User Reviews for Low-Ogestrel-28

Birth Control
5.8

Summary of Low-Ogestrel-28 reviews 6.2 40 reviews

Reviews for Low-Ogestrel-28

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control since I was a freshman in high school. I'm 19 now and I'd have to say I've really had no problems. I started Low-Ogestrel 28 after having major problems with some other I tried out. You might have some nausea for the first few months but it goes away once your body gets used to it. I had terrible heavy periods and hormonal acne and it makes my period way more regular. I know the exact day and time my period will start every month and they are shorter and lighter. Plus I've been in a serious relationship for a long time where we don't use condoms so I know it works lol. 10/10"

Faith (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I love this birth control compared to the three I've been on. I took it for a year and had the best skin of my life, my periods completely went away not even cramping, and my breasts were a cup size bigger than normal. I'm looking to start taking it again four months post partum. I quit taking it for only one week and became pregnant ( planned pregnancy and happened a lot faster than I thought.) The pill they put me on after pregnancy has done the opposite of what this pill did for me and I'm having two periods a month and extremely moody. I miss this birth control and can't wait to start it again. I'd give it 10 stars but I had a lot of yeast infections while taking this birth control and none anymore. It's worth the yeast infections honestly to me. I'd rather go get monistat than go through so many tampons and underwear with heavy bleeding."

Yo (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I began taking LO when I was 18 as my periods were always painful, heavy, a full week long and irregular for the 5 years before beginning this medication, with cycles anywhere from 18 days to 35 days. The bad cramps, heavyish flow and lengthy period never really went away when I began the pill, which is the only reason I give this less than a 10/10. I fortunately never had a problem with my skin, and LO definitely didn't create any problem. The main reason I was prescribed this pill over any other is because it's totally covered by insurance. It has been very effective at doing what it's supposed to for me, ie preventing pregnancy and it's a really nice bonus to not have to panic about not being protected from a period that I don't know when to expect. I am going to stop taking this pill only because after 3.5 years, I am sooooo tired of taking a pill every day. I'll just take my chances lol."

leedlelee (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2018

For Birth Control "After dealing with breakthrough bleeding from other pills my doctor switch me to this. I gave it 3 months and I'm having the worst acne of my life even as a teenager my face was not this bad I look like a drug addict and I'm embarrassed and I'm getting off of this immediately."

MotivatedMomOf2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

For Birth Control "Was on it for about a year and 2 months. Experienced no weight gain or mood swings. My acne was not severe by any means but it did flare the first month I started taking low-ogestrel, which went away the next month. Still get occasional pimples closer to my period. Had to switch because after about 11-12 months I started spotting during the active pills, which turned into full blown periods that would last for 2 weeks. Tried to ride it out because my doctor suggested it might be a hiccup, but it continued for two more months. Was bummed because I loved this birth control."

Alc14 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2017

For Birth Control "My pharmacy used this brand and cryselle interchangeably, but both were generally the same thing for me. I gained a lot of weight on depo before this, and though I haven't gained more on this pill, I haven't been able to lose much weight on it either. My face isn't necessarily breaking out, but cheeks have been red with little bumps almost like rosacea since starting this brand. It isn't constant but does flare up sometimes. The only really bad side effect I've noticed is I've gotten really bad anxiety and mood swings. It is still way better than how I felt on depo and the birth control is really cheap ($15 per pack) so I will stick with it until I have money to try other brands"

Rlt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2017

For Birth Control "I really like this medication, however it does make me a bit grouchy and mean during the first week of each pill package. My appetite is normal. My periods are very light. No cramps. Was worried about the weight gain, but I have lost weight so I am guessing it can be due to work or some ingredient that does not cause a lot of bloat and water retention. In result, I am looking forward to stay with this brand."

Noey7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

For Birth Control "First off I have only been on this pill for one month; I will update when I have been on it for longer and how I'm feeling. Why I got on this pill? I was having crazy irregular cycles, I would go two months without a period and then be bleeding HEAVILY for nearly a month straight. I didn't really have any pain or anything but I didn't want to become anemic and many women in my family struggle with PCOS and endometriosis so I wanted to get this taken care of, not to mention even though my S.O. and I have been together over 3 years we're really not in a place to have a child so it was probably best that I got on a birth control again. (In the past I had the Depo shot and Aviane pill but had stopped due to the side effects I was experiencing."

MEW603 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this medicine in August, so I haven't really been on it for long.. But, I did notice it regulated my periods. I had VERY irregular periods, which is why I am on birth control. I mean my periods were very light and lasted 2 weeks! And I feel like it made my cramping worse."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 3 months now I think, my Dr.switched it up randomly and it says it clears your skin but honestly my skin has been very bad since I started taking these..I have very bad breakouts and I've never been this bad.. my period has always been kinda normal and still is but I have gained weight a lot too.. any recommendations??"

Pinkiie September 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for a week after switching from my old pill. I was getting more and more nauseous each day until I woke up on the 7th morning of taking it to horrible nausea and vomiting. I will not be continuing to take this pill."

mellonmojito (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on these for 6 months, I'm a very petite person and ever since I was 17 I've had crazy bad cramps and acne. I've tried a few different kinds of pills but the low- Ogestrel 28 pills made me sick, cramps never went away and even got worse. My acne got good within a few months but then got bad again. My sex dive has decreased and I hate that, it also has messed with my hormones and I'm already emotional so I'm ten times more upset when I don't need to be. I don't have a good appetite anymore and it making me more sick, also made me throw up when I take them to late. My period goes from 4 days to 2 days, then a week, its all over the place and I would like a steady cycle. so in all these pills are to over the place not really helpful."

