User Reviews for Necon 1 / 35

Learn more about Necon 1/35.

Acne 1 reviews 525 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 5 reviews 97 medications

5.6
Summary of Necon 1/35 reviews 32 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Necon 1/35

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Just started week 2 of this bc. I can't really say if my issues are from this, I had the flu a week prior to starting and also during the first week. Im 25 years old- 2 kids and first time taking any kind of birth control. I self diagnosed myself as having PCOS- and my Gyn prescribed me Necon 1/35. SO far my symptoms which could be from being sick or the birth control-- Dizziness/ head gets foggy and vision slowed- starting 20 minutes after taking pill and lasting up to 6 hours afterwards. Nausea, loss of appetite, food aversions, mood swings, ( also have been having some stress/life issues, along with being sick) Breast tenderness, don't seem so bloated now, fatigue."

Kaytlynne (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2016

For Endometriosis "Currently, I'm 26 and had a laparoscopy done in May, receiving my official diagnosis with endometriosis. Birthcontrol options like Seasonsique actually made the pain worse and I bled constantly so my doctor prescribed Necon non-cyclically: take it for three months straight and then have a period akin to Seasonique. It has worked wonders for me after four months: no spotting or bleeding in between, only minor cramps at beginning of my period, period is lighter, I haven't gained weight from it, and my acne cleared up by month 3 (full disclosure: it made it worse for the first month, then it cleared it up). It did negatively affect my mood for a couple months but I've bounced back to normal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2016

For Endometriosis " I'm on my 2nd round of necon 1/35. I started taking it because the doctor thinks I have endometriosis, but no one is really sure. My periods are extremely painful and I lose my appetite completely. The side effects of necon are the same as symptoms of pregnancy which is kind of alarming. I'm also even more depressed and anxious than I was before I started taking it. I take it without the placebo week and my period was lighter but longer. It's been two weeks and I've still had terrible pain."

602678934 July 8, 2016

For Acne "I been taking this birth control for a few days. I haven't noticed any change . I needed this specifically for acne and cramps. I took dairy out of my diet because I am allergic to it. I have a feeling this pill put my swelling on my face down . I am in shock how this change my face. I had cyst acne and ever since I taken this pill . My face became less painful . I also been Cleaning my face religiously . I think this pill helped clear up my faster than being two months on sulfamethoxazole which is for my acne . That didn't have an effect . But this birth control . It put down the swelling on my face a WHOLE lot. So this is a life saving pill . Because I was Feeing my face so I can remember the diff what I had before and after this pil ...."

Charleyangel26 June 14, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "6 months ago I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. I was put on this upon diagnosis. Periods went from maybe 4 unbelievably heavy periods a year lasting about 8-12 days. To completely regular periods, very light and lasting about 2-4 days. Honestly haven't had any severe problems. The most obvious effect on me would have to be the sore breasts and enlargement. No acne other than the occasional pimple. Ultimately, I would recommend."

Anonymous December 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for going on 6 years now. I started when I was 13 because I had very irregular periods. My freshman year of highschool I put on 10 lbs I do not think the pill had anything to do with it. I have NEVER experienced cramps or PMS ... Ever. I also never had a issue with acne. I have my period every 3 months and it's roughly 4-5 days of light spotting. I do not experience any discharge or spotting either. I've had sex with my fianc"

Mickyyjayy November 28, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on Necon 1/35 since 2006 without a break. Prior to this, I was on a different pill, preceded by the patch. It was a savior for me. My periods had been still so bad, that my doctor was on her last straw. If this pill didn't work, I was getting the shot. I would bleed through EVERYTHING despite having been on BC for a few years to treat my menstrual issues. With Necon, I've never had a single bad side effect in the 9+ years I've been on it, and my periods to this day really only last 24-36 hours, and then it's basically just spotting for 12-24 hours thereafter. The only reason I'm switching to another form of BC is because I'm tired of having to think about taking it every day."

ALIXN4396 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on necon for 6 years, and it was the first birth control I ever went on. I LOVED this. I had super light periods that would last 2-3 days. I had no weight gain, but unfortunately no boob gain either haha. I've never had acne problems, and nothing got better or worse being on it. Cramps were a thing in the past on this pill. I literally would forget I'm on my period. Before I went on this pill, I had my period extremely heavy every other week, so this was literally magic. Unfortunately after 6 years my body must have gotten used to the pill, so I switched to Reclispen because I started get spot heavily in-between my period pretty much all the time. I'm hoping my new pill will be just as amazing as Necon..maybe just give me some boobs;)"

JengaModeling October 11, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "This was the first one I was put on after going off b.c. after college when I was able to get married and needed contraceptive. I had known for years that I had PCOS (zero periods/year) and would eventually get my diagnosis 2 months after this b.c. It was horrible. I had major mood swings, I would scream at my husband (then fiance) then all of a sudden end up bawling. I had to go off it and still have yet to find a good b.c. that works."

Britall September 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I have used Necon 1/35 for almost 5 months. I take the pill because my periods were heavy and painful. For the first 2 months I had no problems I had normal, short periods and nothing else. But for the last 3 monthsI have had no period at all (100% sure I'm not pregnant) , weight gain, and anxiety attacks. I guess the only good thing I can say about this pull is that I have no period whatsoever"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for about three months. The only positive thing I have to say about this pill is my breasts grew a little bit. That being said I did not like this pill otherwise, it gave me bad cramps, my breasts were very sore, and for a while thought I was pregnant because of the side effects that I was having (I wasn't pregnant). The worse side effect though was my period. My period has always been normal and comes at the same time every month for about 5-6 days. This pill made my period come every other day for the three months I was on it , and when my period stayed I would have it for about 10-14 days which absolutely sucked. I have since switched birth control and will never take this again."

RoseaLynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2015

For Birth Control "Okay so I have been taking Necon for 9 months because of heavy cramping and long periods. The first couple of months were fine. I was just always emotional and sometimes have a bad attitude. The last past month I have been kind of depressed and having anxiety attacks. It didn't come clear to me that it was the pills until my friend stated that was once her side effect. I have put on a couple of pounds and I am now able to feel out a complete D cup. (Unfortunately) and my acne isn't as bad as it was. It's a 50/50 good product."

Kanis (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking Necon 1/35 for almost 2 months now and so far I have experienced acne (which I've never had before), weight gain, Breast growth (I was already a double D Before), and crying spells. I think the worst is the weight gain and cryin spells. This medicine has helped tremendously with my irregular heavy periods though. I now have shorter periods and only once a month. I'm going to continue taking this for another month and then I may consult my doctor."

AllyS June 18, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this birth control for almost three months and I have spotted everyday but around two for the past two months. Doctor suggested I wait this month out to make sure it isn't working, but I'm 100% changing it. Two months straight of bleeding is ridiculous."

Tech553 June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "Extreme nausea at the beginning of the month. The first week I found myself vomiting multiple times in one sitting. Not cramping nor spotting, but the nausea, loss of appetite, and severe irritability caused by Necon aren't worth it."

Hbreak (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Although very effective. I found the spotting a nuisance."

moonpie33 May 23, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I've been on 5 different birth controls before this one, all the others gave me horrible symptoms (no sex drive, nipple sensitivity, severe lower back pain) and this one is totally perfect! after quitting birth control after a few years, I noticed facial hair growing on my neck and thats when I got officially diagnosed with PCOS, (although I had been missing periods since I first ever got a period, I didn't know until now) I have no weight gain, periods are light and not painful at all, moods are regular, NO WEIGHT GAIN weight LOSS actually. everything is great!"

cookkkkkiieeeeee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the necon 1/35 for almost 2 months now. I am definitely experiencing the breast tenderness & enlargement. The tenderness is so bad right now I feel squeezed while wearing a bra so I don't wear one while I'm at home. I have also been experiencing mood swings and crying spells. Dizziness occasionally too. I'm calling my doctor's office tomorrow because bigger breasts isn't worth all this!"

☆Cowgirl☆ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this a little over 6 months and haven't had any issues with it... Still not pregnant (I take it religiously every day at noon) and cramps are minimal but I DO have painful gas at times. Was hoping acne would go away but no such luck there... Nor did I "suffer" from larger breasts so that was a let down. Overall, not a bad product"

Snapple1018 March 3, 2015

For Endometriosis "The Necon 1/35 works great for my endometrieosis . In conjunction with the laparoscopy that I had it has really kept the severe pains away. Now all I feel during menstruation is discomfort. And my periods are extremely light. No more heavy pads and 7 day long cycles. My cycles have been longest 3 days and only require a liner. On the negative side..... I HAD clear porcelain skin. From the very first day of the pill I began getting 3 little bumps between my eyes. After 3 months my face looks like a pizza pie with every single topping on it. I have a breakout on every section of my face. Like another reviewer stated, I also gained 10lbs. But like her I am (was) underweight so I definitely don't mind."

BcDLP (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this birth control my freshman year. I gained 10 lbs after starting this birth control, which I didn't mind because I was underweight, so it was good for me to gain the weight. I had no real problems with Necon, except every month, a week before my period, I got super emotional and had a lot of mood swings and got lower back cramps. After four years of taking Necon, I was starting to get EXTREMELY nauseous the last two weeks of the pack every month, so I just recently switched to a new birth control to try to get rid of the nausea. Overall, I really liked this birth control, it was easy to take and didn't have terrible side effect."

ex-necon taker (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I started taking this after I had a child at age 17, and first, the side effects were minimum for me but I got a lot of weird bumps all over my hands that looked like warts, and the doctor said that I either had to wait them out or stop the pill. After 3 months they finally went away. I took this for about a year. My husband and I have tried for the last 20 months to get pregnant, and it turns out now I'm all of a sudden infertile. I've already had one baby, so this was linked to Necon 1/35."

Aliove (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for years and I'm finally starting to question whether my mood swings and irritability are caused by the pill or just my personality. As others have said.. It causes heavy discharge in between periods and I still get severe cramps. I'm going to stop taking it to see if my mood improves"

Jennaveve June 22, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 3 years now and overall I have had a great experience with it. I have not experienced any odd side effects however I am a little disappointed it did not help with my back acne. Other than that though, I would recommend this pill. My period only lasts about 3 days and my cramps have subsided considerably."

TheresaLoveee (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2013

"I was on necon for 5 months. It worked pretty well. My periods were very light and short 2-3 days. My complexion stayed the same, i didnt have acne but i had a few pimples. I stopped using it because I got cramps which I didn't have that bad before taking the pill. The cramps were not that bad though. I went up in breast size slightly. I would reccomend this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2012