User Reviews for Microgestin 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin 1/20.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Menstrual Disorders 4 reviews 71 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 3 reviews 169 medications

Summary of Microgestin 1/20 reviews 57 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Microgestin 1/20

For Birth Control "This birth control is awful. I've been on microgestin for almost two months now and I have nothing good to say about it. My anxiety is through the roof (I'm not generally an anxious person), I'm super moody (I'm normally a happy person), I'm extremely bloated 24/7 (I look 6 months pregnant), my hair keeps falling out, I'm nauseous, I just got over my period a week ago and now I have breakthrough bleeding (heavy bleeding), I already have horrid period cramps from PCOS but these microgestin cramps are almost unbearable. Seriously, just don't try this bc..."

AshleyMK June 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control since March of 2017 and it's worked great for me so far. No pregnancies, no side affects. I absolutely love it. I still get my period during the placebo week but my cramps are way more manageable, and my period is super light and only last 2-3 days, when before it was 4-5 days and horrible horrible cramps. I've always had clear skin but I do notice that the first two weeks of a new pack, my skin is glowing! Towards the last week of the active pills I get my regular period about to start pimples. Sometimes I notice a slight increased irritability but I can't completely attribute that to just this birth control. I've had horrible mood swings on a past medication and haven't gotten even an ounce of that."

Tiff tiff ali (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a year to treat PCOS. My periods were very irregular and I experienced spotting and a low sex drive for first three months after starting. Then I was having normal 3-4 day periods every other month. I also had trouble with nausea and an upset stomach but it subsided after a week or so. I continued to workout and eat somewhat healthy and I was still able to lose weight. My only complaint was that after starting the pill, my skin got very sensitive to the chlorine in the pool."

HeroicMoose (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 3 months and haven't had any issues.I am wondering about my sex drive though but I am not sure yet if its the pill or work stress because I have a lot of that. My periods are shorter and lighter and as long as I eat when I take it I don't experience any stomach issues. Everyone's body is different and just because someone had a bad experience doesn't mean you will. I don't have issues with anxiety or depression. Those who experience that already may have an increase of those symptoms. Pills don't make you gain weight food does. If your appetite has increased on it practice some discipline and eat less. I exercise regularly and have not gained weight."

Ms. Hbrad (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for almost two months now, and it's been perfect! I started taking Mononessa in October, and it caused me to bleed for about sixty days straight - no good. I also noticed that my emotions were way out of whack, I was basically a trainwreck. When I switched over to Microgestin, not only did I stop bleeding within a week, but I feel more mentally balanced, too. I haven't experienced any side effects. I'm very happy with it, and plan to continue using it."

Gsimons January 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My experience has been horrible. I have taken Loestrin brand for years and I have never had breakthrough bleeding with other BCs until now. I am halfway through my 3rd pack and I came back on a week after my cycle stopped. I am extremely heavy and it's worst than my normal period. I am going back to the doctor this week."

Dee112 January 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Microgestin for 4 months now and I hate it. I have not found a birth control yet that doesn't screw up my period which I use to be able to count on every 30th or so of the month. This is my 3rd birth control. Mood swings, depression, sadness, lower sex drive, increase appetite and oh yeah a whole lot of bleeding. My period is completely out of wack. I tried to skip ONE period. Well it worked. But then out of no where I bled for 19 days straight (not light bleeding either). I don't know what to do! My body hates birth control. My mom said that it was like that for her as well. Not sure what to try next."

C.C. Snoops December 9, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis "I started my first pack October 1st, two mn ago. Since then I've been on my period on & off the last six of the eight weeks. Spoting on the days I were suppose to get my period but living with full blown endo all eight weeks. This by far is the worse birth control I've ever taken. Side effect out this world. First it was the cramping, then the headaches, then chronic fatigue even after food. What made it strange is the horrible mood swings making a monster. (Literaly) My emotions were gone, all I felt was anger & numbness. I had no idea it was the birth control until my OB informed me yesterday that generic brands are made in other countries, made with god-knows-what. So today was put on a name brand birth control. We shall see!"

Ashlynneeat December 2, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is my first time in 12 years being on the pill. I originally stopped taking birth control because I would get such bad headaches. -I'm currently finishing up my first month. I can honestly say the only complaint I have is the break through bleeding and random cramps which started 2 1/2 weeks in. While I've read it is normal due to hormones changing& your body getting used to it, it is VERY inconvenient! It's been consistent & heavy enough that I have to wear tampons. I've read this can happen for the next few months-great, so not looking forward to non stop bleeding! -I did notice slightly fuller breasts.... Well at least my left one haha! -I've noticed I have more energy. -Slightly irritable at times"

SBD123789 November 22, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was prescribed Mirogestin after experiencing prolonged abnormal bleeding. I've not been on birth control for over a decade and I have to say I hate this drug! Three weeks in and I am miserable. I don't want to continue taking it at all, I can't do this for 3 months. Here is my experience: I started taking the pill while on my cycle, as directed by my Ob-Gyn and on the last day of my cycle as the flow was lessening it suddenly got heavier and I spent five days dealing with extremely heavy flow (every 60-90mins) Then it stopped for 2 days and then started again. Sore lower back and abdomen constantly. Increased appetite. Fatigue. Emotional. Advil is a constant, without it I'd be a wreck!"

