I had unbearable cramps, I was sick all of the time, and yet we're very very heavy! Now I have been on Low Ogestrel for 8 months and I couldn't be happier with the results. My periods are much lighter, only last a few days, I have far less cramping, and I don't get sick anymore! I experience very slight side effects, sometimes nausea after taking the pill every night, and slight weight gain. Overall, totally worth it!"

Bnn9033 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 27, 2015

For Birth Control "Before being on birth control, I had light bleeding, but terrible, painful cramps, and I started experiencing migraine headaches from my periods. The first bc that my doctor put me on I immediately started having worst abdominal cramping that I ever felt. So, after six months, she switched me to low-ogestrel 28, the first month was fine, but now I'm experiencing abdominal cramping again, and a little light headedness during the intense cramping, I take the pill in the morning, and the cramping happens, usually at night. I also think that its messing up my GI tract, because I'm experiencing upset stomach & diarrhea issues that I have never experienced before, I definitely will be switching to something else."

Mai may September 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was given this pill because I was having my period for a full month and breaking out badly. I've always had these problems and other brands of birth control wouldn't work for me. I took this and my period went back to normal right away. My skin has gotten absolutely amazing. I used to try every single thing I could to cure my acne. When I got on this pill my skin completely cleared. When I do get a pimple, it'll only be one and it'll very small. I couldn't be happier with this birth control. Me and my partner have had slipups and I haven't gotten pregnant."

hlambskin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Well just started these pills this month, on my third week and I could already feel some minor side effects. I started cramping within the 2nd week, I'm a little bit more moody, and my sex drive definitely decreased mainly because I've been cramping a lot. I will give it a couple of months before I decide to switch. Hopefully it goes away."

Geeee August 30, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have just finished my first month of taking Low-Ogestrel. I was put on it because of my horrible menstrual cramps and haven't really experienced any bad side affects other than migraines during the first week or so. I am currently on my period and didn't have any cramps i am also bleeding very lightly. So thumbs up for me!"

Stacia L. July 15, 2015

For Birth Control "This was my first time experience with any birth control, I'm 22 and have no children and take no other medication. Unfortunately, this birth control side affect on me was numbness on the left side of my body (left arm and leg were both numb). Also, my sex drive decreased tremendously."

DMDR (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Sweating all the time....right through my clothes. Think too high for me"

JSIM (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2014

For Endometriosis "I experienced increasing endometriosis pain for 4 years which culminated in two months of extreme continuous pain. I was reluctant to try anything that changed my hormones due to negative experiences with birth control in the past. I was given Low-Ogestrel when I went into the ER for the endometrial pain. I took it that night and woke up pain free the next day! This one tiny pill gave me my life back. I was astounded. I had slight nausea for the first few days but that subsided and I have experienced no other side effects."

Outdoor Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2014

For Birth Control "This is my second month taking Low Ogestrel. Definitely has helped with hormonal acne breakouts.. Still get a pimple every once in a while when I'm stressed and it's around my period. The only thing I'm concerned about is having a brown discharge instead of my period during the placebo week."

Ash1245 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 5 years after being switched through so many in about a 6 month time frame! Happy to have found this on, my doctors have tried to switch me since the name brand I believe was taken off the market at one point. It's not worth breakthrough bleeding and yeast infections I've experience with other pills. I am about 10-15lbs heavier but I'm in college and my diet sucks. Periods are clockwork, starts in 4th day of sugar pill off by start of new pack....when I'm stressed or not sexually active I have no periods at all. Moodiness has been the worst of it all, mostly around mid-cycle to end. Other than that I refuse to switch!"

PG14 March 5, 2014

For Birth Control "I am one of the unlucky few who had a severe side effect from this birth control. My legs, knees, hips, and ankles all feel like they're being crushed. My muscles in my legs feel like they're being torn from the skin. The pain is tremendous. I was advised to stop the pill and wait 2 weeks to see if the pain subsides any. Hopefully this doesn't leave any lasting damage. I was only on this pill for 8 days and all of this happened!"

