User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

7.1

21 reviews
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo reviews 6.4 303 reviews

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

For Birth Control "I’m 22 and have been taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen for 2 and a half months and it’s been horrible. I know your supposed to wait at least 3 months, but I can’t. I tried to ride this out but I just can’t anymore. I got on it because I have acne and acne medication did not work. I constantly have foggy brain, can’t think, depression, irrational thoughts, horrible headaches, and severe anxiety. My anxiety is so bad now that I start shaking, sweating, nauseous, and feeling faint in some social situations. And my acne is worse. I decided today that I’m done being miserable. I just want to feel like myself again."

llc (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Okay, so I started taking Ortho Try-Cyclen Lo when I was 15, and I can honestly say that it wasn’t one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life. Although it does not clear my acne up entirely, it does reduce it significantly and it makes is less painful and red. The bad thing is that, if you aren’t unable to take it for a month, your acne will reappear pretty bad. It happened to me last month (and a few times before) and it’s really hard to clear up your skin for a while. It might take a while until you see good results, so try to be patient."

Vyl (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Been taking ortho for 1.5 months and the first pack made me have a 3 week period with every pms symptom in existence. My weight has not moved in any way but I still have been getting slightly nauseated in the morning, my breasts hurt and I am feel like I can't get enough water to drink. It makes my mouth dry! I have one more pack of these and after that I am going to decide if I can take these or not"

Fzzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Diane-35 for about 4.5 years for poly cystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and acne. Worked AMAZING, clear skin, regular periods, lightened all my dark hair from PCOS. What I didn’t know was that once your acne goes away your supposed to get off of it because it shouldn’t be used as birth control alone. So my doctor prescribed me tri cyclen lo (the generic) and it’s been about 3 months and I hate it. I have so much acne on my back, worse then before. I broke out like crazy on my jawline and chest, and on top of that I have this weird rash on my chest. Friend of mine also said she got a rash on her chest as well from this brand. It only took about 2 weeks for all this to happen and I figured my body was just trying to get used to it but I’m going to be switching to something else, my skin has never been this bad in years. Not other side effects. Just made my skin worse."

Anonymous February 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on 3 different types of birth control and this one is the best. My acne went away, barely noticeable PMS symptoms and it made my boobs grow a size or 2. I went on it to help my migraines and its definitely helping!! I would recommend this one."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 14, 2018

"I went back on this pill because I felt like I was aggressively emotional and my life revolved around my menstruation cycle. Its my 3rd month back on it, I have break through bleeding almost every day. I've gained 10lbs already. My appetite is insane/never satisfied. Its made me look very puffy on my hips/tum/thighs. I exercise regularly and eat fairly well. I became strict with my diet tracking every single calorie to see if that would help and it hasn't. At night I often find myself agonizing over how insanely hungry I am and I know its this pill! I'm giving it a couple more months but I have a feeling I'll go back off of it. Last time I was on it I was carrying around 30 lbs of extra weight and as soon as I stopped the pill, the lbs literally started to vanishing. My husband laughed at how fast the weight went and now he sees the same struggle I was having as before. This pill makes me feel like a hungry pig and I'm almost at the point where I'd rather be crazy than over weight."

LSPP February 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched from alesse to ortho tri-cyclen lo and so far loving this pill! I noticed a significant boost in my mood, generally happier throughout the day as well as my cup size increased. My acne cleared up almost completely and no weight gain. The only bad thing I noticed was slight nausea the first few days after switching brands but it was manageable and went away after a week. I would definitely recommend this pill!"

Jamie7842 January 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Ortho Tri cyclen lo for 9 months now and I am switching to another. The first 3 months were a huge wave of mood swings and acne. I gained 10 pounds in just 4 months and on top of that I have never been so prone to yeast infections !!!! I do not recommend this birth control."

hated it (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 3, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "Horrible! I started using it as a recommendating by my doctor to treat PCOS. My breasts have been swollen since day 2, it's now day 14. I've had cramps, back pain, irritability, random crying fits, emotional out bursts, and now I'm spotting and I'm in so much pain. I also have diarrhea. This medication has been just horrible for me. I've used other birth controls. None have done this to me."

