User Reviews for Jolessa

Learn more about Jolessa.

Endometriosis 3 reviews 106 medications

4.2
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 40 medications

Summary of Jolessa reviews 92 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Jolessa

For Endometriosis "I've been on this 8 months and I'm still adjusting. I started last November, and in December I spotted the entire month. My doctor told me to take half the placebos to flush out my system. I missed Christmas eve and Christmas it was so heavy and painful. The worst 2 days I've ever had on my period. Round two wasn't so bad, with the exception of one day. I'm halfway through my 3rd package. I've been breaking out like crazy and getting random cramps and bladder infections as I normally would before my period, but I still have another 45 days until placebo week. I might check with my doctor again soon because my body doesn't seem to want to cooperate with this drug. I'm only on this to treat endometriosis. I'm not sexually active."

Lady Liz June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This medicine is horrible! I only took it three months and decided to stop. I got pregnant immediately. Not even six weeks into it I was dying of blood clots. My lung damage. I was in so much pain from the clots that I was on morphine and the back pain was super severe! If I could go back, I would've never in my life have taken this medicine and it needs to be removed from the market!"

HertoMissa May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "First cycle on these and I've been having breakthrough bleeding for 2 months now. In one week I will go on spacers, not sure if i want to continue, its so frustrating. I did have headaches when I just started cycle, but those went away after 3 days. Breast tenderness lasted the entire time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I'm this person that hates birth control as in hate them to the core but since we have one child and wanted to wait to have another and the Latex on the condom was getting me sick all the time I decided to look into bc my doc suggested jolesa because I have painful cramps. The pill was great no spotting no periods at all I mean I nothin and it never killed my sex drive like the depo, I had some bad side effects nuasea, lil headache but the worst of all was the weight gain 20lbs in 3 months I mean I workout 5 times a week eat healthy like I'm told but the scale keeps going up I can't do this anymore I'm going to try another one been told jazamin helps with weight loss so I may give that I shot but I can't stand the way I look."

Just only one March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 19 years old an have been on Jolessa for a little over seven months now. I have had no problems with this contraceptive, except for the obvious when being on an antibiotic I had spotting. I have always had headaches and migraines growing up which is also a side effect to this contraceptive, they go away easily if I just drink plenty of water when I take the pill. I get most of the side effects which are exactly like my usual period symptoms and they only happen the week before or week during my period. Which is exactly how it was before I was on Jolessa. I was put on this because of over heating, severe cramps, heavy bleeding and shaking from my periods. I have none of these side effects except heavy bleeding, other than that all good"

trisha1997 March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "6 Years I've been on this pill. It's a great pill if you hate having a period every month. But being 22 is a lot different than being 16, and my body just isn't liking the pill anymore. Main Con's - Heavy bleeding, ZERO sex drive. Con's of taking the pill in the 1st to 3 years - Painful sex due to vaginal dryness, slight nausea if took in the morning Con's at the end & why I'm stopping (4-6 years) - Hair loss (just more hairs come out when I would brush it) More pee breaks, breakthrough bleeding, cramps & spotting when climaxing, & spotting during vigorous workouts. Pro's - Never got pregnant, stable mood, no breakouts, hair thinner on arms&legs I never had spotting in between packs( until Now) or gained any weight, & I'm pretty sedentary."

Roxsha (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for over 7 months now and I don't have much good to say. While it has been 100% effective for me as a contraceptive, the side effects have not been easy to handle. During the first 3 month pack, I gained 7 pounds, had breast tenderness, nausea, headaches everyday, acne, spotting and a never resting appetite. That was 3 months straight. Now at 7 months, I have lost all the weight I gained, I only have occasional headaches, no nausea, and no spotting. But the acne is still here and absolutely horrible! I've never had acne before I started using this birth control and now it's all over my face and not going away with anything! I'll hopefully be switching at my next yearly exam."

Ak17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm going on month 3 on Jolessa and the bleeding hasn't stopped since the month prior. As a BC, its great cause I'm not pregnant but the bleeding sucks. I haven't gained any weight which is great but I've become super irritable. I had this same reaction to the depo shot. I'm waiting on a doctors apt to change my BC."