Ashley2326 November 7, 2013

For Birth Control "After being on Tri-Nessa for at least a decade with no problems, I was switched from Tri-Nessa to Low Ogestrel because I was experiencing very heavy bleeding during my periods. The Low Ogestrel did fix the heavy bleeding but at a cost. I've been on L.O. for 6 months and have been experiencing depression, mood swings, acne on my chin and pimples on my scalp.At first I attributed these things to the beginning of menopause, but after really thinking about it, it just seemed too coincidental that these things began when I began taking a different pill. This morning I googled "side effects of Low Ogestrel" and am finding pages of stories just like mine. I already have a call into my dr. and will switch pills."

SummerSnowflake October 28, 2013

For Birth Control "I was switched to this medication after being on a birth control that worked wonders for me. My doctor was sure it would help me with some of my skin issues such as eczema. However, it made everything a million times worse! Not only did my skin break out in rashes on my wrist and face, I had pimples all over my body, had horrible morning sickness to the point where I could barely eat anything all day, and it made me extremely moody. I was told that the pill caused my hormones to go out of whack and send me into a state like a pregnant teenager. It was horrible. If they work for you, that's great but they're not for me."

Dolphinessa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2013

For Birth Control "These are my first birth control pills. I had heard about the weight gain and such but it never happened to me. I am really happy with the pill. During my pre-pill life, I had cramping and lots of gas and mood fluctuations during periods but during this pill I have very predictable periods and almost no mood imbalances or unusual pain. Since I work out regularly, I experienced no weight gain at all."

TRandhawa (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 27, 2013

For Birth Control "I switched from Loestrin 24 to this pill because I was having spotting for 3 weeks out of every month. As soon as I started this pill, the spotting stopped and now I only have my period from the middle to the end of the last week of pills (4 days). Overall, I have few side effects besides some bloating at the end of the month and a pretty bad headache the first day of my period. I did gain 5 lbs. within a few months of starting this (on top of 5 lbs. from Loestrin), but a few months ago I started a modest diet/exercise plan and have lost 6 lbs. fairly easily. Well worth it for pregnancy prevention and regular periods!"

nashgirl85 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 19, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on Low-Ogestrel-28 for a year now, and I am very happy with them. Before getting on birth control I would have heavy periods and my cramping was horrible. It was irregular too. Now I get my period exactly every 28 days. I don't cramp at all and I do not have any side effects at all. Me and my boyfriend feel safe with this birth control and I haven't had no bad experience it with. I will continue to use this until I decide to have kids."

carii9523 January 29, 2012

For Birth Control "I was on Apri for a while and had no problems with it but early this year I had a problem with my periods and was possibly diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) but my OBGYN disagreed, however she switched my birth control to the Low-Ogesterel 28. My period is super light and very short. I'm a model/body builder and have had no acne/weight gain which is very important for me. And still maintain a high libido. LOVE it. Almost afraid to switch. Would only switch to get less periods a year. However my period was replaced with a brown discharge which was concerning but got it confirmed as normal."

Anonymous December 13, 2011

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I get severe acne now, I sweat more often then not now, and I now have cramping - which I have never had before. Plus I start my period early and end late."

I HATE MY MOON January 2, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for a year now and I noticed my skin is getting progressively worse. I never had bad skin before and now even on Proactive it's bad! I also have very dry eyes from the pill. My Doctor even put punctual plugs in my tear ducts and my eyes are still dry. I also noticed that it makes me sweat a lot more than I normally do."

Anonymous October 8, 2010

For Birth Control "Told my doctor I wanted to try another pill after my old pill was giving me migraines during my placebo week. She said I could take this and skip the placebo week (and my period). I did have some break through bleeding 2-3 times, nothing as heavy a real period, no cramps. Didn't have any negative side effects. However noticed my breasts grew nearly a cup size. Can't complain."

Anonymous May 19, 2010