User Reviews for Imvexxy to treat Atrophic Vaginitis

Imvexxy has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 28 ratings for the treatment of Atrophic Vaginitis. 46% of those users who reviewed Imvexxy reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Imvexxy Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Atrophic Vaginitis.

Reviews for Imvexxy

Lolo · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2021

“I began Imvexxy hoping it would help with the dryness and itchiness I sometimes feel. I have not been sexually active in years, but the dryness drives me crazy. This has not helped with the dryness, though the itchiness has stopped. Then, I suddenly began to get boils, and more than one. I’ve never had them before. I began to feel rundown and fatigued as well. My eyes began to feel dry as well. I won’t continue using this product. I’ll definitely try something else.”

Diner · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 17, 2021

“Product worked for vaginal problems. However, had joint pain and swelling, couldn't sleep at night. Anyone else had this problem?”

whims · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 6, 2021

“I'm 65 years old I started Imvexxy when I turned 62 and it worked for me I thought life was great again then I turned 65 and Medicare/Blue Cross entered my life the price is over 200 dollars a month for me and of coarse my insurances will not cover that at all so it is out of my pocket ! I had to turn to a different brand this brand does not work for me sad to say . Why would Imvexxy get you hooked and then once you really need at our age and you cant afford it !!!!!”

Lea · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 13, 2020

“I have been taking Imvexxy 10mg twice a week for about 10 months now. I had dryness on the outside of my personal area, more so then the inside dryness. I'm 64 with a healthy sex life. My husband thought it made me too lubricated and he didn't care for it. After two months I noticed night sweats, and some hair loss along with slight headaches. Mostly the night sweats was my big problem. I adjusted to 1 time a week of the 10mcg for a month, but still had night sweats. Now, I have been totally off Imvexxy for two weeks and noticed the night sweats have lightened up a bit. I am going to continue to stay off for 6 weeks to see if there is a big difference with the night sweats, hoping they disappear completely. I did not have this problem before I was on Imvexxy. The reason I was checking out these reviews was to see if anyone else had these same side effects, please let me know if you do.”

Kimmiepoo11 September 16, 2020

“After dealing with atrophy following a total hysterectomy, my Doc suggested Imvexxy. Let's start with the positives: It DID what it was supposed to do, painful sex vanished after using it only a week and 1/2 and I felt better in the nether regions. Now for the "not so" positives: I noticed my hair thinning, and had a slight headache. In the 2nd week I noticed a rash on my arms(elbow down) and legs. My Family Doc treated me with steroids, but it started right back following treatment, I decided to stop Imvexxy on a hunch, and after nearly two weeks the rash began to fade. When I mentioned this to my Gyn, she said you must be allergic to coconut oil.... I use coconut oil every day with no issues. The ONLY thing different before all this mess was starting Imvexxy. Bottom line if anyone did have a rash after this medication and was told "That's not the cause." by their Doc. you are not alone. I am trying another (non-hormonal) product as it had some good reviews...just to see.”

Relief at last · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

“I can't believe how quickly this worked for me. I am using the 10mcg, and I noticed a big difference after one use. I never realized how bad my situation was until I realized I was moist and comfortable down there the morning after the first dose. (Sorry if that is TMI!) I was having terrible burning, itching, painful intercourse, and a feeling that I always had to urinate. I'm 47 and still menstruating, but my gynecologist recommended this drug. I haven't been using it for very long, but so far so good. I read the full insert and read two books (Estrogen Matters and The Estrogen Window) before deciding to take the plunge. I am still worried about the possibility of hair loss. Some users mentioned that side effect. For the record, I also have RA and secondary Sjogren's Syndrome. I take a lot of immunosuppressant drugs. I hate to add to the medication list, but I was absolutely miserable and getting frequent UTIs from the dryness.”

ABK · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2020

“My Dr. wanted me to take this every night for two weeks. I had to discontinue use after 4 nights. When I would get up in the morning, there was so much discharge. I had a horrible headache the entire four days that I took it. It made my rosacea flair up. I felt tired and run down and my body felt sore.”

Tamara October 12, 2020

“I’m 51 and been in menopause for a few years. Imvexxy and progesterone 100mg have helped me 100 percent! I have been taking both for 2 weeks and intercourse is comfortable and pleasurable. I had a few headaches the first week. No other side effects. My husband and I couldn’t be happier with the results of Imvexxy. He thinks my breasts feel larger than before too. Thankful customer.”

SweetP · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2020

“I just started my 3rd month of using the 10 mcg insert of Imvexxy. The dryness has been completely reversed, which in turn stopped my chronic BV. Yay!! However, I've been feeling nauseous and crampy with a mild headache for the past 6 weeks. I also seem to be experiencing more hot flashes and night sweats. I don't want to believe its the Imvexxy causing this and the low back pain but, since nothing else has changed, and I take no other medications, I can only assume it is the Imvexxy. I am almost 60 yrs old and been in menopause for 8 yrs or so. I keep thinking these symptoms will go away but they actually may be worsening. I'll likely finish using the rest of this prescription but not renew it.”

Lorelei · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

“Imvexxy 4 mcg is amazing vaginal suppository! I was extremely dry and now I have moisture again ,and feel terrific! I highly recommend this product ,it has changed my life!!!!! The best thing is, no side effects!!!!”

