User Reviews for Etanercept

Behcet's Disease

Summary of Etanercept reviews 8.0 257 reviews

Reviews for Etanercept

jv · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 28, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Been using Enbrel for 5+ years. when I started I was in terrible pain and could not even close my hands more than 20%. I had joint pain all over. From the second shot the improvement was amazing and the relief has continued to date. I would say Enbrel is a miracle drug for me."

Guinea pig · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I started it with the Enbrel sure click 50mg. I've taken Enbrel for 2 months. My finger pain seems to be going away. My doctor recently changed it to the mini sure click. I find the injection to be painful. I didn't have this issue with the regular sure click. I do like the lights and the sounds that lets you know it's complete. I will continue talking it."

Coloradohiker · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 11, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I started using Enbrel about 9 months ago. I was in terrible shape, barely able to get out of bed and get myself dressed. I take Enbrel and 10 mg leflunomide, and I now feel great. I ski, hike, lift weights. Most days I forget I even have RA. It has been a complete game changer for me."

susan June 5, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I love this medication Enbrel! While I'm not a fan of needles I happily do this one. I have gone from periods when I can not even move a specific body part to almost no pain or inflammation what-so-ever. I have the occasional flare in my fingers or toes, usually lasting a day or two. I haven't had a "major" flare-up for a couple years. Was diagnosed in 2010 with rheumtoid arthritis. Still working and doing whatever activity I want. Very happy with Enbrel."

Bistro · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 1, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I've suffered from severe RA for 9 years and have been on Enbrel for 7 years. Enbrel has been a miracle drug for me. I have not had any side effects for now. I am careful about being around sick people but not paranoid and wash my hands frequently during flu season. I have stopped twice due to change in rheumatologists and the last time was a disaster with a full flareup. I am very happy today that I finally injected myself using the Enbrel mini. Who would be excited about an injection - ME."

Future is bright May 18, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I had my first shot of Enbrel yesterday for psoriatic arthritis. I feel amazing this morning. I was able to get out of bed with no knee pain and hold my cup of coffee with no pain. The side effects I have read scare me, but I have to try. I am 51 years old and could not continue with that pain still too young to deal with that. Oh and let me tell you how I actually ran down the stairs this morning. I just pray this continues to help."

Janet · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I was going to the Doctors for joint pain for along time. Finally my primary recommended me to see a rheumatologist. Visited her for several months before putting me on Enbrel for the ankylosing spondylitis. I feel like a new person. No pain, increased activity and loss 25 pounds well needed loss. I am so happy. I also get the flu shot and so when flying I increase my over the counter probiotics and immune meds (airborne) so I don’t get sick. Been on Enbrel for 6 months."

Anonymous April 18, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I was on it for 15 years. It changed my life. I have psoriasis really bad. Thanks to Enbrel, no more psoriasis on my head, in my ears, legs, toe nails, finger nails, etc. I also switched to Cetiphil to wash myself and Tide Free to wash my clothes. Completely symptom free! Years later, I developed psoriatic arthritis as that’s very common once you have the psoriasis marker. Enbrel helped that as well. Now I have a new job and new insurance. They made me try Humira. It’s been extremely difficult for me and I’m having my worst ever flare up. I’m so sick right now. The pain in horrible! My doc is having me take steroids until I’m hopefully approved for Enbrel. I also have burning as a symptom. I feel like I’m on fire. The insurance companies care about money, not our health unfortunately."

Jayne 3788 · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I've only been talking Enbrel for two weeks form my rheumatoid arthritis. I haven't noticed any changes or decrease of pain. I haven't had any pain on injection site, or any side effects so far."

Bosh · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 6, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Diagnosed with RA at 22yrs. Started with Plaquenil, then added methotrexate. Took some time to get the dose right due to nausea. That combo helped for 2 years. Then added Enbrel. It helped immediately but still had problems so added Meloxicam. Prednisone as needed for flareups. After serious ulcers I stopped the meloxicam and prednisone. Enbrel only worked for 1.5yrs. After I'd been on it about a year it started wearing off. I would inject every week but the meds would only last about 5 days and then I'd be disabled until time to take my next injection. Finally it stopped working all together. Just switched to Humira, still taking plaquenil and methotrexate. Many illnesses due to the compromised immune system, and extreme fatigue, but my RA is so severe I am fully disabled without these meds. I hope I can find one that will last longer. With the Enbrel support card, I have not had to pay for this drug. I prefer the syringes to the pens."

Paolo · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with PA and I have no psoriatic symptoms except on the heels of my feet. I suffer from arthritic pain in my right hand (thumb mostly) and both big toes. I was prescribed Embrel and after taking the first injection (which caused extreme nausea) I was perplexed that my symptoms worsened. Now I was experiencing pain on my left hand and other places I hadn’t noticed pain before. I thought maybe I have to have a few doses before I see any relief from symptoms, so I administered a second injection and although I didn’t experience the nausea of my previous experience, I noticed no relief and a worsening of pain again, continuing to affect areas that were never painful previously. I have decided not to continue treatment."

Daisy · Taken for 10 years or more January 7, 2019

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My daughter was diagnosed with RA at the age of 8, after severe pain in most of her joints including jaw, fingers, elbows, neck, knees, hip, ankles and swelling around knees. At that point she even struggled to walk. She was prescribed Methotrexate by NHS in the Uk, which didn’t seem to change anything and had terrible side effects. She was then injected with Embrel in each of the 23 affected joints, which had an immediate effect and she was able to walk and on a lot less pain in a matter of days. She was put on weekly Embel injections and has been on it since, 10 years now. We tried tanking her off twice, after arteries went into remission, but both times it came back. Embrel has been life changing for us and I am grateful to the UK government for covering the cost, and now for having an insurance also covering the cost in the UAE."

alex · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 16, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "oh behalf of my mother, this medicine has caused her to get MS - a terrible disease that CAN'T be treated. She can barely walk half of the time and can’t work anymore. I would rate this a 0 but that’s not an option."

