User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Rating Summary

4.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 91 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo to treat Endometriosis

"This is the third and most likely last hormonal BCP I tried in order to reduce the debilitating pain I go through almost every month, on the first or second day of my period. If I don't wake up before my period cramps start to take some pain medication, there's a 90% chance I'll be throwing up whatever medication I take and then 3-4 times again after until I eventually fall asleep exhausted from all the vomit, diarrhea, dry heaving... I switched to this pill because the first BCP I tried made me have week long breakthrough bleeding and second one left me depressed. This pill though left me severely depressed with no energy and made me bleed for 20 days straight... Sure the cramps were gone but I rather go through my cramps than this any day"

Negaar November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Ortho for just over 1 year. This is the worst thing I ever did for my severe cramps caused by endo. I don't think I will ever fully forgive myself for it. While my cramps subsided completely for 8 months (and ONLY 8 months --- then they came back in full force without any change in lifestyle or medication) the side effects were a nightmare. I developed extreme pain in my breasts to the point I was barely able to wear a sports bra and totally unable to wear a regular bra. I developed severe cystic acne which has left my face permanently scarred. My hair began to thin and small patches fell out while I suffered from crippling depression and insomnia. I would never take BC again in any form after this experience."

Leah D (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 15, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about 4 years now and after the first year, I had a GREAT amount of pain relief. It takes time to fully cooperate with your body. I rarely get bad endometrial pain anymore and when I do, I just take a naproxen pill (which is very rare)!"

Eve567 May 30, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had little to no side effects, EXCEPT for spotting. It's terrible! I've been on this pill for 5 months now and I still spot weekly, sometimes for a few days. It has made my periods a little lighter, but nothing to celebrate. I'm really hoping to find a better pill!"

NickiNic (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've only taken my third one. Just started Friday, I've had horrible heart burn, acid reflex. Stopped up head, stomach cramps haven't left though bleeding is fading, slowly but surely. I have no appetite and no sex drive. Can't tell my husband that though. Hoping it fades and my body gets used to it."

Khristian (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I only took 3 pills and immediately I had sharp pains in my legs and arms. It bothered my stomach even though I took it with food. I had ear pain at night. This pill was not right for me."

Anonymous January 29, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Obviously, everyone's body has different chemistry and because of our genetic predispositions, diet, and environment, study samples of women may all react differently to a certain oral contraceptive. Personally, I found Ortho Tri Cylen Lo to be effective for the first two months, and then I experienced a horrid yeast infection, breakthrough bleeding, and abdominal pains. I took my pills at the same exact time every night with the same amount of water. My sex drive disappeared, and I felt terribly bloated. The absolute worst was my unstable mood. I was making snappy comments and feeling suicidal."

OTC Lo Victim September 22, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking this OC for 4 years. I have mild endometriosis with occasional pain and/or discomfort. This pill is amazing. It helps decrease the level of pain. I have had fewer mood swings. I have less bleeding during menstruation. I highly recommend this oral contraceptive to any woman who has had trouble with other OCs."

Anonymous April 17, 2008