User Reviews for Necon 1/35 to treat Birth Control

Necon 1/35 has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10 from a total of 26 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 50% of those users who reviewed Necon 1/35 reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.

Necon 1/35 Rating Summary

6.1/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Necon 1/35

Pge · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2020

“Was prescribed Necon 1/35 twice for having irregular bleeding as a teen and in my early twenties. In my twenties was worse and the situation I’m talking about. My problem before birth control was I’d go months without any period or bleeding and suddenly I would bleed for months straight with no cramps or pain. I started this and both times a couple months in, during my placebo pills I had my period like I was supposed to, but the amount of bleeding was insane and the pain was worse than labor pains (especially my second time on it). I passed a clot literally the size of a softball, no joke. I got into bath tub and within minutes water was red. I about bled to death. I quit taking immediately. I haven’t touched birth control pills since and I never will. They work for many people, but not for me. The risks of birth control are not worth it for me. I could have died.”

kbell · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 23, 2019

“I'm giving this Necon 1/35 a rating 3/10 only because I didn't get pregnant & didn't get a period. BUT this drug made me gain 20 lbs in 2 months with no lifestyle change, and I was extremely sensitive to the sun which my doctor did not warn me about. I have olive complexion, almost never burn... spent 1 day outside in FL on a partly cloudy day & ended up with HORRIBLE sun burn my skin was melting off my body it was terrible.”

Juelia · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2019

“I had a horrible time with Trinessa and it caused me to become depressed and my anxiety was so bad too. My acne also became cystic with Trinessa and started to become constant and so very painful. My doctor put me on Necon because he said it is supposed to help balance my hormones. I am really excited for it.”

Anonymous January 21, 2010

“The pill itself does what it's supposed to and seems to work pretty well but it gave me some pretty strange white discharge. I thought I kept getting infections but I didn't. It was just from the pill. Also, one of the biggest problems I had with it was that I had a MAJOR decrease in my sex drive. I never wanted sex or to do anything sexual. It was really hard for me to even get turned on. It did it's job not letting me get pregnant but it's hard to get pregnant when you can't even get turned on enough to have sex.”

JengaModeling October 11, 2015

“I was on necon for 6 years, and it was the first birth control I ever went on. I LOVED this. I had super light periods that would last 2-3 days. I had no weight gain, but unfortunately no boob gain either haha. I've never had acne problems, and nothing got better or worse being on it. Cramps were a thing in the past on this pill. I literally would forget I'm on my period. Before I went on this pill, I had my period extremely heavy every other week, so this was literally magic. Unfortunately after 6 years my body must have gotten used to the pill, so I switched to Reclispen because I started get spot heavily in-between my period pretty much all the time. I'm hoping my new pill will be just as amazing as Necon..maybe just give me some boobs;)”

Anonymous July 19, 2010

“I have been taking these pills for two months now and it has shown very good results. Before beginning Necon 1 / 35 I was taking Loestrin and I was constantly spotting and I had my period three times in one month.”

Aliove · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 6, 2013

“I started taking this after I had a child at age 17, and first, the side effects were minimum for me but I got a lot of weird bumps all over my hands that looked like warts, and the doctor said that I either had to wait them out or stop the pill. After 3 months they finally went away. I took this for about a year. My husband and I have tried for the last 20 months to get pregnant, and it turns out now I'm all of a sudden infertile. I've already had one baby, so this was linked to Necon 1/35.”

Jennaveve June 22, 2013

“I've been on this pill for years and I'm finally starting to question whether my mood swings and irritability are caused by the pill or just my personality. As others have said.. It causes heavy discharge in between periods and I still get severe cramps. I'm going to stop taking it to see if my mood improves”

TheresaLoveee · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 22, 2013

“I have been on this pill for 3 years now and overall I have had a great experience with it. I have not experienced any odd side effects however I am a little disappointed it did not help with my back acne. Other than that though, I would recommend this pill. My period only lasts about 3 days and my cramps have subsided considerably.”

mogo1111111 March 6, 2017

“My Doctor prescribed me Necon 1/35 after my horrible experience with Trinessa. I took Necon for about a year and had absolutely no problems with it. I did experience nausea the first 2 days of each new pack but as long as I had something to eat, it wasn't a problem. Periods were light and only 3 days. I had no problems with weight gain or any side effects really. I really would have stayed on Necon as long as possible except my pharmacy has now switched me to another generic called Nortrel 1/35 which is suppose to be the same so lets see.. One thing that really isn't the biggest deal but I appreciated was the packaging on Necon. Now that I am on something else with way cheaper packaging I miss my old pills. All in all, I would recommend.”

