User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ovarian Cysts 12 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 5 reviews 162 medications

3.9
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo reviews 227 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

For Birth Control "Cause a blood clot that traveled to my heart and almost killed me at the age of 25 after just 5 days on it. They lied about the clinical trials and it's safety and I'm sure they will again."

Superhappyaboutthis September 25, 2016

For Birth Control "Was prescribed this pill for acne and used for over 2 months. Had minimal breakouts. The first month was perfect but by the second month I became extremely depressed and had terrible anxiety, to the point where I could no longer leave my house. Would not recommend for this reason."

F0ster841 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2016

For Birth Control "Ended up in the hospital with low hemoglobin and almost needed blood transfusion.my periods were never normal b4 but with this pill yhey never stopped. I bled for 2 months and was so weak i couldnt go to school or do anything but lay in the bed cramps were so bad and i bled through every overnight pad daily. At the time i was 15. Never again took them."

Chasity Anderson (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for over a year I like it it cleared my acne I did gain weight tho kinda having a hard time losing it too and the mood swings are crazy like the first 10 white pills I'm the most emotional and when I start my period I actually feel normal but I'm will to stick to it cause my acne was just so bad and This pill cleared me up so I really don't mind the side affects."

IBskinny July 27, 2016

For Birth Control "Let me start by saying that I love this birth control. I started taking it at the age of 14, I'm 24 now, and have never had any pregnancies! I have taken it at 8pm every night, and that has worked wonders. I notice that if I do not eat something with the pill at night, I am WAY more likely to wake up and feel sick. Now that I know what to do it's not really an issue anymore. I never gained any weight, and didn't notice any out of ordinary mood swings. Breasts did get bigger though! I tried a generic version of this about 5 years ago and had TERRIBLE results. I'm so scared to try it again, but I can barely afford the $150 it costs every month for this pill. Please lower the price!! It's a wonderful product!!"

MelaniaFalcon July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Within one week again 12 pounds fatigue Moody and just being upset and crying for no reason"

Zeeeee June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was my 3rd try at birth control pills. From my last pill, this one decreased my severe headaches. But, after going off of the pill for a couple months and going back to this I felt like I went crazy during PMS week. I have never in my life experienced such severe depression and mood-swings that I felt I was going crazy. I did have regular periods, but headaches came back full force and I am moody always."

DanielleH123 June 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Used ortho tri lo for over 3 years to regulate my period and it has been a positive experience. I have been able to use for 3 consecutive months or have a period every month. Side effects: breast tenderness, increase sex drive and bloating close to menstration. Positive are I did not gain weight, light periods, cleared my acne and it did not make me emotional and it is forgiving if I forget to take the pill. I really like this pill!"

Jessica12387 June 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I loved this pill and it worked wonderfully for me. As long as I ate with the pill during the first week, I never felt nauseous. The only reason I'm having to switch now is because my insurance no longer covers enough of it and I can't afford $150 a month. Very nervous to leave a pill that worked so well for me."

Evaria May 25, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I have really bad periods (pain almost all month long directly in ovaries, back aches, and heavy bleeding during period, diarrhea before period, panic attacks, anxiety) I started taking the pill 3 weeks ago to see if it would help with my symptoms.. I immediately noticed the nausea. It lasted all day at first and then moved to just in the evenings.. When the nausea went away i noticed my breasts being achy and my nipples felt very tingly which was super weird.. My sex drive has definitely increased since I started taking it.. The positives ive experienced so far are that my panic attacks have really calmed down, my breasts have grown, I feel More mentally present, and my appetite has decreased."

Anonymous May 10, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "10 years on this bc pill and I had to have surgery to remove a 5cm & 2cm cyst on my right ovary that was causing it to twist. fast forward a year and the same thing may be happening again."

rainbowbrite3188 April 22, 2016

For Birth Control "DONT GO ON THIS PILL. I had horrible side effects the first month of this pill to the point that i literally thought I was loosing my mind. You will also gain weight using this."

birthcontrOL122761174014018 April 20, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "this pill made me feel horrible to the point I was depressed & had a mood swings. My parents noticed & so did my boyfriend because I wanted to strangle him.I would cry on the days I took the 7 day non normal pills in the case. Thank God the dr. Changed my Rx & I feel better. To think such a tiny pill can change me into a dr.jekell & mr. Hyde."

Two key April 19, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Awful. Awful. Awful. I started on the pill when I was 15 because I was getting cramps so bad I was almost throwing up from the pain. Now at 25, I am still using the pill but have switched a few times. The brand that I am using now is terrible. Horrible cramps, periods last for a week or more, spotting, mood swings, weight gain, acne, discharge... you name it, I've got it. The pill is effective for birth control, I'll give it that, but there are a lot of negative side effects that come along with it."

