User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1.5 / 30

Acne 3 reviews 525 medications

2.7
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 reviews 52 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1.5/30

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Microgestin for about half a year when my insurance made me choose between paying or switching to Blisovi. I chose Blisovi and only after being on another birth control did I truly recognize how amazing Microgestin is. It stopped my horrible cramps and excessively heavy and long periods in their tracks and gave me my life back. I've never experienced any negative side effects on it. The only bad thing I can say is it almost works a little too good, as in my periods pretty much disappeared. It's weird to go from a week long blood bath to like an hour-long spot of blood as your period, but hey beggars can't be choosers! I don't care, I'll pay to stay on Microgestin than that horrible Blisovi!"

SarahS17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 22, 2016

For Birth Control "After being on Depo and two different pills, my gynecologist decided to have me try this one to see if my side affects would be less severe. I mainly got on this because my bf and I wanted to stop using condoms ;) I started this only two months ago (September 2015) and it started out pretty good; no side effects. By October, me and my bf noticed that my boobs were swollen (he enjoyed that) and I am now having painful cramps every other week. Now that it's November, I notice that my sex drive has decreased a little, I have terrible mood swings, and I'm lethargic most of the time :( But overall, the pill is very effective; my bf has not "pulled out" since I started and still no pregnancy! Totally worth it if you can handle the changes."

sgheaven (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for almost 6 months now for the sole purpose of birth control. While it has never failed me in regards to contraception, it has given me crazy mood swings, sharp cramps, and intense sudden headaches that sometimes become migraines. I'm talking migraines so bad that I have to close my eyes and crawl to get anywhere I need to go, if I can even move at all. It has been an emotional and painful 6 month trial, and I'm done with this contraceptive."

MigraineLady November 4, 2016

For Birth Control "About two months ago I had to switch from LoLestrin Fe to microgestin due to my insurance and pharmacy. Since starting microgestin I've noticed insane bloating and nausea and weird discharge. While on lolestrin, my periods consisted of spotting and average side effects, nothing too serious, but after one month of micro I got my period and it was heavy and the cramping was so painful I had to leave my class. I've also noticed I've developed bad depression and my mood swings are very intense. My anxiety is bad and my sex drive is very low if not nonexistent anymore. It helped with my acne but I'm a lot more paranoid about getting pregnant than I was on lolestrin. I'm going to be talking to my doctor about possibly getting the shot."

Lydbug October 31, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on this birth control for a little over a year now. It does help menstrual cramps by a ton, but it will take a couple months before the cycle starts becoming a rhythm. I also gained a lot of weight after starting this birth control. Nearly 10 pounds over the course of the year. It also contributes to very high mood swings and anxiety, but overall these things are worth it to stop the pain that came with regular cramps. I used to have to miss school certain days when they were bad, but now I hardly notice them."

j12231j October 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Microgestion Fe 1/20 for around 10 months due to migraines. I was constantly having breakthrough bleeding, mood swings, horrible anxiety which I had never had before, and my acne had come back. I switched to Glidess Fe 1.5/30 because it was free through my insurance and all of my symptoms cleared up. After going back to school, where I do not have my normal pharmacy, I got put on Microgestion Fe 1.5/30 because they do not carry Glidess. My doctor did not clear this, but the pharmacist told me that I should have no problems. WRONG! My anxiety came back full swing and that is not helpful being a college nursing student. I am constantly tired and I am eating like crazy. I am switching back to my old medication asap."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I have taken these pills for 1 week, but that is all it took for me to know they are NOT for me. My insurance switched me to these. These pills have so many negative effects on me! First, I am STARVING every hour or so. I can even eat a big meal and I will be starving again, and if I don't eat, I will feel weak and shaky. Second, I am bloated all the time, which is really uncomfortable! Third, towards the end of the week, I started to feel really tired for no reason even though I had a good night's sleep. I would suddenly just feel faint and I could barely keep my eyes open. Also, on the 6th day, I felt a heaviness in my chest, which cannot be good. I am going to see if I can switch back to my other ones (Gianvi). I do NOT recommend these!"

