User Reviews for Alyacen 1/35 to treat Birth Control

Alyacen 1/35 Rating Summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Alyacen 1/35

NADJE · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

“My pharmacy suggested I try Alyacen because it was much cheaper than my former BC and was supposed to be the equivalent. I have only been on this BC for 8 days and already gained 6 lbs, I’ve been bleeding and cramping everyday and my moodiness is through the roof!”

C · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 18, 2019

“Took this Alyacen 1/35 for 3 months. I really liked it! I hardly had any side effects. I did have breast tenderness and a little bit of acne around my period but nothing that wasn’t manageable. Sadly, my pharmacy doesn’t carry it anymore so I got switched to a generic brand called Cyclafem and I have had horrible depression and the nastiest chin acne! (Cyclafem comes in Cyclafem 1/35 strength and Cyclafem 0.5/35 strength , and also Cyclafem 7/7/7 with is a different formula - so need to check which mine was)”

mm1988 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 22, 2019

“I was on Alyacen for 4 years to control heaving bleeding after pregnancies, my doc said it was the best BC at treating this. It worked well for the bleeding & I had no nausea. I'm only 30 with no medical issues but I noticed BC tends to raise my BP My doc wanted me to try Kariva to see if my BP went back to normal. Since being on Kariva & having headaches, nausea, weight gain, acne, I really appreciate Alyacen! In terms of weight, I actually lost 15 lbs the first year I was on it. At that time I was really active with working out & weight lifting. My menstrual migraines & acne went away. My moods & sex drive didn't change & it did help hair growth on my face. Hereditary - random chin hairs, booo. I do recommend it, it worked great for me personally. On Kariva for a few months I have gained weight but not sure it's due to lifestyle or the pill. I do know that on Alyacen I had no probs losing weight. I'd love to switch back to but my new GYN wanted me to try Kariva first.”

anonymous July 19, 2019

“I always had horrible periods that were very heavy and came with seriously bad cramps. Sometimes I’d be in so much pain I'd have to skip school and work. This pill helped A LOT for my period. After only a month it’s way lighter and my cramps are still there but basically non existent after what they used to be. BUT major downside is my change in mood. I have no motivation to do anything, and always grumpy. I can never pinpoint why. I'm almost 100% sure it’s because of this pill bc the mood I’m in every month is almost exact. The first week I’m fine. The second I’m crying all the time and in such a dark place. The next my temper is so short. Biggest downside and making me consider another option.”

C · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

“I’ve been on this birth control Alyacen for months now and like many commenters have had issues with weight gain and mood. I already suffer from depression/anxiety but my depression has been so severe after starting this birth control that I hardly move most days. Also, it did not occur to me until reading through these comments that my sex drive is almost nonexistent lately.”

kansangrl19 February 4, 2019

“So I had to switch to Alyacen (ethinyestradil 0.035mg and Norethidrone 1.0mg) because insurance change and I was originally on Minastrin (EthyIestradiol 0.02mg and Norethindrone 1mg) started that at 17 and noticed a 15lb weight gain. I athlete in high school a so I can't exclusively state that it was birth control. In October 2016 I switched to Junel. I had no period on either pill. I have had a 35lb+ weight gain. I am currently on a 1300 calorie diet and work out 3 days a week with an active job with hardly any weight loss. I have also noticed I am an emotional trainwreck. I can't handle confrontation/ constructive criticism. I turn into a defensive ball of anger and tears, even over very minimal things. I have no sex drive. I have had migraines and palpitations. I have felt completely out of it at times, wanting to sit and be alone and I used to be an huge outgoing person. I even got engaged and my fiance has noticed a change in my sensitivity to things and of course my sex drive. It din't get bad until almost 2 years on this”

PCOS November 27, 2018

“Everybody’s body is different so what might be my side effects might not be yours. I started this pill 08/2018, by 10/2018 I gained 20lbs. The depression & lack of motivation the pill caused helped the weight gain. I stopped going to the gym & eating right. Because of my PCOS I have to be on birth control EVERY DAY. My out of balance hormones with these extra hormones really threw me out of wack. I scored high on the depression screen during my physical, met with a nutritionist & started therapy, nothing changed. I switched to Otrho-Tri-cyclen, I KID YOU NOT, 3 days after I was feel my normal self. I got my motivation back, depression has lessened, back at the gym, & working on my eating. Please don’t take this med if you are experiencing any negative symptoms. It is YOUR BODY! Only YOU know when something isn’t right. You have every right as a woman to request a new med. Be sure to ask your Dr. to write on your script “no substitute.””

anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 1, 2018

“I've taken this pill for 3 years now, and the benefits keep getting better and better! Before birth control I used to bleed through super tampons and maxi pads (both at the same time) for at least 4 days. After 3 years of Alyacen (or cyclafem depending on what the pharmacy gives me) my periods only last ONE day and are so light that I could get away with only using a liner. When I originally started the pill it did make me break out a lot, so I'll give it 9 stars instead of 10, but once my body adjusted to the medicine my skin was fine! I have absolutely no side effects while using this medicine, and I will continue to use it for as long as I need it”

Logan’s mommy · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2018

“Ok I took the Alyacen 1/35 pill or the first time yesterday at five and I woke up this morning sick, nauseous and could not wake up until around three or four. I kept falling asleep, it makes my stomach hurt. I took it again today like maybe an hour ago and I feel like I have period cramps! I’m in a total bad mood and horrible to be around all day today and just don’t feel good! This is only day 2 I hope something changes!”

Lauren1996415 February 8, 2018

“This is without a doubt the best birth control I have ever used... and I have been on a lot of different kinds. My periods are the lightest they have ever been. I used to have to wear the heaviest pad with the heaviest tampon and still bleed through. With Alyacen I can wear a tampon and I am perfectly fine. It also makes my periods last about 3-4 days. Also, my moods are sooo much better than when I was on any other bc. The only issue is that I PMS so terribly the week before my period. I noticed when I started taking this, the week before I started I was having over 50 heat flashes a day. It's actually awful... but I would take that over constant mood swings and depression, on top of an extremely heavy period every month. Of course not everything is for everyone, but I seriously love this. Sidenote: I personally have not dealt with dizziness or nausea that everyone else seems to have had... But I know things work differently with everyone.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 16, 2017

“The first couple weeks were a struggle for me. I was very nauseous and gained a couple pounds but after the couple weeks it started to regulate and went back to normal. It made my periods super light and short which was great considering I had very heavy and painful periods before. It also cleared my acne and I never had any pregnancy scare. I had to switch because it decreased my libido a significant amount and caused a lot of issues with sex. I would say its a decent birth control.”

First ever user November 29, 2017

“After about a week of taking this, I woke up n the middle of the night to the most nauseous I've ever been and broke out in a rash on both of my arms. The following morning I was super dizzy and felt like passing out. Went to the nurse right after and switched to Vienna which is much better so far, except for a little breakthrough bleeding, but I'd rather have that than what I've experienced before.”

wicked popular the ER September 21, 2017

“My doctor prescribed this drug to me as a preventative measure against ovarian cysts. The first few months were good, normal periods and no notable side effects. Last month, the day after starting my 4th month pack, I woke up dizzy and nauseous. After a sudden attack of violent vomiting I was sent to the ER where doctors believed I had a seizure. After starting my 5th month pack this week, the same thing happened to me. This drug works but the first few days after Placebo week are starting to scare me.”

The Unlucky Girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2017

“Okay well I finished my last pack of the pills that I have been on for the past 6 months. My last period wasn't as heavy as it usually was which was great. Also, my 4th day (one of my heavy days) had the flow reduced greatly which made me very happy. That gave me hope that maybe the rest of my periods would also become managable. Now I'm on my period again, and I honestly just feel like I want to jump off a bridge. Its back to how heavy it was prior to the pills, and the cramps are back full force. I really don't know what to do at this point...”

Ashley jane March 17, 2017

“I take this pill every day. The pill has caused me to be an absolute wreck, for weeks if cried myself to sleep for literally no reason at all, I'm depressed and always irritated. I just have no motivation to do anything anymore after taking this. I would scream and be angry at my boyfriend for no reason at all, I'm surprised he hasn't left me. I start crying at the drop of a pin. I would not wish the emotions this has caused me on anyone. My stomach gets bloated, my nipples hurt like all the time, and my breasts are tender. This is the worst pill you could take ever. DONT DO IT.”

rx gal · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 23, 2014

“This medication so far has worked well. I am defiantly less moody on this pill, my periods have for most part fully stopped. I do get more migraines and slight abdominal cramping during placebo week, no change in sex drive, weight and no melasma, so I'd say this definitely a better pill on the market for me!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2012

“Same as Ne-Con. Took a couple weeks to adjust, but same results! Great stuff”

More about Alyacen 1 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Junel Fe 1/20, Lo Loestrin Fe, Taytulla, Blisovi Fe 1/20, ... +43 more

Professional resources