Hbreak · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 29, 2015

“Extreme nausea at the beginning of the month. The first week I found myself vomiting multiple times in one sitting. Not cramping nor spotting, but the nausea, loss of appetite, and severe irritability caused by Necon aren't worth it.”

ex-necon taker · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 20, 2014

“I started this birth control my freshman year. I gained 10 lbs after starting this birth control, which I didn't mind because I was underweight, so it was good for me to gain the weight. I had no real problems with Necon, except every month, a week before my period, I got super emotional and had a lot of mood swings and got lower back cramps. After four years of taking Necon, I was starting to get EXTREMELY nauseous the last two weeks of the pack every month, so I just recently switched to a new birth control to try to get rid of the nausea. Overall, I really liked this birth control, it was easy to take and didn't have terrible side effect.”

Anonymous November 18, 2011

“I have been taking Necon 1/35 for almost 3 months and it's effective. The first month, I experienced cramps in my thighs, slight fatigue and mood swings; these symptoms disappeared after the first month.”

Mickyyjayy November 28, 2015

“I've been on this medication for going on 6 years now. I started when I was 13 because I had very irregular periods. My freshman year of highschool I put on 10 lbs I do not think the pill had anything to do with it. I have NEVER experienced cramps or PMS ... Ever. I also never had a issue with acne. I have my period every 3 months and it's roughly 4-5 days of light spotting. I do not experience any discharge or spotting either. I've had sex with my fianc”

AllyS June 18, 2015

“I've been taking Necon 1/35 for almost 2 months now and so far I have experienced acne (which I've never had before), weight gain, Breast growth (I was already a double D Before), and crying spells. I think the worst is the weight gain and cryin spells. This medicine has helped tremendously with my irregular heavy periods though. I now have shorter periods and only once a month. I'm going to continue taking this for another month and then I may consult my doctor.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2015

“I have used Necon 1/35 for almost 5 months. I take the pill because my periods were heavy and painful. For the first 2 months I had no problems I had normal, short periods and nothing else. But for the last 3 monthsI have had no period at all (100% sure I'm not pregnant) , weight gain, and anxiety attacks. I guess the only good thing I can say about this pull is that I have no period whatsoever”

Anonymous February 21, 2012

“After trying several different birth control options (pill/IUD) this is by far the best one so far ... I've been taking it for a little over 4 years and it is very effective with minimal side effects - mostly physical symptoms like slight dizziness from time to time and slight discoloration on my face which is easily covered with powder. Over the course of the last year or two, my periods went from your average 5 to 7 day period to a very nice 3 day, very light period.”

Kanis · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 26, 2015

“Okay so I have been taking Necon for 9 months because of heavy cramping and long periods. The first couple of months were fine. I was just always emotional and sometimes have a bad attitude. The last past month I have been kind of depressed and having anxiety attacks. It didn't come clear to me that it was the pills until my friend stated that was once her side effect. I have put on a couple of pounds and I am now able to feel out a complete D cup. (Unfortunately) and my acne isn't as bad as it was. It's a 50/50 good product.”

RoseaLynn · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2015

“I was on this birth control for about three months. The only positive thing I have to say about this pill is my breasts grew a little bit. That being said I did not like this pill otherwise, it gave me bad cramps, my breasts were very sore, and for a while thought I was pregnant because of the side effects that I was having (I wasn't pregnant). The worse side effect though was my period. My period has always been normal and comes at the same time every month for about 5-6 days. This pill made my period come every other day for the three months I was on it , and when my period stayed I would have it for about 10-14 days which absolutely sucked. I have since switched birth control and will never take this again.”