CamaroCutie · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 12, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have tried a few medications for my Rheumatoid arthritis. Nothing seemed to work. I couldn’t use my hands much nor walk very far. My expectations at this point in life were very low for any kind of relief. Then my rheumatologist changed my medicine to Enbrel. They gave me the Enbrel auto injector w/ mini Enbrel cartridges. It gives you the injection and you never see the needle, it’s virtually painless. The day of my very 1st injection all the pain started to subside. I was in shock but now optimistic for the first time in years. The third day I had no severe pain left nor tenderness in my hands and fingers. I was beside myself with hope this was actually going to work and more importantly last...and it has. I’m pain free for almost a year now. I now have my life back."

Jackie · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I began Enbrel on Tuesday & by Thursday I could feel the difference. I was excited yet had the thought in the back of my head “how could this be?” It’s now only Saturday and has been 4 days. So much better that I can’t believe it. I am certainly thankful but wonder how it could work so fast. I have RA, fibro & thyroid autoimmune diseases. Plus degenerative disc in the lower back. Enbrel has even helped w/that. It has been more like a twinge than pain. No swelling, redness or pain anywhere. I was so afraid to take the medication but now that I have wish I hadn’t waited so long. I realize that it could stop working any day or have side effects. But for now I’m very optimistic. "

Nicky Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 27, 2018

For Still's Disease: "Prescribed Enbrel after 6 months of Methotrexate & Prednisone. My WBC and inflammation was elevated prior to Enbrel. After only 2 weeks, my WBC has returned to normal range. Inflammation has been reduced. Gradually tapering Prednisone after successful Enbrel results. Once a week Sure Click injection is harmless. Don’t freak at YouTube videos that make it seem dreadful. It’s very simple to use. Remove from refrigerator 20-30 minutes before use."

youngoldman · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been on Enbrel 50 mg auto injector for approximately 2 1/2 months. before this I was put on Prednisone for 3 bad months, then 5 months of Hydroxychloroquine that was ineffective. The Enbrel is included in my personal list of "miracle" drugs that work for me! The injections are now producing good results the same day I inject, dealing with crushing fatigue and debilitating body ache/pain. I know that people react differently to meds and Enbrel might not work for you or give you bad side effects, but I feel that, if you can tolerate the med, try it for 2 months. I just hope that, after my trial run, I can afford it or get assistance, its a great med for me."

MAB · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 4, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "At various points I was on Enbrel, Stelara or Humira. All probably within a 3-5 year time period for psoriatic arthritis. Then I was dx with stage 3 non Hodgkin's Lymphoma. All Rituxan from here out."

Jim · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 2, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "My wife has found great relief using Enbrel for the last 5 years after she was diagnosed with aggressive psoriatic arthritis. My main complaint is the cost of a drug that was introduced 20 years ago. We were co-paying $10 every 90 days until my wife turned 65, when the debit card provided by Enbrel was cancelled. She has to sign up for a Medicare Part D plan now and her co-pay is over $4,800 a year for just that medicine, not including the monthly premiums for the Part D plan. With dual Medicare Part B and Medicare supplemental, our out of pocket cost for 2019 is $10,601, not including other deductibles, and we are healthy. Question: Why do the makers of Enbrel (Amgen) get to charge these exorbitant rates after 20 years on the market. I guess that's why they invented lobbyists."

JRC · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Made no difference after 5 months. Back on prednisone and ibuprofen."

Ivfiuidotcom July 18, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Last 3 months of use I developed neuro problems , tremors, urine issues, skin issues and seizures 2 to 48 hrs after injection, began walking with a list (tilted, off balance), became confused, locked myself in a closet for 2 days. Would turn on burners then go back and forth forgetting to get food out of fridge. Family demanded I stop. After enbrel I had 4 weeks of elevated blood pressure 160 over 95 and pulse of 90. My BP for 15 yrs has been 120 to 130 over 70s and pulse in upper 60s. Urine turned dark brown and had a smell so horrid I would retch. My liver prior to stopping Enbrel enlarged further as did my spleen. Enzyme levels skyrocketed and biliburin levels went from .5 prior to out of range 1.7. platelet levels dropped from low 120 ml per to less than 80ml per. Have regained memory but still have tremors have lost 45 lbs in a month with no end in sight. Still have neurological issues and walk funny Enbrel wrecked my body and Amgen is not interested in what happened."

Buck · Taken for 10 years or more July 10, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Great stuff! Cleared my psoriasis right up. Took for close to 15 years before Blue Cross Blue Shield stopped covering it. Now using Humira with disastrous results."

slynnette · Taken for 10 years or more May 24, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I've been on Embrel and plaquinil for about as long as I've been diagnosed which is about 10 years. I've had surgery to remove cysts on my fingers, bottom , my cervical spine (kinda tricky), tomorrow I go in to have a walnut sized growth on my left chest wall. My fingers are deformed, numb with episodes of Raynauds."

BeckyG17 · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I used the Enbrel injection 3 times before I decided to NOT do the 4th injection. After the third injection I had a giant, purple raised, rash everywhere I had injected. 8 days after my third injection I suffered a massive subdural hematoma (brain bleed). On top of that the 8 days after the 3rd injection I had more body pain than I have ever experienced in my life. I would never advise anyone to use this medication!"

Ell · Taken for 10 years or more May 8, 2018

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been using Embrel for 20 years. I started it in a trial in 1998. I could barely walk at the time and was in constant pain. Except for occasional knee problems I live a normal life with little pain"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)