User Reviews for Larin Fe 1.5/30

Birth Control 4.0

Reviews for Larin Fe 1.5/30

M. Fro · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “My former gyno is a team gyno for a volleyball team in one of our state’s universities. After I miscarried around 10 weeks, I went to him because the post-pregnancy hormones combined with my tricyclic birth control was exacerbating my PMDD to the point of suicidal ideation for 2 weeks/month. Larin is a good option, he said, because the dose of estrogen stays consistent, unlike the tricyclic. He also advised that Larin is a fantastic BC option for athletes (I no longer play sports but I’m in the gym 4-6 days a week). Turned out he was absolute correct - I started only having periods every few months and now I’ve not had one in about 8 months. I love it. It also dialled PMDD waaaay back, obviously. The only complaint I have is that I sometimes have random period cramps throughout the month but otherwise Larin has been fantastic for me.”

coolbeans February 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “I used to be on Minastrin 24 Fe; last summer I started Larin. I didn't initially have any issues with it, my only complaint was that I wouldn't always get my periods at the "right" time but I attributed that to the fact that I had just started taking the pill and my body was getting used to it again. That happened to me with Minastrin; I assumed it was the same now. It hasn't gotten any better though and has actually gotten worse. I don't really get periods on Larin which is mostly ok, but for pregnancy scares I'd just rather have a period. I still get the cramps, and I get cramps during the period week AND during week 2 of the pack. Usually they're not too terrible but this month the non-period cramps have been crippling. I've also been getting headaches more often but I'm not 100% sure that's caused by the medication. I can't even say they're worth it because they prevent pregnancy because I haven't had to test that yet. Looks like I'll be trying a different birth control soon!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 29, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was really scared to start this pill Larin Fe 1.5/30 due to all of the bad reviews but it is the best pill I have ever been on. It helps with my cramps, regulates and shortened my period. I had zero sex drive before this but now would say it is pretty average. No weight gain and only a pimple or two the week before my period. The only negative thing was my anxiety. It has been up since I started this pill. I can't say it is fully to blame but it might be.”

Jsurvives · Taken for 10 years or more August 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have used this bc for over 10 years. I am almost 33 years old. I have never had a pregnancy scare. Always had my menstrual cycle on time to almost the second. Biggest problem for me is my incredibly terrible Melasma ( face skin discoloration) I've had problems with for years now. Absolutely have a hard time getting vcd rid of it maybe its permanent? I just got out of the hospital for a heart attack with a small blood clot in my heart due to smoking and taking this medicine. I've discontinued medication because of it.”

HappyHippie · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2019

For Birth Control: “This is Larin Fe is worst birth control... I've been on my period for almost a month, when normally my cycle only last 5 days. I have light cramps everyday, the bleeding is VERY heavy and it's completely zapped my energy.. I do not recommend!”

Vee · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2018

For Birth Control: “I been on the birthcontrol Larin Fe for almost 2 months, and I have yet to experience any problems! I will stay alert as some changes may occur, and I will share with everyone.”

Anonymous August 30, 2017

For Birth Control: “Hate this pill, have taken over a year and have gained 10 pounds since. I work our daily and eat healthy so I know it isn't that. I was given this prescription to help with menstrual cramps it has helped but I don't like the way its made me feel.”

s7 August 20, 2017

For Birth Control: “I got prescribed this birth control in order to help regulate my period. i used to only get it about 2-3 times a year. I took this birth control for 2 months, where the first month it absolutely wrecked my allergies by causing them to intensify and worsened my depression as well. I had several incidences with my depression while on the placebo pills for the week of my period. Also experienced cramps the week before and of my period, as well as a super heavy period which I never had prior to being put on birth control, and where I bled through numerous tampons and clothes. I wouldn't recommend to anyone with depression or known allergies as it made both of mine worse while on it.”

A42498 December 19, 2016

For Birth Control: “This was the worst pill I've ever been on. I had been happily taking another pill for almost a year with no side effects, and it then got discontinued so I had to go on Larin for a month. I was having migraines with aura, anxiety, I bled for 17 days (when I normally don't have a period except for every 3 months), and had nipple discharge, as well as spontaneous nosebleeds. I felt terrible on this pill, I do not recommend.”

More about Larin Fe 1.5 / 30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Junel Fe 1/20, Lo Loestrin Fe, Taytulla, Blisovi Fe 1/20, ... +42 more

Professional resources