User Reviews for Tri-Linyah

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tri-Linyah.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
7.5

Acne

Birth Control
4.8

Summary of Tri-Linyah reviews 5.8 25 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Linyah

For Birth Control "I moved to a new city and a new pharmacy. They switched my birth control from Norgestimate to this Tri-linyah. Literally after 3 days of taking it I had all the symptoms I get with my period! Sore breasts, horrible and I mean horrible cramps, and HORRIBLE mood swings! Not to mention the constant overheating! I called the pharmacy to switch it back by the 7th day."

Tinalina November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I just started taking this. I am now on week 4 and it is bitter sweet so far. My period has been abnormal (about 2 years without a period) and my doc prescribed this pill to me. It's "sweet" because I got my period. Not too light and not too heavy. However, there are a lot of "bitter" sides. For 1 week, I felt really nauseous. Also, I barely have acne on my face before, but after taking these pills I developed small acne all over. It looks like chicken pox all over my face. I will continue to try this for 2 more months. If the problems persist, I'm going to ask doc to prescribe me something else."

Kc Ren (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking this contraceptive for about a year now and I LOVE it. My periods are still the same length (about a week) but they're so much lighter. Before Tri-Linyah I had the worst period pains and now my periods are a breeze. As far as mood swings I don't see a change in my moods other than usual. Also I haven't gained several pounds because of it. Plus NO BABIES! Keep in mind it does have different effects on different people."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for two months and hate it. My periods have been extremely worse than the ones I had before the pill. Plus I'm spotting every. single. week. In addition, I am so nauseous, lower sex drive, and very moody. I forgot to take this pill one night and felt way better the next day. I took the pill that night, and started feeling sick again immediately. I thought I've had a flu bug, but I think it's the effects of this medication!"

Dontlike (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've switched between different generic versions of Ortho tri cyclen, and this is not my favorite. I have terrible cystic acne, and it did help a LOT with that. But it did nothing at all for my periods. My periods without birth control caused me to be in a haze, nausea, vomiting, terrible cramping, and heavy bleeding. With Tri-Linyah, it was mostly the same! The other generic pills I tried at least eased my periods so that they were bearable. On Tri-Linyah I also didn't know what to expect, some periods would be longer, start at different times, or be lighter/heavier. I'm not sure how different generic medications of the same type can really be, but I noticed this one was definitely different."

Good skin, bad cramps October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control to help with ovarian cysts. It has helped , but I'm am experiencing bad stomach issues; such as nausea, stomach pain, and throwing up! Does it ever end??? Ugh "

Angelaaa October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Horrible!!! This birth control pills caused me to have an upset stomach every day. Then came the mood swings and emotional episodes. And it also caused me to have severe anxiety attacks so I quit taking it."

Britt278 (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Every day since I started the white pills I've had a headache. I started the blue pills today and my headache turned into a migraine."

Tynx (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Ortho Tri-cyclen for about 14 years, with no issues, no pregnancies. When I got a prescription for it, the pharmacist suggested Tri- Linyah which is supposed to be the generic version, and because it was free opposed to OTC which would have been 60$. Hesitant, I agreed to try it out, and she stated that if I had any issues I could always switch back. ..... Not even 3 months in, and I'm pregnant."

Anonymous MD. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Since I've been on this pill I've had terrible mood swings around my period, the first week of every pack I feel nauseous and throw up usually once or twice. I have never gotten pregnant but my boyfriend and I take extra precautions and lately I have horrible acne and back pain"

Lollie1234567890 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been taking TRI-LINYAH for a few months. Prior to this pill I had completely clear skin, and HORRIBLE periods!!! Now it's the opposite my face is covered in acne but my periods are AMAZING.. I'm kind of disappointed about the fact I have to choose clear skin over painless periods."

Taylor Michelle April 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 10 days, purposely did not take it yesterday and already feel better today. I have had a headache every day on this pill, sensitivity to light, nausea, and heart palpitations. Then the anxiety started setting in, and I felt detached from reality. I have a lot of stress in my life but have always been able to manage it. I almost passed out while driving and went to the ER and have had every test known to man and everything is normal. Yesterday I had a panic attack. I have never had symptoms of anxiety or depression apart from normal stress and a bit of sadness after giving birth to my kids. I know everyone's body reacts differently, but it took me several days to even consider this could be my birth control."

