User Reviews for Jolessa

Learn more about Jolessa.

Endometriosis 2 reviews 160 medications

Birth Control 69 reviews 281 medications

6.2
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 6 reviews 162 medications

4.2
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Jolessa reviews 78 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Jolessa

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started taking this pill 3 months ago. Worked fine the first month. No spotting or anything, now I'm on month 3 and I have been on a heavy flow peorid for 3 weeks. Acne is acting out. And massive weight gain. Used to weigh 120 and now I weigh 134. Do not recommend this drug"

Brookeghh July 10, 2016

For Birth Control "My experience has been almost entirely negative. Pros: Fuller breasts, effective at preventing pregnancy Cons: Spotting and heavy bleeding, cramps, irritability, fatigue, cannot stop eating McDonald's... weight gain concentrated in the "mom-gut" region I began spotting during the first week. This lasted several weeks, some days barely there, other days heavy. It stopped for barely a week, and then started again. During the second month, I basically started a period, going from light spotting to a light period. During week 6 I started a full-blown heavy period. Week 7 - intense cramping started. I started week 9 this week... but I have just had it. There is no end in sight, it seems. Into the trash it goes."

NewFattyInKansas June 30, 2016

For Birth Control "*Last update*...I gave these pills six months and that's all I could take. The last straw was when I started my period randomly while in Key West on vacation. I switched back to my Ortho Lo, but not before I went from 132 to now 153 in a matter of months. I'm frustrated, bloated and desperate. I hired a personal trainer, have been running, drinking a ton of water, eating only around 1200-1400 calories a day, and I'm not even exaggerating, I GAIN a pound and a half a week. Stay away. Remember when Caty gave Regina the swedish weight gain bars and said they were for losing weight, and then Regina ended up wearing sweatsuits everyday, but Caty said to "give them a chance?" IT'S THE SAME THING. These are mean pills."

Phishface09 June 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I gained 30 pounds within 6 months of starting Jolessa. I gave been working out and eating even healthier, yet, my weight just keeps ^^^^^^^^^!!! As well as constant cramping and spotting. :("

NoJolessa! May 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Do not take Jolessa. I have always been 126 lbs, 6 months after taking jolessa my weight is 132 lbs. My period got worse after the 3 months of taking jolessa. it last 12 days and very heavy period. I do not recommend this birth control pills."

Anonymous April 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I have always been 110-112 lbs, and then after starting Jolessa, almost immediate weight gain of 7-8 lbs even though I am still just as active and eat very healthy. My sex drive is non-existent now since these awful pills. The only reason I went on them in the first place is to get my period every 3 months. Well it took me at least 7 months for that to happen bc the first few months I still got my period every single month and the spotting lasted for weeks at a time. I also have no patience anymore and can easily snap when this would have been totally out of character for me. I am switching back to my previous birth control this month finally."

Do Not Take (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

For Birth Control "*Update*--I just started my 6th month of Jolessa. As mentioned in my previous post, I switched because of hormonal migraines. I had a consistent period with variations of heaviness for the first 3 months. It finally went away, skin is clear, I no longer get hormonal migraines. I have no other complaints EXCEPT, the weight gain. I've never had problems with weight gain from BC's except for this one...this is ridiculous. I went from 132 to 146 in a cpl months. No matter how much water I drink, work out, use supplements, watch carbs and calories, the weight just keeps trickling on! If the weight doesn't start shedding soon, I'm done! Also, the sugar pill week symptoms? You guessed it...migraines! All week! Ugh."

Phishface09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2016

"Do not take this drug. It can cause breast cancer. 43 years old and diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. This drug jolessa is lethal. Any drug that prevents you from having a normal cycle is dangerous to your body. It is not safe to go 90 days without a menstruel cycle. When this happens your body can over express the hormone estrogen in your body and can give you cancer. I fear that this message will not make it to review because theese drug companies don't want you to know about this. Shame on them if they don't post this. Do your research and homework and be safe. I was a Jolessa user and now I am a stage 4 breast cancer patient!!!!!!!!!!'"

Dontakethisdrug February 26, 2016

For Birth Control "Started taking Jolessa after using the Nuva Ring and spotting almost non-stop. Jolessa does just fine at preventing pregnancy and I have not had any other horrible side effects that others have had EXCEPT I literally gained 10-12lbs the first month I took it. I have been on it for 7 months and no matter how much I exercise and watch what I eat I can not shed any of this extra weight. I have always been able to maintain or lose weight but not while taking this particular BC. I am switching to TriNessa next week and hopefully will be able to lose what I have gained while on Jolessa."

LindsayR January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I began taking this because I had very heavy periods and I was tired of having a period every month. After the first pack I was a little concerned because I had breakthrough the entire 3rd month. This happened every pack. I decided to stick with it. Nov. 30, 2015 I had a severe abdominal attack. I went to 2 ER's that did nothing for me. They told me I had gas and to go home and take miralax. It did not work. I followed up with a gastrointerologist on Monday. He immediately admitted me to the hospital. Long story short....I had major liver surgery on Dec. 4, 2015 to remove a hepatic adenoma that had ruptured. These were completely hormonal caused by the birth control. PLEASE STOP TAKING THIS. MY LIFE WAS BARELY SAVED."

BrantBrant (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I was switched to Jolessa by my OBGYN after 7 years of hormonal migraines the day before/of starting my period while on Spintec. So far, I've had a light to moderate period the first two months and have gained around 6-7 pounds. My skin is fine, can't comment on the headaches because I've had a consistent tension headache the entire time. I'm lazy as as and just want to sit around and eat icecream. Something extremely annoying above all I think is the constipation. I'm so bloated and uncomfortable. I have a fiber rich diet so I'm assuming this is the problem. Not happy so far but I'm gonna stick with it. Will re-review later after I'm done cleaning out the freezer section at the grocery store."