LaraDoc January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This medication caused massive and sub-massive pulmonary embolisms; as well as a major saddle embolus. Thus causing my right ventricle to become enlarged, resting pulse to become over 150 and lowered my oxygen levels. If I had not had a CT scan because I repetitively complained about how it was getting harder and harder to breathe- I would be dead! My cardiologist doesn't know how I am still alive. I am a healthy female in my 20's who took low does estrogen B.C. pills for years until I switched to this drug. Months later and I am on blood thinners and unable to continue my schooling or physically demanding job. It seemed to be working fine. Over time I started developing what I thought was back strain, or from overworking my abs. Turns out the pain was actually caused by the lack of oxygen to my lung tissue which is now dead (infarction). I was in physical therapy for weeks until the shortness of breathe kicked in. I'm a runner. There was no way I got out of shape that fast. I pushed. They considered asthma. After my heart "was nearly beating out of your chest and I could hear it without my stethoscope" said my NP- I got a CT which revealed the clots and was immediately admitted for EKOS surgery (direct catheter thrombolysis). I had to lay on my back for over 24 hours. They had to put wires into my lungs and legs. Blood work following the procedure shows that my ONLY risk factor was this birth control- it nearly killed me in my early 20's."

sdt94 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I started Jolessa, I had been on the Depo Provera shot for almost two years. While on Depo, I gained 30 lbs and I experienced every side effect. When I switched to Jolessa, I didn't experience spotting and my weight plateaued. I am very pleased with Jolessa and I love that my periods are only every three months, also that they are only heavy for three days. I know I keep water weight given that I am on birth control, but that's the only negative thing I have to say about Jolessa!"

Blondie2859 November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for a month and gained 12lbs! I went from 135lbs to 147lbs and I look like I am 6 months pregnant! I am constantly hungry and I continue my workout regiment but I have decided this is simply not worth looking and feeling like the good year blimp!"

Jaina J (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Jolessa for 8 months. My first 2 months went great after that everything went downhill. Acne on my face, itching in certain areas and I've been having abnormal cycles. My cycle would come on TWICE a month and lasted about 10 days. Cramps were horrible and it was heavy flow for EVERYDAY. It was some days I would just spot out of nowhere. This is one type of birth control pills I don't recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 5 months and have put on 8 pounds which is very uncommon for me. I also have zero sex drive. I am getting off this pill immediately. I'm going back to a regular monthly period pill."

A20D (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Do not take this birth control pills!! very first two weeks of pills, It started to itching on my lower legs and I immediately stop taking them because the itchiness become severe and left me with scarred on my lower legs so bad that I couldn't even wear short during the summer time now. After 2 months of stopped taking these pills, Im still getting itchiness and now I need to go see a dermatologist for my skin condition problem. I have never break out on my legs before. I called manufacture company of Jolessa for the side effects and they just took my statements and Nothing has been resolved. I'm very unhappy with this product!!!"

browneye0516 (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started taking this pill 3 months ago. Worked fine the first month. No spotting or anything, now I'm on month 3 and I have been on a heavy flow peorid for 3 weeks. Acne is acting out. And massive weight gain. Used to weigh 120 and now I weigh 134. Do not recommend this drug"

Brookeghh July 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience has been almost entirely negative. Pros: Fuller breasts, effective at preventing pregnancy Cons: Spotting and heavy bleeding, cramps, irritability, fatigue, cannot stop eating McDonald's... weight gain concentrated in the "mom-gut" region I began spotting during the first week. This lasted several weeks, some days barely there, other days heavy. It stopped for barely a week, and then started again. During the second month, I basically started a period, going from light spotting to a light period. During week 6 I started a full-blown heavy period. Week 7 - intense cramping started. I started week 9 this week... but I have just had it. There is no end in sight, it seems. Into the trash it goes."

NewFattyInKansas June 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "*Last update*...I gave these pills six months and that's all I could take. The last straw was when I started my period randomly while in Key West on vacation. I switched back to my Ortho Lo, but not before I went from 132 to now 153 in a matter of months. I'm frustrated, bloated and desperate. I hired a personal trainer, have been running, drinking a ton of water, eating only around 1200-1400 calories a day, and I'm not even exaggerating, I GAIN a pound and a half a week. Stay away. Remember when Caty gave Regina the swedish weight gain bars and said they were for losing weight, and then Regina ended up wearing sweatsuits everyday, but Caty said to "give them a chance?" IT'S THE SAME THING. These are mean pills."