Kat z November 22, 2017

For Birth Control "Worst birth control I've ever been on. Extreme burning and itching throughout vaginal area, acne and horribly tender breasts."

AllyVu November 10, 2017

For Endometriosis "This is the third and most likely last hormonal BCP I tried in order to reduce the debilitating pain I go through almost every month, on the first or second day of my period. If I don't wake up before my period cramps start to take some pain medication, there's a 90% chance I'll be throwing up whatever medication I take and then 3-4 times again after until I eventually fall asleep exhausted from all the vomit, diarrhea, dry heaving... I switched to this pill because the first BCP I tried made me have week long breakthrough bleeding and second one left me depressed. This pill though left me severely depressed with no energy and made me bleed for 20 days straight... Sure the cramps were gone but I rather go through my cramps than this any day"

Negaar November 10, 2017

For Birth Control "It all makes sense after reading some of these reviews. I haven’t been the most active person, but I did gain close to 20 lbs which happened once before on the same medication. I’ve notice my mood being all over the place, rather inpatient and emotional at times. I also get headaches and now lower back pains. I think it’s time to break up with Ortho..."

!????! October 21, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this birth control for about 4 years and have had a great experience with it. My boobs got a bit larger on it from a B cup to a D, don’t think I gained too much weight, I am very active and have always stayed around the same weight, maybe 5-10 pounds more on it. I am pretty moody even before the pill, but I have noticed my PMS is worse on the pill, but it’s still manageable. Never had a pregnancy scare and me and my boyfriend have unprotected sex the last 3 years. Overall very effective and minimal side effects for me!"

Linds mo (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on OrthoTriCyclenLo for about 3 years. I had to switch off this pill because my insurance didn't cover it anymore and there was no way I'd be paying $109 per pack. I didn't have any bad side effects on this pill. I noticed I gained about 10lbs over the years on this pill, but I wouldn't 100% blame that on the pill, I'd say it's more to do with me not working out and stuffing my face. My boobs grew 3 cup sizes. I was a 36C before, then worked my way up to a 32DDD. My acne cleared up completely and if I ever did get pimples it was always around the same time in the same spot. My periods were 3-5 days and they were very light with little to no cramps. No condoms with bf and never had a pregnancy scare. I would recommend OrthoTriCyclenLo."

Lintendo6444 September 20, 2017

For Birth Control "I've taken this medication for 11 years and it's the only one that doesn't make me vomit or be bed ridden. The normal dose my body can't handle. It's made my acne go away better then any of the creams they have out there. Having the right dose is really important."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 1, 2017

For Birth Control "I am on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for acne and for pregnancy prevention. I started it on the first day of my period and experienced nausea for about the first week, gradually getting better as time went on. I am toward the end of my 2nd week of pills and so far, so good. I noticed my skin looks clearer already but my breasts have been ache-y and quite sore, and I have experienced some cramping/side/back pain as well with this. Had unprotected sex my 7th day of the pill (was advised that since I started the pill the first day of my period, it was effective at preventing pregnancy immediately, according to the FDA insert and multiple doctors), so we shall see what happens! No spotting or anything, which was a problem I had on the NuvaRing."

mollykatherine (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for about 2 years now and I absolutely hate it. It worked very well the first couple months (originally went on it for acne) but then it started going down hill. I gained an unbearable amount of weight on my stomach and hips. My moodiness is disastrous to the point where I have can't have a normal conversation with people some days. I get extremely emotional, to the point where I cry over very small things. Not to mention, my appetite has spiked x100. I need to get off this asap. I don't recommend."

Magyar lany August 16, 2017

For Birth Control "This is an awful birth control. I was switched to it because my last birth control was very low dose and mainly for my acne, not pregnancy prevention. I am a gym junkie and eat super healthy but still gained so much weight on my hips and stomach. I was so exhausted I would fall asleep driving, and take daily naps - I have never been like that and have always had lots of energy. My face exploded with acne which hasn't happened to me in years. Not to mention I spotted every week before my period. Sometimes two weeks before. Overall this has done me no good. Do not recommend at all."