PhishFace09 December 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for little over a year and then started getting Large blood clots. I ended up losing a lot of blood and ended up in hospital and had 2 blood transfusions. Be careful or you may be in the same position I'm in right now. Thank goodness one of my dr's prescibed me a different pill."

breezekdjfakasfjdokas; (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking this after I got a depo shot, which made me gain like 15lbs and made it hurt to have sex. When I started taking jolessa, I gained weight very quickly, going from 160lbs (I was 145lbs before depo shot) to 200lbs in like 6 months. No matter how healthy I eat, or how much I exercise, the weight won't drop. Even doing p90x I can't get anywhere weight wise. This pill also totally killed my sex drive. I get moody, especially if I forget to take it a day or two, and start taking it again. I'm always tired. I never had any issues with pimples ever in my life, but when I take the white pills for the period or forget to take a few pills, I break out SO bad. I hate this pill."

Nab07070 December 10, 2015

For Birth Control "This medication demolished my libido. Two weeks after stopping it, my libido is back to normal now."

courtr09 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2015

For Birth Control "Finished my second pack and had a much better experience. I left a rather bad review after the first, because of the almost constant bleeding. However, after finishing the second pack, I have a much better review. Only spotted lightly once and had a short, although heavy for two days, period on the white pills. JUST GET THROUGH THE FIRST PACK! It gets better I promise."

hyperness313 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Since being put on jolessa by my gyno about a year ago I have experienced mood swings, increased appetite, excessive weight gain, and most of all, extreme fatigue. No matter how much sleep or rest I get I am ALWAYS tired. I actually only feel well rested and energized when I'm on my period (which makes no sense!) Needless to say I won't be using this birth control much longer. The only good thing that has came out of my experience with jolessa is lighter periods. My horrible cramping is still the same though. Heavy periods and horrible cramping is the reason my gyno put me on this birth control! VERY disappointed."

TJ96 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I started Jolessa for my heavy periods and have been on it for about a month now. I haven't experienced any spotting but I have gained 7 lbs (but feel like I appear much larger). I'm depressed, moody, and I have broken out like no other. I am using acne solution products yet there are pimples all over my face, back, and arms ( I had very clear skin to begin with). I honestly would rather have my heavy periods that came every 20 days back than feel the way I do on Jolessa."

LizzySienna222 August 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Just finishing up my first pack. NEVER have I had this heavy of a period. Changing super plus tampons every 3-4 hours. Plus I've had almost a constant period for the entire first and last months. That, on top of the (what seems irreversible) weight gain and mood swings, has made this experience HORRIBLE. I'm not giving up hope that it may get better, but so far it's been absolutely awful. Will write another(hopefully better) review when finished with the second pack. So far though, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND."

Hyperness313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2015

For Birth Control "Before leaving for a semester abroad, I requested that my doctor give me a birth control where I wouldn't have periods every month. That turned out to be a big mistake. Once I started taking jolessa, I became much more moody and overall depressed. I started getting zits on my chest and back - something that hasn't happened to me since freshman year of high school! My acne on my face has gotten worse. I gained 10 pounds. I have always been the kind of person that could get away with eating whatever I want (fast food 5 times a week!) and not exercise and never weigh more than 134 pounds, but not anymore. No change after altering dietary & exercising habits. After 5 months taking jolessa, I'm most definitely switching after I finish this pack."

Avery K June 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this for birth control for over a year. I'd heard that I could have some spotting, especially in the first cycle, but I still get spotting starting about 3 weeks before my white pills (and it last up until then). This was very annoying for me so I will be switching away from the extended cycle."

Sarah959 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I went on this pill so that I didn't have to have my period every month, but within the first 2 weeks I gained 10 pounds. I've been on it for 4 months now and for 2 months straight I was spotting every single day. I tried absolutely everything to lose the weight including dramatic changes and nothing has worked. I am now having a full period so I am going off the pill because it doesn't seem to be effective. My face did get better while on it, but nothing is worth the emotional unstableness and weight gain I am experiencing."

Elizabeth2000 April 30, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Going on 2 months now. I had 16 days of extremely heavy bleeding with heavy clotting. I have PCOS and would have some crazy abnormal period but never with severe cramping and clotting. I went through a regular tampon in 1 hour and about 45 overnight pads in that 16 days. My left breast is considerably more tender at all times and I have random spotting and cramps almost every day. I'll be calling my doc to tell her I'm going off of this pill. I won't make it to the third month. I'd rather use condoms (and I hate condoms)."

Stepb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Jolessa for 4 years and am quite pleased with it. I chose to go on birth control because I used to get really bad cramps and have heavy bleeding. The reason it doesn't a get 10 star review from me is because the first month of adjusting to it was awful for me. I had horrible cramps and pretty much nonstop bleeding. But 4 years removed from the situation, I would say it was worth it. I did not experience weight gain and it's so nice to have control over my body. Now my periods are predictable and the cramps aren't as bad."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I got on Jolessa because I get horrible migraines when I get my period, so having it just 4 times a year is much better than 12/13 (I got it every 22 days). I gained a little weight but other than that, I love it. I've never had any issues with other side effects and I've been on it for a year and a half."

Happy User (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I am on my 3rd month close to the sugar pills and I have been spotting for the past week and a 1/2. I've gained 10lbs, experience pimples here and there, mood swings, and a decrease in sex drive! I'm not sure if I like the pill yet or not b/c my body hasn't had time to completely adjust. I hate the spotting and cramps but my breast did grow and the 1st few months on it was great. I think I'll try another pack to see if my body adjusts."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2015