User Reviews for Seasonale

Learn more about Seasonale.

Endometriosis 2 reviews 106 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 109 medications

6.2
Birth Control 24 reviews 300 medications

5.9
Ovarian Cysts 1 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Seasonale reviews 31 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Seasonale

For Birth Control "I was on this pill since the end of April, and everything has gone downhill since then. I bled for 21 days straight, then the bleeding stopped for about two weeks. After that, I bled everyday for the remaining two months, up until the sugar pills. Once I started a new pack, everything went great for the first two weeks. However, I started bleeding AGAIN midway into the third week. It was at that point, that the remaining patience I've had for this pill was lost. Yeah, this birth control truly does prevent pregnancy, because it prevents you from having sex in the first place, due to the never-ending shark week. :( I'm switching to a stronger pill, because this is my FOURTH month on birth control, so I should not be bleeding this much."

Orenjii August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Seasonale for about 9 months and it has worked great so far! I switched from Sprintec because I noticed that I was moody, had low libido, and felt very nauseous often. It can be kind of scary not having a period for three months on Seasonale, however, because of not knowing if you are pregnant or not, but I have not had any scares (I took my pill religiously besides a couple times). I noticed that cramps are a little worse when I do have my period, probably because I don't have my menstrual cycle as much. Overall, I don't get moody or nauseous nearly as much as I did on Sprintec, and it's so nice only dealing with a period 4 months a year instead of 12!"

Jaqueline Carr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Seasonale for almost a year and I am switching to Sprintec. I am switching because the breakthrough bleeding and cramping became ridiculous. I would have my withdrawal bleed, have about 1-2 months of peace, then the spotting began and would not stop. I'd double up for 3-4 days or however long it took to stop it then go back on 1 pill when the spotting stopped. 2 weeks later the spotting would return, rinse and repeat. The cramps during the breakthrough bleeding were worse than the cramps during the withdrawal bleed! I've had enough of this pill and am switching to Sprintec and hoping for the best."

AgentJey09 June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been on Seasonale for 5 weeks. Results are varied, have had slightly​ nauseous the first two weeks. Now gave been spotting the last two weeks"

Kaate27 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Seasonale for over a year now, and it is the only birth control that has actually worked for me, after going through 6 other brands. I went from having very heavy periods and cramping for 7 days, to having a very light (hardly there) period every 3 months. It also managed to clear up the cystic acne that came along with it. My only issue with it was that for the first month or two on the pill, I did have some spotting and bleeding, but it quickly went away, and haven't had any bleeding since then. Other than that I haven't experienced any other symptoms, and I highly recommend Seasonale!"

Briannaleslie (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking Seasonale for almost 3 years now. I'm 21 & pretty healthy. When I started, I had breakthrough bleeding for about 3 weeks and a little nausea. Before Seasonale, I had 8 day heavy periods and would get pretty bad cramping. With this pill, I have a very light period once every 3 months, no cramping at all and no other symptoms. I have had no weight gain, rarely any breast tenderness and it prevents pregnancy, so I can't complain too much. My ONLY problem with this pill is that it gives me acne in waves. I'll go a month with very little acne, then for a few months have lots of breakouts, some of them painful. I never had any acne prior to taking the pill, but now I do.. Otherwise, I highly recommend this pill"

UT12903 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking seasonale for two months now. I noticed I have been extremely tired and have a low sex drive. I gained weight while on it which is not like me because I am very careful with my body. I feel very blah and low now that I am on it. I had breakthrough bleeding right away and have spotting every time I shower or go to the bathroom. I do not like how this pill has made me feel. I am going off of it today."

Healeeluh (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking Seasonale 3 months ago as my previous birth control medication was no longer effective. I take it to regulate my periods as they never regulated on their own. Everything was going well (no pain or abnormal bleeding) until this past week when I got my period while taking the week of inactive pills. I have recently suffered 48 hours of intense breast pain and swelling (way worse than "tenderness") where the pain hits in waves and makes it nearly impossible to do anything. I am exhausted from being in this much pain. I have also experienced my left breast "leaking" for most of the day which is really uncomfortable. My body now thinks it is pregnant which is something I should not have to deal with. Not taking this again."

Yujie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started the Seasonal Pill because the heavy bleeding caused me to become very anemic to the place I had to get iron infusions. It does make me crave everything, my sex drive is going down a little and I have been bleeding for a while. It went from using a pantie liner to using pads and I'm not even thru my thrid pack of pills. Not sure If I can handle the bleeding like this. And lets's not mention the cramps. I have never in my life had cramps like this like someone is on the inside of me scraping out my inside. I don't think I can hang."

Nochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Seasonale for 3 months. I bled constantly from March 9th-April 4th. I doubled up on pills for 22 days and 2 weeks ago I stopped doubling. I began bleeding and having moderate cramps again three days ago. I do not recommend this pill. Bleeding for 28 days straight is not normal."

AgentJ0 May 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on seasonale just over a month now and I can say it really has had little to no side effects for me which has been really great!! I had break through Bleeding the day after I had missed a pill which was my own fault but it stopped as soon as I took one that day. If I noticed any crazy side effects surface I would definitely stop it asap but as of right now it seems to be working very well for me. :)"

Dest93 April 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on seasonale for 2 yrs now and have now just realized that it's the reason I can't lose weight and I feel depressed and absolutely 0 sex drive. I didn't know until now only cause I have researched it today and I am planning to get off it asap."

