User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ovarian Cysts 12 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 5 reviews 169 medications

3.9
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo reviews 241 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

For Birth Control "This pill has been great! My husband and I married 9 yrs ago and i started taking it just before our wedding. When I've wanted to get pregnant I've stopped it.....pretty well immediately gotten pregnant and then when the baby is about 6 months old (I breastfeed and it's not recommended while breastfeeding) I get back on it. Had 3 kiddos so all in all I've been on this pill for at least 5 years. Only cons I've experienced are a bit of weight gain/harder to lose weight on it. I'm not talking a huge amount but 5-15 lbs. And it's really expensive for me to buy the brand name local so I just get my ob to give me a written prescription and I fax it to an online pharmacy and get it there. Aside from that it's great"

Boodleblue (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS BC!!! Give it time and it works. I had acne and now it's gone. Also terrible cramps and now I have no cramps whatsoever. I've been using it for about 4 months now. Very happy."

Kyee618 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I guess hormonal BC isnt for me. I switched to OTC Lo after being on Alesse 28 for 3 months. I was beginning to get acne on Alesse and it was impacting my mood. My GP recommended I try this BC because apparently it's good for acne. Well...this Bc made my acne worse. Literally ruined my chin with painful zits and now horrible scars. My depression has gotten worse and my anxiety is through the roof. I have an appetite that is endless and gained so much weight. Also my period happens before the placebo week which is odd. I absolutely hate this pill and wish I never started birth control at all. As far as Birth control it does its job but the side effects are not worth it."

Ajazghidh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I love this pill. Before starting ortho I was on Junel Fe and had two periods per month. One on and off the active pill. With ortho I've had none of that nonsense, no weight gain, no additional moodiness, no loss of sex drive, and relatively good control over my acne. I only see flare ups on the inactive pills. My only complaint would be that it didn't make my period lighter or decrease my symptoms. Overall, love it."

ElenaL January 14, 2017

For Birth Control "My Personal Experience. * Effectiveness: It was completely fine. I felt safe using it even with unprotected sex. I never felt the need to use extra protection. * Side effects and how it made me feel emotionally and physically: I did not experience sickness or irritability. However, I did experience weight gain, increase of appetite, and hormonal acne. After a while the acne settled down once my body got use to the hormonal changes. * Insurance coverage: My insurance is United Healthcare. So after the first month that I was on, I had to switch to a generic version, Tri-Sprintec, because they wouldn't cover it. * Pill size: Small. If you don't like taking really small pills, I would suggest taking it with yogurt or pudding"

Dovexx January 9, 2017

For Birth Control "After a month and a half on this, I have experienced a heavy period lasting about 5-6 days. My breasts are not sore but have grown about 4 inches/fuller. No mood changes or negative effects . So far I like this . I'm in my early thirties."

Melowin (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Feb. to Sept. I was on the mini pill just progesterone and during that time I got acne that never went away and I gained 25 pounds with bad mood swings. Prior to that I was on Yasmine for a year which caused my hair to thin out but my doctor was concerned it was giving me really bad headaches. I started Ortho Tri Cyclean Lo 32 days ago and everyday I've had a period which today it seems to be going away. I know it takes up to 90 days for my body to adjust so I'm willing to work through it. The acne has gone away completely, no headaches, no severe mood swings and my hair has stopped falling out. I don't have the food cravings so hopefully I can start to lose the weight. I have noticed my breasts have grown which is fine by me."

KJune December 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Natalia W here again, as I said I would review this pill if my period did not stop... I am on day 15 now of my period. It got lighter at day 9-14, where I never wore a tampon however bled when I peed or worked out... Today I woke up, day 15, cramps, heavier bleeding, and wearing a tampon AGAIN. Made an appointment with my Dr to see if this is normal.... I did just start this BC so I hope my body is just regulating... Still no weight gain, no crazy mood swings, no acne.... Just non stop period. Will update with new info if necessary... Still not a bad pill because no weight gain, acne , and my sex drive is still pretty much the same, maybe a tiny bit lowered, but probably because I am constantly on my period."

NataliaWagain November 5, 2016

For Birth Control "GREAT! I have been on this pill since I was 17. I am now almost 22 and no complaints. I originally got on it to regulate my period which it did, and shortened and lightened it too! Less acne. No weight gain. No pregnancies. With my insurance, it is free too!"

Karawill (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I was so scared to go on this pill or any pill for that matter! Read terrible reviews. Did so much research and they all seemed like a bad choice. Decided this seemed like the best bet. Been on it 17 days and I love it. No weight gain, no acne, no hormonal mood swings. My only complaint is I am on day 8 of my period, (when I wasnt on the pill my period was 8 days long too) I thought this would make it shorter. I am hoping today is the last day, if it continues for longer, I will update my review. But so far,so good! I actually lost some weight taking this pill! Happy girl here."

