How does Imvexxy work to treat dyspareunia (painful sex) due to menopause?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 3, 2023.
Imvexxy (estradiol vaginal inserts) works by adding estrogen back to the tissues in and around the vagina.
Imvexxy is a bio-identical 17β-estradiol vaginal insert for the treatment of dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse). Dyspareunia is a result of vulvovaginal atrophy (VVA) due to lower estrogen production during menopause. VVA manifests as a thinning, drying and swelling of the vaginal walls making sexual intercourse difficult and painful.
Related medical questions
- How long does it take for Vagifem to dissolve?
- Does Valerian Root interact with any drugs?
- What is the difference between Intrarosa and Osphena?
- Do I have a Urinary Tract Infection?
- Does Bijuva contain bio-identical hormones?
- How do you use Intrarosa vaginal inserts?
- FAQs for Ovulation Home Testing Kit
- Estrace Vaginal Cream - How long before improvement in atrophic vaginitis ?