Brewster23 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 26 and otherwise perfectly healthy. I quit Seasonale after two months when I discovered my blood pressure had become very high (164/112). I had also been experiencing neck pain, a pressured feeling that seemed to be in my veins, which would alternate from one side of my neck to the other, since the second or third week of taking this pill. I was sent for many tests and found that one of my kidneys was mildly swollen (hydronephrosis). It took six weeks for my blood pressure to normalize, it would go down and then back up again. I was very concerned, anxious and depressed. I took hypertension medication for about two weeks as well, and was eventually able to lower my dosage and then stop it altogether."

Emma Godin January 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this for two years and kept waiting for a 3 month cycle to go well, but it never did. I didn't have many painful side effects, but the whole last 5 weeks of each pack, I bled JUST enough to need a minipad every day. Also gained 25 lbs in two years. Stopping after this pack is finished."

Ohio45 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 18 years old and I started this seasonal birth control a 3 months ago. I have had on and off bleeding and major cramps. One day at school, I was starting to see double and I was feeling extremely dizzy. 15 minutes later, my mother picked me up and I started to have numbness in my arms and started to loose my speech. I went to the hospital and got brain scans and the tested my whole body. But everything ended up normal. The doctor said it was rare for someone at my age to get a TIA but it was possible but in my case it was minor. I have had tremendous weight gain and more acne. I tried to stick with it at first because I said it has to be at least 3 months. I have immediately stopped taking it and my symptoms are all gone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was introduced to seasonale when i saw my friend have a purple case with pink pills in it. I asked her about her birthcontrol compared to the tri-lo brand pills i was taking. The difference was that with hers you could go three months and not get your period. I thought that was awesome, so i switched from my free pills to the $74 seasonale pills. Ive been on them for a while i think almost a year n a half by now..but recentally ive noticed that my breasts are leaking milk or a white substance, this happens for about a week after my period..every three months but this last week i felt it got worse, i actually had to start pumping my breasts as my body thought i was pregnant. I really felt uncomfortable and so now im changing my pills."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I have tried alot of birth control already and I am only eighteen. I have been hospitized for extreme ovarian cysts. I first tried Ortho Cept and from missing one pill I bleed for two months straight. After that they put me on a low dose 3 month pack that gave me horrible break outs and break through bleeding. After those pills I tried evro patch and I was rushed to the hospital for extreme bleeding and my arm became paralyzed for a day. After this I was put onto Seasonale and it took two packs to start working. I then had to add depo shot with it. For people with extreme cases this will not be enough for you. For normal people this will make you gain a little weight but no breakouts and no break through bleeding or weird side effects."

Shanny1997 August 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this medicine for about a month and had little to no side effects. Just an occasional headache or stomach ache but nothing advil can't help. I have no breakthrough bleeding (knock on wood). What little acne I had before has cleared up and I have also noticed a change in the size of my boobs but no weight gain or weight loss. I can easily say I'm satisfied so far with this pill."

pdo1738 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Seasonale is awesome especially if you have very heavy periods and very bad cramps during menstrual cycle. The only side effects I have had are a few headaches here and there and spotting once in awhile. (Hardly ever)"

Brookelyn123456789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on seasonale for two years it it's the first birth control I've ever takenand I love the results! My periods are shorter and less crampy, I'm also no longer a hag during pms because pms doesn't exist for me anymore :) I do occasionally get breakthrough bleeding but that's definitely my own fault for taking a pill a few hours late. My main complaint is that I cry way more now - watching cheesy commercials and when I'm mad - and that I've gained weight, every time I restart my new pack I'm starving all week and want to eat everything in sight. My boobs obviously got bigger too but I'm not complaining there. Still a thumbs up from me !"

Bexster (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The pills didn't cause any side effects or me, other than a constant spotting which is unimaginably irritating, and made me feel too embarrassed to get intimate making my annoyance for nothing. I'm hoping that the spotting stops soon. Although my the pills were convenient, with the purple package and made my period considerably lighter!"

Maddiehayeee June 27, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I have tried, and so far I love it. I'm heading into my third week being on this pill and so far I have experienced very minimal side effects, something I did not expect after reading such horror stories about this pill and others similar to it. I have had no spotting yet (fingers crossed this continues). The most noticeable side effect thus far has been breast tenderness. Its not unbearable-and usually an Advil helps-but they're definitely more sore than usually. This tends to vary by day as well. I haven't noticed any severe change in my mood, maybe a little more sensitive than normal, and definitely no change in my sex drive. I am loving this pill so far! Hopefully these side effects continue to be minimal."

User1456 December 2, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is not a medicine for someone like me with moderate acne. I am on my second pack and already I am braking out like crazy. And not small pimples at all. No other side effects, just that. But for me that's enough. Guess my old pill really did keep my skin clear so even though I like the no period thing, I will have to change back."

yjs2545 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "To help some girls out - This was an excellent option - for my body. I am a girl who usually had a period from 56-66 days so around every 3 months anyways. I was nervous to go to the doctor to get birth control every month because I already hated having it so far apart. My doctor recommended Seasonale, and it has been great! I get occasional migraines, but it's nothing that I have had to complain to my doctor about. I've only had a little bit of spotting before my period is supposed to happen but it's nothing that I can't handle. I definitely recommend Seasonale for girls who don't like their periods every month and for girls who are consistent with the medication. Don't take this if your going to skip days, it defeats the purpose."

Anonymous April 24, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I experience mood swings, break outs, and cramps during the first two weeks. After that I have not had any issues. I did not spot for the first two months. On the third month I took the pill 4 hours late and I spotted lightly for two days. My skin is flawless. I had no weight gain. I have no crazy mood swings. Its the perfect pill. Oh and my breast increased about a cup size. The breast tenderness I experienced was a minimum soreness for a month. I recommend Seasonale!"

Seasonale User April 23, 2012