NataliaW October 28, 2016

For Birth Control "Out of both birth controls I've tried, (the other being Sprintec) this is my favorite. Although my period still hasn't regulated on it (either 2 weeks late or 2 weeks early) but I guess it's a lot better than bleeding every other week. Being a huge hypochondriac, that's of course the only downfall with this pill. Other than that, I have the same sex drive, I still don't PMS, my acne has gotten better and this is far more accessible than any other birth control here. Side note: although it may have cleared my acne, I believe it may have triggered the psoriasis that appeared on my face. If you have skin problems, be cautious"

HylianDragon October 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I first tried this in highschool and had no problems or side effects. It actually really helped me! I no longer suffered from debilitating morning cramps or heavy periods. In college I switched to Mirena IUD. Six months into having the Mirena my face broke out with pimples like I could never have imagined. I tried topical treatments, diet changes, and acne clinic facials. Nothing helped my acne, until I decided to remove the IUD. I'm now back on a brand of Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. I'm happy with my birth control again. It's doing its job and not giving me any problems - no weight gain or weight loss. I'm working on recovering my skin from acne scars, and I'm so thankful for no more active break-outs!"

Courtesies (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I loved this pill! Was on it for 14 years. I never gained weight from it or had mood swings, my period was always light and predictable. I went off the the pill completely 9 months ago because I am married and 30 ... but I have decided that I want to enjoy some years with my husband and don't want to use condoms or worry about becoming pregnant. Dr. apt booked later this month to get back on this pill. While I was off the pill I have been having headaches, insane pms, cramps, my skin has become oily, and my boobs have decreased in size :-(. Hoping when I'm back on the pill this will subside again"

Dont.diet.riot October 5, 2016

For Birth Control "im 16 and ive been taking this for about 8 months now. it works, i havent gotten pregnant, but it hasnt really regulated my period. a couple months ago, i had my period for 3 weeks straight despite taking the pill. also, it absolutely killed my sex drive which is very annoying. ive had depression for about 5 years now and i dont know if taking tri cyclen lo made it worse, but it definitely didnt help."

maria!!! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2016

For Birth Control "Cause a blood clot that traveled to my heart and almost killed me at the age of 25 after just 5 days on it. They lied about the clinical trials and it's safety and I'm sure they will again."

Superhappyaboutthis September 25, 2016

For Birth Control "Was prescribed this pill for acne and used for over 2 months. Had minimal breakouts. The first month was perfect but by the second month I became extremely depressed and had terrible anxiety, to the point where I could no longer leave my house. Would not recommend for this reason."

F0ster841 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2016

For Birth Control "Ended up in the hospital with low hemoglobin and almost needed blood transfusion.my periods were never normal b4 but with this pill yhey never stopped. I bled for 2 months and was so weak i couldnt go to school or do anything but lay in the bed cramps were so bad and i bled through every overnight pad daily. At the time i was 15. Never again took them."

Chasity Anderson (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for over a year I like it it cleared my acne I did gain weight tho kinda having a hard time losing it too and the mood swings are crazy like the first 10 white pills I'm the most emotional and when I start my period I actually feel normal but I'm will to stick to it cause my acne was just so bad and This pill cleared me up so I really don't mind the side affects."

IBskinny July 27, 2016

For Birth Control "Let me start by saying that I love this birth control. I started taking it at the age of 14, I'm 24 now, and have never had any pregnancies! I have taken it at 8pm every night, and that has worked wonders. I notice that if I do not eat something with the pill at night, I am WAY more likely to wake up and feel sick. Now that I know what to do it's not really an issue anymore. I never gained any weight, and didn't notice any out of ordinary mood swings. Breasts did get bigger though! I tried a generic version of this about 5 years ago and had TERRIBLE results. I'm so scared to try it again, but I can barely afford the $150 it costs every month for this pill. Please lower the price!! It's a wonderful product!!"

MelaniaFalcon July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Within one week again 12 pounds fatigue Moody and just being upset and crying for no reason"

Zeeeee June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was my 3rd try at birth control pills. From my last pill, this one decreased my severe headaches. But, after going off of the pill for a couple months and going back to this I felt like I went crazy during PMS week. I have never in my life experienced such severe depression and mood-swings that I felt I was going crazy. I did have regular periods, but headaches came back full force and I am moody always."

DanielleH123 June 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Used ortho tri lo for over 3 years to regulate my period and it has been a positive experience. I have been able to use for 3 consecutive months or have a period every month. Side effects: breast tenderness, increase sex drive and bloating close to menstration. Positive are I did not gain weight, light periods, cleared my acne and it did not make me emotional and it is forgiving if I forget to take the pill. I really like this pill!"

Jessica12387 June 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I loved this pill and it worked wonderfully for me. As long as I ate with the pill during the first week, I never felt nauseous. The only reason I'm having to switch now is because my insurance no longer covers enough of it and I can't afford $150 a month. Very nervous to leave a pill that worked so well for me."

Evaria May 25, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I have really bad periods (pain almost all month long directly in ovaries, back aches, and heavy bleeding during period, diarrhea before period, panic attacks, anxiety) I started taking the pill 3 weeks ago to see if it would help with my symptoms.. I immediately noticed the nausea. It lasted all day at first and then moved to just in the evenings.. When the nausea went away i noticed my breasts being achy and my nipples felt very tingly which was super weird.. My sex drive has definitely increased since I started taking it.. The positives ive experienced so far are that my panic attacks have really calmed down, my breasts have grown, I feel More mentally present, and my appetite has decreased."

Anonymous May 10, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "10 years on this bc pill and I had to have surgery to remove a 5cm & 2cm cyst on my right ovary that was causing it to twist. fast forward a year and the same thing may be happening again."

rainbowbrite3188 April 22, 2016