Phishface09 June 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I gained 30 pounds within 6 months of starting Jolessa. I gave been working out and eating even healthier, yet, my weight just keeps ^^^^^^^^^!!! As well as constant cramping and spotting. :("

NoJolessa! May 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Do not take Jolessa. I have always been 126 lbs, 6 months after taking jolessa my weight is 132 lbs. My period got worse after the 3 months of taking jolessa. it last 12 days and very heavy period. I do not recommend this birth control pills."

Anonymous April 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have always been 110-112 lbs, and then after starting Jolessa, almost immediate weight gain of 7-8 lbs even though I am still just as active and eat very healthy. My sex drive is non-existent now since these awful pills. The only reason I went on them in the first place is to get my period every 3 months. Well it took me at least 7 months for that to happen bc the first few months I still got my period every single month and the spotting lasted for weeks at a time. I also have no patience anymore and can easily snap when this would have been totally out of character for me. I am switching back to my previous birth control this month finally."

Do Not Take (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "*Update*--I just started my 6th month of Jolessa. As mentioned in my previous post, I switched because of hormonal migraines. I had a consistent period with variations of heaviness for the first 3 months. It finally went away, skin is clear, I no longer get hormonal migraines. I have no other complaints EXCEPT, the weight gain. I've never had problems with weight gain from BC's except for this one...this is ridiculous. I went from 132 to 146 in a cpl months. No matter how much water I drink, work out, use supplements, watch carbs and calories, the weight just keeps trickling on! If the weight doesn't start shedding soon, I'm done! Also, the sugar pill week symptoms? You guessed it...migraines! All week! Ugh."

Phishface09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Do not take this drug. It can cause breast cancer. 43 years old and diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. This drug jolessa is lethal. Any drug that prevents you from having a normal cycle is dangerous to your body. It is not safe to go 90 days without a menstruel cycle. When this happens your body can over express the hormone estrogen in your body and can give you cancer. I fear that this message will not make it to review because theese drug companies don't want you to know about this. Shame on them if they don't post this. Do your research and homework and be safe. I was a Jolessa user and now I am a stage 4 breast cancer patient!!!!!!!!!!'"

Dontakethisdrug February 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Started taking Jolessa after using the Nuva Ring and spotting almost non-stop. Jolessa does just fine at preventing pregnancy and I have not had any other horrible side effects that others have had EXCEPT I literally gained 10-12lbs the first month I took it. I have been on it for 7 months and no matter how much I exercise and watch what I eat I can not shed any of this extra weight. I have always been able to maintain or lose weight but not while taking this particular BC. I am switching to TriNessa next week and hopefully will be able to lose what I have gained while on Jolessa."

LindsayR January 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I began taking this because I had very heavy periods and I was tired of having a period every month. After the first pack I was a little concerned because I had breakthrough the entire 3rd month. This happened every pack. I decided to stick with it. Nov. 30, 2015 I had a severe abdominal attack. I went to 2 ER's that did nothing for me. They told me I had gas and to go home and take miralax. It did not work. I followed up with a gastrointerologist on Monday. He immediately admitted me to the hospital. Long story short....I had major liver surgery on Dec. 4, 2015 to remove a hepatic adenoma that had ruptured. These were completely hormonal caused by the birth control. PLEASE STOP TAKING THIS. MY LIFE WAS BARELY SAVED."

BrantBrant (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was switched to Jolessa by my OBGYN after 7 years of hormonal migraines the day before/of starting my period while on Spintec. So far, I've had a light to moderate period the first two months and have gained around 6-7 pounds. My skin is fine, can't comment on the headaches because I've had a consistent tension headache the entire time. I'm lazy as as and just want to sit around and eat icecream. Something extremely annoying above all I think is the constipation. I'm so bloated and uncomfortable. I have a fiber rich diet so I'm assuming this is the problem. Not happy so far but I'm gonna stick with it. Will re-review later after I'm done cleaning out the freezer section at the grocery store."

PhishFace09 December 24, 2015