User Reviews for Necon 1/35

Birth Control
6.1

Reviews for Necon 1/35

Pge · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2020

For Birth Control: “Was prescribed Necon 1/35 twice for having irregular bleeding as a teen and in my early twenties. In my twenties was worse and the situation I’m talking about. My problem before birth control was I’d go months without any period or bleeding and suddenly I would bleed for months straight with no cramps or pain. I started this and both times a couple months in, during my placebo pills I had my period like I was supposed to, but the amount of bleeding was insane and the pain was worse than labor pains (especially my second time on it). I passed a clot literally the size of a softball, no joke. I got into bath tub and within minutes water was red. I about bled to death. I quit taking immediately. I haven’t touched birth control pills since and I never will. They work for many people, but not for me. The risks of birth control are not worth it for me. I could have died.”

kbell · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 23, 2019

For Birth Control: “I'm giving this Necon 1/35 a rating 3/10 only because I didn't get pregnant & didn't get a period. BUT this drug made me gain 20 lbs in 2 months with no lifestyle change, and I was extremely sensitive to the sun which my doctor did not warn me about. I have olive complexion, almost never burn... spent 1 day outside in FL on a partly cloudy day & ended up with HORRIBLE sun burn my skin was melting off my body it was terrible.”

Juelia · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2019

For Birth Control: “I had a horrible time with Trinessa and it caused me to become depressed and my anxiety was so bad too. My acne also became cystic with Trinessa and started to become constant and so very painful. My doctor put me on Necon because he said it is supposed to help balance my hormones. I am really excited for it.”

Anonymous January 21, 2010

For Birth Control: “The pill itself does what it's supposed to and seems to work pretty well but it gave me some pretty strange white discharge. I thought I kept getting infections but I didn't. It was just from the pill. Also, one of the biggest problems I had with it was that I had a MAJOR decrease in my sex drive. I never wanted sex or to do anything sexual. It was really hard for me to even get turned on. It did it's job not letting me get pregnant but it's hard to get pregnant when you can't even get turned on enough to have sex.”

JengaModeling October 11, 2015

For Birth Control: “I was on necon for 6 years, and it was the first birth control I ever went on. I LOVED this. I had super light periods that would last 2-3 days. I had no weight gain, but unfortunately no boob gain either haha. I've never had acne problems, and nothing got better or worse being on it. Cramps were a thing in the past on this pill. I literally would forget I'm on my period. Before I went on this pill, I had my period extremely heavy every other week, so this was literally magic. Unfortunately after 6 years my body must have gotten used to the pill, so I switched to Reclispen because I started get spot heavily in-between my period pretty much all the time. I'm hoping my new pill will be just as amazing as Necon..maybe just give me some boobs;)”

Anonymous July 19, 2010

For Birth Control: “I have been taking these pills for two months now and it has shown very good results. Before beginning Necon 1 / 35 I was taking Loestrin and I was constantly spotting and I had my period three times in one month.”

Aliove · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 6, 2013

For Birth Control: “I started taking this after I had a child at age 17, and first, the side effects were minimum for me but I got a lot of weird bumps all over my hands that looked like warts, and the doctor said that I either had to wait them out or stop the pill. After 3 months they finally went away. I took this for about a year. My husband and I have tried for the last 20 months to get pregnant, and it turns out now I'm all of a sudden infertile. I've already had one baby, so this was linked to Necon 1/35.”

cookkkkkiieeeeee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 1, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “I've been on 5 different birth controls before this one, all the others gave me horrible symptoms (no sex drive, nipple sensitivity, severe lower back pain) and this one is totally perfect! after quitting birth control after a few years, I noticed facial hair growing on my neck and thats when I got officially diagnosed with PCOS, (although I had been missing periods since I first ever got a period, I didn't know until now) I have no weight gain, periods are light and not painful at all, moods are regular, NO WEIGHT GAIN weight LOSS actually. everything is great!”

cailinnjoey · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2012

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “I've only been on this for about 2 weeks and I have tons of symptoms. Mood changes, breast enlargement, bloating, cramping in my abdomen. I'm hoping it helps with my PCOS. I'm going to stick with this medication for another month and if I still have all these symptoms I'm going to get off of it.”