NicoleAn September 12, 2016

For Birth Control "20 years old. Very active sex life. Been on the pill for 9 months. My boyfriend doesn't pull out 1/8 of the times, I've never had a pregnancy scare. Side effects I noticed that haven't gone away: constantly bloated, increase in fatigue, increase in anxiety and emotions, more prone to head aches, acne worsens close to period (never used to happen), breast get tender 2 weeks into new pill cycle, increase in discharge/wetness I haven't had any weight gain but noticeable bloating. I have gone a few hours between pills and still worked. My period is lighter and about 4 days long. Nothing happened to my libido. Overall enjoyable pill."

Anonymous July 8, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had been on my period for 3months. The microgestin 1/20 was causing heavy bleeding and blood clots. The dr switched me to 1.5/ 30 microgestin and I stopped bleeding in 5 days. I was finally able to consummate my new marriage. So grateful..."

0604 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using Microgestin 1.5/30 for a few months and it's worked really well for me. I've had terribly heavy, painful periods for 20 years - heavy enough that despite using Ultra tampons with maxi pads, I'd have to run to a bathroom every 2-3 hours. On one occasion, I ended up in the ER because I was going through super plus tampons every 20 minutes for over 3 hours. I was a little nervous to try the Microgestin but my side effects have been minimal. A little bit of spotting, a little moodiness, a little acne, but I've lost a few pounds and the bleeding is finally under control for the first time in over 20 years. I'm thrilled."

GummieBears June 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Im taking this pill because I have very irregular periods, sometimes they can last up to two months. I'm currently going on one month of bleeding and I started the pill 3 weeks ago, bleeding may have gotten lighter but it gets heavier throughout the day and hasn't even stopped yet."

Huggybear1738 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I am currently on this pill and have been for the past 8 months. I'm not a huge fan, but its done its job thus far so I can't complain too much. If you get migraine headaches w/ aura, I wouldn't recommend this pill. I usually get 2 headaches a month now when before starting birth control, I could go just about 3-4 months without a migraine. I also have some slight nausea, dizziness, breast tenderness and swelling, and some fatigue (usually within the first week of starting back up on the pill). These symptoms have happened continuously throughout the 8 months on this pill and have not gotten any better (although doctors suggest your body will get used to the hormones within 3 months). These symptoms are not usually severe though."

gingerrrnesss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "WORST BC PILL EVER!!! First two weeks went great no side effects but third week was terrible! This pill made me super bloated and constipated. It really messed my stomach up it's so uncomfortable. Will never take this again."

Anonymous May 20, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control protected me from pregnancy every time ! Sometimes I would take it a few hours later as well and it would still work. There is a lot of estrogen in it so it caused me to get headaches. Super light, predicted period every month. No cramps. No weight gain other then your typical bloating."

Emily333 May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "After years of trying different birth controls I finally hit the jackpot with this one. I'm 32 years old and I definitely went through my share of experiences with other birth controls but this one has been the best one thus far. No side effects for me, no nausea, no mood swings and loss of libido. Weight loss? I actually lost around 10 lbs the first couple months I started this birth control and a couple people I knew who were taking the same medication told me they had the same response. Glad I finally found the right one for me."

Giovanna A May 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking microgestin 1.5/30 for almost 6 months and so far it is great. My main concern when starting birth control was weight gain and acne, but I was able to maintain my weight and my skin has significantly cleared up. My period arrives at the same time every time it is due which is great. Slight headaches and moodiness right before my period, although the I experience moodiness throughout the cycle. This took me a while to get used to but now I am able to control it. I do not use a condom when having sex so this is my only birth control method and so far it has worked to keep me from getting pregnant. I did take antibiotics while on this pill and it seemed to still work fine."

