User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (Page 4)

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ovarian Cysts 14 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 5 reviews 109 medications

3.9
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo reviews 271 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

For Birth Control "I've been on ortho tricylen lo for over 8 years now and I never want to switch. Obviously in the beginning the first month or so was a little annoying.. getting my period still pretty heavy and if I skipped a pill more than once in a month I would spot, but I think that is normal. I've always gotten my period for 4-6 days on this pill too which most people would hate, considering loestrin takers don't even get a period anymore, but I think this is NATURAL. Our bodies are engineered to have periods so I think not having one at all is not good. As long as you take your pill everyday I would highly recommend. I have never experienced any bad side effects and if I ever did gain weight it was from college not my birth control."

mShags (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I took Ortho for just over 1 year. This is the worst thing I ever did for my severe cramps caused by endo. I don't think I will ever fully forgive myself for it. While my cramps subsided completely for 8 months (and ONLY 8 months --- then they came back in full force without any change in lifestyle or medication) the side effects were a nightmare. I developed extreme pain in my breasts to the point I was barely able to wear a sports bra and totally unable to wear a regular bra. I developed severe cystic acne which has left my face permanently scarred. My hair began to thin and small patches fell out while I suffered from crippling depression and insomnia. I would never take BC again in any form after this experience."

Leah D (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The second day of using this pill I got a really bad headache and vomiting occured. I do not recommend this pill much rather prefer micronor"

Badpill December 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I used to have acne simplex and a not so regular period, it would be monthly but it would be way outta whack. I'd start on the first and then I'd start again on the 18th of next month. My doctor recommend me this pill and I was worried about weight gain but I have actually felt like I've lost a little bit of weight within a month of taking it DAILY AT THE SAME TIME EVERYDAY. I feel slimmer and my face is clearing up! The only down side to it is I have brown spotting, but it's nothing that would cause concern as I was told it was a regular side effect of being on BC. I'd like to point out I take my BC at 8pm, I'm not sure if taking it in the morning or at night makes a difference for weight gain/weight loss, but I have heard the argument."

Aaownwosne (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I hated this method. I've been on it for two months and I've bled every single day since. I would not recommend it at all! I was so disappointed not to mention how it totally ended my sex life."

LalaMarah December 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill a couple months now and love it. No weight gain, it has cleared up my skin, prevented pregnancy, regulated and lightened my periods. My only compliant is that I have no appetite at all and I'm constantly thirsty, which is annoying. Other than that, nothing but a positive experience all around and my skin has never looked more flawless!"

Christine Olivia November 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My gyno reccommended this, and this was my first time taking BC pills. I got my period twice in the first month I tried it. My cramps were still pretty severe and I kept getting like brown liquid after my period would finish. After two months, I'm going to switch to another brand because of the pain with my cramps, this brown liquid, and it was a little expensive. I didn't want to give it below 5 stars because I didn't try it for a long enough time for it to adjust. However, I didn't see an increase in weight gain and my boobs grew a tiny bit ."

Aloe Vera November 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for quite sometime I had many side effects such as weight gain, dizziness/Lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, severe onset of migraines and headaches, moodiness. It was a great way to regulate my period and protect against pregnancy I have been on it for 5 years. I stopped taking it for at least 6 months to a year and all of the side effects were gone, however, I became active again and started taking it I have been on it for more than 6 months now and have gained more weight, more headaches/migraines, more moodiness, increased dizziness and lightheadedness, it was a good way to start my periods regularly and to get them on track, but I can do without all of these side effects and being tired all the time."

kahb November 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for five years now, only using Ortho Tricyclen Lo and I'd have to say I love it. When I first started taking it I did feel nauseous the first two weeks but after that my body adjusted and I was fine. I have bad eating habits and don't exercise regularly. I'm 5'7 and 210lbs, and work in a busy resturaunt where I'm always on my feet (to give a fair idea on my body /living style.) I recently started getting head aches when I reached 21. There was a time during this year where my periods didn't start regularly (due to a big change and busy schedule) but that was because I would accidently forget to take the last four pills in the pack. My period would start a day or two late but once I set a sure schedule, it was regular"

Dani D (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Tri-cylen Lo for almost 9 years and my doctor forced me to stop because my BP was high. I miss this pill so much. My periods were consistent down to a time of day. I never had any issues with this pill and now after 4 months on a "less harmful" pill my BP is higher and I'm miserable. Lifestyle choices got in the way - not this pill."

Swa (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started ortho tri cyclen lo 4 months ago. The first month wasn't that great I got my period twice and had severe cramping. The second month I only got my got my period once during the placebo pills. Since I was 14 I started to break out and all the way to high school and college it still continued. Even after multiple dermatologist visits, laser treatments, Antibiotics nothing ever helped. I decided to give this a try and to be honest my acne has vanished about 100% of it. The first 2 months I still would break out but I noticed month 3 my skin was clearing drastically and by month 4 (in which I am now going into month 5) my skin seems flawless. I will get a breakout every once in a while but overall it has helped !!!"

