User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (Page 4)

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ovarian Cysts 12 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 5 reviews 169 medications

3.9
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo reviews 234 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for almost 7 years straight. I had zero issues with side effects. No mood swings, nausea, depression or changes in appetite. Sex drive was the same if not increased. I had fluctuated with weight on this pill but it was because of bad diets. I ended up loosing the weight with proper eating habits and exercise. The problem I have with this pill is that towards the end of my time on it I started getting break through bleeding. IT IS ANNOYING. Otherwise this pill is perfect for me. I went off the pill for a few years and went back on to this because of ovarian cysts. After a few months the breakthrough bleeding still came back. Sometimes it's so light I don't notice, other times it's like having a second period."

Meowmers (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm about 4 months in, the first month was pretty dreadful. I was sick all the time, even to the point were I was throwing up. After that however it became much more bearable. Acne has somewhat cleared up, but also put on like 10 pounds. Even with my active lifestyle. That might be because I'm reaching my 30s? I've lost some of my sex drive though which is a bit depressing. Cramps aren't as intense. Overall I'm pretty happy with it."

Flutter6+ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this brand for about four months now and haven't had any problems. Not sure why other women are experiencing such negative results from this brand. I got this for free at planned parenthood and she said it was one of the most popular brands. I haven't gain any weight, have't had any mood swings, and my sex drive hasn't been diminished. Oh and most importantly I haven't gotten pregnant. So far, so good!"

Amy Darling (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I feel it is my duty to write a review since I read so many before taking the medication. I'll first say I'm crazy about weight! I was so scared of potential weight gain. The first week I put on like 4 pounds. Increased water intake and it was off by the next week. Also before taking the medication my acne was bad. I'm three weeks in and my face is looking great. I LOVE this medication. The break through bleeding was pretty bad at first and sometimes I feel crazy and hormonal but it is very minimal. Love love love."

Boss bitch (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2015

For Birth Control "A few friends reccomended this brand and said it did not give them any side effects. I was sold on that alone. A couple of weeks in, I started to get horrible cystic acne on my chin. I am prone to breakouts and have heard Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo helps CLEAR up skin...so I was confused about this side effect. Once the first cyst was gone, another one shortly came up. It was never ending. Started my second pack, The same thing happened again with the cystic acne. I almost wanted to get off the pill because of it. But I loved that I did not have any other side effects. No weight gain, no moodiness, and my sex drive actually increased. Finally, half way through my 3rd pack the cysts were gone. All in all, it's a great pill besides the cysts I got."

Mc2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this birth control. After reading all of the reviews, I was really scared to go on it, but ever since, I have nothing but good things to say. No weight gain, haven't gotten pregnant, plus my sex drive is through the roof now. The only downside is that I'm way more emotional than I usually am; like crying a lot and getting mad more often at little things. But I've been told that that will improve as time goes on. Plus I get this birth control for free. I would definitely recommend this to people!"

tcp09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2015

For Birth Control "My sex drive completely disappeared and it caused me as well as my husband much distress and depression. Two weeks after stopping the medication, my sex drive came back with a vengeance. So happy I decided to stop taking this pill."

Jojo426 February 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking this when I was 15 for irregular period & horrible cramps. I was on it for about a year & loved it but stopped taking it. I noticed over time (about a year & a half) that my periods had been getting worse and worse. I'm 18 now and decided to go back on it. I'm 3 months in, and it's working perfectly! However, the first month I had a lot of break through bleeding, and noticed I was more irritable. But I am fine now, and love this pill! Side note: be careful if you get sick and have to take antibiotics. I would recommend using back up birth control methods with the pill until you are done taking the antibiotics. Because the antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of the pill. Not many people know this."

Kels5789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Since starting this pill, I've had a three week cycle, major breakouts, mood swings, and lack of appetite. I've only been on it one month, but that was enough."

Mpec January 23, 2015

For Birth Control "Overall as a birth control it did its job, me and my husband never used a back up birth control, and in the year and a half I was on it, I didn't get pregnant. The reason I'm only giving it an 8 is because around the time I was getting my period, I would go insane. Crying a lot...yelling, getting really angry for no reason. I had a low sex drive while I was taking it but other than that it got rid of my terrible cramps, and my acne cleared up a lot also. I just switched to Apri so we will see how that goes."

beccaf January 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I started on this birth control when I was 18 and 9 years later I sadly need to switch due to a change in my insurance. It is SO expensive on a high deductible plan. But when I was on it, it really helped keep my cycle super regular, skin clear, and no weight gain. But with most pills, you cant miss a day or more, otherwise the nausea/cramps are out of control! "

eppppppro (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 16 and I took Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo because I suffer from hormonal severe acne. I've had horrible acne since 7th grade. On the issue of acne, while I was on the pill, after 3 months my skin was clear. In the last remaining week, I got sick everyday. Then I was finished with my pill because it cured my acne. Suddenly a couple months later, my acne returned again. I just started taking my pill again. I am feeling the nausea and headaches. I take the pill at night, so I don't feel it when I go to bed. Unfortunately the following morning I feel intense nausea. If you are looking to treat acne this is the pill. Just the side effects can be a pain."

