User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1.5 / 30

Acne 5 reviews 528 medications

2.8
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 reviews 64 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1.5/30

For Acne "I've never had to fight with acne in my life, because fortunately I was blessed with good skin. I started getting large amounts of deep set acne all over my chin and neck once I started this birth control. Also had about two weeks of breakthrough bleeding each cycle. As well as severe mood swings. Would not recommend to anyone."

BaumSquad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I went on this birth control for two reasons : acne and protection from pregnancy. Have been taking it for 6 months and always have sex with my boyfriend without a condom. I haven't had a single side effect from this birth control. Never any headaches, food cravings, significant loss or weight gain, bloating. Nothing. My periods have been always regular even before taking this drug and they are still regular now. A day or two before I finish my active pills I get mild cramps, then when I'm on placebo week my period comes and is there for good 5-6 days just like my period is if I were not taking the pill. I never saw any changes in my mood, I don't feel tired and have never been pregnant. I feel like my usual self on this pill."

Nathalie-Anne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This pill works absolute wonders for me. Before I got on this pill I had very heavy and painful periods. When I started the microgestin 1.5/30 the heavy bleeding and painful cramps went away. My periods are now light and the cramps are little to none. Not to mention I had a very bad acne problem, that went away too. Besides the headaches that I get once in a while this pill seems to be treating me good. No pregnancies or anything. It is actually worth it. It works! It also helps for more than just birth control."

KayRiii February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "NOT WORTH THE LITERAL MIGRAINE YOU GET!!! AND I DON'T PAY ANYTHING FOR IT!!!!! Worst BC I have EVER experienced! Terrible mood swings, horrendous weight gain (because if i don't eat every hour I get sick, shake and headaches - even after switching to taking the pill at night AND eating healthy alternatives - fruit, veggies, hell even crackers) How is it I actually LOSE weight (5-10 lbs ) when I start my period? Oh, because I'm not taking this God forsaken pill. You're better off being pregnant with how sick this awful BC will make you and how much weight you will put on. At least then you will have an excuse to look like a heifer. I have been on this for 3 months as I wanted to give my body time to adjust to it and it's been consistent. AWFUL"

this is my nickname February 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I got off the 1.5/30 because I was getting VERY irregular periods. I'd skip a month, but on that month that I skipped I would have period symptoms so I thought I was pregnant. I would experience little cramps and acne for about 2 weeks. Then the next month I would get an actual period for about 3 days. However it was very light. I thought this is very weird and thought my body was out of wack so I went back to the less hormonal birth control. I talked to my doctor and she told me that 1.5/30 is for people who are usually athletes and want no periods, or very little periods and that is why I had basically no periods. I eventually went back to the 1.5/30 because I do very enjoy not buying pads and tampons every month at a ridiculous cost."

Elena1995 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Hello everyone, I started this birth control back in January of 2016. I needed to take birth control because I just started a new relationship. Anyway, when I first took Microgestin 1/20 and after a few months of taking it (about 6 months) I went to my doctor and she gave me 1.5/30. The reason why I went to my doctor is because my periods were not regular with the 1/20. I would get my period sometimes and it was my emotions were out of control. My doctor recommended 1.5/30. My first few months of 1.5/30 were good. I was more emotional, easily frustrated, moody, etc. Thats to be expected though. Now I am a year in with the birth control and I can say that everything is going good so far. Periods are regular, and no baby!"

Annax (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for years. The only occasional problem I experience is breakthrough bleeding but it's usually very light and goes away quickly. I had some headaches initially when I first started taking it but they went away after the first month of being on the pill. It did eliminate my sex drive almost completely which I loved but I can see why many people wouldn't like that side effect."

Roses2175 February 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I originally started birth control around the age of 17-18. I had very heavy periods through high school and would miss a day of school every month due to the awful cramps/diarrhea I would get. I was put on a higher hormone pill that helped my periods lighten up but made me gain 10 pounds or so.. long story short I got switched onto Microgestin and was happy on it for 5-6 years. I didn't have any problems with acne, weight gain or heavy periods. I actually would only get a very light (just spotting pretty much) period once every 3 months or so which my doctor said was normal with this birth control. I had no issues with pregnancy on the pill either and my boy friend and I do not use protection since I'm on the pill. I recommend it!"