Brookea (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking the generic form of this medication a month ago. Reading reviews as something that I always do, so I wanted to share my experience. My concerns of starting a birth control pill were no weight gain, no changes in my libido and hoping to clear up my acne. This birth-control pill I believe increased my libido which was amazing. My acne is better, but not completely gone. The reason why am stopping this birth-control is because I cannot control my eating. It's like I have the munchies all day long, we're talking worse than when I was actually pregnant. I work out every day I'm in good shape but over eating will ruin any work out. Another side effect I'm having is I'm incredibly tired. I yawn all day long."

Amy in Austin August 8, 2017

For Birth Control "Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo is probably the best pill I've ever been on and I've tried 7 different pills in the last 4 years! I've been on it for about 3 months so far and I've noticed that I grew up cup size, my skin has cleared up, and thankfully no weight gain or pregnancies. The only downsides are that it's expensive, period cramps are a little more intense, and my sex drive has decreased a tiny bit. Other than that, this pill is great and I definitely recommend it."

Rosieeee August 7, 2017

For Birth Control "First month on this I had awful cramps, following I was very moody and I'm normally very positive. Constantly fatigued and stressed. Gained a lot of weight on my stomach and hips, which pissed me off a lot more since I'm working out regularly and eating how I normally do, pretty healthily. Breasts grew bigger. Constantly feel bloated and stomach Area feels sensitive, but at the same time always hungry. I've decided to stop taking it, and am going to search for another option. Simply not worth all the trouble."

Hdosjdnxkaiak July 15, 2017

For Birth Control "First time user of the pill in general. The doctor put me on the lo because I also wanted it to help with acne symptoms as well as general birth control. The first 2 weeks I did not notice any side effects, all was well. The 3rd week I started noticing bloating and weight gain. The weight gain did not stop and I started noticing my appetite sky rocket. I was hungry a lot and often. I started snacking and gaining weight around hips and butt. Not a good feeling. To be clear, I used this for only 2 months, but in those two months I gained a little over 5 pounds and felt bloated and foggy brain. The acne did start to improve after the first month which was nice and my skin was doing great, however, this was not enough incentive for me."

say no (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2017

For Birth Control "It took me a bit to find a birth control that worked for me, but out of them all, tri-cyclen lo was the worst experience. I noticed weight gain in my stomach in the first 2 weeks to the point where my jeans wouldn't fit. I thought to myself that if this is the only problem, I will work with it. I was wrong -over the first 2months I became frustrated over the smallest things, lost motivation to be active, and became depressed that I wouldn't want to see anyone. I would cry myself to sleep not understanding why.. this pill took over my body (emotionally)-I became a different person and everyone in my life noticed it too. Getting off this pill was the best decision I made."

KP20 June 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I started using birth control about 5 years ago to regulate my periods-at the time I'd had my period for about 4 years already and it never became regular. I was on Lutera 28 which helped protection/regulation wise but gave me vaginal dryness during sex and HORRIBLE, PAINFUL acne. I switched to Ortho Tricyclen and I'm on my third month. The first week of the first pack really amped up my depression and anxiety but by the second week it subsided and haven't had any issues since. I've noticed I also get fatigued the first week every month. No weight gain, acne is starting to go away and hopefully no more dryness but I won't know about that until my boyfriend comes back from being abroad ;)"

asatterwhite (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

For Ovarian Cysts "I didn't know what to classify my condition because its many things. Birth control, acne, horrible periods, anemia, ovarian cysts etc. BC has always made me very very sick to the point where I couldn't take it because of all the vomiting & dizziness. I've tried 5 diff ones & this is the best by far. The first month was rough, very nauseous, felt like I was pregnant again. Slowly improved. Then the second night of every pack for some reason, I'd get sick. But kept hanging in there. My face broke out like CRAZY even worse than usual. I have bad hormonal acne for years. Fast forward 1 yr & now my skin is awesome & periods went from being super heavy for 2 weeks to only like 4 days. Helped with my 24/7 cramps & cysts. Love it. Hang in there!"

Happy after adjusting to it (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2017