Nope1234 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I bled abnormaly every week but this pill straighten me out in less then one week! I highly recommend this"

CL2015 March 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this medication for about 8 months and developed a pulmonary embolism. I'm 26, non smoker, 115lbs, very healthy. Birth control causes blood clots in many women. Please be aware of this. Especially if you have pain in your legs or start to feel a tightness in your chest. Never would I anticipate this happening to me."

ko12387 March 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking tri linyah for 4 years. I have never gotten pregnant on this pill. My boobs got a cup size bigger on it and i was 115 pounds before i took it and after taking it i am 125 pounds. My periods are on time and lighter on the pill. The nausea subsided about 2 months after first taking it. The only thing i didn't like about it is that it gave me mood swings and lower sex drive."

Anonymous737374 October 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on so many different birth control pills dye to heavy periods and cramps. My doctor told me at 14 I shouldn't be having pains like this. Stopped taking pills for 1 year. At 19 I got pregnant and had a miscarriage. I was so upset due to what happened and went to my doctor and told him to put me on this pill it has been the best pill yet no acne, no cramps, shorter periods, and NO pregnancy !!!!!! The only thing that happened is I gained like 15 lbs and I am not happy about that! But then again you can't have everything! I suggest this pill to every women there is!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for about a year now. I rate this pretty high because I have not become pregnant which Is why i went on the pill. BUT i have noticed mood swings tremendously and being extremely emotional when my period is coming"

Anonymous August 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 5 months, I've been experiencing nausea , vomiting , bad pains in my right leg and my boobs have gotten bigger and I'm spotting more but bleeding less during my period. But, on the bright side, my period cramps have gotten better."

Duey28 August 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking this for almost 5years, and it has worked well for me, periods are normal and light, 3-4days, acne is not bad anymore. I like it."

Anonymous July 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started taking this pill about a year ago and I LOVE it. I originally went on it for sever acne and it completely cleared up. I read all this stuff about people gaining weight but I've maintained the same weight I've had for 3 years now. Also I haven't got pregnant which is the most important thing!"

Kayla49289 May 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 4 months now and have had 0 side effects. All the reviews terrified me but like I said I'm totally fine."

Anonymous April 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "At 16 I went on the pill, I was on the ortho tricyclin for about 3 years with no problem aside from small weight gain... suddenly I had gotten my period for 2 months straight! So my doc changed me to Sprintec and immediately I was getting headaches and yeast infections continuously! So now I'm on Tri-Linyah and its horrible! My mood swings are out of the world! I lost my sex drive completely! I went from wanting sex with my man of a year all the time to never! The amount of discharge has completely increased its horrible."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on different birth controls for 6 years. Always on a low dose and I will say I've always had accuracy with all . After getting tests done even at 15 I've been told I'm extremely fertile. Not once did I get pregnant until at 17 I stopped for a while and I had a miscarriage. But not once taking the pill. Every month almost I become paranoid it will fail but has yet to. I take the pill around the same hour almost every day and if I miss one I double up. I get nauseous for days after so i assume it could be pregnancy. This makes me use the internet that entire month looking at pregnancy signs and reading scary reviews about women saying birth control failed them. I believe that is only because they haven't been taking it right"

Italianbabexx February 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Tri-Linyah for a few years now, after trying many other pills. On this pill, my acne has completely cleared up and I have never gotten pregnant so I'd like to rate it pretty high. On other pills in the past, I had various side effects ranging from bad acne to insane anxiety, but haven't experienced any of that with this pill. The only reasons I'm not 100% in love with it are because I have gained a noticeable amount of weight since taking it (10 pounds is a lot when you only weight 115 to begin with) and my periods tend to last around 5 days. I had it down to 2-3 days when I was on Microgestin, so 5 really sucks. It does it's job though, so I keep taking it."

kim8821 November 6, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am finishing up my fifth packet and am switching to low ogestrel. This birth control did not work for me because I gained 10 lbs within 2 months of being on it; diet and exercise couldn't even take it off. As for my periods while on this BC were very regular and light. I never experienced bad mood swings."

Kfaith21 October 28, 2015