Mcccccc October 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Got on it mainly to have normal period regulation, had a drastic increased appetite and odviously caused drastic weight gain but now decided to get off of it in hopes to lose weight. Was working ou g trying everything for months and could not lose the weight this pill. It did keep me from getting pregnant but I would not recommend unless you are ok with no weight control."

Anonymous October 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "For the first few months everything was ok and I had no symptoms at all. The past few weeks have been bad though because I've been getting spotting, nausea, vomiting, cramps, and mood swings. My friend has been taking this birth control for 6 years and has recently stopped taking it due to similar symptoms. Not quite sure what to think of this bc anymore."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I began taking this b/c 2 years ago because I was having a 10 day long period every other week. The pill worked perfect for regulating my hormones so that I would have a normal (4-5 day long) period once a month. I didn't have headaches, mood swings, weight gain, or any odd side effects. Only downside is my insurance began charging $50 a month for it so I had to stop using it and now have to switch. And now that I have stopped taking it my acne on my face, back, and chest has returned."

hoosier_18 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I really like this medication.I dont really have any side effects on it. Of course with any birth control you feel slightly dizzy and tired when you first start taking it , But after a few weeks that wears off and my body adjusted. I switched from Aviane to this and Iam extremly satisfied!With Aviane I was depressed , confused easily and even my vision would get blurry and also sex drive was completly shot. With this medication though, I have no side effects and I am really happy :)Especially that I still have a sex drive on it..I have been on it one month."

kaewright September 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control for 6 years. I went on it because my period were painful and made me very sick two days out of the month. I was on a generic brand of ortho tri cyclen and when insurance started to cover the name brand completely I switch to ortho tri cyclen. During the first couple years on birth control my period were much better and predictable but I would feel nauseous when I started taking my pill again after my period. Once my body got used to being on the pill the nausea stopped. Spring 2015, after being on ortho tri cyclen my insurance out of the blue stopped covering it and that is when I switched to ortho tri cyclen lo. This is the best BC I have been on. I haven't gained weight and the only side effect is headaches."

CP16 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this medicine for about a year. I had weird side effects. But then I developed blood clots in my lungs (pulmonary emboli) that almost killed me. Dr's think that it was this pill that caused it. I now have lung damage."

Sof August 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Tri-cyclen Lo for five years, it was my first contraceptive and it was amazing. I had no side effects and I never got pregnant once. I did not gain weight and it did not affect me in any negative way possible. I recently switched to Alysena and so far it has been horrible. Recommend Tri-cyclen lo for anyone! It's a great contraceptive and 100% effective for me."

Abbie1022 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have loved this birth control for some time, but it has made me gain weight and enlarged my boobs which I hate. The last couple weeks, it has made me super depressed and have major mood changes which is why I am coming off this BC."

forevergirl12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking these pills for 3 weeks & then I stopped for 7 days & then last night I took one & I was up all night throwing up, is this normal after I've been taking it for three weeks?"

Maarr August 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first experience with birth control and I've only been on it about two months but I hate it. The pills make me crazy emotional; I've been crying over absolutely nothing and I get paranoid about every little thing. Don't get me wrong, I love not having to worry about pregnancy as much but I just feel depressed and not like myself at all. The good sides to this pill are that it makes my period very light with hardly any cramps and it also has cleared up my acne a bit but not completely."

Nikeshoes August 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "LOVE this BCP. It's the *only* one I've tried that didn't make my hair fall out, didn't make me feel bloated, didn't make me swell, and didn't ruin my skin. My libido isn't dampened half as much as it was on other BCPs (it was non-existent on other BCPs). It helps immensely with PCOS symptoms. At first it made me a little tired, but by the middle of week 2 I was fine. :) Love it. My insurance charged me $ for this drug, but that's against the ACA- there's no generic for this drug, and it was RX'd as medically necessary so it should have been covered at $0 copay. The issue is currently being investigated."

Smithie (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The great thing about the pill is that my breast went up a full cup size which is wonderful. The bad part is that I got severe migraines about 2.5 weeks into the pack and I have never gotten one before. My cramps were so bad I felt like my insides were going to fall out and I never had serious problems like this. Lately I have been more emotional than usual, I don't act like myself at all I'm always angry, sad, or depressed. My sex life with my bf is completely trash now so guess that makes my increased cup size a waste. No positive or negative changes in Acne. Since I'm only just finishing the first pack I'm going to try and keep going and see if the side-effects subside."

JasmineS (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "i tried it for two months and since day 1 I suffered from major mood swings and low energy. I had frequent headaches and just felt depressed. I never felt like myself. But I just thought I had to put up with it so my body can get use to it but I couldn't handle it by month 2. Just pay attention to how you feel. None the less I switched to another birth control pill. And feel great."

Meli820 July 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I recently decided to start birth control again and I wanted a low dosage. After three months I decided to switch to a different pill. My experience with Orthotricyclen Lo has been horrible! I feel like an emotional mess and always depressed. I cry over commercials and don't feel like myself. Also I've gained weight and just feel fat. The crazy thing is I've taken these pills before and didn't have this reaction. Hopefully the new pills I've started won't make me feel this way."

Princess JB July 4, 2015