ACB16 January 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I absolutely loved this birth control. It was my first experience using hormonal birth control methods and it worked great for me. Had no cramping, bleeding, or weight gain. Some breast swelling and tenderness but nothing too severe. No moodiness or anything which was great. Had super light periods too. Only downside was price. Currently switching to Tri-Previfem because even with insurance it costs $60."

cgcal1063 December 29, 2014

For Birth Control "I started taking Ortho Tri Cyclin Lo when I was 16 because I had horrible, horrible cramps and heavy bleeding. I've been on it for 13 years now and I absolutely love it! I'm 5'5 and weigh 115-120 my weight sometimes it fluctuates 5 pounds or so but I never had any major weight gain taking this medicine. I went off of it a year ago for a few months... my skin got soooo mad at me!! I had awful acne on my jaw line - my doctor told me it was hormonally related. Once I went back on it my skin cleared up, my cramps were gone and my period was light and lasted about 3-4 days. It's been a wonderful solution for issues encountered during my period."

LAPinCLE December 14, 2014

For Birth Control "I have used this birth control for a year now and I have not had ANY side effects. Even when I first started taking it nothing changed. I love how regular I am now and I love that it works perfectly as a contraceptive. I would really recommend this birth control to girls in their late teens if they decide to go on birth control like me (19). I really do love it. It's a great birth control."

kapowee21 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2014

For Birth Control "Recently got back on birth control after many years of not being on it. This pill is okay. It's a contraceptive and does its job, but it wasn't the pill for me. Easy to take by mouth, no big deal. But, the side effects for me were: I would headaches after taking the pill and sometimes randomly during the day. Also, the third week i started the new color, my emotions were off the wall. I wasn't eating properly and was over thinking EVERYTHING. I asked to switch & now will be trying the generic version. Just because this pill wasn't for me, doesn't mean it is for someone else."

sunlika August 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I went on this pill a while back to help regulate my period and help with severe cramps. I had an extremely heavy flow and my cramps were so unbearable. Also, I would get my period for 12 days, sometimes twice a month. Since being on the pill, I usually dont get any cramps which is amazing. I also noticed that my skin is always 100% clear. However, I would say that I gained a solid 20 pounds since being on the pill and am currently trying to work it off with healthy eating and regular exercise. Side note, the first week i took this i was throwing up every night and feeling nauseated but if you stick with it those side effects eventually subside. Overall, besides the weight gain I would say that this pill has done wonders."

Melly16 July 28, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I tried many, many birth controls before this one. I was having periods every other week, but this one has worked wonders; however, since being on it, I have gained about 30 pounds."

Bran18 July 23, 2014

For Birth Control "I'd never been on birth control up until a few months ago, and I was given Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo as a starter, because I did not want it to have much hormones. I went through two whole packs and decided to switch because of extremely low sex drive, extreme mood swings and increased appetite (I would eat a full meal and two hours later my stomach would be growling again). My relationship began to suffer due to these side effects so I stopped taking it and am back to normal. However, this pill DID have pros: I didn't get pregnant, it regulated my period and caused no breakouts or acne. But be wary of weight gain, decreased libido and mood swings."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I have not had really any problems. EXCEPT. I feel nauseous all the dang time. It's terrible. Besides that I have had clear skin and I use to have 7 day period. And it slimmed down to 5 which is no problem. But being nauseous all the time is terrible."

addyhav July 17, 2014

For Birth Control "I'm on the first week and I've been crying for no reason, getting angry at basically the drop of a pen and extremely exhausted and hungry. I hope this changes soon.. I'll give it two months at most, I hope to see an improvement in that time."

newbtocontrol June 30, 2014

For Birth Control "Long story short, I had been on Necon for 8 years with no problems (clear skin, regular period, no mood swings). Recently there was some big shortage on Necon so my pharmacy replaced it with Nortrel which gave me really bad chin acne. I went to my Dr and she recommended Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and said it was good for clearing skin. The first 2 pill packs my face went NUTS. I had acne all over the place. I was so upset and wanted to go off it immediately. But, I read reviews online and people said to give it a chance. I'm glad I did. My skin is now better than its ever been after 4 months. I rarely ever get cramps and do not have PMS at all. All I can say is give your body time to get adjusted if you are starting off on this pill and not liking it."

AGB310 June 5, 2014

For Endometriosis "I've been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about 4 years now and after the first year, I had a GREAT amount of pain relief. It takes time to fully cooperate with your body. I rarely get bad endometrial pain anymore and when I do, I just take a naproxen pill (which is very rare)!"

Eve567 May 30, 2014

For Birth Control "I switched from Levora/Portia. It's my second month on this pill and I am really loving it! Aside from some migraines, which I'm hoping they'll go away soon, no side effects. No acne, my mood has improved, no weight gain (that I've noticed), and it works perfectly to prevent pregnancy. Highly recommended!"

engineergirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for exactly 1 year more for PMS. I have no previous birth control pill experience. I have found it to be easy to transition on to, with very few negative side effects. The first month I felt only mildly nauseated. I took this pill to help me with some of my more intense PMS symptoms. It took about 2-3 months before I saw shorter lighter periods, less cramping, and fewer acne break outs. After around 10 months it seemed that my old PMS symptoms were returning with menstrual breakouts, cramps, irritability, etc. This pill works and overall there were no major issues, but I found that the positive side effects started to go away after awhile. So I'm switching to the higher estrogen dose for that reason only."

Reviewer-ML May 14, 2014