DarlingB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I've only been on this pill for a week now and my breast have become bigger I was in a C and D in some but non of my C's fit me anymore. And I don't know if this effects it or not but I started the pill on the Sunday my period was on. i also am very nauseous when I wait up or stand up for a long time. My hips have hurt very badly in the past couple of days. Really thinking about stopping this medication"

HNMB June 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on the pill when I was 16 for a possible ovarian cyst. I was on it for about a year or so before I came off of it for the negative side effects. My body went back to normal straight away and didn't think anything of it. When I met my husband, we talked and decided that it wasn't the right time for us and went back on it. I was on it for 14 months and got off of it for the same reasons as before and also we want to try to concieve. I have not had my period since November. I went to my doctor in January who put me on Provera for ten days and finally got a withdrawal period. It's mid April and still nothing. Don't do it."

Anonymous86135654 April 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I got switched to this pill because I was beginning to have severe cramps on my lutera pill. I liked this pill for the first 3 months as I noticed my boobs grew, my acne completely cleared up, and I my cramps were gone. However, during this time period I noticed about a 10 lb weight gain that only occurred while I was on the pill (I lost 8.7 pounds while on my sugar pills one week). I also noticed that I was really emotional and got upset about everything and I never cry, ever. I know everybody has different reactions to medications, but I would suggest not even trying this pill because the pros were not worth the cons."

wd10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I was very fond of this birth control for many reasons. I was put on it a few months before I turned 17, and since I was about 12 my skin had been very bad. This medicine combined with my dermatological medicines kept my skin smooth and completely clear for months on end. My periods were never very painful and only started on Wednesday or Thursday with light bleeding and cramps. I was never moody and did not gain any weight at all, it might have actually regulated my weight. The only downside (and reason I'm switching) is that I had extreme vaginal dryness to the point where during intercourse we had to reapply lube at least three times. Sex became painful and unenjoyable for me so I am switching to a birth control with less estrogen in it."

olivestaff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am so satisfied with Low Ogestrel! I am only a teenager, just using this birth control for period management; not actual birth control. Before I was on this pill I had the worst periods ever. I had unbearable cramps, I was sick all of the time, and yet we're very very heavy! Now I have been on Low Ogestrel for 8 months and I couldn't be happier with the results. My periods are much lighter, only last a few days, I have far less cramping, and I don't get sick anymore! I experience very slight side effects, sometimes nausea after taking the pill every night, and slight weight gain. Overall, totally worth it!"

Bnn9033 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 27, 2015

For Birth Control "Before being on birth control, I had light bleeding, but terrible, painful cramps, and I started experiencing migraine headaches from my periods. The first bc that my doctor put me on I immediately started having worst abdominal cramping that I ever felt. So, after six months, she switched me to low-ogestrel 28, the first month was fine, but now I'm experiencing abdominal cramping again, and a little light headedness during the intense cramping, I take the pill in the morning, and the cramping happens, usually at night. I also think that its messing up my GI tract, because I'm experiencing upset stomach & diarrhea issues that I have never experienced before, I definitely will be switching to something else."

Mai may September 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was given this pill because I was having my period for a full month and breaking out badly. I've always had these problems and other brands of birth control wouldn't work for me. I took this and my period went back to normal right away. My skin has gotten absolutely amazing. I used to try every single thing I could to cure my acne. When I got on this pill my skin completely cleared. When I do get a pimple, it'll only be one and it'll very small. I couldn't be happier with this birth control. Me and my partner have had slipups and I haven't gotten pregnant."

hlambskin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Well just started these pills this month, on my third week and I could already feel some minor side effects. I started cramping within the 2nd week, I'm a little bit more moody, and my sex drive definitely decreased mainly because I've been cramping a lot. I will give it a couple of months before I decide to switch. Hopefully it goes away."

Geeee August 30, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have just finished my first month of taking Low-Ogestrel. I was put on it because of my horrible menstrual cramps and haven't really experienced any bad side affects other than migraines during the first week or so. I am currently on my period and didn't have any cramps i am also bleeding very lightly. So thumbs up for me!"

Stacia L. July 15, 2015

For Birth Control "This was my first time experience with any birth control, I'm 22 and have no children and take no other medication. Unfortunately, this birth control side affect on me was numbness on the left side of my body (left arm and leg were both numb). Also, my sex drive decreased tremendously."

DMDR (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Sweating all the time....right through my clothes. Think too high for me"

JSIM (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2014

For Endometriosis "I experienced increasing endometriosis pain for 4 years which culminated in two months of extreme continuous pain. I was reluctant to try anything that changed my hormones due to negative experiences with birth control in the past. I was given Low-Ogestrel when I went into the ER for the endometrial pain. I took it that night and woke up pain free the next day! This one tiny pill gave me my life back. I was astounded. I had slight nausea for the first few days but that subsided and I have experienced no other side effects."

Outdoor Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2014

For Birth Control "This is my second month taking Low Ogestrel. Definitely has helped with hormonal acne breakouts.. Still get a pimple every once in a while when I'm stressed and it's around my period. The only thing I'm concerned about is having a brown discharge instead of my period during the placebo week."

Ash1245 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2014