Anonymous May 9, 2010

“For nearly a year, I had very irregular, heavy and painful periods. I would skip a month, bleed for a month, skip two months, bleed a month. I have been on Necon 1/35 for two months now and I just had my lightest, easiest period ever. No cramps. No soaking through tampons within 15 minutes. I am so thankful for this medicine! It's seriously changed my life. I've had no side effects and my skin has dramatically cleared.”

TheresaLoveee · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 22, 2013

For Birth Control: “I have been on this pill for 3 years now and overall I have had a great experience with it. I have not experienced any odd side effects however I am a little disappointed it did not help with my back acne. Other than that though, I would recommend this pill. My period only lasts about 3 days and my cramps have subsided considerably.”

Jennaveve June 22, 2013

For Birth Control: “I've been on this pill for years and I'm finally starting to question whether my mood swings and irritability are caused by the pill or just my personality. As others have said.. It causes heavy discharge in between periods and I still get severe cramps. I'm going to stop taking it to see if my mood improves”

mogo1111111 March 6, 2017

For Birth Control: “My Doctor prescribed me Necon 1/35 after my horrible experience with Trinessa. I took Necon for about a year and had absolutely no problems with it. I did experience nausea the first 2 days of each new pack but as long as I had something to eat, it wasn't a problem. Periods were light and only 3 days. I had no problems with weight gain or any side effects really. I really would have stayed on Necon as long as possible except my pharmacy has now switched me to another generic called Nortrel 1/35 which is suppose to be the same so lets see.. One thing that really isn't the biggest deal but I appreciated was the packaging on Necon. Now that I am on something else with way cheaper packaging I miss my old pills. All in all, I would recommend.”

Hbreak · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 29, 2015

For Birth Control: “Extreme nausea at the beginning of the month. The first week I found myself vomiting multiple times in one sitting. Not cramping nor spotting, but the nausea, loss of appetite, and severe irritability caused by Necon aren't worth it.”

ex-necon taker · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 20, 2014

For Birth Control: “I started this birth control my freshman year. I gained 10 lbs after starting this birth control, which I didn't mind because I was underweight, so it was good for me to gain the weight. I had no real problems with Necon, except every month, a week before my period, I got super emotional and had a lot of mood swings and got lower back cramps. After four years of taking Necon, I was starting to get EXTREMELY nauseous the last two weeks of the pack every month, so I just recently switched to a new birth control to try to get rid of the nausea. Overall, I really liked this birth control, it was easy to take and didn't have terrible side effect.”

Anonymous November 18, 2011

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Necon 1/35 for almost 3 months and it's effective. The first month, I experienced cramps in my thighs, slight fatigue and mood swings; these symptoms disappeared after the first month.”

Mickyyjayy November 28, 2015

For Birth Control: “I've been on this medication for going on 6 years now. I started when I was 13 because I had very irregular periods. My freshman year of highschool I put on 10 lbs I do not think the pill had anything to do with it. I have NEVER experienced cramps or PMS ... Ever. I also never had a issue with acne. I have my period every 3 months and it's roughly 4-5 days of light spotting. I do not experience any discharge or spotting either. I've had sex with my fianc”

AllyS June 18, 2015

For Birth Control: “I've been taking Necon 1/35 for almost 2 months now and so far I have experienced acne (which I've never had before), weight gain, Breast growth (I was already a double D Before), and crying spells. I think the worst is the weight gain and cryin spells. This medicine has helped tremendously with my irregular heavy periods though. I now have shorter periods and only once a month. I'm going to continue taking this for another month and then I may consult my doctor.”

nina941 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2012

For Menstrual Disorders: “I have on a variety of different birth controls. Other then the allergic reaction from Loestrin they all cause terrible side effects. Including yeast infection, mood swings, bloating. Now that I am on Necon it works perfect for three weeks each month, the one week is awful. I have cramps, extreme fatigue, and bloating. My moods cause me to have crying spells and I'm sensitive to anything anyone says to me. Dealing with the last week of premenstrual cramps is worth feeling normal throughout the rest of the month.”