Tea582 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I was previously on alese and transferred to this pill to control my acne. I have found many side affects to this pill such as weigh gain, breast enlargement and severe nausea. The nausea is my main problem as I hate feeling like that and throwing up in general so I am sceptical to keep on this pill."

rachelgreen1344 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Ive been on this since i was 15 now 19, but at first I didnt experience any sympmtons except the daily discharge....but in the past year my mood swings are HORRIBLE, my period cramps have gotten worse, I feel very depressed and my sex drive is at an all time low! other than that it works good for not getting pregnant. I hate the way it is making me feel. I recently have stopped taking it in hopes that I will return to the normal me, and started bleeding four days after not taking it."

Anonymous March 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for about a year and noticed weight gain, irritability, and horrible periods. I would have break through bleeding almost every month, and my period would last at least 10 days. My breasts were extremely tender as well. After about a month of being off of this pill and switching to another, I have lost weight and not had the bad side effects."

Bad BC February 21, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "While on this pill I had a very positive experience. My cysts were gone and the pain was under control. No nausea, my acne cleared up completely and my breast grew 1 whole cup size! (a bonus for me) My periods were lighter and I had no cramping. Previous to this pill I tried 4 other brands that make me feel completely sick and unable to do anything. I've been off bc for about 3 years now and I am probably going to get back on. My periods have been irregular with very bad cramping! Surely giving Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo another shot%u263A"

HSR42110 February 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill from age 17-21, at first to regulate periods and later for birth control. It worked great. I tried it after my first child and it worked until after a year when I missed 2 pills. I immediately started a light period, so I thought I wasn't pregnant and started a new pack the following week. However, I started bleeding again and bled the whole month but I thought it was my body adjusting to missing those pills. Finally, I tested and I got a test but it turned out I'd been miscarrying and that weekend, I finished the process. So I switched to the shot in between other pregnancies. However, I'm about to go on it again because my last pregnancy ended in stillbirth (true knot) so I don't want anything long-acting."

Kim C. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this product for 3 years, I gave it a 7 not because it wasn't effective (because it was very effective, no pregnancies), but because the first year on it was awful, I was depressed and emotional ALL the time. One week out of the month maybe I felt okay, MAYBE. After a year I would have gave it a 9 (minor acne was the only issue). I loved that pill after the first year was over, I changed once because my clinic ran out of stock, NEVER AGAIN. I went emotionally crazy after I switched to a different brand, needless to say I switched back after that pack was used up. About 2 or so years later I switched to the generic brand TriNessa Lo and love it just as much."

RachealAnne (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I got on this birth control to regulate my period and get rid of acne. The only good thing about this was that my period started on the same day each month and it was shorter. The negative effects I had were bad acne, cramps worsened, period was really heavy, and heavy spotting the first 2 months. I figured I needed to wait at least 3 months for any good effects, but the negatives weighed out the positive and I'm now off of this medicine. I didn't gain any weight luckily. In fact, I lost some weight, but that could be a coincidence. The breakouts were the worst part about this birth control, though and that is why I'm not taking it anymore."

alana5783 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I personally have problems with most birth control so I do not want to give Tri-Cyclen Lo completely bad review but do want to share experience since my doctor will not believe me. Over the last year have been trying the different birthcontols and when I first started Tri-Cyclen Low it seemed like the best of all the evils. I was quite nauseous and hungry all the time but I tried to control this with really good food options and delt with the feeling. Now going on six months of Tri-Cyclen I have found that I am extremely depressed, lightheaded and dizzy all the time. The pain of nausea and hunger is constant and painful. I am at a loss of what to do since my doctor isn't listening to me."

Breezy Baby February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill from July 2013 to Dec 2014. Had absolutely no problems with it. Helped me regulate my period, which was awesome. Got off the pill, 4 months later, boom!.. pregnant lol. But I'm back at it, once again. I truly like this pill."

Rizzitos (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 4-5 years. I never realized how crazy it made me until I came off of it! I seriously constantly thought about eating and was never satisfied. The first month I was off my appetite cut in half and I lost 8 lbs! (138 to 130, so it's not like 8 lbs was insignificant). Since then I've dropped another 3 - doing absolutely NOTHING. I had a weird constant white/yellow discharge on this pill for over a year that my Drs couldn't explain . I'm not sure if all of this is just from this particular pill or if I'd be like this on any HBC, but after my first month off I felt so much better I decided to get the copper IUD instead of a new hormonal option."

Tina6225 January 28, 2016

For Birth Control "When I first started taking ortho lo, my moderate acne cleared up! My periods were SO much lighter. However, adjusting to this pill was hell. Mood swings, crying, psycho basically. After 6 months, I was fine. 5 years later and I am still on, never got pregnant, no acne, light periods, very moody during PMS but no cramps. I think it is worth it for sure. I have gained weight however I started at 17 and am now 22- college probably made me gain those few pounds."

Dani93 January 21, 2016