Kazz1234 November 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "i lost all vision in my left eye for 2 days. side effects are serious"

js20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I tried Microgestin 1/20 for a month. I had originally had Mirena (which I loved and had no issues whatsoever, but had it removed because my husband kept complaining incessantly about being poked by the strings). I noticed after a week of taking it I felt incredibly sad. I couldn't enjoy much of anything. This was a drastic change to how I was feeling just a week ago. As the pack wore on, it only got worse. My entire family noticed a drastic difference in my mood. I'm definitely going to attribute it to this birth control because once I stopped taking it I was fine and back to my normal self. Not sure why doctors don't warn you about these side effects. Thanks, Big Pharma!"

VTours (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I don't really know how to feel about this pill. My doctor switched me over from tri privefem because I got very bad migraines. I still do suffer pretty bad headaches but less severe and less often. I also had no issue with my period (lasts around 3 days and is fairly light) it's also helped a lot with cramps. I did break out a little but I'm not sure if that was from the pill or stress from starting a new job. I also gained a little weight but again, that may be my lifestyle (not always eating right and exercising). One thing this pill did do it prevent me from getting pregnant because my sex drive has been so low I haven't been able to have sex!"

Fjaofickanc (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The only bad side effect I have is very lightlight nausea after taking the pill, other than that I have had a very pleasant experience with the pill and do not plan on switching"

Trina1234 August 10, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm taking it for a regular birth control and I'm just fine.. I haven't had any crazy mood swings, no weird cravings, and my acne is actually clearing up. It all depends on your body and how your body takes it, like I said I'm just fine!"

higs August 5, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Like other reviews said, you won't take the time to post a review if you're happy with it but I am. After switching from bc to bc this one finally worked on me. I went from having extremely heavy periods, pelvic pain, and not being able to stand up to a medium to light period the first month. Pain meds finally worked on me to remove the pain unlike before."

Em19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Stopped my period after the first pack and then after a month after not taking anything. Never experienced that with other birth control pills. Not going to take them again. The doctor no nothing about the pills they prescribed. Disappointed."

osenka0603 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about a month now. I've been bleeding since the first day I started it. I'm now up to my placebo pills which I'm just going to take. I'm hoping my body adjusts soon because the bleeding/spotting is quite aggravating. I've been moody, but I'm a generally moody person and would have to wait it out to say it's the pill doing it. My appetite has actually decreased, which is something I wasn't expecting at all. Other than the bleeding, no complaints on this pill this far."

Melissax July 25, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been taking Microgestin for three months. (Had to get off Levora because of seriously chronic nausea)The first month on Microgestin I was just a couple hours late taking a pill and bled almost immediately. Second and third months haven't missed a pill and my periods have been almost nonexistent. Super scary on month two but really an appreciated bonus I hope continues."

JTRz July 19, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Microgestin for 5 months. Although it solved my original problem of severe cramping (what I thought was ovarian cysts), Microgestin had many side effects for me. I experienced nausea right before periods, depression, anxiety, and extreme mood swings. I was sleeping a lot during the day which caused me to not sleep at night. I am switching to Trinessa and hope it fixes these problems."

jjj900 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been taking this pill for two months now and have been bleeding for the last 28 days, and this is with already skipping the sugar pills. Can't imagine if I actually had let my body have a period. The doctor said give it three months, I'm waiting. I have cramps every day, motrin is like a daily routine now day and night. Has anyone experienced this?"

Your buddy April 23, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am in my 30s. I do not take any other medications. I do not smoke or drink. I have anxiety. This birth control ruined my life. My anxiety went through the roof. I couldn't leave the house. My husband was getting frustrated but we communicate well so while he was skeptical he saw the side effects. The enhanced anxiety was nuts! Our anniversary was ruined by me not being able to go into the hotel/casino, sitting in the truck, shaking and throwing up. The hot and cold flashes were unbearable. I couldn't cuddle with my husband and I would go outside to cool off (Thank god we live in the Rocky Mountains) in the snow. Debilitating migraines, nausea, vomiting, etc. I switched to OrthoTri Cyclen Lo :) and my husband is getting a vasectomy."

BamsMom (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I wanted to write this review because I read many negative reviews and do not want people to think birth control is a horrible thing. Everyone's body is different so the reactions to the pill will be different- it is not a one size fits all type of deal. Additionally, it is best to stay on birth control for at least 3 months before switching over. Some people only stay on it for a month or two before switching because they are not happy with the side effects but do not realize they disappear over time. I've only been on the pill for over a month but overall I am very satisfied with the results. I did experience back pain, breakouts, breast tenderness, and headaches but it went away. My period is shorter and cramps are way less painful."

SaintNick8822 January 18, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Awful Birth Control - If your doctor has prescribed this to you, please ask them to reconsider because it truly shouldn't even be on the market. Spotting, nausea, headaches, weight gain, are all a few side effects."

MehnazS123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I wanted to write something as I'm in the process of researching new birth control (I have underlying high blood pressure and smoke, so the pill may not be the best long term birth control option for me) and I found that there's not a lot of good info out there comparing methods. Most reviews seem to be people complaining, because who's going to take the time to write something when they're happy? Well, I want to. I've been on microgestin for over a yr and it's been great. My acne is much improved on it, I've actually lost weight in this time, I haven't had any spotting. My libido is still high and I haven't had issues with arousal. I miss my period sometimes but I think that's from using this continuously so often to skip it. No pregnancy!"

Jackie0294 January 10, 2016