LeslieRose · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2020

“I got bad migraine headaches on this medication. Imvexxy I was not able to work because of the headaches/nausea. I can't tolerate this medication. I was even on the lowest dose and it's still horrible. I will go to another option that is not hormonal. This stuff is vicious. If I could give it a Zero, I would.”

Gee Gee January 18, 2019

“I had great results after a few days of taking it but it has been 10 days now and I feel a “ itchy feel good sensation in my vagina “ I am worried I am getting a yeast now. Has anyone else experienced this. I am assuming it’s not just hormones making me feel fluttery in there. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

“I’ve been using this for a few months and am new to these type of products. This product gets all over your underwear even if you insert it before bed. You wake with it everywhere. I think more comes out than stays in. I’m going to ask for something else because I don’t think this really helps dryness.”

Disappointed · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

“After the first dose, I felt a positive change and enjoyed careful intercourse. After the second dose, the discharge was significant and odorous. The day after the third dose and for the next three days, the itching and inflammation were unbearable. I would call the swelling an explosion. Time to try something else.”

monkeymomsc1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2019

“Used Imvexxy before bed the first time and could tell a difference the next morning a HUGE improvement for me. I guess over time I hadn't realized how Sahara dry things were. Still new to it but haven't noticed any side effects thus far. HUGE HUGE difference”

Yamacl May 11, 2020

“I didn't notice much if any improvement after 4 months of 10 mcg twice a week, but I stopped it as I noticed a quarter sized bald spot on the front of my hair that wasn't there before I started taking it. In fact, I have thick hair otherwise, and now there is hair all around this bald spot but it is smooth in the middle with no hair growth! : I don't know if it is from this medication but it seems to coincide with taking it and I don't take any other medications. Now I am concerned I won't get hair to grow back there, or if more bald spots appear. I am 54, and no family history of balding, both my mom and father in their late 70s have a full head of hair with no balding.”

DK · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 5, 2020

“I’ve used imvexxy for about a year with no problems. It does work for me although it’s a nuisance having to remember to insert — which I do at night. My biggest complaint is they specify keeping it within a very narrow temperature range. Fridge would be too cold but when we have a hot spell in summer I have to keep the capsules in the basement”

Middle Age · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

“I was prescribed Imvexxy and 1) it took too long to work 2) I had to endure additional testing because the Company that created it didn’t have the foresight to think that maybe they shouldn’t make the capsule pinkish which when dissolved and leaked on panties could be mistaken for spotting in a post menopausal female. How stupid! No thanks. My Dr. prescribed the Premarin cream for me instead. I only use a tiny amount 2x a week . Worked quickly. Not messy.”

missy_65 · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2020

“A friend recently told me about Imvexxy . I received my order via pill pack 3 weeks ago. Packaging was exceptional. Hormone quality even better than premarin. Had to stop taking premarin cream last year due to complications from the product. One happy customer here. And would most certainly recommend imvexxy”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2020

“I tried Imvexxy for 4 weeks and then tried Intrarosa for 4 weeks and decided on Imvexxy. I have been on it for 2 months now and am very pleased. The first 2 weeks, I had a mild headache pretty immediately after using the drug, but thankfully I no longer have this side effect. A big bonus has been much better sleep since taking Imvexxy. The Intrarosa also worked for the Vaginal Dryness, but also was more cumbersome with daily usage requirement, and also made it hard to fall asleep at night.”

Lenny · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

“I have tried Imvexxy twice the first time with the lower dosage and I felt improvement with no side effects and then after the first two weeks I developed a very bad yeast infection. When I went to the doctor she thought this might be a coincidence and she put me on the higher dosage. I felt breast tenderness and insomnia . And again after two weeks once a day the yeast infection is starting up. Need to call the doctor in the middle of the COVID-19 self isolation! Worried.”

3v’s · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 12, 2020

“Started with Imvexxy 10mcg and severe migraines coming back (also noticed out of nowhere, developed atrial fibrillation? Sad because the product worked great and nearly immediately for the painful intercourse! Afib stopped and decided to try the lower dose at 4 mcg. Now I have severe pressure in the pelvic area. Feels awful. First I thought it was due to increase physical activity but now I think it is the product because it immediately feels worse again after inserting and lying down. Have constant feeling of urgency. Worried about prolapse but went to OB/gym and she said that was fine. I am sad but think I will have to stop as the misery of constant feeling pressure (like a UTI or a pressure like wanting to give birth) is awful!”

Wenglowski · Taken for 10 years or more July 10, 2018

“I have been taking this suppository for the last 15 years in Europe and it prevented dryness and shrinking. I am mid 70 and my moisture has not changed.”

Resa · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

“l used imvexy for four nights and it left me swollen inside and out with a major infection , long story short, l'm allergic to the outer coating .”

LucyLu · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2020

“Started the month of Feb and my results are much better than I expected. No more pain and moisture levels have fully restored”

Kit Kat April 1, 2020

“Started using Imvexxy 3 weeks ago. Cramps, headaches & still encountering painful intercourse. I am 51... looking for relief... Insertion is a bit messy. I have stopped using as of yesterday...”

Ula December 21, 2020

“After one time use, next day I noticed itchy rash most under armpits and some on my torso, I'm afraid to use again, also in the morning had bad hot flashes, last time had over a year ago.”

Margaritablue · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2020

“3 weeks on imvexxy now. Very positive changes since I have started. Will come back to update after my fourth month”

Learn more about Atrophic Vaginitis