User Reviews for Eplerenone

Also known as: Inspra

Eplerenone has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 22% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 44% reported a negative experience.

High Blood Pressure
5.9
Heart Failure
Summary of Eplerenone reviews 4.8 10 reviews

Reviews for Eplerenone

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · August 12, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: “I have had problems with low potassium for over a year so the blood pressure goes up because of it. Tried spironolactone but side effects were bad especially migraines. I started on 50mg of eperlenone but the side effects of extreme fatigue, dry mouth, muscle weakness and getting dehydrated very easily caused me to go down to 25mg to see if it's any better. My potassium went from 3.1 to 3.8 in 6 days on this but those 6 days were exhausting. So, it's definitely good for that. Not sure if I can stick it out with feeling so bad on it. Tried many others and supplements plus foods and never got higher that 3.1. It's the aldosterone that causes high blood pressure and low potassium. Hope more people join in on their experience.”

Jimmy B · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 2, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I did not tolerate this drug very well. I changed from Spironolactone which gave me severe nipple pain. Eplerenone at 25mg was well tolerated but had minimal effect. Doctor increased dose to 50mg and that started a general malaise with uncomfortable breast pain and also made my urine extremely odorous and acidic which triggered UT sensitivity and burning. I thought I had a UTI but symptoms disappeared when I stopped taking the drug. I think I’ll live with my slightly elevated blood pressure thank you. ”

Ladybug · Taken for less than 1 month · January 8, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I took one eplerenone 25 mg. tablet. I could hardly get any urine out. I reported to doctor who said that was normal. My blood pressure 6 hours after taking the one dose was 210/106. I looked Eplerenone up and found that it CAN cause high blood pressure as Aldosterone increases the amount of sodium & water a person retains. I could barely urinate, so, I retained a lot of sodium & water. I stopped taking this after the 1 dose. I cannot take a chance on a stroke or heart attack or heart failure. I will start exercising to get rid of Adrenaline.”

james2 · December 8, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “Was on spironolactone for 5 yrs with terrible side effects, name it I had it. The breast soreness is what did it for me, and finally I stumbled into eplerenone after 5 yrs of suffering through spironolactone. Eplerenone works great for me with minimum or no side effects and the most important thing is that there is NO MORE BREAST PAIN. My blood pressure is under control and my potassium is 4.5. I incorporated a work out schedule with this medication 2-4 times a week.”

Simonite · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 3, 2021

For High Blood Pressure: “Started taking this, I now have bouts of coughing leading to breathlessness. This happens when resting and when exercising. Taking with Lots of other meds two in particular are Bisoprolol and Furosemide. When suggesting to medical professional the cough might be due to the Eperenone I was informed they had never heard of this affecting anyone in that way before. I am seeking further advise as the cough is not improving. Originally just given bisoprolol which improved my condition. Then added the Eperenone, which has had a negative affect on how I feel. But I will seek further advise before stopping as advised on patient leaflet”

kEITH-C · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 17, 2021

Inspra (eplerenone) for Heart Failure: “I was prescribed Inspra when valsartan caused very low BP. I was also taking low dose Beta-Blockers. Unfortunately Inspra had the same effect. It would help if these drugs were available in combined forms, starting at very low doses in order to minimize non-compliance amongst patients who experience troubling side effects. Inspra did not have any noticeable symptomatic benefits but the low BP was very unacceptable.”

Hyperion this · Taken for 1 to 2 years · October 30, 2020

For Heart Failure: “On this eplerenone tablet for over a year I have side effect symptoms of severe cough, throat swelling, muscle pain, chest pain, very bad fatigue and flu like symptoms.”

Jr. · August 16, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “excessive sweating ; numbness feet & fingers; taken with Lisinopril”

Bangkok303 · June 20, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: “Reduced my blood pressure well but experienced extreme tiredness. A routine blood test found hyperkalemia and reduced renal function requiring three days in hospital for treatment.”

seadragon · September 10, 2014

Inspra (eplerenone) for High Blood Pressure: “Life is the same again!”