User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 238 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo to treat Birth Control

"Ended up in the hospital with low hemoglobin and almost needed blood transfusion.my periods were never normal b4 but with this pill yhey never stopped. I bled for 2 months and was so weak i couldnt go to school or do anything but lay in the bed cramps were so bad and i bled through every overnight pad daily. At the time i was 15. Never again took them."

Chasity Anderson (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

"I've been on this pill for over a year I like it it cleared my acne I did gain weight tho kinda having a hard time losing it too and the mood swings are crazy like the first 10 white pills I'm the most emotional and when I start my period I actually feel normal but I'm will to stick to it cause my acne was just so bad and This pill cleared me up so I really don't mind the side affects."

IBskinny July 27, 2016

"Let me start by saying that I love this birth control. I started taking it at the age of 14, I'm 24 now, and have never had any pregnancies! I have taken it at 8pm every night, and that has worked wonders. I notice that if I do not eat something with the pill at night, I am WAY more likely to wake up and feel sick. Now that I know what to do it's not really an issue anymore. I never gained any weight, and didn't notice any out of ordinary mood swings. Breasts did get bigger though! I tried a generic version of this about 5 years ago and had TERRIBLE results. I'm so scared to try it again, but I can barely afford the $150 it costs every month for this pill. Please lower the price!! It's a wonderful product!!"

MelaniaFalcon July 18, 2016

"Within one week again 12 pounds fatigue Moody and just being upset and crying for no reason"

Zeeeee June 29, 2016

"This pill was my 3rd try at birth control pills. From my last pill, this one decreased my severe headaches. But, after going off of the pill for a couple months and going back to this I felt like I went crazy during PMS week. I have never in my life experienced such severe depression and mood-swings that I felt I was going crazy. I did have regular periods, but headaches came back full force and I am moody always."

DanielleH123 June 21, 2016

"Used ortho tri lo for over 3 years to regulate my period and it has been a positive experience. I have been able to use for 3 consecutive months or have a period every month. Side effects: breast tenderness, increase sex drive and bloating close to menstration. Positive are I did not gain weight, light periods, cleared my acne and it did not make me emotional and it is forgiving if I forget to take the pill. I really like this pill!"

Jessica12387 June 18, 2016

"I loved this pill and it worked wonderfully for me. As long as I ate with the pill during the first week, I never felt nauseous. The only reason I'm having to switch now is because my insurance no longer covers enough of it and I can't afford $150 a month. Very nervous to leave a pill that worked so well for me."

Evaria May 25, 2016

"DONT GO ON THIS PILL. I had horrible side effects the first month of this pill to the point that i literally thought I was loosing my mind. You will also gain weight using this."

birthcontrOL122761174014018 April 20, 2016

"I was previously on alese and transferred to this pill to control my acne. I have found many side affects to this pill such as weigh gain, breast enlargement and severe nausea. The nausea is my main problem as I hate feeling like that and throwing up in general so I am sceptical to keep on this pill."

rachelgreen1344 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2016

"Ive been on this since i was 15 now 19, but at first I didnt experience any sympmtons except the daily discharge....but in the past year my mood swings are HORRIBLE, my period cramps have gotten worse, I feel very depressed and my sex drive is at an all time low! other than that it works good for not getting pregnant. I hate the way it is making me feel. I recently have stopped taking it in hopes that I will return to the normal me, and started bleeding four days after not taking it."

Anonymous March 14, 2016

"I was on this pill for about a year and noticed weight gain, irritability, and horrible periods. I would have break through bleeding almost every month, and my period would last at least 10 days. My breasts were extremely tender as well. After about a month of being off of this pill and switching to another, I have lost weight and not had the bad side effects."

Bad BC February 21, 2016

"I was on this pill from age 17-21, at first to regulate periods and later for birth control. It worked great. I tried it after my first child and it worked until after a year when I missed 2 pills. I immediately started a light period, so I thought I wasn't pregnant and started a new pack the following week. However, I started bleeding again and bled the whole month but I thought it was my body adjusting to missing those pills. Finally, I tested and I got a test but it turned out I'd been miscarrying and that weekend, I finished the process. So I switched to the shot in between other pregnancies. However, I'm about to go on it again because my last pregnancy ended in stillbirth (true knot) so I don't want anything long-acting."

Kim C. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

"I was on this product for 3 years, I gave it a 7 not because it wasn't effective (because it was very effective, no pregnancies), but because the first year on it was awful, I was depressed and emotional ALL the time. One week out of the month maybe I felt okay, MAYBE. After a year I would have gave it a 9 (minor acne was the only issue). I loved that pill after the first year was over, I changed once because my clinic ran out of stock, NEVER AGAIN. I went emotionally crazy after I switched to a different brand, needless to say I switched back after that pack was used up. About 2 or so years later I switched to the generic brand TriNessa Lo and love it just as much."

