User Reviews for Larin Fe 1.5/30 to treat Birth Control

Larin Fe 1.5/30 Rating Summary

4.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Larin Fe 1.5/30

M. Fro · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 9, 2020

“My former gyno is a team gyno for a volleyball team in one of our state’s universities. After I miscarried around 10 weeks, I went to him because the post-pregnancy hormones combined with my tricyclic birth control was exacerbating my PMDD to the point of suicidal ideation for 2 weeks/month. Larin is a good option, he said, because the dose of estrogen stays consistent, unlike the tricyclic. He also advised that Larin is a fantastic BC option for athletes (I no longer play sports but I’m in the gym 4-6 days a week). Turned out he was absolute correct - I started only having periods every few months and now I’ve not had one in about 8 months. I love it. It also dialled PMDD waaaay back, obviously. The only complaint I have is that I sometimes have random period cramps throughout the month but otherwise Larin has been fantastic for me.”

coolbeans February 1, 2020

“I used to be on Minastrin 24 Fe; last summer I started Larin. I didn't initially have any issues with it, my only complaint was that I wouldn't always get my periods at the "right" time but I attributed that to the fact that I had just started taking the pill and my body was getting used to it again. That happened to me with Minastrin; I assumed it was the same now. It hasn't gotten any better though and has actually gotten worse. I don't really get periods on Larin which is mostly ok, but for pregnancy scares I'd just rather have a period. I still get the cramps, and I get cramps during the period week AND during week 2 of the pack. Usually they're not too terrible but this month the non-period cramps have been crippling. I've also been getting headaches more often but I'm not 100% sure that's caused by the medication. I can't even say they're worth it because they prevent pregnancy because I haven't had to test that yet. Looks like I'll be trying a different birth control soon!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 29, 2019

“I was really scared to start this pill Larin Fe 1.5/30 due to all of the bad reviews but it is the best pill I have ever been on. It helps with my cramps, regulates and shortened my period. I had zero sex drive before this but now would say it is pretty average. No weight gain and only a pimple or two the week before my period. The only negative thing was my anxiety. It has been up since I started this pill. I can't say it is fully to blame but it might be.”

Jsurvives · Taken for 10 years or more August 7, 2019

“I have used this bc for over 10 years. I am almost 33 years old. I have never had a pregnancy scare. Always had my menstrual cycle on time to almost the second. Biggest problem for me is my incredibly terrible Melasma ( face skin discoloration) I've had problems with for years now. Absolutely have a hard time getting vcd rid of it maybe its permanent? I just got out of the hospital for a heart attack with a small blood clot in my heart due to smoking and taking this medicine. I've discontinued medication because of it.”

HappyHippie · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2019

“This is Larin Fe is worst birth control... I've been on my period for almost a month, when normally my cycle only last 5 days. I have light cramps everyday, the bleeding is VERY heavy and it's completely zapped my energy.. I do not recommend!”

Vee · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2018

“I been on the birthcontrol Larin Fe for almost 2 months, and I have yet to experience any problems! I will stay alert as some changes may occur, and I will share with everyone.”

Anonymous August 30, 2017

“Hate this pill, have taken over a year and have gained 10 pounds since. I work our daily and eat healthy so I know it isn't that. I was given this prescription to help with menstrual cramps it has helped but I don't like the way its made me feel.”

s7 August 20, 2017

“I got prescribed this birth control in order to help regulate my period. i used to only get it about 2-3 times a year. I took this birth control for 2 months, where the first month it absolutely wrecked my allergies by causing them to intensify and worsened my depression as well. I had several incidences with my depression while on the placebo pills for the week of my period. Also experienced cramps the week before and of my period, as well as a super heavy period which I never had prior to being put on birth control, and where I bled through numerous tampons and clothes. I wouldn't recommend to anyone with depression or known allergies as it made both of mine worse while on it.”

A42498 December 19, 2016

“This was the worst pill I've ever been on. I had been happily taking another pill for almost a year with no side effects, and it then got discontinued so I had to go on Larin for a month. I was having migraines with aura, anxiety, I bled for 17 days (when I normally don't have a period except for every 3 months), and had nipple discharge, as well as spontaneous nosebleeds. I felt terrible on this pill, I do not recommend.”

More about Larin Fe 1.5 / 30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Junel Fe 1/20, Lo Loestrin Fe, Taytulla, Blisovi Fe 1/20, ... +42 more

Professional resources