User Reviews for Vestura

Vestura has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings on Drugs.com. 42% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control
5.3
Acne
8.5
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
Summary of Vestura reviews 6.1 13 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Vestura

saltlife19 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2017

For Birth Control: “I have been on birth control for over 5 years due to a BRCA diagnosis and this is by far the absolute worst brand ever. My pharmacy started giving me a different generic of the one I was previously on and it was the worse 4 months (insurance wouldn't cover another pack and buying one was too expensive). I went from having almost no period symptoms on Lornya to being in bed for 4 days puking and the worst cycles since I first started having them. I gained 10 pounds in the first 2 months of the pack and was having mood swings all the time. Maybe it was because I switched brands but this was miserable and i hope other women can avoid it.”

Hjg720 March 5, 2017

For Birth Control: “I've been on Vestura for a little over 6 months. I went on it because I had irregular periods and bad acne, especially on my back and chest. My periods are no longer irregular and are much lighter too. I would say that my acne is about 90% clearer now; my chest and back acne is basically gone, but I've been noticing some breakouts on my face lately. I haven't noticed any major mood swings or changes in my mood. However, I do think that my appetite has changed while on this pill. The past few months I've noticed that foods that I used to eat regularly, normally for breakfast or lunch, now seem like the least appetizing things in the world.”

MMS · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 11, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've been taking Vestura for at least 3 years. Last year, this was discontinued and the pharmacy switched me to Nikki! It was terrible. The emotional rollercoaster I was on was horrible. After calling my Dr and the pharmacy, I was able to return back to the Vestura on "special order" but over the last couple of months I've noticed an increase in moodiness, (seriously emotionally wrecked) thoughts of jealousy and paranoia. This is the ONLY medicine I take. I have decided to stop BC all together and see if I can't reset my system for a happier and healthier me.”

djohnson22 August 6, 2017

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “So, I read reviews for this med before starting exactly 1 week ago. I took Yaz years ago and LOVED it! I'm taking this primarily to help with my mood/ hormonal imbalance (self-diagnosis) bc I believe Yaz helped with that before. I saw reviews for this medicine which made me skeptical and I generally don't leave product reviews online, but I wanted to weigh in bc these reviews help. I'm almost 35 years old- have only been taking for a week and I have noticed a breakout on my face! I can't really tell if the meds is helping with my moods or not yet. Sometimes I think it does, but it could be the placebo effect. My plan is to try this for a 3-month cycle to see how my body reacts. After this, I'll either continue with this or go back to Depo-Provera. Meanwhile, I've also heard that the Plexus probiotic VitalBlome is getting good reviews for really helping with moods. I'm ordering that next week.”

Anonymous September 14, 2016

For Acne: “I have been on this birth control for a month and never had any side effects. I never had the mood swings or migraines others have reported. I went on this specific brand because it is the generic form on YAZ and I wanted to clear my acne. I can say my face is 80% better than what it was a month ago and I am very happy with the results. I look forward to what a few more months on this pill can do for my skin. I give it a 9 because I was spotting a few days before my period week, but I think that's to be expected with a new pill.”

Berri · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2018

For Birth Control: “Was on ortho tri cycles for four months, which gave me unbearable cystic acne that I've never experienced before. My cheeks/jawline became 80% swollen red and covered in painful acne. But now after two weeks vestura has cleared my skin, just waiting for these terrible red marks to fade. My breasts have gotten smaller which is a bummer but so far so good. No bloating or break through bleeding! Everyone is different so it's worth trying even if something has been reviews or didn't work for some people.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 5, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've been through the wringer with Yaz generics over the last 7 years and Vestura worked best for me. Completely helped clear my acne and keep it away. Though I do feel it's difficult to lose weight on I feel that way about all the BC pills I've been on. For me personally it was the best of the Yaz generics for everything - super light and non painful periods, no acne, and minimal other side effects. Currently on Nikki and I HATE it. My acne is back and I'm way too emotional. Vestura was the way to go for me, hopefully I can get back on it.”

Anonymous October 10, 2019

For Acne: “I had terrible cystic acne in my 20s and my OBGYN recommended starting on YAZ combination pill. This was my first experience on BC pills ever. My insurance covered only generics - so I began on VESTURA. Tbh, the first 2 months on this pill was BAD. It cleared my acne but it also cause me to have a regular period for 60 days. The constant bleeding caused extra fatigue, and depression followed due to the lack of energy. I voiced my concerns to my OBGYN, but she pressed me to continue the pill into the 3rd month and report back. I'm glad I did stay on it. Literally on the start of the third pack (3rd month)- the bleeding stopped. I had been on the pill for 2 years and never had any bad side effects. Some light bloating at times, but nothing else. Periods were always on time / light to no cramps. Emotions felt more balanced. And effectively, no cystic acne which was a relief.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2016

For Birth Control: “I have a history of mental illness, but have not been on medication for about a year and had no problems since then. After starting this medication, I started to have symptoms of depression and anxiety, irritability and mood swings. Hopefully I will be able to find a new form of birth control.”

Tomber · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “Prescribed for cramps and to help with acne. Definitely helped with acne but not so much with cramps. Now I have medium cramps every period instead of every few periods but at least I no longer have the really intense ones I had before. My period is more regular which is great but comes more frequently than before. My period is also shorter by a few days which is pretty nice. My doctor said that it could take a few months to see changes with cramping. My pharmacy just switched me over to a different drug a few days ago with same active ingredients.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've taken this before a few months at a time and it has never affected me this way until now. I have been on it for 3 weeks and it has truly been the worst 3 weeks of my life, emotionally speaking. I am so emotional that I am crying daily, anxious and just generally not enjoying life the way I was before starting this medication. I am wanting to be on birth control but am afraid to continue taking this very one due to the emotional impact it has on me. I've taken Yaz before and bled for 6 weeks, but eventually was levelled out.”

LittleGabrielle December 18, 2017

For Birth Control: “I was on this pill for about two years, besides it killing my sex drive I loved it! I'm currently on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and the side effects really suck. Heavier, more painful periods, dryness, etc. I'm really hoping I can get back on Vestura!”

RogueOne December 13, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: “I'm into my fourth month of Vestura (generic Yaz), and I'm a deeply worried. When I first began this BC, I experienced very few major side effects. A lot of people talk about the emotional mood swings of BC, but I'm a graduate student and I already suffer from undiagnosed depression, so my emotions on BC are the same as off. However, I did not expect the breakouts. It started last week, and now the right side of my face is covered in these tiny, raised itchy and sensitive bumps. I graduate next semester and I will have to go on job interviews. There's no way I can face an employer with this kind of rash on my face, in my industry, looks matter quite a bit. I think I may have to switch if this doesn't go away by the end of the current pack.”

R · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 5, 2019

For Birth Control: “This birth control gave me blood clots. Do not take this medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: “I got switched to this from yaz. The worst month of my life. Terrible mood swings, anxiety, not to mention I bled through the entire pack. I don't recommend this to anyone”