RachealAnne (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

"I personally have problems with most birth control so I do not want to give Tri-Cyclen Lo completely bad review but do want to share experience since my doctor will not believe me. Over the last year have been trying the different birthcontols and when I first started Tri-Cyclen Low it seemed like the best of all the evils. I was quite nauseous and hungry all the time but I tried to control this with really good food options and delt with the feeling. Now going on six months of Tri-Cyclen I have found that I am extremely depressed, lightheaded and dizzy all the time. The pain of nausea and hunger is constant and painful. I am at a loss of what to do since my doctor isn't listening to me."

Breezy Baby February 5, 2016

"I started taking this pill from July 2013 to Dec 2014. Had absolutely no problems with it. Helped me regulate my period, which was awesome. Got off the pill, 4 months later, boom!.. pregnant lol. But I'm back at it, once again. I truly like this pill."

Rizzitos (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2016

"I was on this pill for 4-5 years. I never realized how crazy it made me until I came off of it! I seriously constantly thought about eating and was never satisfied. The first month I was off my appetite cut in half and I lost 8 lbs! (138 to 130, so it's not like 8 lbs was insignificant). Since then I've dropped another 3 - doing absolutely NOTHING. I had a weird constant white/yellow discharge on this pill for over a year that my Drs couldn't explain . I'm not sure if all of this is just from this particular pill or if I'd be like this on any HBC, but after my first month off I felt so much better I decided to get the copper IUD instead of a new hormonal option."

Tina6225 January 28, 2016

"When I first started taking ortho lo, my moderate acne cleared up! My periods were SO much lighter. However, adjusting to this pill was hell. Mood swings, crying, psycho basically. After 6 months, I was fine. 5 years later and I am still on, never got pregnant, no acne, light periods, very moody during PMS but no cramps. I think it is worth it for sure. I have gained weight however I started at 17 and am now 22- college probably made me gain those few pounds."

Dani93 January 21, 2016

"I have been on this birth control going on 5 years this May and about 2-3 years ago I noticed that I have been discharging severely (yellowish liquid) almost everyday. Does anybody else experience this while on this BC? Also the mood swings are terrible as well."

Anonymous Ones January 16, 2016

"This birth control is great, except I missed a pill one day and doubled up the next day and I had my period for over a month! It's great compared to my last pill, which was marvalon, which caused me to have mental confusion, gain over 25 lbs! & caused me to have low iron. Now this pill I've lost 15lbs of the 25 lbs without diet or excercise and other then the one little mess up my mental confusion has mostly gone away!"

xo.boo.xo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016

"I've been on the generic version of this medication for two years now and everything is great except I've gained over 40 lbs."

mirrxndaa December 27, 2015

"I was on this pill for 2 years. I originally got on for acne and just for general protection but I had some negative effects. The first few months I had horrible nausea. I had to take it right before bed and I vomited a few times. After a while my body adjusted and it was perfect for me, until I got pregnant. I took it the same time every night and still managed to get pregnant. After birth I got back on and it's made my skin a living nightmare. I switched to ortho cyclen with hopefully more luck."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 26, 2015

"Took this pill for about two days, third day I woke up in the middle of the night and threw up. Instead of throwing up once and feeling better I threw up the whole night and felt sick the whole day. The next day I took the pill again since I thought all I had was the flu, and threw up again.. It just didn't stay in my stomach. Horrible."

Annnaa December 22, 2015

"I've been on ortho tricylen lo for over 8 years now and I never want to switch. Obviously in the beginning the first month or so was a little annoying.. getting my period still pretty heavy and if I skipped a pill more than once in a month I would spot, but I think that is normal. I've always gotten my period for 4-6 days on this pill too which most people would hate, considering loestrin takers don't even get a period anymore, but I think this is NATURAL. Our bodies are engineered to have periods so I think not having one at all is not good. As long as you take your pill everyday I would highly recommend. I have never experienced any bad side effects and if I ever did gain weight it was from college not my birth control."

mShags (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 15, 2015

"The second day of using this pill I got a really bad headache and vomiting occured. I do not recommend this pill much rather prefer micronor"

Badpill December 11, 2015

"I used to have acne simplex and a not so regular period, it would be monthly but it would be way outta whack. I'd start on the first and then I'd start again on the 18th of next month. My doctor recommend me this pill and I was worried about weight gain but I have actually felt like I've lost a little bit of weight within a month of taking it DAILY AT THE SAME TIME EVERYDAY. I feel slimmer and my face is clearing up! The only down side to it is I have brown spotting, but it's nothing that would cause concern as I was told it was a regular side effect of being on BC. I'd like to point out I take my BC at 8pm, I'm not sure if taking it in the morning or at night makes a difference for weight gain/weight loss, but I have heard the argument."

Aaownwosne (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2015