Dani_D73 January 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control when Gildess was recalled. Gildess was PERFECT for me so I hoped that the change wouldn't be as different, but I was wrong. Granted, this pill did a good job in preventing pregnancy and there was no breakthrough bleeding. I experienced mood swings about a week into taking this pill and honestly did not recognize myself. I never understood depression caused by the pill because I never experienced it but this pill literally made my life hell. I was so moody, crying at the smallest things, and my sex drive was GONE. I also had no desire to eat because of the constant nausea and abdominal pain. Avoid this pill, the side effects are NOT worth it. Currently waiting to be switched to brand Loestrin fe."

PharmStudent10 January 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "My pharmacist put me on this when i have been on GILDESS 1.5/30 (21) ORAL for almost 2 years and that was perfect but now that i'm on Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 I'm having horrible headaches, major mood swings, and depression. I absolutely hate this pill I would give it a negative rating if i could."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I am 18 years old and after being on this pill it caused me to have extreme hair loss. I didn't realize this what was causing till 4 months in. It did a good job keeping me from getting pregnant but now I am depressed over my hair loss. Not worth it!"

Unhappy user (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I've been on this pill for almost a month and like everyone else said my face has never been so broke out in my entire life. And its all around my mouth and chin. They say sometimes its takes over a month for it to balance out but honestly I'm not sure I'm willing to wait that long. Not happy with it at all."

grrrrr (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Microgestin for about half a year when my insurance made me choose between paying or switching to Blisovi. I chose Blisovi and only after being on another birth control did I truly recognize how amazing Microgestin is. It stopped my horrible cramps and excessively heavy and long periods in their tracks and gave me my life back. I've never experienced any negative side effects on it. The only bad thing I can say is it almost works a little too good, as in my periods pretty much disappeared. It's weird to go from a week long blood bath to like an hour-long spot of blood as your period, but hey beggars can't be choosers! I don't care, I'll pay to stay on Microgestin than that horrible Blisovi!"

SarahS17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "After being on Depo and two different pills, my gynecologist decided to have me try this one to see if my side affects would be less severe. I mainly got on this because my bf and I wanted to stop using condoms ;) I started this only two months ago (September 2015) and it started out pretty good; no side effects. By October, me and my bf noticed that my boobs were swollen (he enjoyed that) and I am now having painful cramps every other week. Now that it's November, I notice that my sex drive has decreased a little, I have terrible mood swings, and I'm lethargic most of the time :( But overall, the pill is very effective; my bf has not "pulled out" since I started and still no pregnancy! Totally worth it if you can handle the changes."

sgheaven (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been taking Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for almost 6 months now for the sole purpose of birth control. While it has never failed me in regards to contraception, it has given me crazy mood swings, sharp cramps, and intense sudden headaches that sometimes become migraines. I'm talking migraines so bad that I have to close my eyes and crawl to get anywhere I need to go, if I can even move at all. It has been an emotional and painful 6 month trial, and I'm done with this contraceptive."

MigraineLady November 4, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "About two months ago I had to switch from LoLestrin Fe to microgestin due to my insurance and pharmacy. Since starting microgestin I've noticed insane bloating and nausea and weird discharge. While on lolestrin, my periods consisted of spotting and average side effects, nothing too serious, but after one month of micro I got my period and it was heavy and the cramping was so painful I had to leave my class. I've also noticed I've developed bad depression and my mood swings are very intense. My anxiety is bad and my sex drive is very low if not nonexistent anymore. It helped with my acne but I'm a lot more paranoid about getting pregnant than I was on lolestrin. I'm going to be talking to my doctor about possibly getting the shot."