☆Cowgirl☆ · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2015

“I've been on the necon 1/35 for almost 2 months now. I am definitely experiencing the breast tenderness & enlargement. The tenderness is so bad right now I feel squeezed while wearing a bra so I don't wear one while I'm at home. I have also been experiencing mood swings and crying spells. Dizziness occasionally too. I'm calling my doctor's office tomorrow because bigger breasts isn't worth all this!”

Snapple1018 March 3, 2015

“I've been on this a little over 6 months and haven't had any issues with it... Still not pregnant (I take it religiously every day at noon) and cramps are minimal but I DO have painful gas at times. Was hoping acne would go away but no such luck there... Nor did I "suffer" from larger breasts so that was a let down. Overall, not a bad product”

Regret Necon · Taken for 10 years or more December 7, 2018

“Used to think it was harmless and used Necon for many years. I got a benign brain tumor called a meningioma. My Testosterone was very high in the meningioma that they removed....which necon has plenty of. Honestly if I could go back in time I would ask my husband to have a vasectomy rather than putting this drug repeatedly in my body. Be careful with HRT as well (hormone replacement therapy) pushed on women during menopause. I have 2 friends with breast cancer after taking it. Stay safe.”

LT91 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 26, 2017

“I was on this birth control for 8-9 years! My period would come like clock work, every Tuesday of the 4th week around 9-10am. Really no side effects. Unfortunately, my body got used to this pill causing me to start to spot in between periods and my spotting/period would last for days. I have been looking for a birth control for the last YEAR that has had the same positive effect on my body as Necon did for so long.”

tennisgal February 19, 2018

“I've been on Necon for about 5 months now. It's made my hormonal acne clear up wonderfully. I still have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks but all the active cysts and zits have disappeared. During the first three months, my period came during the placebo week and was very light. During the fourth month, I was spotting the whole week before the sugar pill week and experienced no bleeding during my sugar pill week. My breasts have gone up a size and I experienced 0 weight gain . I just switched insurance companies and my new pharmacy switched me over to Nortrel which I'm extremely nervous about because I haven't read the best reviews about Nortrel. Necon was absolutely wonderful for me!!”

Madisonnnnnnnn · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 21, 2017

“I have been on this birth control for 3.5 years and it has been great. I never have breakthrough bleeding, and my period comes for 4 days on the Monday morning around 11am after the last active pill. I've lost 10lbs over the years while being on the pill and did not gain any weight when I first started it. If I skip one pill, I do start bleeding but that has only happened a couple of times over the years. My skin was flawless for a year but now I get a couple small breakouts here and there enough to try a new pill. I have noticed a reduction in libido over time but it's minimal and manageable. The other generic versions (Nortrel, cyclafem, etc.) do not react the same at all and I cannot take those.”

Anonymous June 5, 2017

“I recently just stopped taking Necon because of my terrible experience with it. I only took it for about 3 months but it made my periods very irregular, I would have spotting on and off two weeks before my period and it caused me to gain 10 pounds. I thought I was getting fat but had no change in my diet. I also have severe period cramps and this does not help with them at all. I do not recommend this product.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 1, 2018

“Necon 1/35 was my first birth control. I had no complaints. No weight gain, acne was less severe. I still had a pimple here and there but nothing too problematic. During the week of the sugar pills I had my period and my period was lighter but still like clockwork. I’m currently on a new birth control (deblitane) and I’m not sure I like it since it has no sugar pills. I was put on deblitane because the nurse who prescribed it to me believed that my blood pressure is out of control when it really isn’t. I’d prefer the Necon.”

Chy · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 20, 2018

“I was on this for about 3 years. This summer I was getting really depressed and my anxiety was at an all time high before I would get my period. My doctor put me on antidepressants and wanted to monitor me. After the summer was over I felt like I had symptoms of hormonal imbalance. Random light cramps during any week that I wasn’t on my period. Headaches, acne flare ups, brittle and weak nails, my hair seemed to fall out more often, weight gain, tired all the time, longer periods. I think my birth control has stopped working for me. Let’s just hope I’m not pregnant lol. After my next period I’ll be taking yazmin instead. Necon was fantastic while it lasted.”

More about Necon 1 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands
Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, ... +43 more

Professional resources