User Reviews for Eplerenone

Also known as: Inspra

High Blood Pressure 6.0

Reviews for Eplerenone

Ladybug · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I took one eplerenone 25 mg. tablet. I could hardly get any urine out. I reported to doctor who said that was normal. My blood pressure 6 hours after taking the one dose was 210/106. I looked Eplerenone up and found that it CAN cause high blood pressure as Aldosterone increases the amount of sodium & water a person retains. I could barely urinate, so, I retained a lot of sodium & water. I stopped taking this after the 1 dose. I cannot take a chance on a stroke or heart attack or heart failure. I will start exercising to get rid of Adrenaline.”

Jimmy B · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I did not tolerate this drug very well. I changed from Spironolactone which gave me severe nipple pain. Eplerenone at 25mg was well tolerated but had minimal effect. Doctor increased dose to 50mg and that started a general malaise with uncomfortable breast pain and also made my urine extremely odorous and acidic which triggered UT sensitivity and burning. I thought I had a UTI but symptoms disappeared when I stopped taking the drug. I think I’ll live with my slightly elevated blood pressure thank you. ”

seadragon September 10, 2014

Inspra (eplerenone) for High Blood Pressure: “Life is the same again!”

Bangkok303 June 20, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: “Reduced my blood pressure well but experienced extreme tiredness. A routine blood test found hyperkalemia and reduced renal function requiring three days in hospital for treatment.”

james2 December 8, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “Was on spironolactone for 5 yrs with terrible side effects, name it I had it. The breast soreness is what did it for me, and finally I stumbled into eplerenone after 5 yrs of suffering through spironolactone. Eplerenone works great for me with minimum or no side effects and the most important thing is that there is NO MORE BREAST PAIN. My blood pressure is under control and my potassium is 4.5. I incorporated a work out schedule with this medication 2-4 times a week.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: “I have had problems with low potassium for over a year so the blood pressure goes up because of it. Tried spironolactone but side effects were bad especially migraines. I started on 50mg of eperlenone but the side effects of extreme fatigue, dry mouth, muscle weakness and getting dehydrated very easily caused me to go down to 25mg to see if it's any better. My potassium went from 3.1 to 3.8 in 6 days on this but those 6 days were exhausting. So, it's definitely good for that. Not sure if I can stick it out with feeling so bad on it. Tried many others and supplements plus foods and never got higher that 3.1. It's the aldosterone that causes high blood pressure and low potassium. Hope more people join in on their experience.”