Grace9983 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2016

"This birth control really cleared up my acne, as well as shortening the length of my periods and making it light. It protected me from pregnancy every month which was good, however, it made me have terrible headaches and made me extremely moody and sometimes depressed. You have to give any birth control Time and every pill works different for everyone , but other than that I give it 8 out of 10"

Emily2333 April 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been using LoEstrin FE 1.5/30 since Sept 2012. I've been on various other BC pills since 1999 and this is hands down the best I've experienced. I have zero side effects. My cycle is perfectly 28 days (to the hour), my period is short (2 days) and light (I use light absorbency tampons or a pantyliner). I cannot recall the last time I experienced cramps, and I only ever have acne in places I touch my face. I love this pill."

ddbubbles (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "This by far was the worst experience on a pill. I rated it a 2 because I didn't get pregnant. I was not only bloated ALL of the time, but literally craved food ALL of the time. I gained 20 pounds in 8 months (went from my normal weight- 115 to 135 in the blink of an eye). I was out-eating my boyfriend who is twice my size. I won't even get into the moodiness. I was depressed for months. I would never recommend this pill to anyone, I don't see how it is still on the market. I switched back to my old pill from my teen years (I'm 32 now) which never gave me problems (Levora) and 2 weeks in, I've already lost all of the water retention and 7 pounds. The food cravings are gone also, finding that I'm having to "remember" to eat."

Hated IT! January 27, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Took this for a WEEK will never take this in my life again it has messed up my stomach really bad it gave me bad acid reflux nausea, Vomiting - I experienced vomiting everytime I ate and drank the last 2 days today was my last day on it. I'm scared that I messed up my stomach for good. I wouldn't recommend if you have a sensitive stomach."

Rinna (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I began taking birth control to help control my heavy bleeding and cramping. I was on a lower dose birth control, Norethindrone/eth 24 Fe, for 8 months and it was amazing until I started to have break through bleeding. My obgyn switched me to this to stop the bleeding. I'm a Sunday starter and the switch between the two was hard for my body and resulted in a full month of bleeding. The periods lightened/shortened with this pill, but I started getting a ton of side effects I never had before; such as nausea, headaches, constant aching during periods, bloating, weight gain around my stomach area, and constipation. The pill worked to prevent pregnancy ( condoms) and in reducing flow, but with the added side effects it wasn't worth it to stay."

Anonymous January 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I was switched to microgestin after having break through bleeding with tri-sprintec (I had been on it for years prior). I noticed way less bloating! Which was great! I also was more "regular" if you know what I mean. I did feel a little bit moody. I ended up switching to another pill because this one caused my hair to thin out around my hairline. I know that sounds weird but it was pretty noticeable with my hair in a pony tail. I also noticed my scalp hurt a lot and I had slight, but manageable, hormonal pimples on my chin. I think that would have cleared up if I stayed on it longer."

eirbua (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I am 35 and have had extremely random menstrual cycles for as long as I have had a period. I never know when the cycle will start, end or if it will be spotty or 5 gallons of blood. I am on the 3rd month of this Microgestin 1.5/30 and I will not be taking it anymore. The Microgestin has seemed to make my menstrual cycles right on schedule and with very little blood flow, however since week one, I have had the most painful ovarian cysts. I have never had these before and it started on week one but the last several have ruptured closer to ovulation. The first time I had to call the ambulance because I thought my appendices had burst. After 2 months, I started forming a belly that looks very similar to a baby bump, but it is not."

bigbertha707 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I had to switch from the patch to this, and that was the worst mistake. This pill had so many side-effects that came very slowly for the 6 months I was on it, and acne started developing on my cheeks, my chin, and on my chest. The acne was purple and really nasty. I never had acne in my life before! My periods almost went away with this pill, which honestly was the silver lining if you want to call it that. The worst part was that I had no interest in sex at all. Zero libido. So glad that I am off this pill. It was NOT for me."

xnesse (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I like that I don't get a period but I'm having trouble losing weight. My blood pressure is up and I have 0 sex drive along with painful sex and vaginal discomfort. I've taken it straight for 2 years and I'm giving my body a break."

M80s September 10, 2015