602678934 July 8, 2016

For Endometriosis: “ I'm on my 2nd round of necon 1/35. I started taking it because the doctor thinks I have endometriosis, but no one is really sure. My periods are extremely painful and I lose my appetite completely. The side effects of necon are the same as symptoms of pregnancy which is kind of alarming. I'm also even more depressed and anxious than I was before I started taking it. I take it without the placebo week and my period was lighter but longer. It's been two weeks and I've still had terrible pain.”

Anonymous December 30, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “6 months ago I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. I was put on this upon diagnosis. Periods went from maybe 4 unbelievably heavy periods a year lasting about 8-12 days. To completely regular periods, very light and lasting about 2-4 days. Honestly haven't had any severe problems. The most obvious effect on me would have to be the sore breasts and enlargement. No acne other than the occasional pimple. Ultimately, I would recommend.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2015

For Birth Control: “I have used Necon 1/35 for almost 5 months. I take the pill because my periods were heavy and painful. For the first 2 months I had no problems I had normal, short periods and nothing else. But for the last 3 monthsI have had no period at all (100% sure I'm not pregnant) , weight gain, and anxiety attacks. I guess the only good thing I can say about this pull is that I have no period whatsoever”

Britall September 8, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “This was the first one I was put on after going off b.c. after college when I was able to get married and needed contraceptive. I had known for years that I had PCOS (zero periods/year) and would eventually get my diagnosis 2 months after this b.c. It was horrible. I had major mood swings, I would scream at my husband (then fiance) then all of a sudden end up bawling. I had to go off it and still have yet to find a good b.c. that works.”

Tech553 June 2, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I've been on this birth control for almost three months and I have spotted everyday but around two for the past two months. Doctor suggested I wait this month out to make sure it isn't working, but I'm 100% changing it. Two months straight of bleeding is ridiculous.”

Anonymous February 21, 2012

For Birth Control: “After trying several different birth control options (pill/IUD) this is by far the best one so far ... I've been taking it for a little over 4 years and it is very effective with minimal side effects - mostly physical symptoms like slight dizziness from time to time and slight discoloration on my face which is easily covered with powder. Over the course of the last year or two, my periods went from your average 5 to 7 day period to a very nice 3 day, very light period.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 9, 2012

“I was on necon for 5 months. It worked pretty well. My periods were very light and short 2-3 days. My complexion stayed the same, i didnt have acne but i had a few pimples. I stopped using it because I got cramps which I didn't have that bad before taking the pill. The cramps were not that bad though. I went up in breast size slightly. I would reccomend this pill.”

Kanis · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 26, 2015

For Birth Control: “Okay so I have been taking Necon for 9 months because of heavy cramping and long periods. The first couple of months were fine. I was just always emotional and sometimes have a bad attitude. The last past month I have been kind of depressed and having anxiety attacks. It didn't come clear to me that it was the pills until my friend stated that was once her side effect. I have put on a couple of pounds and I am now able to feel out a complete D cup. (Unfortunately) and my acne isn't as bad as it was. It's a 50/50 good product.”

RoseaLynn · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2015

For Birth Control: “I was on this birth control for about three months. The only positive thing I have to say about this pill is my breasts grew a little bit. That being said I did not like this pill otherwise, it gave me bad cramps, my breasts were very sore, and for a while thought I was pregnant because of the side effects that I was having (I wasn't pregnant). The worse side effect though was my period. My period has always been normal and comes at the same time every month for about 5-6 days. This pill made my period come every other day for the three months I was on it , and when my period stayed I would have it for about 10-14 days which absolutely sucked. I have since switched birth control and will never take this again.”

More about Necon 1 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands
Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, ... +43 more

Professional resources