Lydbug October 31, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on this birth control for a little over a year now. It does help menstrual cramps by a ton, but it will take a couple months before the cycle starts becoming a rhythm. I also gained a lot of weight after starting this birth control. Nearly 10 pounds over the course of the year. It also contributes to very high mood swings and anxiety, but overall these things are worth it to stop the pain that came with regular cramps. I used to have to miss school certain days when they were bad, but now I hardly notice them."

j12231j October 10, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was on Microgestion Fe 1/20 for around 10 months due to migraines. I was constantly having breakthrough bleeding, mood swings, horrible anxiety which I had never had before, and my acne had come back. I switched to Glidess Fe 1.5/30 because it was free through my insurance and all of my symptoms cleared up. After going back to school, where I do not have my normal pharmacy, I got put on Microgestion Fe 1.5/30 because they do not carry Glidess. My doctor did not clear this, but the pharmacist told me that I should have no problems. WRONG! My anxiety came back full swing and that is not helpful being a college nursing student. I am constantly tired and I am eating like crazy. I am switching back to my old medication asap."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "I have taken these pills for 1 week, but that is all it took for me to know they are NOT for me. My insurance switched me to these. These pills have so many negative effects on me! First, I am STARVING every hour or so. I can even eat a big meal and I will be starving again, and if I don't eat, I will feel weak and shaky. Second, I am bloated all the time, which is really uncomfortable! Third, towards the end of the week, I started to feel really tired for no reason even though I had a good night's sleep. I would suddenly just feel faint and I could barely keep my eyes open. Also, on the 6th day, I felt a heaviness in my chest, which cannot be good. I am going to see if I can switch back to my other ones (Gianvi). I do NOT recommend these!"

NicoleAn September 12, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "20 years old. Very active sex life. Been on the pill for 9 months. My boyfriend doesn't pull out 1/8 of the times, I've never had a pregnancy scare. Side effects I noticed that haven't gone away: constantly bloated, increase in fatigue, increase in anxiety and emotions, more prone to head aches, acne worsens close to period (never used to happen), breast get tender 2 weeks into new pill cycle, increase in discharge/wetness I haven't had any weight gain but noticeable bloating. I have gone a few hours between pills and still worked. My period is lighter and about 4 days long. Nothing happened to my libido. Overall enjoyable pill."

Anonymous July 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had been on my period for 3months. The microgestin 1/20 was causing heavy bleeding and blood clots. The dr switched me to 1.5/ 30 microgestin and I stopped bleeding in 5 days. I was finally able to consummate my new marriage. So grateful..."

0604 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been using Microgestin 1.5/30 for a few months and it's worked really well for me. I've had terribly heavy, painful periods for 20 years - heavy enough that despite using Ultra tampons with maxi pads, I'd have to run to a bathroom every 2-3 hours. On one occasion, I ended up in the ER because I was going through super plus tampons every 20 minutes for over 3 hours. I was a little nervous to try the Microgestin but my side effects have been minimal. A little bit of spotting, a little moodiness, a little acne, but I've lost a few pounds and the bleeding is finally under control for the first time in over 20 years. I'm thrilled."

GummieBears June 14, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Im taking this pill because I have very irregular periods, sometimes they can last up to two months. I'm currently going on one month of bleeding and I started the pill 3 weeks ago, bleeding may have gotten lighter but it gets heavier throughout the day and hasn't even stopped yet."

Huggybear1738 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I am currently on this pill and have been for the past 8 months. I'm not a huge fan, but its done its job thus far so I can't complain too much. If you get migraine headaches w/ aura, I wouldn't recommend this pill. I usually get 2 headaches a month now when before starting birth control, I could go just about 3-4 months without a migraine. I also have some slight nausea, dizziness, breast tenderness and swelling, and some fatigue (usually within the first week of starting back up on the pill). These symptoms have happened continuously throughout the 8 months on this pill and have not gotten any better (although doctors suggest your body will get used to the hormones within 3 months). These symptoms are not usually severe though."

gingerrrnesss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "WORST BC PILL EVER!!! First two weeks went great no side effects but third week was terrible! This pill made me super bloated and constipated. It really messed my stomach up it's so uncomfortable. Will never take this again."

Anonymous May 20, 2016